Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - Midtown
848 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30308Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - Midtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonbierschrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4048700805
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Christian Norton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: All of our menu favorites are available for your off-site catered event. Please contact Chris Ernest, Sales and Marketing Manager (404.822.4236)to receive your customized catering proposal.
A word from Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - Midtown
At Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant, our passion is to produce and deliver to our guests the highest quality and freshest products. Our tradition of on-site brewing and food made fresh, from scratch, are the most evident examples of this passion. Our restaurants and people offer a relaxed and inviting atmosphere, attentive and friendly service, fresh food carefully and creatively prepared, specially brewed beers and other fine beverages. We feel it is this combination of elements that make a great dining experience possible. The Gordon Biersch heritage of superior beer, great food and good times are now served up fresh daily in locations stretching coast to coast. Committed to using only the freshest and finest ingredients, our restaurants showcase a passion for food with seasonal menus, daily specials and frequent changes to the regular menu. Each restaurant features a unique décor and atmosphere that provides an inviting space.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (27)neighborhood gem (16)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (11)special occasion (11)fit for foodies (8)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (5)romantic (3)notable wine list (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/26/2014Went there for dinner prior to a show at the Fox. Someone came and took our drink order relatively quickly and brought them back. We then were left for quite some time with no one coming to our table. Finally flagged someone down to get the waitress who took our drink order, who acted shocked that no one had come over to assist us. There was obviously some sort of miscommunication as to who was supposed to take care of our table and we were left sitting there for about 25 minutes. Even once we got her attention, service was sub par at best. Had to leave the check to another member of the party so we could rush to get to the show.
- Great place before show at the FoxOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014Extensive menu for brunch/lunch. Had great service and great food!Special Features:
- Our Regular Spot for Theater-GoingClsilndDined on 10/25/2014We always come to this restaurant for lunch before we go to the Fox. And we have season tickets - so that's 6 times a year. Always a perfect day for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is not high qualityPCinATLVIPDined on 10/23/2014The good service and relatively fun atmosphere was not enough to raise the rating on this overall experience above two stars. The food needs attention - from purchasing to execution. We hope for our neighborhood that someone at this restaurant will do a deep dive into their various processes, and that should start and end with an analysis of flavor.
- worth the driveChloeDined on 10/12/2014This brewery is a bit of a drive but well worth it. We meet friends from all over the greater ATL area. G Biersch did something for our gorup of 14 that no one has ever done. They gave us another table to hold our birthday gifts. And the beer is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slight diappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014This was our second visit so we had high expectations as our first first was AMAZING. The disappointment was there was special limited menu do to a community parade that was being held on the same block. The information provide to us upon arriving was that the full menu would be available once the parade ended. However, that turned out not to be the case. Also, our server was OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Fox stop infoodie123Dined on 10/10/2014Excellent place to drop in before going to the Fox Theater. About 4 blocks away, but a nice casual atmosphere with reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and beerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014The regular and seasonal beers are always good. It is not the beaten path. And the food is a nice selection to compliment the beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu ItemsBArkaeDined on 9/28/2014Unbelievable. 4 of us for dinner before going to Fox (we're locals). After placing orders, server returned to tell everyone at the table that at least one of the items they ordered was unavailable. This went on and on... server returned to tell me that my 5th choice was also not available. It was 4pm on a Sun. afternoon and they were out of steak, sourdough bread, cheeses, fish, burgers, and F'n cranberry juice at the full bar and more? Candid camera? Nope. Manager came to table to apologize, (it was happening to everyone) and actually said "this is no way to run a restaurant is it?". I think they must be going out of business. Shame on the management for putting the staff in this position. It was a horrible joke of an experience.
- Good food and kid friendlyDTAtlantaNativeDined on 9/26/2014We went to GB before a Fox event (it's about a 5-10 min walk from the Fox). We were seated right away. Our server was training but did a fine job. The menu was good for the tween with us as well. The garlic fries they are famous for were just "meh" to me. But my grilled chicken and avocado sandwich was GREAT and the fruit bowl that came with it was huge and the fruit fresh and good. It was a little too dark (had a hard time reading the menu). But overall it was great and I totally recommend.Special Features:
- Not enough serversOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014The restaurant did not have enough servers for the crowd that came in on a hot day after a Georgia Tech home game. Our server did a great job, but had too many tables to cover. We had plenty of time to relax.Special Features:
- Very diverse menuThreestarrabbitDined on 9/8/2014Whether you're in the mood for slider appetizers or a full-fledged 3-course meal, the menus are extremely diverse. One of my favorite downtown restaurants, it's always hard to make a selection. The garlic fries are not to be missed, no matter what else you order!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- treatDined on 9/7/2014I have used this site for entertaining out-of-town visitors for years, having first been taken there by a dear friend who had a condo a block away, before I had moved to the area. It was quite a surprise to learn that a late, late reservation and food service were available. I have been there often enough with different guests to have become recognizable to some of the wait staff, and am delighted by the congeniality of this development.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014My first time and it was a great experience. Food was delicious and staff very friendly. They gave me a slice of chocolate cake for my birthday which was a great surprise. Loved the drinks, dinner, & dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurant1elegantDined on 8/9/2014August 9 was my husband and I first time dining at Gordan Biersch restaurant and it was a great experience. The restaurant atmosphere, waitress, and food was great! We had the chance to taste tge different kinds of beer that we never had. I would recommend this restaurant for all adult occasions for romantic or party groups. Very nice restaurant! !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely LoudPat1Dined on 7/22/2014A group of 30 people were screaming to the top of their lungs singing stupid drinking songs and the manager let them get away with it. We couldn't even hear ourselves talk at our table. It was awful. They need to fire that manager and put someone who will keep control of the place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect nightAshizfly7Dined on 7/16/2014I was celebrating my 30th birthday with about 20 friends. The staff & our waiter was more than accommodating from the moment we arrived! The food,drink & live music was amazing! Great atmosphere whether you're out friends, with kids or on a date. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/12/2014We were in a hurry to go to the Fox. Our waitress was excellent in getting our food and expediting our dining experience. The beer was excellent also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Go!FrustratedDined on 7/12/2014The veggie burger was mushy, tasted bad, and was sent back, but other food was good. The restaurant was not busy and service incredibly slow! The waitress could not answer questions about the menu, did not know that salads are served before the meal, was very slow in all she did, got the check wrong, and just seemed to lack interest in us and her job. In other restaurants, if food is sent back, the manager usually comes to the table to apologize and offers to comp the entrée. Not here. I went to this place because of its location. I will not return!
- Casual Dining GemknwgoodfoodDined on 7/12/2014Love, love the atmosphere here! Even though I'm not a beer drinker, I think this place is a neat hangout. Our group of 9 thoroughly enjoyed our meals (fish/chips, BBQ pork, pasta dish, shrimp tacos-to name a few). However, the server was not a good listener and less than attentive. We had to look for him more than one during the afternoon (4:00 pm on Saturday, so not busy at all). I will definitely be going back to enjoy the food and cool vibe!Special Features:
- consistency :)KAZeh123Dined on 7/6/2014always okay - good! great consistent place, better than your average chain, but not for the proclaimed "foodie." the late night scene is hit or miss, the service to is good and the food is again, consistent with what you would expect! love the burgers! beer is okay as well. cheers!Special Features:
- The following 451 reviews are from the Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - Midtown reviews archive.
- Always good in a pinch.KAZeh123Dined on 6/22/2014went to watch the soccer game. food was awesome, beer was good and prices are predictable. enjoyed the outing very much! I shall return ;)Special Features:
- Great restaurantBKyleStyleDined on 6/14/2014This was my second time here and it was just as good as the first time! Loved the food and the atmosphere. The waiter we had this time could have been a little more focused and energetic but overall pretty good service.Special Features:
- Awesome!Juggernaut357Dined on 6/13/2014I took my parents here for my mom's bday, father's day and their anniversary (all on the same day) and we all loved the decor, food and beer! I told a friend about it and he loved it too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Theater DinnerK1MSUDined on 6/8/2014Enjoyed our Dinner and a show combination from Fox Theater. We have dined previously at the Buckhead Atlanta location. I enjoy the beers, my wife enjoys a vegetarian friendly menu. We can always find good food and above average service at your restaurants. We liked the idea that it is within walking distance to the Fox Theater. Reservations were not really needed, we were late afternoon on Sunday, not exactly a busy time, but fit our show schedule. Only complaint was that we were given an average table in a very empty restaurant, but I didn't ask to change so not a big deal. Food was excellent, server was attentive, and beer was cold….a good start to our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FC51VIPDined on 6/7/2014We went to GB to watch the Belmont Stakes before heading over to the Fox to see Evita. Ordered 2 vodka Collins which were not drinkable as they were so sour. Ordered Pinot Grigio only to find out they had only a half a glass in the whole restaurant of any brand, completely out. My wife ordered a peperroni pizza and I had the Tuscan Chicken pasta. Both were only fair. The Mgr did offer to pay for any drink they had in the house but we already lost our appetite. We will not return, to many other good restaurants in the district to visit.
- Enjoyed our experience!KelliDined on 6/7/2014This was our first time going to GB. I was impressed by the variety on the menu. Everyone in our party was pleased with their entrees. The service was great. We went there before a show at the Fox Theatre. We had a 6:00 reservation. That was plenty of time to enjoy dinner and walk to the Fox for our 8:00 show. We would definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- couponsDebbieDined on 6/4/2014We are Fox theater season ticket holders and you get a card with perks on it. GB is one of the restaurants with a coupon. The food is always good so we always go there. There is always a $5 coupon in the Fox play bill for GB too. This is the first time our waitress did not honor both card and coupon. I know the season ticket card is a special perk prepaid so I was a bit miffed that the manager was being stingy this one time. Oh well. I will go back. It could be the difference in having a waiter vs a waitress. We were a group of women.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and location!MitchDined on 6/4/2014Ate here before a show at the Fox. Only three blocks away - a very short walk. Our whole dining experience was excellent: good food, service, and atmosphere. I think this is one of my favorite restaurants of all we have tried in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedPKruVIPDined on 6/3/2014Not a fan of your changing the menu all the time. You bring great new things and then they are gone. The server even said they asked corporate to keep a few items because they are popular and they said no.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbNheimbergDined on 5/30/2014We had a great dining experience. The food was fantastic. I had the Gorgonzola ribeye. It was incredibly tender and seasoned perfectly. My husband had the medallions and he enjoyed his food also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome before Fox TheatreGestugDined on 5/23/2014We chose this restaurant because it was near Fox Theatre and we were from out of town. Great choice. Quick walk to the theatre, food choices were large, so no matter what we were in the mood for, they had something. The portions for entrees were huge, so we went with chef specials, far more foodie and interesting as well as smaller. Brewed beers were well made and rounded. No huge outliers making the whole experience great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Place To Go!MisterMangiareVIPDined on 5/3/2014Had lunch here waiting for a matinee at The Fox Theater. Have never been here, found it by looking it up in Open Table. What a find. Very nice ambiance, service excellent (server made great recommendations) and the food was fabulous. We shared mahi-mahi tacos, a chicken with bacon/arugula flatbread pizza, and the oh my goodness bread pudding...YUM! Also has the beer sampler where they serve 6 different mini-mugs of beer which all were quite tasty to me! Will definitely go there again when visiting Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food/Patio great; service lackingkw11Dined on 4/26/2014It was PROM night for some area schools, so just want to put it into perspective. However, when you ask your server for some silverware and they state "I don't know, I will try to find some - we ran out half an hour ago' - what????? How are you supposed to dine at an establishment with no silverware? Honestly, I am understanding of large parties overtaking a restaurant, but to have an attitude with the other customers is not acceptable. The food was wonderful, I loved the patio and our server's attitude turned for the better as the meal progressed (most likely since 'tip time' was approaching), but I am really disappointed by how were were initially greeted. Questions about the menu were also answered with frustration/attitude.Special Features:
- Always a good timeFoodieJohnJDDined on 4/20/2014I have dined in Gordon Biersch locations in many places I have lived, and always find the service friendly and attentive. The Midtown location is no exception. There's a wide variety on the menu, with many good items. I particularly like their small bites, incl. seared ahi tuna (appetizer or salad), sliders and burger. A few dishes I would skip, such as their garlic fries, which are a garlic-overload, even for garlic lovers. I also find their marinated/teriyaki steak dishes to be heavy handed with marinade to the point where the beef flavor is overpowered. Their beers are good, as you would expect from a brew-pub, if somewhat limited in variety. I find the wine options decent and cocktails well made. This location has nice outside seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceJNOWDined on 4/19/2014This is a favorite of ours before FOX performances. Food for the picky eaters yet still interesting items for those who are more foodies. Great service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but expensiveS234Dined on 4/16/2014Food was delicious but the prices were a little highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Fun!KKrom23Dined on 4/16/2014My friend and I went to dinner prior to a show at the Fox. The food and drinks were delicious and the staff was super friendly.Special Features:
- Pre-Fox DinnerDLSchacherDined on 4/15/2014Great place to eat before the show. Just three locks fom theater. Good food and service.Special Features:
- Great for matinee dayAthensgirlDined on 4/12/2014We had lunch and had a great meal. Our server made sure we were out in plenty of time to walk down to the Fox. I will definitely do this againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.