Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - San Diego
5010 Mission Center Road
San Diego, CA 92108Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - San Diego
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonbierschrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (619) 688-1120
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4;00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, International
- Executive Chef: Stephen La Fountain
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music every Friday night (8pm-11pm) on our Beer Garden. The bands we book range from reggae to rock 'n roll. On Saturday night's on the Beer Garden we have a DJ from 8pm-11pm.
A word from Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - San Diego
At Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurants, our passion is to produce and deliver to our guests the highest quality and freshest products. Our tradition of on-site brewing and food made fresh, from scratch, are the most evident examples of this passion. Located in the heart of Mission Valley our restaurant and people offer a relaxed and inviting atmosphere, attentive and friendly service, fresh food carefully and creatively prepared, specially brewed beers and other fine beverages.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - San Diego - Best Restaurants in Mission Valley ›
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - San Diego reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (21)great for lunch (13)vibrant bar scene (12)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (7)great for brunch (6)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (6)late-night find (5)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great BurgerFeinschmeckerVIPDined on 11/11/2014The Kobe-"style" burger was perfect, lettuce was fresh, and condiments too. The service was less than desirable. At the end I was overcharged by 50% due to a clerical error. It took 20 minutes to fix it. No apologies. There are other places nearby that deserve a chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Food was just ok...nothing special a bit pricey for what you get....beers were also just ok....service and atmosphere was greatSpecial Features:
- Server service BADAV1006Dined on 10/16/2014Server only came to the table to take drink orders, food orders, and was not seen until the end to give us the check. Someone in my party ordered a salad, asked for it and the server asked him if he wanted off the check, instead of bringing it out! Awful service! Will not be returning!Special Features:
- great food & servicemickDined on 10/13/2014enjoyed everything we were served. nice size servings on the happy hour menu. sweet potato fries are best i have had. really nice server.Special Features:
- Horrible Experience & ManagementOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We were at the restaurant for my 30th birthday. There was another party sitting near our table of approximately 30 woman, also there for a birthday celebration. They sang happy birthday to their friend. My table decided to do the same. After my friends sang to me, this somehow "enraged" the 30 table of angry black women. Up to 5 women approached our table and began yelling, cursing and wanting to fight, while the other women yelled at us from their table. The manager and security came over to intervene and had the nerve to ask our table to leave. Not once did anyone in our party get up from our seats to engage the angry mob. We decided to leave as the night was ruined. The manager refused to escort us outside and left us to fend on our own
- Great dinnerMadrosaDined on 9/11/2014This has always been a great spot for food. They have great beer and great food. What else can you ask for?Special Features:
- Great food and serviceseanc623VIPDined on 9/10/2014Food and service are always great here. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Great Gordon BierschChrisVIPDined on 8/30/2014One of the nicest Gordon Biersch restaurants we have visited. Very friendly and attentive staff and great layout. We were 9 people an easily accommodated for dinner.Special Features:
- Great hot wings and salad!JenSVIPDined on 8/23/2014Fun place to grab beer and good food. Valet parking is very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DM Foodiedmfoodie1VIPDined on 8/17/2014We were a party of 8 celebrating my son's birthday. Our server Ashley was wonderful with attention to detail. We had a nice birthday celebration. Food was excellent especially mac and lobster.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014Went for brunch. Had a crab cake omelet which was very good and flavorful. Son had a kobe burger which he said was very good. He went quickly through their garlic fries. Unfortunately server was not very attentive. Only checked once to see how we were doing and to refill drinks. Took 15 minutes to for him to see we were done eating. Not the usual service we have been accustomed to with Gordon Biersch.Special Features:
- LynneButterflykissesDined on 8/7/2014I wanted a nice place to take hubby for his new promotion dinner. Reservations were easy to get online and from there the experience got even better. McKenzie was a fabulous waitress and we had an exhilarating time. I intend to come back for a happy hour and dinner. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch Bloody Mary BarExceedExpectationDined on 8/3/2014You can make your own Bloody Mary. For $5 you get to call your Vodka. They bring you a glass with ice and vodka, you go to the bar and add the juice, fruit, veggies and spices.Special Features:
- Great place to meet friendsCircuitlineVIPDined on 7/31/2014The food was good the service was attentive. Go a little early for diner and beat the rush. Have a nice time with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 63 reviews are from the Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - San Diego reviews archive.
- New Menu changesFitFoodieVIPDined on 7/28/2014I am a Gordon Biersch Passport rewards member, so I do frequent their various concepts regulary, but it has been at least 6 months since my last visit, and the menu has definitely changed! While some of the old items are still on the menu my friend and I opted for some of the newer items, both of which, as well as the appetizer were lackluster. Overall, however, I love the concept, and the drinks are always great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer and great foodpsycloppsDined on 6/15/2014I am not a huge fan of beer, but I can always enjoy a glass here. They do not skimp on the food either, the fish tacos and the chicken stir fry are some of my favorites. They have both dining and bar seating with the two area separated to eliminate distractions between the two. This one is conveniently located in Mission Valley near lots of shopping.Special Features:
- North meets Southouttolunch101Dined on 6/15/2014Great location in Mission Valley area of San Diego. We enjoyed meeting up with family from the north at this central location. We were seated promptly and had plenty of space at our table. The menu offers so many delicious choices; especially enjoyed the garlic seasoned French fries and the Fish and chips. A fun, upbeat place for a small or larger group. This choice made our Father's Day Sunday outing a treat for everyone. Thanks to the great, attentive wait staff.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014Perfect place for father's day brunch. Not crowded good food, good serviceSpecial Features:
- Good brew AND good food!ChellieSDDined on 6/13/2014The waitresses are able to speak to the subtle changed between the brew options. The sweet potato fries were delicious and could've been dessert themselves with a brown sugar dusting and cream cheese frosting dip. The lobster/shrimp tacos were refreshing will definitely be my top choicw again next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WA JUST OKRENODined on 5/25/2014I like the interior design of the restaurant, food wasn't good. Restaurant was to slow for us to not give a GOOD experience. I was expecting more, but that's only our opinion. Empty tables were dirty, floor was dirty, doesn't seen like staff wanted to be at work. At the end of the day, as a business owner/restaurant owner. your job is to provide the remarkable experience for everyone that walks in those doors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent overallbakster21Dined on 5/23/2014Was very impressed with the food selection and overall atmosphere - can't wait to visit again!
- Consistently great food and serviceoptioninvestorDined on 5/11/2014We came here for Mother's Day, and were pleasantly happy GB could sit our party of 13 without any hesitation whatsoever. Restaurant wasn't crowded at all (we got here at the open), but quickly filled up thru lunch. To our surprise, they had a brunch menu, and a special Mother's Day three course menu with several choices for each. The food is always good every time we visit, and it's been large groups lately. The fare is always hot when served, and our waitress was sharp, very attendant, and ALWAYS patient (THANKS!). Will be coming back for our next group visit!Special Features:
- Great Service, Friendly StaffNalc93Dined on 5/8/2014The service was exceptional, and the staff as a whole was friendly. So much so, that the manager even came out to ensure everything was to our liking. I had the beer battered fish with garlic fries, and would say it was better than the majority of restaurants in San Diego--including those seafood restaurants found near the beach. My girlfriend had the seared ahi tuna and loved the quinoa pilaf. Our food was on the table in a very timely manner, which was impressive given that we ordered in the middle of the dinner rush. I'm not a beer expert, but for what it's worth, I sampled eight beers and enjoyed all but one--Schwarzbier, I believe. The Maerzen and Blonde Bock, however, were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even though Gordon BierschOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2010Even though Gordon Biersch is a chain restaurant, the food and atmosphere was very good. Reminded me of the Albany Pump Station (a privately owned restaurant/brewery in upstate NY)Special Features:
- Always good service and goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/23/2010Always good service and good food at this GB. No complaints!Special Features:
- Great food and service. OurOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2010Great food and service. Our table was ready when we arrived to celebrate a family birthday. The menu had something for everyone. Their "shot glass" desserts are amazing and a great way to top off our dinner with a little something sweet. Great for small or large groups. Not too loud, we were able to visit and enjoy the evening. All in all a GREAT experience. We will be going back.Special Features:
- Excellent menu with helpfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2010Excellent menu with helpful waitress to guide through things to try (samplings) and where to focus for what we were looking forSpecial Features:
- My wife and I were expectingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/19/2010My wife and I were expecting a decent meal in a place that I considered not too 'upscale'. It turned out the steak was pretty good, and the fish was outstanding. The price was reasonable, not like the 'upscale' restaurants that are extremely overpriced. I would bet the 'upscale' food can't be any better than this. Plus, you can get a great beer or wine.
- Usually I like the food atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2010Usually I like the food at Gordon Biersch, but this last experience was not up to my expectations. My friend and I both ordered the chicken and pear salad. The lettuce was limp, like it had been sitting too long, the dressing on the greens was bland and had no particularly flavor. The grilled chicken was good and flavorful but the salad part of the meal was boring. Yes, we could have, and perhaps should have, requested something else, but we were on a time limit and waiting for the kitchen to prepare another choice was not an option. On a positive note, the service (our server was Taryn) was excellent.
- I took two friends who hadOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/3/2010I took two friends who had helped me out when I broke my ankle. We all enjoyed our lunch very much.The food was great. I made the reservation on opentable.com and our table was ready immediately. We had three different entrees and each of us raved about their meal. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- The food was good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/14/2010The food was good and the servings were large. The cost is a little pricey for lunch - higher than I expected. I had the Jambalaya and it had a good kick to it - not for the faint of heart. It made me appreciate the bottomless beverages.
- At first we were seated againstOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/9/2010At first we were seated against a wall at the end of the restaurant. Difficult to get in. Requested a change. Very difficult. Set the mood. We had a party of 7. It was apparent that seating was a problem to achieve. We had reservation and had to wait. But, there was no one in the restaurant and there was no table prepared in advance for our reservations. The empty tables remained empty for a good while. They could have pushed two together. We sat in a booth. Food was good. Experience Disappointing.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable dinner mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2010Very enjoyable dinner meal with excellent service and food. Met with friends from out of town and had a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Had an exceptional time! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/23/2010Had an exceptional time! The ambiance was wonderful, and the food was terrific. Their flexibility in adjusting menu items was outstanding. Overall wonderful experience.Special Features:
- very good service, good food,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/23/2010very good service, good food, nice atmosphere for lunch....a bit noisy in the bar area..Special Features:
- We enjoy going to GB timeloubpDined on 4/19/2010We enjoy going to GB time and time again because they are always accomodating and we can bring our kids there. There is always something for everyone and of course, the beer is a huge draw.Special Features:
- The overall experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2010The overall experience was very pleasant my husband enjoyed the pizza I had the fire grilled chicken linguine not that great. Other then that we didn't have to wait long at all there was no wait walked right in and got seated. A little disappointed in the choices of food but they had great beer and the pizza was pretty good.
- we went with our 3 kids, agesOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/4/2010we went with our 3 kids, ages 4, 6, 8 on Easter Sunday @ 1130 and had a freat time and everyone ate! Quite a feat for us. Love the beer!Special Features:
- Met with a group. AppetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/2/2010Met with a group. Appetizers were good and service was prompt. It was a bit noisy, but we expected that on a Friday evening.Special Features:
- I had a great time going hereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/1/2010I had a great time going here for my friend's birthday. The food was ok, decent price, but I don't think that it made an impression enough for me to return. The service however was excellent. I had to change my reservation time 2x since our group was running late. Nonetheless the hostesses did not haggle us about it and sat us right away. The server was also excellent. She tended to our needs patiently, even though some of our friends were getting a lil too tipsy and annoying. The ambience was nice and lively. Overall, it was a good experience, mostly for the great service.Special Features: