27499 Ynez Road
Temecula, CA 92591Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://gourmetitaliarestaurants.com/
- Phone: 9516769194
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday -Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Alessandro Prestifilippo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Thursday nights: Ron Lovely- Piano/Singer Friday: Sugar Bear & Unlimited Flavor Saturday: Randy & Associates Sunday: Sugar Bear & Unlimited Flavor
A word from Gourmet Italia
Gourmet Italia, experience Italy without ever leaving Temecula. Restauranteur, Alessandro (Alex) Prestifilippo moved to the states from Sicily in 1988. He takes pride in staffing his Sicilian Chef, Fabrizio, faimly friend and server, Angelo Catalano and the rest of his attentive, friendly staff. The menu and wine selection is vast and reasonable and the special dishes vary from Seafood Pescatore, Halibut, Salmon, Filet, Osso bucco, Lamb Shank, Wild Boar, Ostrich, Lobster Ravioli and much more! Visit the website for more about the restaurant, Alex, the menu, specials and cooking class information! Dine with us and you could end up in a picture on the website or Facebook page! :)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Gourmet Italia - Best Restaurants in Temecula ›
Gourmet Italia reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)romantic (42)special occasion (36)fit for foodies (28)notable wine list (23)good for groups (19)great for lunch (11)hot spot (11)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great food, great ambiance!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014The food was amazing and authentic. It was great to hear Italian being spoken throughout the restaurant. Will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Restaurant Ive Been ToOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014Gourmet Italia is probably THE BEST italian restaurant I've ever been to. The food was so delicious. And the server knowing it was our first time was very patient and EXTREMELY knowledgeable on ALL the dishes. Alicia was so helpful in finding us the perfect wine, which, I may add, hit the perfect spot with our seafood special pasta & chicken parmaggio. The dessert, it was so exquisite that it made us take our time enjoying bite by bite of the cherry gelato. The service was excellent. We made reservations in advance, so we went straight to our table and didn't have to wait. They even seated us on the more romantic area just as I had requested when I made reservations prior. Everyone was so polite and it made for a memorable evening for us.Special Features:
- tctravelerDined on 10/23/2014This was the second time my husband and I met two dear friends who live in La Jolla for lunch to celebrate joint birthdays. (Temecula is half-way between our resident cities.) Our friends have lived in Italy and speak fluent Italian, as well as appreciate fine Italian food. All four of us have been amazed by the excellence of the meals, and deeply appreciative of the terrific service; for each time we have visited the server has gone out of her way to be friendly, helpful, and accommodating, even moving heavy umbrellas so we could have shade on the patio. This is our spot from now on to celebrate birthdays twice a year!Special Features:
- Great spot!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2014I found this restaurant on Yelp, and the reviews on their were spot on!! Such a gem hidden in a strip mall. You feel like you're transported to another world. The ambience is perfect - casual yet elegant and very romantic! The food was amazing, service was great, ambience was absolutely perfect, and they even brought us a free dessert for our anniversary - tiramisu with the message "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate! Such a perfect dot on the tip of the i of a great evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub Par Servicebookgirl2Dined on 10/11/2014The food was good, but the service was not. It took at least 10 minutes for our waitress to approach our table after being seated. When she finally did she proceeded to tell us about the specials and then quickly left before even taking a drink order. We finally had to flag her down to give her our drink and appetizer order. Our entrees took forever to come out. However, the worst part was when we ordered a very nice 2009 Cabernet and after she had poured our wine we noticed that it was not a 2009 but a 2011. We complained to the owner. He actually told us that it was a wet year and should be good and then walked away. Needless to say, I will not be back. Decent food does not make up for terrible customer service!Special Features:
- Food was good, not great.DockafDined on 10/7/2014Food was good, but I have had better Lasagna. Sauce was a little weak and soupy. My friends had the filet medallions which were excellent. Overall a little noisy. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!KandMDined on 10/5/2014Our 3rd opportunity to dine there and again it was excellent, we both had the Osso Buco and loved it.Special Features:
- FabGrammy1Dined on 10/5/2014The ambiance was amazing, service incredible and ... too big of portion on the appetizer. Therefore, most of my entrée went home in a box.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR NEW ITALIAN RESTAURANT!MrsTNGalDined on 10/4/2014You wouldn't think the food in this strip mall location would be gourmet and the best, but it is!!! The service is excellent, the food is superior! We absolutely love going here for phenomenal Italian food! If you want to impress someone with an impressive meal, go here - you won't regret a single bite!Special Features:
- Real Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/2/2014This restaurant is awesome. Great food and service. Prices are reasonable as well. We will be back.Special Features:
- Italian gem in wine countryMAKaDined on 9/27/2014Situated just minutes from Old Town Temecula, this gem of a restaurant is deceptively unassuming when approaching the front door. Inside one is greeted by a gracious and knowledgeable staff. The food is beyond expectation. We asked the waiter for his suggestions and we're more than pleased with the veal shank and rack of lamb. There is not a better place for Italian food anywhere in the Valley....and we've been here for 30+ yearsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best place to eat in TemeculaPS2TravelDined on 9/25/2014Our favorite place in Temecula. The food is always excellent and we try at least one different thing each time. Alex, Angelo and Mimi are absolutely wonderful snd very attentive. They always make you feel like one of the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful dining experienceChefEddiesCritiqueVIPDined on 9/21/2014Great food, terrific service, reasonable prices, nice sized portions. Our server Mimi was outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014We came on a friday night after 7 had a reservation when it was really busy. We waited 5 minutes before a host could show us to a table. There was no host at the front greeting guests as they came in. There was other people behind us waiting. Because the place is small there's not really a place to wait except by the front door. There's no host desk either. Overall it was very good and the food was great. It was just the waiting time for a host. On a busy night there should be more than one host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great italian resto!MorinjoDined on 9/14/2014Best pasta in USA that's for sure! We did appreciate also the owner's red wine! Really good food and wine!Special Features:
- OKOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/14/2014We had high expectations when walking into the restaurant as the decor appeared cozy. Although we did get bread and a yummy olive tapenade, the price for pasta alone was not worth the money. The sauce was ok. Our server irritated us from the beginning as she tried to upsale items. She told my husband that because gnocci's are traditionally "sticky," they sometimes got stuck in peoples' throats and suggested he ordered additional protein items. Not cool.
