Gordon Ramsay at the London
151 West 54th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $50 and over
Gordon Ramsay at the London
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thelondonnyc.com/gordonRamsay/gordonRamsayattheLondon/default-en.html
- Phone: 2124688888x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Michael Wurster
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: When you want to leave an impression, Private Events by the incomparable culinary team of Gordon Ramsay, offer an exquisite experience with the same attention to detail and stylish presentation as fine dining. From passed hors d'oeuvres to multi-course menus, your celebration is certain to be customized and elegant - exceeding expectations with every taste.
A word from Gordon Ramsay at the London
Experience luxurious fine dining created by Michelin starred chef Gordon Ramsay set within The London NYC. Serving French inspired cuisine with impeccable sophistication, this unforgettable backdrop has been custom designed by innovator David Collins. The intimate and elegant ambiance is ideal for any special moment or occasion. With only 45 seats, guests savor innovative cuisine from the culinary team of Gordon Ramsay complimented by an unprecedented wine list. Gordon Ramsay at The London has been consistently awarded two stars from the prestigious Michelin guide. Fortunate guests have preferential access to the inner sanctum of this multi-million dollar kitchen when reserving the exclusive Chef's Table which seats up to eight guests for a eight course tasting menu and wine pairing. Gordon Ramsay at The London redefines the ultimate culinary experience. Jackets preferred; jeans, sneakers and sportswear are prohibited.Continued
Reservations are accepted up to three (3) months prior.
Reservations are accepted up to three (3) months prior.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary French
Gordon Ramsay at the London - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Gordon Ramsay at the London reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (76)romantic (61)notable wine list (51)fit for foodies (48)hot spot (6)good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- an excellent eveningAnExpatWifeDined on 9/17/2014I waited in the bar area to meet my husband and enjoyed people watching over a gin (Gordon's of course!) and tonic. I am a big Gordon Ramsay fan and so I am always excited to be able to visit any of his restaurants when I am anywhere nearby. The new Hong Kong one is on my radar for our next trip to Asia !! There is not enough space here to write my review but you can read it here. http://www.anexpatwife.com/the-restaurant-blog/gordon-ramsay-the-london-new-york-citySpecial Features:
- Very charmingSsg76Dined on 9/13/2014This was perfect for our anniversary dinner. This is somewhere we normally wouldn't go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning eveningAnneMetteDined on 9/12/2014Everything fused together to a higher experience. the food was great, the atmosphere wonderful and the service professional. worth every penny for a connoisseur.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but expensive.... as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Went there to celebrate my wedding aniversary. In fact it has all that is expected: exquisite ambiance, very good food and refined service. So refined I felt like it is a little cold or distant from the costumer. In overall it was a memorable experience for a special ocasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulGlenMalVIPDined on 9/11/2014Superior service, competent staff and elegant dining room. Food and service are devine. I have a disease that requires special attention and the chef was magnificent in obliging my dietary requirements.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFrazlonDined on 9/6/2014We had an excellent celebration dinner here, the food, service and ambience were exactly what we wantedSpecial Features:
- I love Gordon, but not Ramsey'sfamilyfoodie25VIPDined on 8/29/2014I absolutely adore Gordon Ramsey and his food, and all I wanted for my birthday was for my boyfriend to take me to Ramsey's at the London. I've been to Maze in New York and London several times, and I've loved it, so I was really expecting an amazing experience, and boy was I disappointed! It took us 25 minutes to have our DRINK ORDER taken. The waitress was extremely unfriendly and unhelpful, as was the rest of the staff. Even after my boyfriend reminded them that it was a special occasion, the service did not improve. The food was good, but nothing really special. I actually preferred the food at Maze. Bottom line: Gordon you need to get over there and figure out what's going on!!!
- Slow nightMayaDined on 8/22/2014We came in at 9:30 pm on a Friday night. The place was very slow where we had expected a more busy vibe. That being said the food was excellent though not exceptional. Very pleasant staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High fine dininghappycanuckDined on 8/21/2014An incredible night! Our waiter and sommelier were beyond impressive. They made us feel so welcome. It is very expensive, but you experience so much for the price. The food, the service, the apple dessert, and the kitchen tour made it a night we'll never forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience!Wethree3Dined on 8/19/2014The food, the staff and ambience of the restaurant were amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014The food was outstanding but the service was arrogant and aloof. Too bad - when someone is paying that kind of price for a dinner it should be a much nicer dining experience. We will not return to this establishment.
- Exceeded expectationsfavRstDined on 8/16/2014I expected excellent service and food with Chef Ramsey's name behind the restaurant. I was wrong. The food was out of this world as was the service. The wife and I chose from the 3 course menu with wine paring. Every bite was an experience to remember. The price was extremely high, but I honestly understand why. We paid for perfection and received just that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExtraordinaryDiningDocVIPDined on 8/15/2014We celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary at Gordon Ramsay and the London. I cannot even begin to relate the wonderful experience we had from the fantastic food to the flawless service. Our waiter thoughtfully explained each course as the sommelier artfully described each wine. At the end we were the last to leave for the evening and our waiter graciously provided us with a tour of the kitchen and took our picture there. This may be the best meal we have ever had at a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/13/2014This is the second time we've been to this restaurant, and again, the food is outstanding! We would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!NbrownnycDined on 8/8/2014Every moment at the restaurant was perfection...the food, service, and wine! Spectacular - a night we will never forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencePinehurstFoodieDined on 8/7/2014I've been a fan of Gordon's restaurants for some time. This one reenforces my opinion that he at the very top of his profession providing both interesting and creative dishes in a welcoming, friendly atmosphere. The food was outstanding and our server went above and beyond to ensure my wife had a great birthday dinner. I would highly recommend this experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elegant and lovelyEllaVIPDined on 8/5/2014I have been here before but not realize there was the formal dining area which is so elegant, set tasting menu! It was my girl friend's birthday and it was just lovely!Special Features:
- ChicoDined on 8/2/2014wonderful evening for a special occasion as way too expensive to regulary frequent. That aside, every bite delicious and service exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the investment!TarheelgirlDined on 7/29/20143 course meal turned 7 course meal with lots of extra surprises. The wine pairings were just as fabulous as the food and well worth the cost. The experience will forever alter my perception of dining at a "nice" restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014Another amazing food adventure, this time celebrating our son's college graduation. Every aspect of our experience was divine. The staff even remembered us from when we came a few years ago. The food is just at another level...especially the pea soup. The staff is just very special.Special Features:
- Fine Dinning at it's Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014My wife and I were thrilled to be eating at a Gordon Ramsay establishment. We are big foodies, and had high expectations. The wine list was very notable with a variety of pricing. The presentation of the dishes were outstanding, and the maitre d, explained all the dishes in detail, and was very helpful in assisting my wife with her severe gluten allergy. The food being served on a silver platter was a nice extra touch of elegance but wasn't needed. I would definitely recommend this fine establishment to my friends or family looking to celebrate an anniversary or event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFoodieDined on 7/23/2014Really a once and a life time experience. Food was out of this world and to die for. Everything you would expect and more. Service was impeccable and you feel like a king. Lots of fun surprises throughout your meal. Defiantly a must do if you're in the area and willing to drop some cash for the best meal of your life.Special Features:
- Luna di mieleeledade2014Dined on 7/22/2014Siamo stati al THE LONDON in occasione del nostro viaggio di nozze e ne é valsa la pena sia perché abbiamo mangiato benissimo sia perché il servizio e la cortesia in particolarmodo di David sono stati impeccabili..Fantastica atmosfera..Special Features:
- Great dining experienceCadenceDined on 7/22/2014It was a great dining experience, and although it was advertised as a six course menu, there must of at least been 10 different tasting courses! The scallop was cooked perfectly, and the Sea Bass was a pleasure to consume. I would recommend this restaurant to any friend of mine, and it is a must visit in New York City.Special Features:
- DeceptionYummyVIPDined on 7/22/2014It's a bummer that I got snagged into the deception of Gordon Ramsay licensing his name to this over-priced, mediocre hotel lobby restaurant. They still operate within the trappings of an elite restaurant, but not one aspect of the experience delivered on the facade. I would absolutely not recommend it. It's not that anything was really bad, but nothing was really good. Yet the prices are very high. It was just a bummer for me.
