2515 N California Ave
Chicago, IL 60647Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gosuchicago.com/#
- Phone: (773) 276-7330
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday - Sunday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Asian, Korean, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Korean and / or Japanese Catering available upon request.
A word from Gosu
In Korean, Gosu is a term to describe one with superior or exceptional skill. It is a word that can describe a person in anything ranging from video games to martial arts. And as the name suggest, the restaurant’s chef and owner, Bang, is a gosu of Korean and Japanese food. Please come in and delight in the flavor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gosu reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Gosu is IncredibleSBKJVIPDined on 9/19/2014This neighborhood spot serves incredible Korean and Japanese food with really inventive and delicious sushi offerings.Special Features:
- Not best food, phenomenal serviceUpstateNYfoodieDined on 8/29/2014I would recommend Gosu on the service alone. Our waiter was helpful, attentive and friendly without ever crossing that threshold into noticeable over-serving. The food came quickly the whole night. The fact was, the entree wasn't the best I've had. We had a sushi platter, and the nigiri was a little strange tasting with an unprecedented amount of wasabi between the fish and the rice. The appetizers, however (my boyfriend got a vegetable lettuce wrap while I ordered gyoza) were delicious. It might not wow any real sushi snobs, but it was an enjoyable meal for a reasonable price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Birthday dinner!YellinamicDined on 8/16/2014I was with a group of 12 people. The food was as spectacular as the service! Enough said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 7 reviews are from the Gosu reviews archive.
- saranne0113VIPDined on 4/29/2014It has a huge menu, almost to the point of being overwhelming. We had mostly sushi, but the cooked items were definitely better. The chicken lettuce wraps were great. Our waiter was wonderful and the place is cute.Special Features:
- Friendly and accomodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014I showed up 15 minutes late to my reservation and they did not hesitate to show me to my seat as if I arrived early. The servers are great and giving you the attention you deserve.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad food rude serviceBadValentinesDined on 2/14/2014After so-so appetizers my short rib was short of anything appetizing! I had to ask for a knife and a fork to cut the hockey puck....I mean short rib. I could barely finish the rubbery piece in my mouth. The texture was terrible but the taste was as well! After waiting 15 minutes to flag down the waiter to tell him about my meal I politely didn't want to eat. I just wanted it off of my bill. He came back telling me "it wasn't rubbery" and that's how "it's supposed to be" I was offended by his remarks and when he came back for the payment of bill (which I tipped him too generously) I told him besides the texture it didn't taste good! He then gave us another rude comment and told us to come back again.....no thanks!
- Great for Gluten FreetsussmanVIPDined on 1/23/2014Gosu has a big menu and the food is very tasty. The wait staff is knowledgeable about gluten allergies and they work with you to mae something delicious. The korean entrees are very good and the sushi is creative and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We escaped the bustle of overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2013We escaped the bustle of overpriced New Year's Eve with this lovely little gem of a restaurant. Great service. Good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be backElMarDined on 10/26/2013Deep menu includes Japanese and Korean selections. Went with bul go gi and it did not disappoint. The Korean pickled veggies served with main course wee delicious. I will go back for more of those.Special Features:
- Good food, decent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/22/2013Food was pretty good--just ordered way too much. Had the Godzilla, Rambo, Spicy Lobster Roll, & Crunch Spicy Tuna. Food was great although the rolls are a little on the pricey side (most are ~$15). They turned the Hawks game on at our request and were very attentive when we needed something. When the waiter noticed we weren't going to finish everything he came by and gave his recommendation for which rolls kept the best which was very helpful since we did take some home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.