- Great food and great service!jhlsdDined on 9/12/2014For many years, Gourmet Italia has never failed to please. A recent visit showed that this remains true. The food was great. The menu offers a variety sure to please everyone. This visit I had the specials of the day - beet and watermelon salad and a veal chop. Both were delicious and well prepared and presented. The service is great as well - attentive and friendly. Everyone in our group had a great meal and an enjoyable visit.Special Features:
- Louis Prima (he thinks)IdoLVIPDined on 9/9/2014The most notable was Alessandro, The Owner, who thinks he is Louis Prima or any other Italian Great Singer. Sorry, Alex you are not and it is annoying! The food is not fabulous. The salad we shared was good. The rest was not very memorable. My idea of Sicilian cooking did not change. Better look for a Northern Italian cuisine. However Alessandro does make a very good wine. Drink that and take the salad with the pear and bring ear plugs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- California TripMandT4everDined on 9/4/2014This was our second trip to Gourmet Italia. We discovered this restaurant two years ago when we were in Temecula. We came back to Temecula for a vacation and just had to have dinner there again. It was just as we remembered it. The food was absolutely wonderful and the service was outstanding. We made reservations through Open Table and there were no problems at all. I noted in the reservation that this was our 10th wedding anniversary and that we were excited to come back and have dinner there again. They made us feel like we were very special. We received 2 glasses of sparkling wine and and a special desert. We highly recommend this place for the food, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- pleasePattiDined on 8/31/2014The occasion was grandpa's 77th birthday. All three children and grandchildren were there. First time for all of us. The ambience was quiet, elegant old world charm. The food was superb, the only comments were raves and sighs of pleasure. My dish was salmon with a luscious pesto sauce paired with sautéed zucchini. We brought a birthday cake which the server took to the kitchen. At the appropriate time she brought the cake out and presented it to the birthday boy. Then took it back to the kitchen, cut it and served it to us. Go to Yelp for Gourmet Italia and you will see a glowing, descriptive review on Aug. 31 from Erik B of Orange County, my son-in-law.Special Features:
- Feel like your in Italypuddles6506Dined on 8/31/2014Food is authentic and delicious. The food is fresh and everything taste amazing. Great hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014I wish I knew about Gourmet Italia sooner! The food was amazing. I had a favorite authentic Italian place I use to go to in Orange County but it closed. This place is even better! The service and ambiance was great! Ask for Angelo! I went with a group of 8 friends and we all had a great time. We sat in the back where we could hear the live band but still hold conversations. Definitly going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!GandM99Dined on 8/28/2014Went here with a party of 8. We were celebrating 3 birthdays. The food and service was excellent! They even brought out a very nice plate of cannoli's as a birthday treat the family was able to share. Thanks Angelo for making our family celebration special :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014We were visiting Temecula for the day and chose this restaurant because of the reviews. We weren't disappointed but weren't terribly impressed either. Food and ambience were acceptable. Service was good. I had the Minestrone as an appetizer which proved to be the best dish of the evening. I had the Veal Marsala which was cooked just right but the seasoning was a bit off. Spaghetti Carbonara was "okay" if a bit dry.Special Features:
- Fine ItalianTonysLasVegasDined on 8/24/2014The food was great and the price was reasonable considering the quality and service. We went on a busy night, Saturday, and the service, all thought busy, was still attentive. A real quality job!Special Features:
- Excellent EveningNomNomNomDined on 8/21/2014We booked dinner as a celebration for a "Roast" and it was exceptional. Angelo was particularly helpful with all aspects of the reservation and setup. From technical instrumentation to dessert, Gourmet Italia delivered. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was just what we requested. Definately an A+ evening. Thank you Alex and Angelo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian EVEROpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014I love delicious food, awesome service, and a perfect ambiance to match. Gourmet Italia is absolutely thee best find in CA. It rivals and even surpasses many five-star resteraunts I've dined at. The pasta is divine. The steak is so flavorful... Their veal chops are heaven! You can dress up to make your experience completely upscale or you can dress a little bit more casual to be comfortable. It doesn't matter, the staff is very warm and inviting. The owner becomes a friend. They have their own wines, herbs, and olive oil that all come from his property.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great treat after wine tastingCokpeatsDined on 8/17/2014We had a delightful time after wine tasting in Temecula. The staff was very attentive and welcoming. All of our entrees were superbly prepared. Would recommend to friendsSpecial Features:
- RosinaVIPDined on 8/14/2014I'm from NY and Italian. That being said, this was the first Italian restaurant that I've tried since moving to CA. I was most pleasantly surprised and almost felt like I was in a NYC eatery. Will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- Great Food Great PlaceHungryPumaDined on 7/29/2014This is the best Italian restaurant in Temecula. We frequent the this place often and are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodSusieQDined on 7/27/2014Was in the Temecula area for one night for GF wine tasting weekend. I have been here two other times and food is excellent and wanted to bring my GF's. I made a reservation through Open Table and was seated right away which we appreciated but, was seated two tables from the front door which felt like we were in a fish bowl...everyone passing by including wait staff, too busy of a table to sit and enjoy our meal even though once again our meal was delicious. Our waiter, Giuseppe was attentive which of course helped with our situation. Recommendation: Don't sit so close to the front door, ask to be seated elsewhere. Overall the food and service was good, we enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- What a great PlacerneugeDined on 7/19/2014The Best in Temecula....The watermelon salad, pasta and service including wine was a hit.Special Features:
- Gail62VIPDined on 7/13/2014This was our second time here and we enjoyed it as much as the first time. The eggplant appetizer was great and my husband had the salmon with bow ties. He loved it. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Too priceyluv2trynewspotsDined on 7/11/2014Very overpriced. Never spent over $100 before for an Italian meal for 2 people. Soup or salad should be included with dinner like most other restaurants. $10 for an average bean soup not worth it. Entre was ok (veal parmigiana) but not worth $22. Asked for 2 desserts to go (cheesecake), and portion was very small for price of $7 each. Did enjoy the calamares and bread basket. Don't plan on returning.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014My wife & I had a great time. I had a creative salad that was really great.Special Features:
- What a CelebrationJustMarriedDined on 7/8/2014Upon discovering that wineries in Temecula are closed for dinner on Tuesday night, I came across the restaurant on Yelp! Having been married for just two days, my new husband and I really wanted a place to celebrate. Wow are we lucky we chose Gourmet Italia!! Upon arriving they asked us what we were celebrating, when we told them our marriage, they gave us the best table in the house, and brought us complimentary champagne. From the perfect romantic ambiance, to the delicious food, to the gracious and accomodating staff Gourmet Italia could not have made our night more memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceDeliciousItalianDined on 7/5/2014Walked in and the owner greeted us and walked us to our table. We had someone in a wheelchair with us which I mentioned when i made my reservation online and they had a great table with a open space for my friend in the wheelchair. The owner gladly made us feel comfortable and even offered to push her. Then our waiter came and she was very friendly. She told us the specials and made each special sound so delicious! The environment there was very romantic, they had candles everywhere and a live jazz band. Once our food arrived we all tried each others food (the portions were a good size) and loved all of them! Remember to make a reservation if going on the weekends! I got a free delicious dessert for my bday A+!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 347 reviews are from the Gourmet Italia reviews archive.
- Good food in an intimate atmosphereDavidLDined on 6/22/2014This small but wonderful restaurant is a wonderful place for a good Italian meal. The service was excellent and the food was really good with ample portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The right placegoodfoodieDined on 6/22/2014Gourmet Italia is a favorite of ours - that quaint little "hole in the wall" everyone's looking for - and we chose to introduce our new neighbors/friends to their incredible menu just before seeing Bill Medley perform in town. Our friends have been around the world and particularly love Italian food, so I knew Gourmet Italia would be perfect. The food was amazing, every dish was devoured. And the penne arribiatta (with muscles) that I had in place of my usual Lobster Ravioli (ran out) was out of the park. Ding, ding, ding! Another winner! Thank you Gourmet Italia!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our FavoritesyummygoodnessDined on 6/19/2014My wife and I truly love this restaurant. It has been our date night spot for many years. We don't live in Temecula but when we return to visit it is a must for us. Thank you for creating a great atmosphere and delicious food :-)Special Features: