Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - DC
900 F Street NW
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - DC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonbiersch.com/locations/washington-dc
- Phone: 2027835454x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00am;
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Abdul Bello
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: Gordon Biersch at 900 F Street features two unique private spaces and can accomodate groups of up to 60.
- Cross Street: 9th Street
- Public Transit: Located one block from the Verizon Center/Gallery Place/Gallery Place Chinatown Metro stations and three blocks from Metro Center.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Public parking facilities, street parking and valet services provided by the adjacent hotel are all available.
A word from Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - DC
At Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant, our passion is to produce and deliver to our guests the highest quality and freshest products. Our tradition of on-site brewing and food made fresh, from scratch, are the most evident examples of this passion. Our restaurant and people offer a relaxed and inviting atmosphere, attentive and friendly service, fresh food carefully and creatively prepared, specially brewed beers and other fine beverages. We feel it is this combination of elements that make a great dining experience possible. The Gordon Biersch heritage of superior beer, great food and good times are now served up fresh daily in locations stretching coast to coast. Committed to using only the freshest and finest ingredients, our restaurant showcases a passion for food with seasonal menus, daily specials and frequent changes to the regular menu. Our restaurant, located in the original Riggs Bank Building, features a unique and classic décor and an inviting atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - DC - Best Restaurants in Penn Quarter ›
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (40)good for groups (39)vibrant bar scene (27)kid-friendly (21)neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (16)great for outdoor dining (14)hot spot (14)special occasion (10)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)romantic (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Made reservations prior to attending a Caps game. Everyone liked their food, wait staff was prompt and courteous.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/16/2014Always enjoy going to Gordon Biersch--not fine dining but good and pleasant atmosphere. Great servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointingjdv21113Dined on 10/11/2014While not a complete wash-out, several lapses in service would dissuade me from returning the DC location. A very indifferent hostess "greeted" us and made it known that our 6:45 reservation could not be accommodated and indicated a 12-20 minute wait. I indicated that our party would wait at the bar; she did not offer a buzzer. After 30 minutes, I went back to the host stand to inquire about the table; the other greeter saw to it that we were seated. Our server for the evening was very good; she was distraught later in the evening when a steak order was late to the table -- eventually was served about 15 minutes after the other diners entrees arrived. The manager came by to apologize and was very generous with a desert comp.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014Has a reservation for 6:30PM and wasn't seated until 7PM. We didn't see a waiter till 7:30PM and the food didn't arrive until 8PM. 3 of the 4 of us got our meals while the 4th didn't get his until we finished. We saw the server twice during the entire night, once to deliver drinks and once to collect the check.
- Good menu for a brew pubwoodyDined on 10/9/2014This is good comfort food and some upscale dishes at reasonable prices - especially for downtown. The setting is also pretty swank with its big marble columns. The wait staff was very patient, attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- great before game .willcwellDined on 10/9/2014Always go here before a caps game. Great beer, good food, good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Great placeDCDinerDined on 10/9/2014This is my go to spot. I'm never disappointed. GB has a great atmosphere. It's lively, with a bright, open floor plan and has a variety of seating areas and options, so it's good for couples, families or large groups. Sitting at the bar for drinks or dinner is also enjoyable. Their menu has something for everyone and while very reasonable in price, the presentation is high class!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Broad MenuWRoegeDined on 10/7/2014We had a group for lunch. We were seated right away and the service was very attentive all through the meal. We were not rushed. The menu has something for everyone and every dish was tasty and fresh. Great place to get out and eat without breaking the bank.Special Features:
- Frozen entreeDisappointedVIPDined on 10/3/2014Usually, the food is great. But this time my wife's salad arrived with tuna that was frozen solid. And the replacement salad was so-so (was supposed to NOT have bacon on it, yet it came with bacon. Unfortunately, the other two entrees for our party were also so-so instead of the usual great food I expect. I hope this was a one-time situation, but as of now, my wife has no intention of returning.Special Features:
- Grab a drink/dine & go to ballgameBobKatDined on 9/24/2014We stopped here for dinner and a beer. Fast, friendly service, with good prices. Convenient to the MetroRail to head on down to the Nats Stadium. Join their frequent diner club!Special Features:
- Will definitely be backSpecialKVIPDined on 9/24/2014A colleague and I made a last minute reservation here and were well accommodated. The staff was friendly and fun, contributing to the overall comfortable lunch atmosphere. The drinks were great and the food was good. My colleague had the fish n chips and mentioned that they went pretty hard on the batter, but otherwise we enjoyed our meals. I had the cajun chicken... no notable complaints. We had a comfortable booth near a window, which was a great way to people watch while remaining off the main path of incomers and outgoers. Overall a very good place for a weekday lunch and I'm sure we'll each return.Special Features:
- Great food and beerCamilleDined on 9/19/2014Gordon Biersch Brewery was the perfect stop for our party of four. We were looking for a casual restaurant with good food and moderate prices. The food was very good. Everyone who ordered beer enjoyed it very much. We actually returned the next day for more beer!Special Features:
- Great Food! Who knew?CaltagVIPDined on 9/17/2014We came for Oktoberfest and, as expected, the beer, sausages, and pretzels were excellent. I forgot my credit card and went back to pick it up two nights later and had dinner off the regular menu. The German burger my wife had was fantastic, and the crab and lobster melt appetizer I got as a meal was one of the best things I have ever eaten. I had no clue the food was so good in this beer joint.Special Features:
- Dissapointing!jacquiVIPDined on 9/17/2014I would not recommend this restaurant. I have dined there previously and it was very tasty. Yesterday was very disappointing! The menu changed. I had a hard time finding a vegetarian option. The food was extremely bland. My friend's order was wrong (it was corrected when we brought it to the server's attention). My salad was all iceberg lettuce (even though the menu described a variety of lettuce). Things were just plain and bland. I won't go back.
- experience could have been betterkakes17Dined on 9/14/2014food was great, EXCEPT for my daughter's burger. ordered medium, received a burger beyond well done. waiter never returned to check on our meal. finally had to flag down another server to request our server return to the table. even then, took our server some time to come back to us; the rest of us had already finished our meal. not going to blame the chef; server could have placed order incorrectly AND server should have come back shortly after serving to check if everything was ok. the other meals served were totally delish!!!Special Features:
- Just okayJenn26Dined on 9/13/2014I had heard great things so I was looking forward to dinner but it was nothing amazing. The restaurant is beautiful but we were stuck under the mezzanine level catwalk/stairs - even with a reservation - so we didn't get to enjoy the scenery or ambiance. I had the hefeweizen & it wasn't very good. I drank orbit I wouldn't get it again. The farmhouse burger was tasty. I think I'd give them a higher rating if our table hadn't been so terrible. We should've asked to be moved so that was our fault.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brutal experienceBrutalVIPDined on 8/31/2014Excited when we walked in to Gordon Biersch. Fun atmosphere & nice buzz. Our enthusiasm went away quickly. The service was brutal. Our waiter - trying to pull off a Stifler imitation with his no care attitude - was clueless about the menu and, frankly, EVERYTHING to do with being a server. Had to ask to have the table wiped off from the previous diners as well as for silverware, napkins, side plates and water. Apprarently, everything is ala carte here. The food was nothing short of terrible. Burgers dry & shriveled. All the stuff we ordered had seemingly died under a heat lamp before it got to our table. An all around lousy experience.
- Delicious CrabcakesHisLoveEvangDined on 8/26/2014Your seafood was fresh and filling. I love the crab cakes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to meet for lunchAmeliaDined on 8/25/2014I always choose this as a meeting spot for lunch in downtown DC. Nice friendly staff, great menu selections and pretty environment. Perfect!Special Features:
- Mediocre Brew PubDaveyVIPDined on 8/23/2014For some reason I was expecting craft beers and upscale gastro-pub food. The beer was decent but nothing special and the food was very ordinary pub grub. Partner ordered the fish & chips which seemed safe choice but after one bite opted not to eat it. They did the right thing and took it off the check. My steak was decent and cooked properly, the derive was pleasant and efficient. I did like the setting, decor and location. I would suggest this place for the tourists looking for a place to re-fule or hang out between sight seeing.Special Features:
- Love those garlic friesTastyTooDined on 8/22/2014I heard a lot about the famous garlic fries and I was not disappointed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!!Nicole12345Dined on 8/20/2014This is a bar and brewery that's great do grabbing a drink or two and one of the few places in DC that stays open late. My friend and I had a great time. The food and atmosphere was inviting. It's definitely a place I will continue to frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Didn't get to eat there. Made reservation at GB at 1st and M street in DC but they don't take reservations so you automatically gave me a reservation at a GB blocks away. Ate somewhere else Finally got table at GB at 9:30 PM. Waited 45 minutes for a cup of coffee. Was never waited on. open Table and Gordon Biersch suck.
- Has ImprovedWillieVIPDined on 8/9/2014We've been to GB many times over the years. The past two times we've been recently, the food has really been outstanding. The filet medallions on this visit were excellent (although the server indicated that "they're not like what the menu says"). Excellent mashed potatoes. The clincher though the last two visits has been the apple bread pudding dessert. The serving is HUGE - plenty for two to share and is one of the best bread puddings I've had anywhere. Save room for it. Service can still be a bit spotty with empty drink glasses and disappearing servers at times. Love the old bank building architecture although it can be very noisy with all the hard surfaces. If you haven't been to GB lately, try it. It has definitely improved.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast and tasty lunchDCDinerVIPDined on 8/7/2014I came here for lunch and was very happy with my experience. The veggie burger was very tasty and the service was great. I will come back.Special Features:
- Always tasty, interesting foodSPALVIPDined on 8/2/2014Great service and attention to diners! Although it's a chain, we always like going to GB for its interesting food that is prepared with care and attention. I had the Miso Mahi with kale quinoa salad, which was delicious. My husband had the Cajun Pasta which he has had before and likes a lot. There's always something even a picky eater can find to eat. I've never had a bad or mediocre dish there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- trip to D.C.luvdcDined on 8/1/2014We have gone to Gordan Biersch at home in Las Vegas. The atmosphere was great. Felt like home. Everyone was great. Our waiter could not have made it more enjoyable. I would tell everyone who visits D.C. to go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlahMobymotoDined on 8/1/2014The service was good, but the food was not worth it. My garlic fries arrived cold, and the server promptly replaced them with another plate of cold fries.
- Great Lunch with good friendstanthemanDined on 7/29/2014I've been going to GB in DC for YEARS! I'm a regular. Mostly lunches, some dinners (before a play, before a hockey or BB game @ Verizon Center). I've had mostly great experiences there . Last Tues., Ernesto, our Server, made it a highly successful lunch. I'm very high maintenance. Ernesto handled me very easily! Took all my special requests, variations, substitutes, quirks, etc., & took care of every last one! I was & still am very impressed. I wish all my Servers were as good as Ernesto! Keep up the great work! Also, Mr. Rice stopped by to say Hello & ensure all was good.Special Features:
- Convenient but that's about ittartegninVIPDined on 7/26/2014We were in downtown siteseeing with out of town friends, and this branch of the restaurant was in the right place at the right time. We have had decent experiences at this and other branches into he past, but my husband and I had the same reaction this time - not really worth going again. The place was clean but felt dirty, and the food was ok, but not great, and the prices are a bit cheeky for what you get. The beer is good, though :)
- Decent for the most partkejedinerVIPDined on 7/24/2014Great place to have a quick, informal business lunch. The garlic fries are superb when they're hot - most of the time they're only moderately warm when you get them. I ordered the asparagus side dish (not too many good options for vegans other than a salad with no cheese or a veggie burger) and it was over cooked - quite a bit of charring but still reasonably edible and a side luke-warm of garlic fries. The server was nice but it took a while to get our food. She was on the floor servicing customers and she was attentive so it's not like she disappeared. I'd say the areas to improve are to get food out faster and hotter and offer something better for vegans other than a veggie burger (many contain eggs). I enjoy GB and will return.Special Features:
- Great food...classydinerDined on 7/23/2014This wasn't my first visit to the restaurant. Each visit is always enjoyable. The menu has many delicious items to choose from. Love love love the garlic fries. The atmosphere and ambiance is great. Noise level, well to loud for me because the music volume is too high. It makes people talk too loud like you're competing with the music so you can be heard by your friends. But I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, service was okay.MASHVIPDined on 7/9/2014Service was okay because the server we had was not knowledgable about the menu because she was new. She was also slow, but again, I think becasue she was new. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so greatluv2eatDined on 7/5/2014Brought our out-of-town guests to this location as a special night out. Our server was terrible, slow and non-existent after the food was delivered. The plates were hot but the food was luke warm. Our beer took over 10 mins to be delivered to the table and the server never came back for additional drink orders. We ordered a couple mini desserts and the waiter described them as much larger portions then they were. The cheesecake in particular was terrible and had no taste.Special Features:
- Good FoodHawaiianFoodFanaticDined on 7/4/2014Quick service. Excellent menu selection. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealWillieVIPDined on 7/4/2014Food was much better than on recent previous visits. Had the Kobe mushroom swiss burger which was outstanding. Friend had the veggie burger which was also rated excellent. GB can be very noisy due to the interior surfaces so request a quiet table if you want to carry on a normal conversation. Service was excellent and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Californiaburger!HungryVIPDined on 7/1/2014TheCalifornia burger is terrific ! Also liked bratwurst appetizer, on great pretzel rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy, but quick serviceBarbaraDined on 6/25/2014We were late and needed to make a curtain at a nearby theater -- the waitress was very understanding, and made sure we were on time. However, it's very noisy.
- The following 1139 reviews are from the Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - DC reviews archive.
- Brilliant concept and executionPreferLaBergerieDined on 6/21/2014An utter delight! The food is brilliant, the wait staffer was attentive, energetic, knowledgeable, and overwhelmed us with her perfect yet unobtrusive service.Special Features:
- Good food, convenient locationjaredDined on 6/20/2014This is our usual go-to dinner place when seeing a show or game at the Verizon Center. The service is usually quick, if not overly friendly. Food is decent and the menu has enough options for everyone. I wouldn't choose this as a romantic night-out, but better for a group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.