615 Seymour St.
Vancouver, BC V6B 2K3Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gothamsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6046058282
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday - Friday 11:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jean Claude Douguet
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Gotham's sexy lounge plays host to a beautiful baby grand piano, with live music Thursday through Sunday. It's the perfect, cozy spot for quiet cocktails, or a livelier group get together.
A word from Gotham Steakhouse
An American style steakhouse and cocktail bar featuring tender steaks and stiff drinks. Gotham features soaring ceilings, sumptuous leather and velvet upholstery, private dining rooms, an award-winning wine list and exceptional service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Gotham Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Gotham Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (98)romantic (67)notable wine list (62)fit for foodies (53)great for outdoor dining (36)good for groups (34)great for lunch (21)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Outstanding!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014We celebrated a special occasion last Sunday night at Gothams. Everything was perfect-the atmosphere, the food and our server was exceptional. It's definitely our new favorite place to dine in Vancouver!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014been many times food is good although pricey, service was good except had to pour our wine a few timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor diningJoeyDined on 9/14/2014The outdoor patio was a lovely spot to enjoy dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak as it should beNadiaDined on 9/12/2014Great night out with the girls, food, wine ,service,all fantastic.Special Features:
- Food is OKThomasBDined on 9/8/2014Steaks were OK not great. The service was good could have been better, The price was high for what was received.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FitfoodieDined on 9/5/2014I've had better service at McDonald's. The waiter was uninterested in our table all evening. The crabcakes were delicious!
- Excellent for special occasionHewdinVIPDined on 8/27/2014Very nice for special occasion. Food was good and service was not bad.Special Features:
- Good but priceyWannabeeeeeDined on 8/26/2014For the price, I have been to many 5 star restaurants that don't penny pinch for the sides. I find that as a cheap way to overcharge for already expensive entrees. But, order carbonated water, and it is bottomless, strange. Great service, wonderful ambiance.Special Features:
- hotshotDined on 8/23/2014The experience was average as the service was slow.Special Features:
- Grandparents date night!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014we sent my parents to Gotham's for their 55th anniversary.. Just the two of them on a date night! They had an awesome time and loved the food and atmosphere..
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Loved the restaurant! We were really happy with the service and how we were treated. The food was amazing and made me happy. We could not have picked a better spot to eat and enjoy our food. Thank you so much for making our dining experience wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Steak!howwDined on 8/18/2014We went there for our anniversary and it did not disappoint! Our waiter Dave was an awesome and friendly guy, he recommended a wine for us base on great taste instead of the price which was really appreciated since we don't know much about wine. The food and steak were amazing, could definitely go back again!Special Features:
- Great food!AnniversaryDined on 8/18/2014We went here for our anniversary dinner and were pleasantly pleased with the food. The steak was incredible and the sides were large and great to share. The service was wonderful and we'd be happy to return again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, great service!sgoughieDined on 8/14/2014Went to Gotham last night for a Birthday dinner with my wife. Fantastic service from our server Luca as well as amazing food. I had the bone-in Ribeye and it was just sensational! Food was great, service was top notch. Totally recommend for a special occasion dinner or just any dinner really!Special Features:
- Not a good experienceDisappointedDined on 8/14/2014We had a 12 o'clock reservation for lunch, the food arrived more than an hour later, wine took at least 20minutes, we got some water, and then half an hour later they brought some bread (not that interesting, big lump of white sourdough bread?). The waitress did not offer any explanations for the delay. Caesar salad was tasty, but the steak tatar, which I ordered since Gotham's is a steak house, was bland, smelled "strange", not as fresh as I would like it to and definitely seemed under seasoned, lacked the steak tatar reputation, creamy finish as if it was hiding something. Two anchovies on top have seen better days, they were dark, obviously oxidized, and dry. Shrimp salad sandwich was ok and the lobster salad was ok.Special Features:
- sfpegasusDined on 8/10/2014Best steak in vancouver. Ask for Colby. A night to remember.Special Features:
- DeliciousLucy54VIPDined on 8/8/2014This is a wonderful restaurant. The ambience is lovely and service is top notch. The steaks are very flavourful. Next time I will order a medium steak, their medium rare was a bit too rare for my liking but they did everything to make me happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall was fantasticJaycerDined on 8/5/2014Amazing steaks, service, ambiance. Came here with my girlfriend during my last day in Vancouver (her city) and had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over done steaksnlh330Dined on 8/3/2014We ordered two of the Porterhouse (medium and medium rare) and one of the Filet Mignon (medium). The Porterhouses came out medium and well done; did not have much flavour. Creamed spinach and sauteed beets were not particularly tasty.Special Features:
- As usualRegularspotDined on 8/2/2014Great steaks for a great large group meal. Was a bit noisy, but expected itSpecial Features:
- Great steak and crab!DigitaldocDined on 7/28/2014I took my dad out for dinner here. We had steak and added crab legs. The steak was cooked exactly as we requested and the crab legs had their shell mostly removed for perfectly easy eating. My dad is from Texas and does a very good steak himself, but he admitted that he didn't think he could have done it any better himself. High praise!Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2014We had a lovely anniversary dinner at Gotham Steakhouse. Our steaks were of great quality and cooked to perfection. The service was outstanding with a great personal touch. Loved the experience.Special Features:
- absolutely great food was perfectTinabeanluv2dineDined on 7/26/2014A must try for the steak and lobster Also the salmon was the best I ever hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant Steakhousespecemarine12Dined on 7/25/2014First time that we have dined on a very busy and full Friday night. Excellent quality and well prepared steak and side dishes that was enjoyed by all of us. It seemed very hectic but vibrant due to being seated close and centred near the open Kitchen area and upper stair case. We were ok with it but I can imagine other diners not liking the location. We enjoyed the experience overall for a very busy Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakJaynethepainDined on 7/24/2014Marvelous steak for both of us, juicy, tender and full of flavour. Quite possibly the best we've had and great service too!
- excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014loved the oysters, beef tomatoes with gorgonzola cheese and the key lime pie - very good for somewhere out of florida! excellent service. great ambiance will definitely try to come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Meal at Gotham!CathDined on 7/23/2014Met a colleague for drinks in bar in the afternoon, did a little shopping, then met my husband back in the dining room for dinner. In the bar, drinks were good and great service, but as we were having martinis, would have preferred the glasses to have been frozen. Dinner was, as usual, delicious. By far, our family's favourite dining spot. We usually dine at Gotham, on average, once a month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrateSymphony1Dined on 7/19/2014We had a delicious dinner with equally notable cocktails. The Carpaccio was extra ordinary in flavour and texture, the rib stake was grilled right but crab legs were King! Cocktails were prepared in true mixology fashion and the Oregon Pino paired perfectly. Attentive, helpful staff rolled the evening allong to the piano mans songs of romance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1viennabearDined on 7/11/2014great food great wines my favorite place for dinnerSpecial Features:
- Perfect MealFit4foodVIPDined on 7/10/2014We ordered the bone in rib steak, pork chop, fried chicken, creamed spinach, sautéed mushrooms, mashed potatoes and key lime pie. All delicious food (every single bite) was paired with absolutely wonderful service throughout the evening from Craig resulting in the perfect meal for our special celebration. So glad we decided on Gotham!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak HeavenHellosteakDined on 7/4/2014It was a beautiful restaurant where we were welcomed by lovely hosts. Our server was knowledgable and courteous. The food was absolutely amazing. They took into consideration my food intolerances and made helpful changes and substitutes. There was even something on the dessert menu that was gluten free and dairy free. Overall my taste buds were tantalized and well satisfied. I feel like I had died and gone to steak heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow's every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Every time I have dined at Gotham the experience has been incredible. I reccommend this restaurant to all my friends who are visiting the greater Vancouver area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Killer steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/29/2014We took our two boys to Gotham to celebrate our youngest's graduation from high school. We were there a number of years ago, and for some resin, we remember it being a better experience than this time. It was a Sunday night versus a Saturday and the restaurant was relatively empty, so the atmosphere was not as lively. Overall, though, a good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal Steak!Watsie69VIPDined on 6/28/2014All of the food we had was amazing. Classic Lobster bisque very well done. Mouth watering steak. Creamed corn side was excellent as were the hash brown rounds. Key lime pie for dessert! light but wonderful.Special Features:
- Lovely dining experienceCharmyDined on 6/28/2014I celebrated my 30th birthday here! The service was excellent. The staff were friendly, patient and knowledgeable and were willing to accommodate a few changes to my reservation without any problem. They were also able to cater to some of the specific dietary needs of one of my party with his order. The steak I had was delectable and is definitely something I will be going back to have again! Finally the dessert was hand decorated with "Happy Birthday", complete with a candle. It was an unforgettable outing. Thank you Gotham Steakhouse!Special Features:
- Come here only if you like steakcrossoverVIPDined on 6/27/2014While their menu offers other food options such as seafood and chicken, the only outstanding dish to me is their steaks (it is a steakhouse afterall). We ordered the lobster bisque and the tossed green salad as appetizers. Both were average (and thankfully not overpriced). The filet mignon and the bone-in rib steak were fantastic!! Juicy, tender, flavourful and totally justified prices. Our server was friendly and attentive. He recommended a fabulous Merlot to accompany our meal (I later found out the wine is made in limited quantity and it's very hard to find). We were seated on the second floor which i think it's cozier and more romantic. We will return for other special occasionsSpecial Features:
- Little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014The food was good but not special enough to warrant the price and the room we were in to the left of the entrance was lacking any atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Still good the second timekaleemaDined on 6/24/2014The key lime pie was amazing although I wasn't the one to have it. Worth going back for though. The service was wonderful. Still a gorgeous place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerLindseyDined on 6/22/2014The food was good but not fantastic. I certainly expect more when my husband and I spend about $300 on a meal that included a few drinks but no bottle of wine. The steaks were slightly overcooked. As far as restaurants in this price point, we won't be going back. On a positive note the service was efficient and friendly.
- Have the lamb12344321Dined on 6/20/2014Amazing food, spectacular service...just can't be put into words, check it out for yourselfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.