- I love this restaurant!MilleDined on 7/19/2014For me this is an excellent experience. We had the 6 course dinner. Everything on the menue was exciting and well arranged. The only drawback for me is that I had to ask for another glass of wine, as my glas was left empty while the staff passed us a couple of times. Otherwise, best dinner experience I've had in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gordon Ramsay at the Londonrleigh74Dined on 7/18/2014We were completely blown away! I've owned restaurants and a bakery, the meal here was the perfect combination of a unique ingredient list and beautiful plate presentation. The staff was overwhelmingly accommodating and genuinely friendly. Cannot wait to return!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet and High Quality EveningFoodiesquaredVIPDined on 7/16/2014Given the vibe of the London, the restaurant was subdued in contrast. We had the three course tasting menu with wine pairing. The food was delicious and the pairings were really well done - complementing the dishes and bringing it all to a new level. The meal was refined and seasonal and the chef's interludes were excellent. Nice arrangement of settings at the table for two, so someone is not looking at a wall although the dining room is one large space. With no view of the kitchen or demarkating structures, it had a bit of a banquet hall feel, albeit very elegant. The service was quite good. Highly attentive but not very interactive. This was an excellent place for an intimate dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionGdinerDined on 7/12/2014Went with my wife and mother in-law to mark a special occasion. This was our second time here in the last 4 years (that's probably how long you need to save to have dinner here) but it was well worth the wait. The service was impeccable and the food was very refined, tasted great, and the chef was willing to prepare foods to adjust to our multiple allergies (milk, shellfish). The wine suggested is outstanding and even the desserts at the end are a special touch. We all selected the prestige menu which they say is about 8 courses but this doesn't include the other ten Hors d'oeuvres given in between each course, felt like it was closer to 17-18 courses so the dinner is definitely a journey so plan accordingly. Apple tart was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014The best restaurant I ate in in NYC, and I have eaten in all the Michelin starred and ZAGAT highest score restaurants.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant is getting worseAVTLVVIPDined on 7/10/2014Gordon Ramsey should cut on his TV appearances and start paying more attention to his restaurants. The restaurant was almost empty on 3 tables including ours. Service was excellent but the food was well below average and extremely disappointing for a $700 dinner. We ate there before 2 years ago and it was great....this time it was a waste of time & money.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/5/2014Dinner took way to long - guests came after us and left before us. I'm not a big eater but I left hungry. Ate at the London Gordon Ramsey's a few years ago - it was a better experience overall.Special Features:
- 100% PERFECT!!!!HANNYDined on 7/5/2014I LOVE EVERYTHING!!!!!! THE WINE WAS PERFECT!!!! THE DINNER WAS AMAZING!!!!Special Features:
- A Dining DelightVMVAtlantaVIPDined on 7/3/2014While staying at The London, we dined at Gordon Ramsay's on the Three-Course meal with Wine Flight. With Daniel's assistance in the selection, we began our meal with a glass of Champagne. His choice was wonderful! It was a most spectacular champagne. For our first course, we dined on Risotto with Shrimp, and the Scallops. The dishes were sublimely delicious. For the entree, I chose Striploin. Beautifully plated and delicious. My husband chose the Sea Bass. For his taste, he would have preferred more flavor. For dessert? Apple Tart with a perfectly prepared crust and apples baked to perfection. The meal ended on a high note with chocolates and cookies. The staff excelled at service and made the fine dining experience exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet AtmosphereBecfhlaxDined on 7/2/2014The meal was a special treat. The room was removed from the hotel bar/restaurant. We went from a buzzing New York City atmosphere to a very quiet, reserved, and secluded area. The waitstaff certainly attended to our every need. Food was well prepared. The amuse bouche was not to my taste, but the first course of risotto and scallops were cooked to perfection. For the second course, my filet was gorgeous but my husband said the sea bass was just...ok. Also, his bread was slightly burnt. Not something you would expect from a five star Gordon Ramsay restaurant. I do have to say after our meal we were treated to a tour of the kitchen. Simply amazing. I would recommend this location for the experience, however, not necessarily for the food.Special Features:
- Nice dinner!!CarttaDined on 6/26/2014Every course was nice. We couldn't able to finish the last course of sweets. Waitress was so kind to packed all the sweets into a small bag individually as take away. Just give an example, even the food it wasn't extraordinary. But the service was really outstanding. There is "NOTHING" more to complain.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT FOODDamarysDined on 6/25/2014Always awesome to dine at Gordon Ramsey's London. This is my second time dining here and I LOVE the food. Damarys VelardeSpecial Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Had the menu prestige, service was impeccable. Food was horribly disappointing, really high fat content and not much in terms of flavor otherwise
- Extremely DisappointingJRLMDined on 6/20/2014Our family party of 4 adults reserved a special evening table at 5:30pm so that we could enjoy a relaxing elegant meal before a Broadway show. The meal started off fine with starters, and my entree of scallops were good but my wife's lobster was not. It was served lukewarm on a very hot plate, with mealy texture, and bland taste. She kindly voiced her disappointment to our waiter who said he thought something was "missing" on her plate. He said he would go talk to the chef and then he never returned. This restaurant is one large room; The guy just disappeared. Much later, when the uneaten entrée was removed, and our time was short, he returned to bring us our check. Poor service, food of inconsistent quality, high prices - no thank you.
- ImpressiveChurchPoorConnoisseurDined on 6/18/2014We had the prestige menu tasting. Every bite was full of flavor. There were 8 small plates in the tasting, but over the course of a hour and a half, we got to enjoy a cornucopia of variety. Was thankful that they were not afraid of fat or salt, both proportionally worth it. There were many extra little things, too. I thought I might leave hungry, since the portions per course were so small, but the two of us left more than full. The price is outrageous, not something I could do often, but your paying for an outrageous food and service experience. With food like Ramsey's, I see why he cusses out the average restaurateur on his TV program. Lord willing (and supplying), I'll do it again someday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.