2656 W Lawrence Ave
Chicago, IL 60625Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.goosefoot.net/
- Phone: 7739427547x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Nugent
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome
- Private Party Facilities: At this time the restaurant is not available for special buyouts.
- Private Party Contact: Nina Nugent 7739427547x
A word from goosefoot
Chris Nugent is chef/owner of this new 34-seat Fine Dining BYOB restaurant located in Lincoln Square. Goosefoot features a subtle palette of grays with touches of gold and black. The cuisine is an artful blend of French technique with modern vision created from small artisan farm products. Chef Nugent's talent for precision, refinement and visual artistry in the form of an elaborate nine-course tasting menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
goosefoot - Best Restaurants in Lincoln Square ›
goosefoot reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (36)special occasion (35)romantic (21)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (6)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Very good but not greatmeandfoodDined on 9/24/2014Some of the courses of this many-course meal were wonderful. The salmon and the duck confit, however, were rather ordinary--lacking in much taste. The service was warm and friendly, and the owners tried to personalize our anniversary experience. I did expect a little more formal atmosphere for what I paid; this is not a cheap restaurant. Rather bright light and many patrons dressed in jeans took away from the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goosefoot foodie adventureponyDined on 9/17/2014We were shocked to learn when we arrived that the tasting menu meal would take 3.5 to 4 hours! (It's the only option) And we were starting at 8:30 pm! But once we got into it, we got with the program and enjoyed all 9 courses and 2 other offerings! The servers are very nice and attentive and the chef is very down to earth and friendly. So we had an interesting time----but it's not something I'd do more than once in a blue moon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ram33Dined on 9/11/2014Goosefoot is our restaurant of choice for anniversaries and birthdays. It is a special restaurant dedicated to perfection in every facet of the dining experience. Nina makes sure you feel welcome and Chris works tirelessly to create beautifully arranged presentations of delightful food. With all the options we have for fine dining in Chicago, this byob is a standout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome chef and diningndmangsDined on 9/5/2014We went for my birthday and our anniversary. I think that was the best scallop I ever had! Their menu was fantastic, it was flower themed when we went and coincidence would have it, my husband had a bottle of some awesome pinot noir called flowers which went really well with all their food. There was one course I was ok with but my husband loved, and vice versa. The dessert could have used a little more chocolate, and a little less sweet :) yes, I like sweet but not too sweet! The ambiance and the fact that we were able to talk to the chef and his wife made us feel so welcome, was just a couple cherries on top. Definitely going back and recommending everyone check them out. Can't wait to taste the next menu!Special Features:
- AmazingTandDDined on 9/3/2014Food, Quality and service was flawless. The only negative...wait time between courses was overly excessive. I have done other tasting experiences , so was prepared for a long decadent evening, but courses were served too far apart. I started to not have the appetite to keep going. But everthing was AMAZING!!! Favorite dishes, risotto and the filet. Really nice that this was a BYOB establishment. We brought 3 bottles and it was a perfect amount to cover all the courses. Have recommended friends to dine...goosefoot is a must try restaurant. As I have heard menu changes from season to season, will want to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful evening...RaviniVIPDined on 9/3/2014Our third time at Goosefoot and yet another superb meal. Everything was wonderful. Anyone thinking that this restaurant might be a little too well frou-frou or something needn't worry. I've never eaten in a place where everything seemed so relaxed and friendly while presenting such meticulously created and utterly delicious dishes from an inventive chef and his team. The absence of "attitude" is refreshing. Can't wait to go back. And -- the BYOB aspect is a huge plus in my book. Instead of spending on wine you can save up for your next dinner Don't be discouraged when you can't find a reservation online. Keep trying. It's so worth the effort.Special Features:
- Smart And Balanced FoodkranstonDined on 8/30/2014Food was excellent, proteins perfectly cooked, subtle and balanced flavors. Goosefoot's theme was seen in almost every course with earthy presentation, edible flowers, and flavored gels. For me the flowers and gels just about overstayed their welcome. 9 courses, 3 extras - Amuse-bouche, Pallet cleansing shooter, and Hot chocolate dessert. Best Dish - 9th course, final dessert on the menu (Pineapple/sorrel/coconut/passion fruit) The flavors counteracted and blended with each other brilliantly. Worst - 3rd course (corn soup/potato/sunflower essence) While this was not a bad dish, it seemed fairly one note. Most Unique - 7th course (crème provençal/rhubard/mustard/fig/fennel) Surprising unique flavor combinations I had never tasted before.Special Features:
- Heavenlyariez0407VIPDined on 8/29/2014Favorite courses: Corn soup, crème provençal cheese, and the hot chocolate. The only miss was the risotto, which was more of a rice pudding and was overwhelmed by truffles.Special Features:
- Beautiful food, lovely experiencesmc1VIPDined on 8/27/2014Each dish was absolutely delicious! The presentation was simple and elegant while the flavors were complex and unique. Everyone was incredibly friendly and it was a nice to see Nina and the servers spending time with each table to get to know their diners and thank them. Goosefoot is a really special place and the amount of pride and joy put into it is wonderful to experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Dinner at GoosefootbullfanVIPDined on 8/22/2014This was our second trip to Goosefoot. The food is beautifully prepared and the presentation is wonderful. The flavors are amazing. One course was a small filet that was out of this world. Chris and Nina make each patron feel like a guest of honor. Their genuine warmth (and probably the restaurant location too) keeps the place totally down to earth. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Amazing restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Goosefoot has become our favorite restaurant in Chicago! Every dish was amazing and the customer service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Value - Excellent CulinaryLakeviewMamaDined on 8/15/2014Microgreens provide for a unique food experience. I loved the basil blossom and the micro hibiscus. I can't do this place justice in a review - you need to experience it for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialChappyDined on 8/14/2014This is a place for special occasions! Would go back in a heart beat!Special Features:
- Always awesome...MikeBikerVIPDined on 8/9/2014This is still our favorite place to have an amazing meal with BYOB to boot. The food is very well prepared and is the best tasting menu in this city. No matter how many times we have been here we just cannot get tired of the food. The service is also wonderful. We cannot wait for their food and wine store to open!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in Lincoln SquareAsh4689Dined on 7/31/2014This was my first fine dining experience and first time at Goosefoot. All I can say is WOW. It certainly lived up to its hype! There was not a single course that was bad. There was a little bit of a lag in between some of the courses, but not long enough to put a damper on the evening. The service was prompt, and not too overbearing. The chef's wife Nina Nugent comes to each table at the end of the meal and really makes you feel like you are dining in her home. It is tough to get a reservation at, since the restaurant only seats 34 people. I had to book a table there about 8 weeks in advance. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my meal there, and I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant presentationsannaDined on 7/31/2014Goosefoot offers a tasting menu with 9 courses BYOB. The hostess and wait staff are very personable, and the atmosphere is civilized. The food contains seasonal ingredients and incorporates molecular gastronomy techniques, especially gels and flowers. All the courses were good, but some were lacking in overall flavor, with individual components not adding up. The scallop, salmon and soup courses were excellent. The cheese course had a lot going on, including fennel chips and explosive fig pellets. The garlic custard was curdled with minimal shrimp flavor and the duck confit in the risotto was totally lost. The peach dessert was overwhelmed by the strawberry flavor, but had a good biscuit. Nice finish with a tiny hot chocolate.Special Features:
- One of a KindgorgsVIPDined on 7/24/2014Art on a plate. Innovative and delicious. Caring service. Unpretentious fine dining, a real gem.Special Features:
- Fine DiningWinedudeVIPDined on 7/16/2014goosefoot was as billed...a wonderful fine dining experience. Each course was excellent and very creative. The service was friendly and very informative. The owner/hostess couldn't have been nicer. We felt welcome and she made us very comfortable. What a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Exactly as advertised.....everything was fantastic. Dinner is a little long which should be no problem if you have great company and bring great wineSpecial Features:
- Must tryess82Dined on 6/26/2014I was lucky enough to get a reservation for 2 the same week. I found it much more difficult find tables for 4 or 6 persons on past attempts. The food was delicious and I would definitely recommend Goosefoot. The service was friendly but slower than expected. I'm fine with a long meal, but we waited at least 15 minutes between a few of the courses. On the plus side, Goosefoot is BYOB which is rare for upscale restaurants.Special Features:
- Excellent but takes too longDalianVIPDined on 6/18/2014Excellent food, masterful technique, just a little slow in between courses. Over 3 and a half hours is tiresome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goosefoot Worth the WaitRLWfromILVIPDined on 6/12/2014We really enjoyed FINALLY getting a reservation at Goosefoot. It was worth the wait. The food is well prepared from the best ingredients. The service is attentive but not obtrusive. The staff also makes an attempt to make their attention seem more "personal". We really enjoyed the preparation and presentation of the scallop dish. The "diver scallop" has seemingly gone from luxury food to something that everybody tries to serve. While it is hard to screw up such a (potentially) great starting ingredient, it is also possible to deliver the mundane. Goosefoot succeeded in breathing some fresh life into this dish. The chocolate installments of dessert were also amazing: we were told that they plan to open a chocolate shop too...Yeah!Special Features:
- Among the bestnaskinDined on 6/11/2014One of the best restaurant experiences I've had in Chicago in my 6 years here. The attention to detail was unbelievable, both in terms of flavors, presentations, and preparations. Worth every penny.Special Features:
- Fine dining as part of the familyjayjayVIPDined on 6/5/2014I love this restaurant: this was our second time at Goosefoot and we would definitely go back. In thinking about how to sum it all up: If you had a great chef that invited you, and a small group of people, into his home for a private luxury dinner- that would be what this is like. The food is artfully prepared, both taste-wise and visually. Things come out hot and fresh . The service low-key but professional. Chef Chris and his wife Nina both make an effort to say hello to everyone and really make you feel like part of the family. Thanks for another great evening.Special Features:
- The following 342 reviews are from the goosefoot reviews archive.
- Goosefoot rocksechristmasVIPDined on 5/30/2014Great meal, wonderful service. cant wait to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, flawed ambianceNoobFoodieDined on 5/22/2014Overall the experience was very very good. The food was excellent - probably the best I've had in the city. A few things detract from me being able to whole-heartedly recommend this restaurant at the moment. There was a group of about 5 people sitting close to the door who were very loud. In a dining room as small as Goosefoot's this has a big impact and I wish the waitstaff would have picked up on this and mentioned something to them. You could feel everyone (who is paying $$$$$) glaring at them. The second thing was that I was distracted by flickering lights in the dining room. I'm not sure if this is a power issue or if lights were going out, or if the dimmer switches were set too low for the CFL bulbs. In any case, it was annoying.Special Features:
- We will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 5/10/2014My boyfriend and I celebrated my birthday at Goosefoot and could not have had a more enjoyable experience. From the minute we walked in, the owner greeted our table and was so warm and hospitable. The food was fantastic start to finish- not one course was a miss (as can often be the case with multi course tasting menus). Each dish was imaginitively prepared, beautifully presented, and most importantly, absolutely delicious! We typically like to try new places for special occasions but decided we'll be back to goosefoot for his birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a memorable eveninglooking4theperfectIPADined on 5/9/2014Great presentation of food that had a flavor explosion is just about every bite. The night I went, it was a 11 course extravaganza. The wait staff was attentative, engaging, but not overbearing. The best part about the night was chef Chris and his wonderful wife spending time at our table, taking the time to learn about us and our dining experience. They not only did this at our table, but AT EVERY TABLE!!! You just wont get that sense of pride and ownership at every restaurant. If you want a truly remarkable dining experience, rivaled by few in Chicago, please visit Goosefoot, the reservation list may be long, but that should tell you something and it is well worth the wait!Special Features:
- We had such high hopes!LivingforflavorVIPDined on 5/2/2014An overall one dimensional menu- similar dishes with too much cream dependence- most lacking in the details of flavor we expected, except for the flowers that accented the dishes. As these courses all were too rich, the deserts were too sweet. Subtlety? Even the chocolate at the very end, which hoped to rave about, were filled with a passionfruit center so sweet I scooped it out and left it on my plate. We wanted to love this place, but expected it would be about the flavors of the food. The rabbit buried in cream course moved the meal from questionable to wrong, even the steak was surrounded. For the price 2 stars is generous. While the service was good, unless you like really rich similarly styled food, there are a lot better options!
- Impeccable in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2014Not only is the food amazing, dining there may as well be at the chef's own home. Eat at Goosefoot once to preview Heaven. Go back because Chris and his wife are fantastic people who literally take you in as part of their family as soon as you walk in the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Memorable MealLive2EatDined on 4/30/2014You must plan a head and you must go. Generally, I always hope for a cancelation at the last minute at restaurants like this and am rarely rewarded, but waiting a month for your meal to arrive has its own rewards. So, a month passed and my expectations inflated, but were far exceeded by the meal we enjoyed. This is a BYOB restaurant. Go to their website and find their menu and under "Info", wine recommendations. Dress is business casual. The space is bright, simple, but pleasingly decorated. The staff is friendly, knowledgable, attentive and without any airs of pretension. Beautiful plating is only out shined by the party that happens with every taste of every morsel. You will not be disappointed. GO.Special Features:
- Amazing and Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014We had high expectations, and the were completely met. The food was imaginative and delicious. The staff was very friendly and approachable. A wonderful experience and we would go back in a heart beat!Special Features:
- IncredibleTD27Dined on 4/18/2014It was hard to get a reservation here, but well worth the wait and patience. The food was outstanding and the staff were amazing. Chef Nugent and his wife made us feel that we were guests in their home. I can't wait to try and get back!Special Features:
- decent american fine diningpinggVIPDined on 4/18/2014it was good, but not super. too much truffle oil on everythingSpecial Features:
- Loved it!JennVIPDined on 4/17/2014Meal was outstanding. The chef and his wife pour their heart into this place and it shows. One if the best restaurants in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small bite, huge flavorLadycopfoodieDined on 4/17/2014This place was outstanding!!! It was a date night gem.... I have been to a lot of restaraunts but Goose Foot surpased all of them of this caliber! The tastes were small but packed a flavor punch!!!!! The food not only taste good, it was aromatic and beautiful as well! It was expensive but I was full an completely satisfied when I left!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic - will definitely return!DinningforFunVIPDined on 4/16/2014had a great meal there yesterday. Prix Fix menu - which was well - balanced and really had a perfect mix of dishes. Chef was attentive to all dietary restrictions (it was Passover). would definitely come back again it is bring your own wine or beerSpecial Features:
- Wonderful MealOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/16/2014We had a lovely meal at Goosefoot. The staff was welcoming and friendly, and the food was inventive and tasty, without being "cute" or overly intricate. While the spacing between courses was sometimes a bit long, it gave us time to enjoy the wine we brought, and the quality of each course made the wait worth it.Special Features:
- thoughful menu and great atmosphereJKPADined on 4/16/2014Dined here on recommendation of a repeat customer-- and even at $135/person would dine here again. Thoughtful menu, carefully explained by wait staff and entertainingly plated (but not overly complex). Long service- four hours (could have been shorter- but pace is slow, not at all rushed). Beautiful chocolate made on site- not heavy or overly sweet ---and excellent coffee (from Bridgeport).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOskVADined on 4/9/2014Although it is difficult to get reservations; I would recommend to keep trying. The food and the whole dining experience was wonderful. The plates were beautifully decorated and everything was delicious. It is pricey but you should know that already if you're trying to get reservations there. Compared to other restaurants that I have been to that serve the upscale prix-fix menu's, I'd give this one a 10 out of 10 for food and presentation. The only thing I would have enjoyed better would have been for the service to have been a bit faster. It took 4 hours to complete the meal.Special Features: