Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - Plano
7401 Lone Star Drive, Suite B120
Plano, TX 75024Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - Plano
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonbiersch.com/restaurants/
- Phone: 469-467-0464
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Carl Nimmo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: For 10 to 1000, have Gordon Biersch cater your next event. Full staffing available.
- Private Party Contact: Laura Baxter 4694670464
- Entertainment: Live Music Thursday to Saturday (weather permitting - Summer Series) Sunday Jazz Brunch
A word from Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - Plano
We welcome you to come join us at Gordon Biersch located in the beautiful Shops of Legacy North in Plano Texas. We offer fresh scratch kitchen entrees and the finest beer brewed in the state. Two large and spacious patios and a great happy hour makes coming to Gordon Biersch a fun experience every time. We offer private dinning areas for large groups and off site catering is also available. Let us make your next culinary experience a truly memorable one.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - Plano - Best Restaurants in Plano ›
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - Plano reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (11)good for groups (9)great for lunch (8)fit for foodies (6)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)neighborhood gem (5)romantic (3)special occasion (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Entertaining clientOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014I took a very important client to dinner at GB and the staff went above and beyond to make it a wonderful evening. John, the manager that evening, orchestrated a memorable experience for my out of town client. I will make a point of bringing future clients to GB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menuLunchmeetingguruVIPDined on 6/14/2014Love the filet sliders. Good cocktail menu. Lots of items on the menu for anyone and everyone. Bread pudding desert is a must have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually really goodfredVIPDined on 6/14/2014The service this evening was a little slow, especially with observing and filling out drinks as we sat on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 175 reviews are from the Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - Plano reviews archive.
- Great restaurantrunnergirlDined on 2/15/2014Service was great. Our waiter friendly a very attentive. Went on valentine's Day weekend and had a great time I have food allergies (shellfish and low sodium diet) They made sure the food came out perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We were seated right away. Service was a little slow but I accounted that to It being Valentines and we were in no hurry. Food was great and we had amazing experience overall.Special Features:
- DisappointedDisappointedVIPDined on 2/5/2014Gordon Biersch has changed their menu and I as well as my guests were very disappointed. Many of the popular items have been removed. The section of the menu that was for dieting with calorie information and was on the lighter side has been removed. I find this very strange since other restaurants, even fast food giant McDonalds are adding a limited calorie menu section. When I asked the waitress why the menu was cut back she said it was to cut down on food waste. So instead of using their computers which track orders/purchases, and determine a run rate of dishes and thus order for those dishes based on sales, Gordon Biersch decided to instead pull available dishes from the dining guest. Will not be back. until old menu is back
- Food good, service Not so much!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2014We had a party of 6. Our Server was horrible...she took forever taking are drink order and literally she came back 45 min later to take the food order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- highly disappointeddistanttravellerDined on 1/19/2014Went here to celebrate daughter's birthday. Service was just ok but the attitude and friendliness of our waiter was HORRIBLE! Save your time and spend your money elsewhere. The food was just ok. So not worth the 45 minute drive it took to get here.Special Features:
- Great value for food thatCarlVIPDined on 1/10/2014Great value for food that would appeal to a wide variety of clientele. In house made beers that has great flavor also with a good value in different sizes. Food service was very fast with a front server that took your order, got your beverages and a back server that got your food from the kitchen. Very busy, but very organized that handled the volume. Very friendly and a very professional staff. I would return at a later date.Special Features:
- Unusual services issuesDonnaDined on 1/4/2014I've eaten here many times and its usually very good. This time we got a different beer than we ordered. Kids meals were fine but Husband and I got cold steaks and cold side. Wait staff WAS awesome but the second lot they brought out wasn't much better and the got my order wrong. I ate it anyway because at that point my kids had finished and we had other things still to do.Special Features:
- Just okGeorge53VIPDined on 1/3/2014I can't say it was bad, but food is very average. In legacy area! there are far better options.Special Features:
- Great beers and good food!ChrisHHVIPDined on 12/31/2013Great beers, good food, and fantastic service, especially our waiter! We sampled all their beers and each was was good and unique in it's own way. Very interesting appetizers as well. We will definitely be back to try more offerings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Player in Sweet SpotTomBDined on 12/23/2013Gordon Biersch is a solid member of the Legacy restaurant community. The food is good and fairly priced, but this is not foodie heaven either. The server was friendly and answered our menu-related questions quite well. The noise level was fine. The decor is basic and reasonably attractive. The beer was brewed on premise and pretty darn good. This is a great place to take a group for a comfortable time. There is something for everyone on the menu and a visit won't break the bank. On the other hand, if you are looking for that elusive transcendent food experience or like to eat on the culinary cutting edge, this is not the place for you. GB's offers comfort food, 21st Century edition. I'll be back, and happily so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service outshines ambienceTKDContainerDined on 12/16/2013I was excited to celebrate a friend's birthday. On my reservation I requested a table close to the back knowing we would want to talk and hear each other. To my disappointment we were placed right by the front window at a very small table for our party. We were squished between two other parties. It was very hard to hear each other. Our server, Adam, was awesome! He took our criticism in stride, helped us rearrange a table to give us more room, kept our glasses full, and empathized with our situation. We enjoyed our time, but I don't think comments or requests are viewed by the restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always awesomeTrystanDined on 12/13/2013This was my 3rd time visiting this location, and every time I have been, I have never been less than impressed. Great staff, great food, great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a great find! The1sttimedinerDined on 12/10/2013This was a great find! The atmoshphere was relaxing and will definitely dine here again when in the area to try additional dishes and speciality beeers. Love the area.Special Features:
- Service was so disappointing.R2D2Dined on 11/17/2013The weather was perfect. The ambience was great. Say the service was just off putting and the veggie burger so tasteless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you tell them you are notAlexDined on 11/16/2013If you tell them you are not in a hurry you may wait until the next meal to get waited on...manager did replace the server who was great. The food was very good and fairly priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menuWellsDined on 11/16/2013We have been a fan of GB's for several years...but we are do not like the new menu. The new menu eliminated many of the items that we go to GB's to have, such as the tapas appetizer, the BBQ chicken pizza and the pasta dishes. The Garlic fries are great but were disappointed we were not able to order the other items we love. If the new menu is permanent we will not be coming as often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh not going backFoodieDined on 11/16/2013We have been to this restaurant before and liked it a lot. Since then they had changed the menu and the steak I ordered tasted like rubber. The service was horrible! We sat in the bar so we could watch a football game and our server would take over 15-20 to get our drinks and we would end up asking other servers to place our orders or find her. Awful!Special Features:
- Disappointed in reduced menuVacationDonVIPDined on 11/16/2013Our dinner at GB was good. New York steak was of good quality and the meatloaf was flavorful. Our only complaint was that they have significantly reduced the size of the menu and several of our favorite items are no longer available, such as the pulled pork sandwich, Mahi Mahi sandwich, BBQ pork chop and BBQ Chicken, steak brochettes, and Asian ribs. Without the same variety of menu items, we will be less likely to choose GB in the future.
- Great EverythingJeffhDined on 10/18/2013Great menu, great food, great beer, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good adult beveragesmapperVIPDined on 10/12/2013Good food, good adult beverages and a lot of screens for sports.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service, and aJenniferDined on 10/11/2013Good food, service, and a good place to meet friends, and enjoy a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ExperienceHappyHourDined on 9/27/2013We werer disappointed that the happy hour menu had changed. The $5 apetizers use to be a big hit with us. Our server was nervous and and disappeared for long periods of time. We started out with a female server and end up with a male server, my experience in the past is that female servers pay more attention to their quests. Other than that it was fun! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the beer stay for the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/18/2013Bar and Beer is usually why we go, yet there is always something ion the menu we can enjoy. Their fork and knife burgers, steaks and sandwiches are outstanding, however we have been sticking to their Light Menu which is as tasty and almost as filling.Special Features:
- beer is oustanding, food excellentagr1975Dined on 9/12/2013it is always worth a visit in GB. Beer is excellent and the food is really worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud.and inattentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2013The food was generally good, not great. However, the bourbon glazed salmon was surprisingly good. It was extremely load inside the restuarant. So loud that my son had a hard time understanding me and he was sitting across the table. The service was very poor. It really wasn't all the waitresses fault. She was also attempting to manage my table, several other small groups and one group that probably had 18 people. There was just way she could handle it all. The restuarant should have recognized that and assigned additional wait staff to help her cover.Special Features:
- Very vibrant, good food andBelomorVIPDined on 8/17/2013Very vibrant, good food and vine, outstanding beers. Food for every taste. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i tried their veggie burgerpineappleDined on 8/9/2013i tried their veggie burger and i LOVED it!!! it was not dry and was very tasty. and, my friend enjoyed the beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to celebrate a birthday.CoriDined on 8/4/2013We went to celebrate a birthday. Party of 6. I found the food to be very plain. Not enough for sharing. My dish came with rice as a side and it was just like the rice I get at a fast food chinese restaurant. The coffee that we ordered with dessert was cold. The only good thing I can say is that the service was good and the dessert was good as well. Other than that I won't be back! What we spent on the bill for the meal was not worth it. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Shops of LegacyFoodieKellyDined on 7/27/2013Normally we avoid Shops of Legacy because of the lack of parking. But at the urging of friends, we came to Gordon Beirsch's on a Saturday night. We were given a heads up on the best place to park. Although on the top floor of the parking garage we found a spot and then headed to the restaurant. We had some pot stickers, salads and flatbread. All were fairly tasty and we would come back again and try some other menu items.Special Features:
- Quite ImpressedMM2008Dined on 7/26/2013Went here for date night before catching a movie later and the food and atmosphere were fantastic. Great selection, and great bang for your buck in terms of quality food without costing an arm and a leg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This GB did not meet the others..TexasGatorDined on 7/26/2013I have been to Goron Biersch Brewery in a number of locations. While the table service was good the hostess staff was not on their game that day. I had made a reservation and part of our party arrived first. Even though the reservation was in my name when I told the hostess I had a reservation and that part of my party was already there, she checked the list and was emphatic that I had neither a reservation or that my party was there. She consulted a second person who agreed. Finally a third hostess came up and said my name ~ I said yes and she took me immediately to my table. Normally finding your lunch mates is not a problem except it was a business lunch with someone I had never met.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great variety of food toCydFVIPDined on 7/14/2013A great variety of food to accommodate different tastes - good place for a group.
- The food was just so-so. TherePhilipDined on 6/26/2013The food was just so-so. There are better places in the area.
- Beer was good, but food wasJBHPDined on 6/17/2013Beer was good, but food was average. Stay away from seafood here; portion sizes are miniscule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated Father's Day here.fluffyDined on 6/16/2013Celebrated Father's Day here. Service was excellent. Food delicious. Busy, hopping place!Special Features:
- Great patio, great foodFoodbabyDined on 6/8/2013I love when the weather is nice, and I can take advantage of the patio at Gordon Biersch at Legacy. The food was prepared perfectly and the service was impeccable. I had the Woodford Reserve bourbon salmon and the southwest egg rolls. Both were great. I even ordered a bourbon to go with my meal. The pour was generous. I highly recommend this place for the food as well as the people watching on the sidewalks nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I bring clients here on aNickinDallasVIPDined on 6/5/2013I bring clients here on a semi-regular basis and this was the first time that the experiece was less than outstanding.I'm on a somewhat limited diet and the Ahi Tuna is approved but the quinoa is not, asked if I could sub the mushrooms in and was told that I could. Expecting a tuna steak, I was a little surprised when my lunch arrived and I was served what appeard to be an appetizer; 6-8 slices of tuna. The quinoa was left off as requested and the mushrooms were in their place however, when presented with the bill I discoved that I was charged for the mushrooms.Food was good, serving size disapointing.I would recommend this to a friend.