Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - Midtown
848 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30308Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - Midtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gordonbierschrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4048700805
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Christian Norton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: All of our menu favorites are available for your off-site catered event. Please contact Chris Ernest, Sales and Marketing Manager (404.822.4236)to receive your customized catering proposal.
A word from Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - Midtown
At Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant, our passion is to produce and deliver to our guests the highest quality and freshest products. Our tradition of on-site brewing and food made fresh, from scratch, are the most evident examples of this passion. Our restaurants and people offer a relaxed and inviting atmosphere, attentive and friendly service, fresh food carefully and creatively prepared, specially brewed beers and other fine beverages. We feel it is this combination of elements that make a great dining experience possible. The Gordon Biersch heritage of superior beer, great food and good times are now served up fresh daily in locations stretching coast to coast. Committed to using only the freshest and finest ingredients, our restaurants showcase a passion for food with seasonal menus, daily specials and frequent changes to the regular menu. Each restaurant features a unique décor and atmosphere that provides an inviting space.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - Midtown - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (28)great for lunch (19)special occasion (18)neighborhood gem (16)great for outdoor dining (16)fit for foodies (11)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (9)romantic (7)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (7)notable wine list (2)Show More
- My birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014My first time and it was a great experience. Food was delicious and staff very friendly. They gave me a slice of chocolate cake for my birthday which was a great surprise. Loved the drinks, dinner, & dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurant1elegantDined on 8/9/2014August 9 was my husband and I first time dining at Gordan Biersch restaurant and it was a great experience. The restaurant atmosphere, waitress, and food was great! We had the chance to taste tge different kinds of beer that we never had. I would recommend this restaurant for all adult occasions for romantic or party groups. Very nice restaurant! !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely LoudPat1Dined on 7/22/2014A group of 30 people were screaming to the top of their lungs singing stupid drinking songs and the manager let them get away with it. We couldn't even hear ourselves talk at our table. It was awful. They need to fire that manager and put someone who will keep control of the place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect nightAshizfly7Dined on 7/16/2014I was celebrating my 30th birthday with about 20 friends. The staff & our waiter was more than accommodating from the moment we arrived! The food,drink & live music was amazing! Great atmosphere whether you're out friends, with kids or on a date. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/12/2014We were in a hurry to go to the Fox. Our waitress was excellent in getting our food and expediting our dining experience. The beer was excellent also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Go!FrustratedDined on 7/12/2014The veggie burger was mushy, tasted bad, and was sent back, but other food was good. The restaurant was not busy and service incredibly slow! The waitress could not answer questions about the menu, did not know that salads are served before the meal, was very slow in all she did, got the check wrong, and just seemed to lack interest in us and her job. In other restaurants, if food is sent back, the manager usually comes to the table to apologize and offers to comp the entrée. Not here. I went to this place because of its location. I will not return!
- Casual Dining GemknwgoodfoodDined on 7/12/2014Love, love the atmosphere here! Even though I'm not a beer drinker, I think this place is a neat hangout. Our group of 9 thoroughly enjoyed our meals (fish/chips, BBQ pork, pasta dish, shrimp tacos-to name a few). However, the server was not a good listener and less than attentive. We had to look for him more than one during the afternoon (4:00 pm on Saturday, so not busy at all). I will definitely be going back to enjoy the food and cool vibe!Special Features:
- consistency :)KAZeh123Dined on 7/6/2014always okay - good! great consistent place, better than your average chain, but not for the proclaimed "foodie." the late night scene is hit or miss, the service to is good and the food is again, consistent with what you would expect! love the burgers! beer is okay as well. cheers!Special Features:
- Always good in a pinch.KAZeh123Dined on 6/22/2014went to watch the soccer game. food was awesome, beer was good and prices are predictable. enjoyed the outing very much! I shall return ;)Special Features:
- Great restaurantBKyleStyleDined on 6/14/2014This was my second time here and it was just as good as the first time! Loved the food and the atmosphere. The waiter we had this time could have been a little more focused and energetic but overall pretty good service.Special Features:
- Awesome!Juggernaut357Dined on 6/13/2014I took my parents here for my mom's bday, father's day and their anniversary (all on the same day) and we all loved the decor, food and beer! I told a friend about it and he loved it too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Theater DinnerK1MSUDined on 6/8/2014Enjoyed our Dinner and a show combination from Fox Theater. We have dined previously at the Buckhead Atlanta location. I enjoy the beers, my wife enjoys a vegetarian friendly menu. We can always find good food and above average service at your restaurants. We liked the idea that it is within walking distance to the Fox Theater. Reservations were not really needed, we were late afternoon on Sunday, not exactly a busy time, but fit our show schedule. Only complaint was that we were given an average table in a very empty restaurant, but I didn't ask to change so not a big deal. Food was excellent, server was attentive, and beer was cold….a good start to our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FC51VIPDined on 6/7/2014We went to GB to watch the Belmont Stakes before heading over to the Fox to see Evita. Ordered 2 vodka Collins which were not drinkable as they were so sour. Ordered Pinot Grigio only to find out they had only a half a glass in the whole restaurant of any brand, completely out. My wife ordered a peperroni pizza and I had the Tuscan Chicken pasta. Both were only fair. The Mgr did offer to pay for any drink they had in the house but we already lost our appetite. We will not return, to many other good restaurants in the district to visit.
- Enjoyed our experience!KelliDined on 6/7/2014This was our first time going to GB. I was impressed by the variety on the menu. Everyone in our party was pleased with their entrees. The service was great. We went there before a show at the Fox Theatre. We had a 6:00 reservation. That was plenty of time to enjoy dinner and walk to the Fox for our 8:00 show. We would definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- couponsDebbieDined on 6/4/2014We are Fox theater season ticket holders and you get a card with perks on it. GB is one of the restaurants with a coupon. The food is always good so we always go there. There is always a $5 coupon in the Fox play bill for GB too. This is the first time our waitress did not honor both card and coupon. I know the season ticket card is a special perk prepaid so I was a bit miffed that the manager was being stingy this one time. Oh well. I will go back. It could be the difference in having a waiter vs a waitress. We were a group of women.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and location!MitchDined on 6/4/2014Ate here before a show at the Fox. Only three blocks away - a very short walk. Our whole dining experience was excellent: good food, service, and atmosphere. I think this is one of my favorite restaurants of all we have tried in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedPKruVIPDined on 6/3/2014Not a fan of your changing the menu all the time. You bring great new things and then they are gone. The server even said they asked corporate to keep a few items because they are popular and they said no.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbNheimbergDined on 5/30/2014We had a great dining experience. The food was fantastic. I had the Gorgonzola ribeye. It was incredibly tender and seasoned perfectly. My husband had the medallions and he enjoyed his food also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome before Fox TheatreGestugDined on 5/23/2014We chose this restaurant because it was near Fox Theatre and we were from out of town. Great choice. Quick walk to the theatre, food choices were large, so no matter what we were in the mood for, they had something. The portions for entrees were huge, so we went with chef specials, far more foodie and interesting as well as smaller. Brewed beers were well made and rounded. No huge outliers making the whole experience great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 440 reviews are from the Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - Midtown reviews archive.
- A Place To Go!MisterMangiareVIPDined on 5/3/2014Had lunch here waiting for a matinee at The Fox Theater. Have never been here, found it by looking it up in Open Table. What a find. Very nice ambiance, service excellent (server made great recommendations) and the food was fabulous. We shared mahi-mahi tacos, a chicken with bacon/arugula flatbread pizza, and the oh my goodness bread pudding...YUM! Also has the beer sampler where they serve 6 different mini-mugs of beer which all were quite tasty to me! Will definitely go there again when visiting Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food/Patio great; service lackingkw11Dined on 4/26/2014It was PROM night for some area schools, so just want to put it into perspective. However, when you ask your server for some silverware and they state "I don't know, I will try to find some - we ran out half an hour ago' - what????? How are you supposed to dine at an establishment with no silverware? Honestly, I am understanding of large parties overtaking a restaurant, but to have an attitude with the other customers is not acceptable. The food was wonderful, I loved the patio and our server's attitude turned for the better as the meal progressed (most likely since 'tip time' was approaching), but I am really disappointed by how were were initially greeted. Questions about the menu were also answered with frustration/attitude.Special Features:
- Always a good timeFoodieJohnJDDined on 4/20/2014I have dined in Gordon Biersch locations in many places I have lived, and always find the service friendly and attentive. The Midtown location is no exception. There's a wide variety on the menu, with many good items. I particularly like their small bites, incl. seared ahi tuna (appetizer or salad), sliders and burger. A few dishes I would skip, such as their garlic fries, which are a garlic-overload, even for garlic lovers. I also find their marinated/teriyaki steak dishes to be heavy handed with marinade to the point where the beef flavor is overpowered. Their beers are good, as you would expect from a brew-pub, if somewhat limited in variety. I find the wine options decent and cocktails well made. This location has nice outside seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceJNOWDined on 4/19/2014This is a favorite of ours before FOX performances. Food for the picky eaters yet still interesting items for those who are more foodies. Great service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but expensiveS234Dined on 4/16/2014Food was delicious but the prices were a little highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Fun!KKrom23Dined on 4/16/2014My friend and I went to dinner prior to a show at the Fox. The food and drinks were delicious and the staff was super friendly.Special Features:
- Pre-Fox DinnerDLSchacherDined on 4/15/2014Great place to eat before the show. Just three locks fom theater. Good food and service.Special Features:
- Great for matinee dayAthensgirlDined on 4/12/2014We had lunch and had a great meal. Our server made sure we were out in plenty of time to walk down to the Fox. I will definitely do this againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big disapoinment!JgjackVIPDined on 4/11/2014I went to this restaurant a few days ago and most likely will be my last, the over priced food doesn't match the quality. The only good thing was the sweet potatoes we had for appetizer. We ordered a flat bread but instead we got a greasy pizza that looked like it came from the frozen section of a grocery store. We also had the beef medallions, which we ordered rare, but came out so well done that we couldn't bite into it. The asparagarus that came with it had little to no flavor. The waitress never came to check if the food arrives ok, reason why we didn't return it. She came to the table about 15 minutes later and said "looks like you guys were not hungry" which I reserved any comment. On top of all that we have to pay $3 to park.Special Features:
- Didn't Meet Expectationswillow753Dined on 4/11/2014Looked forward to dinning with friends at Gordon Biersch , unfortunately the experience did not meet my expectations. The service was ok, but not anywhere near great. We had to ask for too many things where the server should have asked us if we wanted the usual items. The quality of the food was below average. The chicken was "rubbery" in one order. My fish was overcooked & dry; the batter was too thick, more batter than fish. The the entire experience was very disappointing.Special Features:
- Retreat after a long IKEA trip:)CherylJDined on 3/29/2014What a great choice after a shopping trip at a very busy IKEA. While waiting for my purchase to be picked and delivered to me, I opened OPENTABLE to decide where to go. We made quick reservations at GB and what a great choice. The beer sampler hit the spot for my bother-in-law who was dragged along in our shopping expedition! There was a great burger, chicken sandwich and salad chosen at the table and we loved them all equally!! The garlic fries were superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonably Priced Varied MenuSushicrAzyDined on 3/29/2014While we had a good enough time, the food is average. There is a great variety of food similar to a Fridays so no problem finding something. We would go again when in the mood for casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for my first timefirsttimer12Dined on 3/29/2014I enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. It was a really nice place. It was also great that there were pool tables on the second floor. That's a nice addition because it gives the patrons something else to do and they are not right next to other people that may be eating or talking loudly. My server was mediocre at best and she gave me the wrong amount. She owed me some changed but instead she decided to round down to the nearest dollar so I was short. Other than that, it was a good time overall. Nice place for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My farewell lunch was excellent!FarewellDined on 3/26/2014My farewell lunch was excellent! The food is delicious! They didn't seem to have space for a large party; but we managedSpecial Features:
- Always one of my favorites!!JBEventsDined on 3/25/2014Gordon Biersch is my favorite go-to location for business meetings. I know that we will have ample room to spread out and that the food will be amazing. Our server, Anthony, was attentive and made sure that we were comfortable since we were there for several hours. I recommend the restaurant to many of my clients for Rehearsal Dinners, Bachelor Parties, Engagement Parties or any other special occasion. I can't wait for my next visit!Special Features:
- Food and beer good althoughTKD7Dined on 3/22/2014Food and beer good although menu somewhat pricey given what's on it-I've been there 3 times before shows at Fox -the parking is best deal around as it's a six block walk to theater-3 bucks to park-2 of the 3 times the service has been iffy at best-twice I had to find waitress-once I simply gave up and left-if it's crowded find another place close-if not it's a good spot before a howSpecial Features:
- Dinner before going to the FoxHealthyFoodiefromSuwaneeDined on 3/21/2014This restaurant is a safe pick for families and large groups with a wide range of tastes. Food is good enough and there is something for everyone on the menu. Due to location, etc. the food and beverages are definitely not cheap. The pour on a glass of wine is pretty stingy. It's a decent place to go if you need to get dinner before going to an even downtown; easy to get in and out of with valet parking, etc.Special Features:
- Great before-show dinner spotFoodieliciousDined on 3/20/2014We had a 730 show at the Fox, ate here at 545 and got to the show in plenty of time. The turkey burger (not your average turkey burger!), lobster tacos, and garlic fries were all deelish. The Czech Pilsner was very good. Recommend for pre-show especially if you have children with you and don't want anything too overwhelming for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the theater1God4meDined on 3/17/2014I chose this restaurant because it was close to the Fox Theater, I had 7:30 show tickets and arrived at the restaurant at 5:30 that gives you time to park without dealing with show traffic and then walk, less than 10 minutes to the theater. Ok, now for the menu. There is something for everyone, even if you are vegetarian (not that I am one). Had the goat cheese, walnut and arugula appetizer which was awesome! Fish tacos were good, not great only because the fish which could use a little more kick was overpowered by the 2 taco shells, a soft and a hard (next time I will ask for only the soft). The person dining with me ordered the "lighter" chicken creole which was still a very large portion but seasoned to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I visit here whenever I comeMeff44VIPDined on 3/12/2014I visit here whenever I come to Atlanta. Great food as usual.Special Features:
- brunch before fox theaterCateDined on 3/9/2014My mother and I went to GB before a fox showing. We had a great brunch. It wasn't crowded at all. Very quick an tasty.Special Features: