Gordon Ramsay at the London
151 West 54th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $50 and over
Gordon Ramsay at the London
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thelondonnyc.com/gordonRamsay/gordonRamsayattheLondon/default-en.html
- Phone: 2124688888x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Michael Wurster
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: When you want to leave an impression, Private Events by the incomparable culinary team of Gordon Ramsay, offer an exquisite experience with the same attention to detail and stylish presentation as fine dining. From passed hors d'oeuvres to multi-course menus, your celebration is certain to be customized and elegant - exceeding expectations with every taste.
A word from Gordon Ramsay at the London
Experience luxurious fine dining created by Michelin starred chef Gordon Ramsay set within The London NYC. Serving French inspired cuisine with impeccable sophistication, this unforgettable backdrop has been custom designed by innovator David Collins. The intimate and elegant ambiance is ideal for any special moment or occasion. With only 45 seats, guests savor innovative cuisine from the culinary team of Gordon Ramsay complimented by an unprecedented wine list. Gordon Ramsay at The London has been consistently awarded two stars from the prestigious Michelin guide. Fortunate guests have preferential access to the inner sanctum of this multi-million dollar kitchen when reserving the exclusive Chef's Table which seats up to eight guests for a eight course tasting menu and wine pairing. Gordon Ramsay at The London redefines the ultimate culinary experience. Jackets preferred; jeans, sneakers and sportswear are prohibited.Continued
Reservations are accepted up to three (3) months prior.
Reservations are accepted up to three (3) months prior.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary French
Gordon Ramsay at the London - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Gordon Ramsay at the London reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (62)romantic (53)notable wine list (42)fit for foodies (36)hot spot (6)good for groups (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- SAD TO SEE IT GOOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014The food and service were excellent! I was sad to hear it was closing after dinner service that night...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous mealukfoodiesDined on 10/10/2014On 10 Oct, my nephew and I dined at Gordon Ramsay at the London in NYC. On the day of the meal, we discovered that the restaurant would be closing down the day after our visit. We chose the Prestige Tasting Menu with the paired wines. The food was sensational. The flavours tickled the taste buds and were amazing as were the textures. The wines were simply outstanding, with generous portions. The service and staff were excellent. For the whole meal, I was in a reverie of culinary heaven, seduced by the gorgeous wines. A truly memorable meal was enjoyed and it hard to understand why this restaurant had lost its Michelin stars and was closing down. I rate this meal 10 out of 10. RIP Ramsay at the London and thanks for the memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceEnjoyFineDiningDined on 10/7/2014We were there on a Tuesday night around 8:30 pm. I made a reservation in advance and they were very flexible when I had change the time or increase the number of people. It was probably because it was a less busy time on a Tuesday night. We had 5-course tasting menu and the food was DELICIOUS!!! The meal and the experience was well worth the price. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014What a gem, given the reputation of the Star chef this restaurant definitely lives up to his name. The ambiance was fantastic, the food was great and the service was nothing short of superb! Came here for a Bday dinner, and from the start it was fantastic. The dining room was quite and personal and had great intimate lighting. The food was good, we had the tasting menu and it was definitely interesting and we left quite full. Definitely a recommended restaurant for special occasions or even just a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- turc76Dined on 10/3/2014Our first Ramsay experience (well, not technically a Ramsay restaurant, he sold it recently after being exec chef for years). It was absolutely wonderful. The service was great and the sommelier was spectacular. Pricey spot but absolutely worth every single penny. Would return in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbAnnelis51Dined on 10/1/2014Impressive, elegant, comfortable and classy environment. The food delicious,every bite was a bliss to my palette. I loved the choice of the half bottle wine selection. Service was impeccable. We were very pleased having dinner in your restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazingpvnycDined on 9/27/2014The restaurant is very upscale,the space is very spacious and the place is very quite. So you can hear what your partner say to you. The food was amazing, I expected that from Gordon Ramsay. The restaurant is expensive so we only go there for special occasion :)Special Features:
- Birthday dinner with friendsFoodSnotDined on 9/27/2014Three of us went to London to celebrate my birthday. Just like all Ramsay's restaurants, the food, service, and decor were impeccable. We decided on the three prix fixe dinner. All the food was incredible, I had the ravioli for an appettizer, the flank steak for an entree, and the apple tart for dessert. Everything was amazing. The others ordered the lobster risotto, Alaskan king crab, lamb, and fish. All incredible. We love Ramsay's restaurants and London is no exception! The only bad thing was that Gordon was not there to sing "Happy Birthday" to me...Special Features:
- robofthenorthDined on 9/23/2014its what you expect it should be. its elegent, sophisticated, the service is impeccable, the decor tasteful and the food magnificent. you pay for it, of course but you expect that. its well worth the visit, and this restaurant should set the standard you compare other restaurants to. personally, the king crab sould have been more tasty, but that is being picky. the new york duck was just superb. go there wanting to experience all that is good, and enjoy with, dont be overwhelmed by it.Special Features:
- Ordinary food, nothing special!NinnAgeDined on 9/23/2014I had expected Moore, for that price. The intentions were good but nothing was outstanding witch I had expected. No WOW!Special Features:
- Great FoodBillyVIPDined on 9/20/2014Went for special occasion and had a really good time.
- an excellent eveningAnExpatWifeVIPDined on 9/17/2014I waited in the bar area to meet my husband and enjoyed people watching over a gin (Gordon's of course!) and tonic. I am a big Gordon Ramsay fan and so I am always excited to be able to visit any of his restaurants when I am anywhere nearby. The new Hong Kong one is on my radar for our next trip to Asia !! There is not enough space here to write my review but you can read it here. http://www.anexpatwife.com/the-restaurant-blog/gordon-ramsay-the-london-new-york-citySpecial Features:
- Very charmingSsg76Dined on 9/13/2014This was perfect for our anniversary dinner. This is somewhere we normally wouldn't go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning eveningAnneMetteDined on 9/12/2014Everything fused together to a higher experience. the food was great, the atmosphere wonderful and the service professional. worth every penny for a connoisseur.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but expensive.... as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Went there to celebrate my wedding aniversary. In fact it has all that is expected: exquisite ambiance, very good food and refined service. So refined I felt like it is a little cold or distant from the costumer. In overall it was a memorable experience for a special ocasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulGlenMalVIPDined on 9/11/2014Superior service, competent staff and elegant dining room. Food and service are devine. I have a disease that requires special attention and the chef was magnificent in obliging my dietary requirements.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFrazlonDined on 9/6/2014We had an excellent celebration dinner here, the food, service and ambience were exactly what we wantedSpecial Features:
- I love Gordon, but not Ramsey'sfamilyfoodie25VIPDined on 8/29/2014I absolutely adore Gordon Ramsey and his food, and all I wanted for my birthday was for my boyfriend to take me to Ramsey's at the London. I've been to Maze in New York and London several times, and I've loved it, so I was really expecting an amazing experience, and boy was I disappointed! It took us 25 minutes to have our DRINK ORDER taken. The waitress was extremely unfriendly and unhelpful, as was the rest of the staff. Even after my boyfriend reminded them that it was a special occasion, the service did not improve. The food was good, but nothing really special. I actually preferred the food at Maze. Bottom line: Gordon you need to get over there and figure out what's going on!!!
- Slow nightMayaDined on 8/22/2014We came in at 9:30 pm on a Friday night. The place was very slow where we had expected a more busy vibe. That being said the food was excellent though not exceptional. Very pleasant staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High fine dininghappycanuckDined on 8/21/2014An incredible night! Our waiter and sommelier were beyond impressive. They made us feel so welcome. It is very expensive, but you experience so much for the price. The food, the service, the apple dessert, and the kitchen tour made it a night we'll never forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience!Wethree3Dined on 8/19/2014The food, the staff and ambience of the restaurant were amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/16/2014The food was outstanding but the service was arrogant and aloof. Too bad - when someone is paying that kind of price for a dinner it should be a much nicer dining experience. We will not return to this establishment.
- Exceeded expectationsfavRstDined on 8/16/2014I expected excellent service and food with Chef Ramsey's name behind the restaurant. I was wrong. The food was out of this world as was the service. The wife and I chose from the 3 course menu with wine paring. Every bite was an experience to remember. The price was extremely high, but I honestly understand why. We paid for perfection and received just that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExtraordinaryDiningDocVIPDined on 8/15/2014We celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary at Gordon Ramsay and the London. I cannot even begin to relate the wonderful experience we had from the fantastic food to the flawless service. Our waiter thoughtfully explained each course as the sommelier artfully described each wine. At the end we were the last to leave for the evening and our waiter graciously provided us with a tour of the kitchen and took our picture there. This may be the best meal we have ever had at a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/13/2014This is the second time we've been to this restaurant, and again, the food is outstanding! We would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!NbrownnycDined on 8/8/2014Every moment at the restaurant was perfection...the food, service, and wine! Spectacular - a night we will never forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencePinehurstFoodieDined on 8/7/2014I've been a fan of Gordon's restaurants for some time. This one reenforces my opinion that he at the very top of his profession providing both interesting and creative dishes in a welcoming, friendly atmosphere. The food was outstanding and our server went above and beyond to ensure my wife had a great birthday dinner. I would highly recommend this experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elegant and lovelyEllaVIPDined on 8/5/2014I have been here before but not realize there was the formal dining area which is so elegant, set tasting menu! It was my girl friend's birthday and it was just lovely!Special Features:
- ChicoDined on 8/2/2014wonderful evening for a special occasion as way too expensive to regulary frequent. That aside, every bite delicious and service exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the investment!TarheelgirlDined on 7/29/20143 course meal turned 7 course meal with lots of extra surprises. The wine pairings were just as fabulous as the food and well worth the cost. The experience will forever alter my perception of dining at a "nice" restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014Another amazing food adventure, this time celebrating our son's college graduation. Every aspect of our experience was divine. The staff even remembered us from when we came a few years ago. The food is just at another level...especially the pea soup. The staff is just very special.Special Features:
- Fine Dinning at it's Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014My wife and I were thrilled to be eating at a Gordon Ramsay establishment. We are big foodies, and had high expectations. The wine list was very notable with a variety of pricing. The presentation of the dishes were outstanding, and the maitre d, explained all the dishes in detail, and was very helpful in assisting my wife with her severe gluten allergy. The food being served on a silver platter was a nice extra touch of elegance but wasn't needed. I would definitely recommend this fine establishment to my friends or family looking to celebrate an anniversary or event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFoodieDined on 7/23/2014Really a once and a life time experience. Food was out of this world and to die for. Everything you would expect and more. Service was impeccable and you feel like a king. Lots of fun surprises throughout your meal. Defiantly a must do if you're in the area and willing to drop some cash for the best meal of your life.Special Features:
- Luna di mieleeledade2014Dined on 7/22/2014Siamo stati al THE LONDON in occasione del nostro viaggio di nozze e ne é valsa la pena sia perché abbiamo mangiato benissimo sia perché il servizio e la cortesia in particolarmodo di David sono stati impeccabili..Fantastica atmosfera..Special Features:
- Great dining experienceCadenceDined on 7/22/2014It was a great dining experience, and although it was advertised as a six course menu, there must of at least been 10 different tasting courses! The scallop was cooked perfectly, and the Sea Bass was a pleasure to consume. I would recommend this restaurant to any friend of mine, and it is a must visit in New York City.Special Features:
- DeceptionYummyVIPDined on 7/22/2014It's a bummer that I got snagged into the deception of Gordon Ramsay licensing his name to this over-priced, mediocre hotel lobby restaurant. They still operate within the trappings of an elite restaurant, but not one aspect of the experience delivered on the facade. I would absolutely not recommend it. It's not that anything was really bad, but nothing was really good. Yet the prices are very high. It was just a bummer for me.
- I love this restaurant!MilleDined on 7/19/2014For me this is an excellent experience. We had the 6 course dinner. Everything on the menue was exciting and well arranged. The only drawback for me is that I had to ask for another glass of wine, as my glas was left empty while the staff passed us a couple of times. Otherwise, best dinner experience I've had in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gordon Ramsay at the Londonrleigh74Dined on 7/18/2014We were completely blown away! I've owned restaurants and a bakery, the meal here was the perfect combination of a unique ingredient list and beautiful plate presentation. The staff was overwhelmingly accommodating and genuinely friendly. Cannot wait to return!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet and High Quality EveningFoodiesquaredVIPDined on 7/16/2014Given the vibe of the London, the restaurant was subdued in contrast. We had the three course tasting menu with wine pairing. The food was delicious and the pairings were really well done - complementing the dishes and bringing it all to a new level. The meal was refined and seasonal and the chef's interludes were excellent. Nice arrangement of settings at the table for two, so someone is not looking at a wall although the dining room is one large space. With no view of the kitchen or demarkating structures, it had a bit of a banquet hall feel, albeit very elegant. The service was quite good. Highly attentive but not very interactive. This was an excellent place for an intimate dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionGdinerDined on 7/12/2014Went with my wife and mother in-law to mark a special occasion. This was our second time here in the last 4 years (that's probably how long you need to save to have dinner here) but it was well worth the wait. The service was impeccable and the food was very refined, tasted great, and the chef was willing to prepare foods to adjust to our multiple allergies (milk, shellfish). The wine suggested is outstanding and even the desserts at the end are a special touch. We all selected the prestige menu which they say is about 8 courses but this doesn't include the other ten Hors d'oeuvres given in between each course, felt like it was closer to 17-18 courses so the dinner is definitely a journey so plan accordingly. Apple tart was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.