Gordon Biersch - Seattle
600 Pine St
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
BreweryPrice: $30 and under
Gordon Biersch - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gordonbiersch.com/
- Phone: 2064054205
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-11:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-12:00am
Brunch: Sa-Su 11:00am-3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Victor Martinez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Pine Street
- Public Transit: Conveniently located across the street from the Westlake Light Rail Station and Bus Tunnel.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We have 6 floors of parking for the Pacific Place Shopping center. Park underground and take the elevator up to level 4.
A word from Gordon Biersch - Seattle
Located in one of the most upscale retail environments in the Pacific Northwest, Gordon Biersch Seattle is conveniently located downtown at the Pacific Place Shopping Center. Situated steps from an 11 screen movie theater and some of the most exclusive names in high end shopping, Gordon Biersch is the perfect choice for any occasion. Our 500-seat restaurant features a working brewery, bar, atrium seating, and private and semi-private dining areas for groups and parties. Convenient to hotels, sports venues and the region"s state-of-the-art convention center, Gordon Biersch Seattle is the perfect setting for small, social gathering of friends and family or large group events numbering in the hundreds.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Gordon Biersch - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Gordon Biersch - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (12)great for lunch (11)fit for foodies (10)kid-friendly (6)special occasion (5)scenic view (4)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great spot for quick dinnerBhamReviewerVIPDined on 9/5/2014Great bite for a quick dinner. Found this place close to our hotel and had a good dinner.
- I sent it backDmilleravDined on 8/23/2014I ordered the ribeye medium. It arrived far to red for me. The wait staff fell all over themselves to fix it immediately. It is always a bit of a guess when ordering steak at a new place, how will they interpret my order? Apparently not getting it right the first time is a BIG deal here. Not only did they get me a new steak cooked to perfection, but they also insisted on giving me a free cup of beer cheese soup while I waited (fabulous). I prefer quiet places to eat, so this is not the perfect place for me. But the food and service were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicePartyof6Dined on 8/5/2014The server was good but it took forever to actually get our food. We had a 7:30!curtain, which we told the server at the start, but the foo took so long coming that we couldn't even consider desert.Special Features:
- Always enjoyabletheaterladyDined on 7/27/2014I've been to Gordon Biersch many, many times. I love to take out-of-town visitors there when showing them around Seattle. The menu provides a lot of variety and I've never been disappointed with any of my choices. I don't drink, but my companions have often sampled the beers and have been very impressed with them. I love to go there before (or after) the theater. Not only is the food and service good, but it is convenient because it is located in Pacific Place and that is where I usually park. I highly recommend Gordon Biersch to anyone who enjoys good food and good beer.Special Features:
- a spot for different appetites.snohomishclassyDined on 6/18/2014We love to catch a quick bite here before going to a show at 5th ave. The menu has a good variety of tasty dishes and their specials are very nice at reasonable prices. My husband especially likes their beers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers Day DownerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014My wife and daughter took me to Gordon Biersch for Father's Day. We've been here many times. I ordered the Gorgonzola Ribeye. Have never had a steak at GB and likely never will again. The steak was cooked fine, and the flavour was there, but a good 40% to 50% of it was fat and gristle. My server apologized and saw to getting me a satisfactory replacement. I ended up taking most of it home. My wife enjoyed her crab cakes, and my daughter was fine with her cheeseburger. The beer was great and the hefty Father's Day mug was fun. I'll be back, but will stick with the sandwiches and salads.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check your food...RaginCajunDined on 6/14/2014At Gordon Biersch, we sat next to the kitchen and noticed some "up tempo" exchanges between the management and kitchen staff as well as the manager using his hand to touch the food prior to it being delivered. I ordered a starter salad which never arrived, which wasn't that big of a deal. They did bring it after I had mentioned it and halfway through my entree. My real issue was with the hamburger I ordered for my child. I had asked specifically that it be cooked well done and after my son had a few bites we noticed it was completely raw in the middle. When I brought it to the manager's attention he was rather nonchalant. They comp'd the burger & salad and took an additional 15% off the bill. We won't be hurrying back anytime soon.
- Pre-Theatre DinnerDinnerDined on 6/13/2014We had dinner for four. Good waiter. One from our group really liked the beer tasting samples. Food was "yummy" to OK. Sorry to see they removed a former favorite bisque from the menu. Convenient location to eat before attending the 5th Avenue Theatre.Special Features:
- Best time at Gordon Biersch yet!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/6/2014A table with a view overlooking Pine St. at 7th Ave. was ideal. The steak salads my wife and I had were great. Our waitress was excellent. It was a good lead-in to our attending the theatre to see "Once".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 22 reviews are from the Gordon Biersch - Seattle reviews archive.
- GregVIPDined on 5/22/2014excellent downtown location, food, server and management. rewards program is great. menu changes frequently. beers are superbSpecial Features:
- Noise RatingMMWAVIPDined on 4/20/2014I gave it a 1 for Quiet. We ate at 5:30 on Easter. We were almost alone. So it is possible that the noise level would be higher if there were more customers present.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Family DinnerRedSoxPhilDined on 4/7/2014Visited the Pacific Place Gordon Biersch for dinner. Met family there and the service was fast, server was very polite and attentive. The food was very good and served hot. Have visited other Gordon Biersch restaurants before and this experience did not disappoint. I would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseGearbyDined on 4/6/2014Our dinner plans changed and on short notice, I was searching for a reasonably priced restaurant, close to our location, I quickly booked a reservation not knowing how busy the place would be on a Monday night. We were seated quickly and Ryan our server came over and got our drink orders. Appetizer came out quickly and food the right amount of time after the appetizer. We tried the six beer taster. Ryan knew the basics about beer and reviewed each one. Drinks were refilled timely and service was worthy of 20% tip. Burgers are large and worth the $11-$14. Well done standard pub fare. Nice alternative to Cheesecake Factory. Would go again if I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could you learn how to cook a steakTulip007Dined on 4/3/2014Went to Gordon Biersch before the theater. My husband ordered a steak medium rare and the steak came out barely warm in the middle and very rare. After sending it back twice and being told that sometimes the steaks are too thick to cook (we got a good laugh out of that) the manager did offer to take off the bill. Also the garlic mashed potatoes were very bland. The salad and hamburgers were just fine and the Tuscan chicken pasta was good. The Mediterranean chicken on the lighter side was very dried out. As to ambiance the music was so loud that I had a hard time hearing the person NEXT to me. If you want a quick lunch this place is fine but for a nice dinner I would go else where.Special Features:
- Great findPerfect4paramountDined on 3/15/2014Friends recommend Gordon B's for dinner before a show at the Paramount. Fantastic find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a showRogerDined on 3/12/2014Gordon Biersch is in the Pacific Place Mall in Seattle. The bar fronts on the Mall's upper level walkway, but the restaurant inside belies any connection to a Mall. The ambiance is great. We dined early, which may account for the low level of noise. Food was excellent. I had the Bone-in Gorgonzola Rib Eye, my wife the turkey meat loaf. And...it's a brewer after all. The beer was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our food took a very longOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/5/2014Our food took a very long time from time of order. The restaurant was NOT full, and we had a large party reservation. Other than that all was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was slowDianaDined on 3/2/2014They served 5 of us then the 6th meal came late. The restaurant servers were not on top of it at all. DianaSpecial Features:
- We booked on Open Table toluvtoeat77Dined on 2/22/2014We booked on Open Table to find out - they "needed more time for a party of 8" even though Open Table set the reservations for 7:15 - The hostess was a little annoyed we expected to sit down at that time. It kinda turned us off and decided we wouldn't be reserving this restaurant again. The waiter and manager however were VERY friendly and apologized and gave us a free dessert to make up for the confusion and slightly rude hostess staff. Definitely had a better experience once we sat down and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger ok, Cajan pasta recommendedDoubleFoodiesDined on 2/22/2014Food was just ok. I had to send back my burger because it was way over done. They were fast in replacing it, but then the bun was rock hard over-toasted. Again, they replaced it quickly. There were no other compensation discount for the inconvenience. The burger was ok tasting, but not amazing. I guess it could use more spread flavor. My husband really enjoyed his dish of cajan pasta so he recommends that.
- Disappointed!birthdaygirlDined on 2/21/2014It had been awhile since we had dined at Gordon Biersch. We really enjoyed our last visit several years ago. Things have changed. We arrived right on time for our reservations and the hosted commented that several of her reservations had not shown up at all. Since we were there on time she wanted to give us a nice booth in a quiet area. On the way to our table another waiter had the young lady seating us take us to a different table. Well let's just say being on time did not get us a great table. It was stuck in a corner, next to a cold drafty window looking at nothing. We were not impressed, our service was very slow and food was not as good as our last visit. Next time we attend the theater, I think we will dine somewhere else.Special Features:
- Lunch for 10MaryDined on 2/19/2014Service was great, food was delicious and delivered in a timely manner. Everyone was happy!Special Features:
- Our Server was horrible.DoZA69VIPDined on 2/1/2014Service was bad and it seemed as if the server was trying too kick us out.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem atop Pacific PlaceJdangeloDined on 1/17/2014What a great place to meet some out of town friends. The food was exceptional, lots of vegetarian options and the service was outstanding! Our server, and I wish I could remember her name (Res under DAngelo, 7pm 1/17) was so friendly, welcoming, warm and genuine. She really added to our experience and value we felt at the end of our time there. It's not the first time we've had great service there. Highly recommended - and a great mall as well!Special Features:
- my first timebreeDined on 1/9/2014My first time going here and it was a choice based just on menu items. I liked how there was a variety of foods, and at a reasonable price. We tried the sweet potato fries. They were good, but the sauces paired with them I didn't care for. The sweet potatoes were too sweet to then pair with a sweet sauce. Also, the bbq sauce was a lil spicy. I ordered a hamburger and it was delish! I am trying to eat healthy and less carbs, so I ordered it with lettuce instead of bun. Maybe put that as an option on your menu for other people out there like me. We also ate the dessert samples..they were good, but in the cheesecake one I would go with plain graham crackers. Seemed like there was Brown sugar or something added. I would go here again though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too amazingw2dfDined on 12/31/2013I went their for the home brewed beers. They were good, but not amazing. There isn't a good selection either (5-6 beers on the menu and standard-ish mixed drinks list). The food was good compared to typical bar food, especially their happy hour menu. However, there isn't a variety of things to choose from (it was more like chips with different toppings rather than actual different dishes to try out). Services weren't the best, but not the worst. I'd stop by during a bar hopping trip for a beer or two, but definitely won't mark it as a go-to destination.Special Features:
- Great for our group of 8WhysdaDined on 12/29/2013The restaurant was nice, accommodated our group of 8 easily, food was great and good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't returnJasonDined on 12/23/2013This is the second time in a year and both times have been less than desired. Won't return
- Kitchen staff can't readmomof4Dined on 12/23/2013We had a party of 6. The food was good, although the burgers were a bit dry if not for the condiments, but the kitchen got 3 out of the 6 orders wrong to the point we thought maybe it was someone else's order. We ended up with way too much food after they corrected it, so we had it boxed and gave it to the homeless people we met outside. The gem was the waiter; I wish I remembered his name because he was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationsJCW39Dined on 12/14/2013We got a reservation for 9 on the Open Table web site but when we got to the restaurants, on time, the host rudely told me that they did not take or make reservations during the holiday season. They did get us a nice table so all ended well, largely because we were there in late afternoon, 3:45 PM, and the restaurant was not crowded. So it seems the Open Table and Gordon Biersch Seattle are not communicating very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter Was GreatSSSSVIPDined on 11/21/2013Our waiter was great, but it took FOREVER to get our food and the restaurant wasn't even close to being busy. I would not recommend Gordon Biersch for lunch is you only have an hour. Also, the gluten-free menu is a joke. If will also be hard to find dairly-free options here. All but one of their beef dishes is marinated (most marinades have gluten in them for added thickness...lots of beer in their food too). The only meat they had that was available for me to eat was a $27.00 steak...too much for lunch! As stated before, our waiter was great.