615 Seymour St.
Vancouver, BC V6B 2K3Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gothamsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (604) 605-8282
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday - Friday 11:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jean Claude Douguet
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Gotham's sexy lounge plays host to a beautiful baby grand piano, with live music Thursday through Sunday. It's the perfect, cozy spot for quiet cocktails, or a livelier group get together.
A word from Gotham Steakhouse
An American style steakhouse and cocktail bar featuring tender steaks and stiff drinks. Gotham features soaring ceilings, sumptuous leather and velvet upholstery, private dining rooms, an award-winning wine list and exceptional service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Gotham Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Gotham Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (84)notable wine list (63)romantic (55)fit for foodies (47)good for groups (33)great for outdoor dining (18)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (12)great for lunch (9)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Impeccable service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014The atmosphere of The Gotham Steakhouse was lovely and cozy. The food was delicious and abundant. The service, provided by Craig, was impeccable! He was very attentive and delightful. I would highly recommend dining here for a special evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably the best steak in town.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/22/2014Service was great, never wanted for anything as the wait staff is always right there when you need them. Food was well prepared and at the correct temperature in every case but one. My only complaint was that we were not told of additional grilling options when ordering the bone in NY. Would have liked to know they would have finished it with the bone removed to ensure proper temperature throughout. Otherwise great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!Caitlyn2320Dined on 11/22/2014Very romantic, amazing food. Great experience all around, we highly recommend dining at GothamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticbryguy76Dined on 11/21/2014Fantastic service. Great Food. Altogether, amazing. But you pay for it handsomely, so don't expect to come here if you are on a budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/18/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and our service from start to finish. Excellent wine list and best ever crab cakes. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Our dinner was ok. Very surprised that the you have to pay extra for a side dish when you are spending $69.95 on steak and lobster. For $69.95 For steak and lobster I would have expected a steak that was 3/4 inch thick not less then 1/2 inch. My fiancé's requested her steak to be med/well. Her steak came med/rare. The waiter did have it cooked more but you should t have to ask to ha e it cooked more when you are paying the prices at your resturant.
- a little disapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014We have visited before and everything was awesome, but this time my steak was very undercooked and had to send it back which took a while. Our other guest had their coffee drink salted instead of sugar... Their drink was taken off the bill but my steak was not even given a discount. Considering each couple spent 250 you would think if not comping the steak at least cook another one. Everything else was good.Special Features:
- Treat when in Downtown VancouverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014Gotham Steakhouse is a gem! It is on the higher end of the spend but you get value for your money, the wine list is excellent it offers mid priced wines up to extravagant selections. The service is outstanding, the preparation and presentation is excellent. We visited the Hy's encore the night before and we impressed but then Gotham takes it up a few notches. Well Done!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014it was a great overall dining experience. i always enjoy your restaraunt.Special Features:
- mostly great.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We came here for my husband's birthday. Service was great and the steak was fantastic. The lobster bisque was not edible and the salad was okay. I would stick with the steak next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingCellohellrDined on 11/1/2014We had never been to Gotham and wanted to make it a very special evening for our 5th wedding anniversary. It was a beautiful spot, wonderful wait staff who were very knowledgeable. However we were very disappointed that despite the prices and higher class ambiance it seemed like it was just the average place that people go on a Saturday night. We were looking forward to a special night out but it was down graded to just a typical night out.Special Features:
- Special place for special eventsSharpeeDined on 10/24/2014Nice treat for anniversary, birthday or special occasion. Pricy but worth the treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experienceMVeeDined on 10/19/2014First time to Gothams and was wowed by the service and the food. Will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Gotham bar is bestLeftylemonVIPDined on 10/18/2014The men at the bar give the best service in Vancouver, bar none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!!!Joiseyboy41Dined on 10/17/2014Everything from the greeting when we arrived, our table, our waiter, the food and the ambiance couldn't be betterSpecial Features:
- Great serviceEmEs1205Dined on 10/14/2014The staff were super friendly. Very good environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great WineBkchungDined on 10/13/2014We had party of 6 people. Our steaks were cook perfect at the doneness we want and the wine suggested by Craig were brilliant and price friendly. Next time coming back, it won't be long.Special Features:
- AmazingSunnyDined on 10/4/2014Outstanding service, could not have left any happier. I made some special recommendations over open table and they met all the recommendations. Also being a vegetarian in a steakhouse, i didn't feel like the odd ball out they had so many options for me. I have to say one of the most accommodating restaurants in downtown Vancouver.Special Features:
- Great place to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We enjoyed our meal, our server Jasper, was fantastic. We celebrated as a group of 8 at a perfect round table. Only comment would be the door to the outside patio was open and we were right beside it and the evening was cool so a couple of the girls at the table were chilly and we did get a few whiffs of smoke from someone smoking out on sidewalk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unbeatable steakswolfvanXNADined on 9/28/2014Pricy - and worth every cent. Steaks at their best, and a wine list to dream of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but long wait timevancouverfoodieDined on 9/27/2014My first time at Gotham last night was overall good. Our server was friendly and attentive, but the wait time for food and drinks was too long. The food was excellent; I shared a porterhouse with a fellow diner and it was delicious. We got the creamed spinach and corn as sides, and while tasty, they seemed to have a hint of MSG in it. We were both very thirsty after dinner. About the wait times....we ordered cocktails but those took a while to arrive. Appetizers arrived in a timely manner, but everything after that took way too long. After finishing our entrees we sat around for a while before we got the dessert menus. Waiting for the dessert was easily the longest of the night. Our meal took 3 hours and we were a party of 3.Special Features:
- KevinKevin7Dined on 9/27/2014I take my family to Gothams 2 or 3 times a year and another 2 times for my company; including a large annual diner. This visit, on opera night though was a real disappointment. The food was more expensive then ever and the quality was the worst ever. I know their menu by heart and have really appreciated them over the years but after that experience I will not be returning, sorry to say
- Great Steakhouse.gsmeccaDined on 9/25/2014Gotham is a quintessential steak house. The decor throughout is Art Deco. There are two sides the bar/lounge and the dining room. We started in the bar where we had some great Gin Martinis and nibbled on nicely done Calamari: crisp, not greasy or overly battered. The dining room was equally good. The steaks (Bone-in Rib Eye, NY Strip, and Tenderloins) where done perfectly and the "Chicago Char" on the tenderloins was a nice touch. The sides were also great (creamed corn, french fries, onion rings). The star was the french fries. Almost certainly double fried with a super crunchy outside and a smooth and creamy inside. I could have just eaten a couple of orders of those. The service was smooth and professional. Great spot !Special Features:
- The Ultimate ExperienceLalainiaDined on 9/20/2014At Gotham's you will have the Ultimate experience you deserve at a restaurant. The staff is very educated on each dish, including where their meat comes from. The staff are also incredibly helpful and their overall personality shines as much as the brass in the restaurant. The food speaks for itself...unbelievable! Trust me you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- letaisterDined on 9/19/2014We came here for a special occasion and were very pleased with our meal. The lobster and filet mignon tasted excellent and were cooked just the way I wanted. The service is attentive yet not suffocating. Everything about the place is classic.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014We celebrated a special occasion last Sunday night at Gothams. Everything was perfect-the atmosphere, the food and our server was exceptional. It's definitely our new favorite place to dine in Vancouver!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dodlewisDined on 9/14/2014been many times food is good although pricey, service was good except had to pour our wine a few timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor diningJoeyDined on 9/14/2014The outdoor patio was a lovely spot to enjoy dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak as it should beNadiaDined on 9/12/2014Great night out with the girls, food, wine ,service,all fantastic.Special Features:
- Food is OKThomasBDined on 9/8/2014Steaks were OK not great. The service was good could have been better, The price was high for what was received.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FitfoodieDined on 9/5/2014I've had better service at McDonald's. The waiter was uninterested in our table all evening. The crabcakes were delicious!
- Excellent for special occasionHewdinVIPDined on 8/27/2014Very nice for special occasion. Food was good and service was not bad.Special Features:
- Good but priceyWannabeeeeeDined on 8/26/2014For the price, I have been to many 5 star restaurants that don't penny pinch for the sides. I find that as a cheap way to overcharge for already expensive entrees. But, order carbonated water, and it is bottomless, strange. Great service, wonderful ambiance.Special Features:
- hotshotDined on 8/23/2014The experience was average as the service was slow.Special Features:
- Good thing we weren't in a hurry...BLStyleCoachDined on 8/22/2014The food and ambience were great, but the server was not very attentive. The service was incredibly slow all night. We arrived for dinner at 6:30 and didn't get out of there until after 11pm, simply because our server was not in a hurry to take our orders or get us our drinks. He was knowledge and friendly, but very slow. I like to take my time when, but that was ridiculous. For the amount of money you spend there, you would hope it wouldn't take 15 min to get a glass of champagne, especially when you're wanting to enjoy it with the seafood tower. I'll be back, just hope it doesn't take as long next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grandparents date night!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014we sent my parents to Gotham's for their 55th anniversary.. Just the two of them on a date night! They had an awesome time and loved the food and atmosphere..
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Loved the restaurant! We were really happy with the service and how we were treated. The food was amazing and made me happy. We could not have picked a better spot to eat and enjoy our food. Thank you so much for making our dining experience wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Steak!howwDined on 8/18/2014We went there for our anniversary and it did not disappoint! Our waiter Dave was an awesome and friendly guy, he recommended a wine for us base on great taste instead of the price which was really appreciated since we don't know much about wine. The food and steak were amazing, could definitely go back again!Special Features:
- Great food!AnniversaryDined on 8/18/2014We went here for our anniversary dinner and were pleasantly pleased with the food. The steak was incredible and the sides were large and great to share. The service was wonderful and we'd be happy to return again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, great service!sgoughieDined on 8/14/2014Went to Gotham last night for a Birthday dinner with my wife. Fantastic service from our server Luca as well as amazing food. I had the bone-in Ribeye and it was just sensational! Food was great, service was top notch. Totally recommend for a special occasion dinner or just any dinner really!Special Features: