Gordon Biersch Brewery- Navy Yard
100 M Street SE
Washington, DC 20003Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Gordon Biersch Brewery- Navy Yard
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://gordonbiersch.com/locations/navy-yard
- Phone: 2024842739
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Tony Blias
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Gordon Biersch Brewery- Navy Yard
At Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant, our passion is to produce and deliver to our guests the highest quality and freshest products. Our tradition of on-site brewing and food made fresh, from scratch, are the most evident examples of this passion. Our restaurant and people offer a relaxed and inviting atmosphere, attentive and friendly service, fresh food carefully and creatively prepared, specially brewed beers and other fine beverages. We feel it is this combination of elements that make a great dining experience possible. The Gordon Biersch heritage of superior beer, great food and good times are now served up fresh daily in locations stretching coast to coast. Committed to using only the freshest and finest ingredients, our restaurant showcases a passion for food with seasonal menus, daily specials and frequent changes to the regular menu. Our restaurant is located at the Navy Yard Metro station and 1 block from the Washington Nationals Baseball Stadium.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Gordon Biersch Brewery- Navy Yard - Best Restaurants in Navy Yard ›
Gordon Biersch Brewery- Navy Yard reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (21)great for lunch (21)vibrant bar scene (11)great for outdoor dining (11)neighborhood gem (11)kid-friendly (5)fit for foodies (5)hot spot (5)scenic view (4)late-night find (4)special occasion (3)romantic (1)Show More
- Great restaurant near DC Navy YardcasualdinerDined on 10/18/2014Had dinner here before attending an event in the area. Had a reservation but wasn't needed, even on a Sat. night (might not be the case when the Nats have a home game). Restaurant was very nice, good location not far from Nats stadium. We had steak frites and lobster and crab tacos, both very good. Great beer selection. Service was very good. Would definitely go there again if we were in the area.Special Features:
- Navy71Dined on 10/16/2014Gordon Biersch at the Navy Yard never dissapoints, good food, good beer all a reasonable prices.Special Features:
- ferg209Dined on 8/7/2014food was very good, the service was excellent, the beer that is made there was also very good.Special Features:
- Refused reservation on Nats gamedayboybertDined on 8/3/2014Despite having a confirmed OpenTable reservation, I was told (rudely) by the hostess that reservations at this location are not accepted on the day of Nationals games. I was told that I'd probably made a reservation at the downtown location (which I hadn't). Ultimately, they take reservations via OpenTable but do not honor them.
- MrandMrsHVIPDined on 7/20/2014Amazing garlic fries and a great place to stop after a nationals game. If only they were open later on weekdaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2014Upon arriving, I checked in with the maitre d' and he told me that there was no record of my Open Table reservation. He said that I either made the reservation for another location or somehow did something wrong in placing the reservation. I then showed him the confirmed reservation email that Open Table had sent me. He then said that I would have to wait for a table when one eventually opened. It would be easy to blame him for the poor treatment, but it is the responsibility of the restaurant to train and supervise employees on how to interact with paying customers. The server was good, but she disappeared halfway through the meal, and I had to get out of my seat to find her in order to get the bill.
- Nice restaurant and barmimfailDined on 7/11/2014Great place to eat and drink with a nice view. The servers were very friendly even though it was crowded at the restaurant.Special Features:
- So bad I thought I was being punkedtxkatDined on 7/5/2014We went with a party of six. Put in an order around 9:00 PM. Drinks came. The guys enjoyed their beers. About 9:40, when no food had arrived, I asked for a manager, who said he would check on our order. Most of us had steak. Every order at the table wrong. Two guys ordered twin filets and got one. We has two steak frites both of which the temp was wrong on and the fries were stone cold at this point, we'd been there almost an hour, and no one ever even offered us a drink refill. When they brought out new fries, they were garlic fries. They cooked my medium rare steak ' till it was grey 4 times. I never actually ate, since everyone at the table had eaten and they were closing the dining area by the time screwed up steak number 4 arrived.
- Cool placeJojoDined on 7/5/2014Great food, drinks, and the service was amazing! Little loud but that was ok. Had a good time.Special Features:
- Decent food, good service, noisyDaisy2Dined on 7/5/2014Noisy watering hole after baseball games, but food is pretty good for a brewery restaurant. There are currently few options in this neighborhood as it is undergoing revitalization, so this is really the only local spot for dinner. Service is friendly and helpful, but can get a little frazzled after baseball games. They had lost our reservation, but we were seated quickly, even though the place was packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 67 reviews are from the Gordon Biersch Brewery- Navy Yard reviews archive.
- Service was indifferentrun2eatVIPDined on 6/21/2014We have eaten here before with excellent experience, but this evening our server was not up to par. She had no personality, took our order, did not deliver napkins or silverware w/ order, didn't check back w/ us on quality of food. Then when it came to pay she just swooped in to pick up her tip as we were leaving without any sign of appreciation for our business.
- Veggie BurgerFoodieDined on 6/20/2014I don't normally like my veggie burgers to be that mushy so that's why I had to vote the food as only 'fair'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winkmanDined on 6/18/2014I really enjoyed my experience. I thought a little pricey for lunch. Not as many lunch selections(variety) on the menu as I had hoped for. My food was very good. I was seated very quickly while others waited. Service was good. All in All, a place I would definitely go back to. Planning an evening dinner next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AppreciativeJazzieDined on 6/16/2014The turkey meatloaf was excellent along with the mashed potatoes. The string beans were not cooked enough for me.Special Features:
- Pleasant Navy Yard diningjgbrodaDined on 6/7/2014There were 5 of us (one 5-yr-old) and we got a nice table outside. Lots to choose from the menu and a nice kids' menu too. Good food and decent, friendly service. A nice place to take out-of-town guests. I recommend going when the Nats are not in town if you want to be sure to get a seat!Special Features:
- Super Brew PubBrewpublicanDined on 6/2/2014I went to the flagship Gordon Biersch in Palo Alto in the late 1980s. All they served was garlic fries and beer. The second unit was in the Aloha Tower, in Oahu, Hawaii, the pub l under the SF Bay Bridge (which is no longer there). However, the beer is still great. The marzen works well on burgers, chicken and of course, the beer itself. Still going great after almost 30 years, and I am still a great fan. This brewpub is at the Washington Nationals Baseball Park, in SE Washington DC. Easy to get to and usually available for dinner before most home games. The noise level is about 110db, which makes conversation a bit dicey, but the food makes up for it (one should not talk with a mouth full of food anyway!). Service is friendly and fast.Special Features:
- Good Old G&B!KJA205VIPDined on 5/30/2014Always have a good time at G&B, especially on a late spring afternoon sitting outside enjoying the weather!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JazzieDined on 5/22/2014James offered the Passport Rewards Card. Marcus really loves his job and sharing about the food. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- Consistently gooAndreaEDined on 5/3/2014Food, service and drinks have been consistently good. Servers good; host/hostess sometimes inattentive.Special Features:
- 19061906Dined on 4/16/2014We thought the atmosphere was great and the servers and waiter were friendly and attentive. The food was good and proportions were adequate. I would definitely return especially for the beer and appetizer selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was fattyMulkDined on 4/11/2014I ordered the Steak with fries. the steak was extremely fatty, but the rest of the food was good. My son really enjoyed being able to watch them cook through the window. The wait staff was very nice and really sweet to my 6 year old.Special Features:
- Thanks2ndThursdayDined on 3/30/2014Rainy day, large group, early arrival. Thanks for letting us in early and not making us stand in the rain. And for serving us too,. We will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They were unprepared for the crowd?MotsLotsDined on 3/15/2014We dined here after the Shamrock Beer Bash that was just a 2-3 blocks away. We made reservations to ensure a table at 4:30 (event let out at 4). Service was incredibly slow because the place was packed. Our waiter told us they never expected this many people. HELLO - event with like 2500 people is 2-3 blocks away and lets out at 4 and you don't think you are going to draw a crowd? Poor planning. The waiter also mis-informed us about one of the beer selections and tried to bait and switch with a similar beer when what one person chose wasn't was she got (maybe some wouldn't notice - but we did). 3 of the 4 of us really liked our food. The atmosphere is really nice. I rarely get into the city - and this is one reason why.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDebrap424VIPDined on 3/8/2014I love the veggie burger. Service can be a miss so find a waiter or waitress you love! we like annie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experiencekimmi202Dined on 3/8/2014This was my first time dining here but the food was awesome. My steak was cooked to perfection. The menu selection had my mouth watering. The flight of house beers was exceptionally priced. The wait staff was knowledgeable about the food and beer, and our server Annie was outstanding! I will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2014GB is definitely great food for all occasions. I've done happy hour, lunch, and dinner there and they never disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceNickDined on 3/5/2014I took a colleague here for a birthday lunch. The food was excellent, and the service was superb. Our waiter, Allen, was very knowledgeable and very attentive. We had a great time and will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotBizlunchVIPDined on 1/23/2014Great menu, excellent food and service is team based and timely. Sliders plates are a great lunch idea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business Lunch Location!PhantomWarriorDined on 1/23/2014My guest and I were promptly seated upon arrival. Service was attentive without being intrusive and our server, Rosemarie, was respectful of our conversation and patient with how much time it took before we glanced at our menus. Seasonal beer selection covered the full range from light to dark, and our pours were quite generous. Lunch was delicious and the serving size ample for the biggest appetites. My Kobe cheeseburger was cooked perfectly to medium rare, as I'd requested, and was flavorful and juicy. Pricing was fair for the quality and quantity of food provided. As an alternative to 8th St Barrack's Row dining, Gordon Biersch at 100 M St. is worth considering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EatTamJayDined on 1/3/2014Excellent food. Great for not only just beer drinkers. Menu had a great variety of eats. Great ambiance. Wonderful for a date night or night out w/ friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service still abysmalRickVIPDined on 12/19/2013We enjoy the atmostphere, food and drinks. However the service is still quite poor. Of all the times we have dined here, every single time the service was the same; extremely slow especially for a place like this. The servers are friendly, just the service is slow.Special Features:
- Great menu. I couldn't believeSpecialKDined on 12/16/2013Great menu. I couldn't believe you had so many things to choose from. I had the seafood cobb salad. The cob part was good, but the seafood was hard to find. And when I did find it, it was small shrimp that seemed to come out of a package. There was supposed to be crab in it as well, but I couldn't find any of that. Next time I'll just order the regular cobb salad. The service was good, in spite of your having a full crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly what we expectedEricVIPDined on 11/29/2013Food was surprisingly good, not depressing like some chains. Very comfortable with a kid and not too expensive. I was super glad we went there and it wouldn't have occurred to me without Open Table.Special Features:
- First time - I'll be back!FewheeDined on 11/1/2013This was my first time at Gordon-Biersch, and I enjoyed it. The online reservation worked well, and I'm glad I used it. The table was ready for me and my guest when we arrived. Service was excellent and so was the food. I was there to meet a client for lunch, anfd the overall ambience, upscale feel and ambience created a good vibe. Although the noise level was high, we were still able to have a good conversation without shouting. Definitely recommend this for weekday business lunches and will be back next week for another one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was SurpriseJarofSauceDined on 10/19/2013Typically there is a long wait to get in we were able to breeze in on a Saturday night at 8p with no problem. The Service was good and so was the food. this may become the go to spot when there is not a game going on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchJanRDined on 10/2/2013Lunch was excellent and the service was swift. Do not know what lunch would be like if crowded, though. Not crowded because of the shutdown. Bar scene looks nice when I drive by, though crammed for Nats games!Special Features:
- Close to the stadiumRichardDined on 9/20/2013Great place for lunch. Convenient to work and the National's ballpark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great energy!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/4/2013I loved the time I spent at Gordon Biersch! While I wouldn't recommend it for serious business lunches (the noise level was at times at DEF CON 5) It was a wonderful place to enjoy with friends! Everyone seemed to be having an awesome time and the food was DEEELISH!!Special Features:
- Good for Pre-Game DiningGManDined on 8/31/2013You have to get here early on game day if you want a seat. We had the home brewed hefe-weisen bier and mango mojitos to drink . Both drinks were very good. We started with the chef's sampler plate of wings, calamari, and, s/w spring rolls w/dip sauces. Nice way to get a start. We both had salads after that and one could've fed both of us. We had a goat cheese spinach salad w/grilled chicken, and a green apples, grapes, pecans, w/grilled chicken salad. Only complaint is that the baby spinach should be firmer and not soggy in the salad. Otherwise, they too were very good. Flat screen TV's in the bar area show various sports events. As the restaurant fills up it gets noisier and noisier. There should be more bar stools for wall tables .Special Features:
- My fourth time there--great againOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/18/2013Fantastic food and service. The apple bread pudding is the best ever! Took friends there this weekend--they love it too! One small disappointment in another otherwise great visit yesterday---the avacado on the sandwich was not ripe--hard as a brick--the rest of the sandwich was marvelous and the fruit was fresh. Service stayed away when we started talking business--great instincts and appreciated.Special Features: