Goose Island Brewery
1800 North Clybourn
Chicago, IL 60614Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Goose Island Brewery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gooseisland.com/
- Phone: 3129150071
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 10:00pm;
Thursday - Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Saturday: 11am - 12am (midnight)
Dining Room closes at 10:00PM, Bar open till 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Andrew Hroza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We're Chicago's craft beer caterer! Take a look at the Catering & Events section of our website for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: For large parties of 12 - 20 people, party menus are available.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 3129150071
- Special Events: We offer both private and semi-private party rooms. For more information, feel free to call us or visit the party planning section of our website.
A word from Goose Island Brewery
Since 1988, Goose Island has consistently brewed Chicago's finest hand crafted ales and lagers. Goose Island brings together award-winning beer with outstanding lunches and dinner selections. Try our famous Stilton burger with a seasonal beer! Private party rooms are perfect for corporate events or casual parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Goose Island Brewery reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (13)neighborhood gem (12)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (6)special occasion (4)fit for foodies (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Had a great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Had a great time, the service was amazing and so was the food and drinks! Definitely recommend!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back again!readerdebbieDined on 9/13/2014We haven't been here for a very long time but decided it would be a good place to take out-of-town family. Parking was free, noise level was easy to be heard over (although we were there early on a Saturday) and there was enough choices at reasonable prices to make everyone happy. We took the advice of the server, who seemed to know both her beer and burgers. Very relaxing visit--we'll be back.Special Features:
- Chicago GembigsantiagoDined on 8/25/2014Took family from out of town to Chicago gem. I had pulled pork sandwich and it was the best I've ever had. server was very knowledgeable about brew selection. Would recommend to a friendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its your Local Brewery and food BarGImpRDined on 8/10/2014Go for the sports Bar TV's in most rooms and a full BAR.. Sample the many available Beers from the Brewery.. Have a great time.Special Features:
- Great timeNikoDined on 7/19/2014It's a great place to have a gathering. The food is amazing. Their sample flights are a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Place for LunchmacoopVIPDined on 6/15/2014We have been planning to go there for some time as we enjoy Goose Island Beer. We went for lunch on Father's Day and found the burgers great, the beer cold and the service friendly.Special Features:
- WonderfuldizzlechicagoDined on 6/14/2014This was our first time at Goose Island and we were very happy. We had a wonderful server who offered lots of great advice to my craft beer loving hubby. I almost expected the food to be secondary to the beer but found it inventive and very tasty as well. We will be back.Special Features:
- The following 201 reviews are from the Goose Island Brewery reviews archive.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/5/2014The poutine was delicious. The beer selection was extensive and so refreshing. Plus, our waitress was friendly, professional, and responsive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChicagofoodieDined on 5/2/2014I went here for date night with my fiancé and we really enjoyed ourselves. Great beer and the poutine is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABABVIPDined on 4/18/2014Beer is the ONLY reason to visit-great selection. The poutine and burgers are decent. And, the service is horrific. The hostess was condescending. Our server seemed irritated with us from the beginning, delivering patronizing looks whenever she stopped by our table. Her food runner was rude and hovered to clear plates even though we were clearly still eating. Multiple requests and orders were met with eye rolls, ultimately ignored and often unfulfilled. Our plan to kick off the beginning of our friend's wedding planning and upcoming celebrations ended prematurely because we were so put off by the experience. The first (albeit fake) smile from the server appeared when she gave us our bill in a poor attempt to salvage her impending tip.
- First VisitBethPDined on 4/11/2014Surprised my partner with a trip here for our anniversary as a change from the normal fancy-schmancy. Food was decent pub food as expected. We had the stilton and cast iron burgers. The stilton is extra spicy from a little too much black pepper and something we wouldn't choose again. We went for the beer and got to enjoy 4 5oz pours of our choosing which was fun. All and all, it was ok. Average pub with large selection of GI beers. Beware of the pretzels though. They are tasty but HUGE. We ordered two as a starter thinking they'd be smaller and filled up too quickly!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experienceHulkBroganDined on 3/22/2014The food was great, beer selection was large, and the service was very friendly. Would highly recommend the pub burger!Special Features:
- Good food & Great Craft BeerJefeDined on 2/19/2014Good food but great beer. If you like a good craft beer, this is where to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this is a brewery-plenty ofrobertoVIPDined on 2/15/2014this is a brewery-plenty of good beer,but some carefully thought out pub-style food items.very good if this is what you are looking for and we wereSpecial Features:
- Before TheatreSmcchgoDined on 2/8/2014Had a nice quick early dinner before going to a nearby live theatre. Nothing special, pub food, good beer and service was perfect for what we needed. Not sure we would go again just to eat, if you have a large group of people, think this would be a good spot to be loud and have some fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Chefy for a barLkbeyerleinVIPDined on 1/12/2014It is still a brewery, the menu is too "chefy". There was not one chicken item on your menu??? The only fish you had was walleye, and you only had 1 soup of the day. While they're is nothing wrong with elevating your menu, it was a little out of place in a brewery. At least offer variety if you go "chefy". There were tons of kids there, I have a hard time believing everyone likes only being able to eat carrot corriander soup, and that no one would like chicken. Too many other restaurants in Chicago to go back, and your beer can be bought in the store.Special Features:
- We were a group of 6 for aDisappointedDined on 12/28/2013We were a group of 6 for a late lunch on a Sat. Our lunch was good; we had poutine, chili, and burgers. Our server was cold bothered, & difficult to hear. I asked him to repeat the soup 3 times & he seemed annoyed. Also i asked for crackers with my chili which they didn't have so he offered grilled bread for $2. I accepted but the bread never showed. When the bill came we had $2 charges for all of the sides.When politely questioned our sever said that he told us there was an up charge for certain sides. Not one of us heard him say that! We also let him know that the bread never came. He said he pulled it because the kitchen was slow. He never told me that he pulled it! Also gratuity was included which could explain the poor service.
- they could expand menu a bit..whatKathyDined on 12/7/2013they could expand menu a bit..what was served was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!Griz1Dined on 11/27/2013Stayed in Downtown Chicago, Goose Island is a short walk off the Red Line. Warm atmosphere, waitstaff was very friendly and knowledgeable of food and beer. She easily suggested several options based in likes and dislikes. Reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the flight of beerBillyboyVIPDined on 11/22/2013We enjoyed the flight of beer to be able to try new beers. Sandwiches were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer and decent foodDandDDined on 11/17/2013We brought a visiting couple to Goose Island before attending a show at the Royal George theater nearby. Good parking and a wide selection of their beers were the primary reasons, but we found the pub style food to be pretty good also - especially enjoyed the burger with goat cheese and spinach. The place was pretty empty mid-day on Sunday, but I expect it gets pretty lively later at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad FoodStevieDined on 11/15/2013I had been at Goose Island many times and the food was great. When we went Friday evening, the food was terrible. Overcooked chicken wings, Garlic Soup that tasted like Cream of Library Paste and an inedible hamburger. Our server was very good. The meal would have been a complete bust without him. I always bring out of town guests there. It will be a long time before I do that again.Special Features:
- We drink and dine their 2ReddyFamilyDined on 11/15/2013We drink and dine their 2 or 3 times a year for many years and plan to continue with this family tradition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunday datestevieDined on 10/20/2013I had invited a good friend out on date to sample the beers and food. We enjoyed ourselves and the bartenders are always happy to make my time a fun one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server was very helpfulJeanDined on 10/10/2013Our server was very helpful and knowledgeable regarding the expansive beer listing. He provided samples without our even asking. The pulled pork sandwich was delicious and plentiful. We found it to be a comfortable and friendly place even though we were visiting from New York.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back!!!!MondragonVIPDined on 9/22/2013We love it!!!! We had brunch last Sunday and it was amazing!!!! Cristina was our server, she was so nice and friendly. We ordered a few beers following her recommendations and also tested a few more that she brought to our table. The food was delicious. We ordered a burger with sunny side egg and a pulled pork sandwich. They were excellent to pair with the fresh beers. It was my birthday so Cristina also ordered a chocolate dessert with a candle !!!! We had such a great time. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuban SandwichOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/2/2013I ordered this and it was terrible. Meat was tough and stringy.
- Delicious and funSimsmomVIPDined on 8/31/2013We came because we love beer but found the food to be just terrific! Enjoyed the fried artichokes and mussels tremendously. Waitress was excellent but beer service was slow. Maybe they need more help behind the bar?Special Features:
- Great food, Great beer! AbsolutelyRahulsraoDined on 8/25/2013Great food, Great beer! Absolutely wonderful experience. Will go there again and again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beer > FoodplumplumDined on 8/24/2013The food was pretty standard, but I was so happy with the beer selection and what they had on tap!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Averagestaceyw773Dined on 8/10/2013The dining area we sat in was a little on the warm side. The fish and chips I ordered were all right but my dining companions were less than thrilled - especially with the sweet potato fries which were A bit soggy. When our server was informed of this he just shrugged and said that's how they cook them there. We were happiest with our drink selections. I had the Halfwit. It was very summery and made sitting in that steamy booth a little more tolerable.Special Features:
- I stopped in here for lunchBdeliciousDined on 7/20/2013I stopped in here for lunch before I headed to the airport. Our waitress seemed like she didn't appreciate our business and she only wanted to focus on her table of 20 men, a bachelor party. It was loud, which I anticipated because it's a brewery. The food was your standard pub food...not standout dishes. I had the community beer and luckily it was delicious. I say that because I am not always the best at picking my beers from a list. I rely on the waiter or waitress to help me pick one...our waitress did not describe any of the beers.Special Features:
- Goose Island BrewGummybeanzDined on 7/5/2013Excellent place if you love beer and unique, delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The server was inattentiveJasmineDined on 6/21/2013The server was inattentive and rude. The food and beer was great, but for $400 and 18% gratuity we expected better service. Goose island brewery is no longer our 1st choice.Special Features:
- Father's Day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/16/2013My husband wanted to check out Goose Island, so we took him for Father's Day brunch. We had a great time! The food was great. The beer was fantastic! Huge beer list! The kids had fun- they seated us and the other families in a side room with lots of windows. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Beer and more!TasmanDined on 6/8/2013We went for the beer, and stayed for the food! The menu is slightly limited, but steers away from the standard pub fare providing great compliments to Goose Islands nationally known beer selections. Prices are moderate, and the beer selection excellent. Sign up early and take a brewery tour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Of course, my checking ofSartVIPDined on 5/27/2013Of course, my checking of "Notable Wine List" refers to beer, which is always excellent.Special Features:
- Unless you are going for burgersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2013Unless you are going for burgers and fries and beer, no I would not recommend Goose Island Brewery. Service was spotty. Took a long time to be served, had to ask for salt & pepper, bread, dessert menu, coffee, bread. Seemed a long time before we were served. They were setting up for a huge party in another room, which may excuse some of this, but not all.Special Features:
- My husband and I went to GooseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013My husband and I went to Goose Island for his birthday. We are burger and beer type people, but wanted a step up. This was perfect. We each had a flight of beer which was wonderful. The steak sandwich was the best I've ever had, and the service was excellent. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Unique selection of brewsKenCVIPDined on 4/16/2013Unique selection of brews some available widely but its the unique weekly brews that makes this place special. Great food that goes well with the beers. Comfortable and inviting place.Special Features: