The Goodstone Inn & Estate Restaurant
36205 Snake Hill Road
Middleburg, VA 20117Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
The Goodstone Inn & Estate Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.goodstone.com/
- Phone: 5406873333x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Champagne Brunch: 12-2pm
Open seven days a week.
Children over the age of 8 are welcome for dining.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Leonard
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Goodstone Inn & Restaurant will cater to all of your needs - big and small. (Advance notice of such requests is required.) In addition, Goodstone offers an impressive Wine Cellar Dining Room featuring an extensive collection of vintages from Virginia and around the world, and the elegant Manor House for intimate, catered events on the estate.
- Private Party Facilities: Parties of nine to twelve are invited to take part in a one-of-a-kind experience in our cellar. A custom menu with wines paired will be created for your group. The experience will be tailored to your party's particular tastes.
- Private Party Contact: Linda Boyer, Director of Sales 540-687-3333x
A word from The Goodstone Inn & Estate Restaurant
Goodstone Inn & Restaurant features a refined approach to French Country cuisine keeping to traditional and classical techniques. The innovative farm-to-table cuisine and the pastoral setting on a 265-acre estate in Virginia's wine and hunt country provide a unique dining experience for restaurant guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
The Goodstone Inn & Estate Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Middleburg ›
The Goodstone Inn & Estate Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (63)romantic (61)scenic view (45)fit for foodies (43)notable wine list (30)great for lunch (17)great for brunch (15)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Amazing fineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Outstanding food and service - would definitely return if in area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanthemanDined on 9/2/2014I was expecting it to be better. The place looked a bit run down. The server was clearly a one man show...in fact I think he was the manager or possibly part owner
- Outstandingaussiegolfer66Dined on 9/2/2014Although the menu was limited the food my wife and I selected was so well done. I had the corn on the cob appertizer and the filet for my main and both were great. My wife just had the salad from the appertizer list as it was quiet large. Wine list was extensive, setting was nice, service was great. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Anniversary eventTDSinVADined on 8/28/2014My wife and I celebrated an anniversary event on a surprisingly busy Thursday evening. We started with wine at their bar while we relaxed and soaked in the ambiance of this Middleburg gem. Our supper featured two crisp salads with local grown vegetables, superb local cheeses, and a crisp Reisling, in preparation for the entrees. My wife had the Trout and I had the smoked duck breast. Nearly ate the plates and settings here- our entrees were delectable! For dessert we had a chocolate hazelnut mousse with vanilla ice cream and champagne, compliments of our sommelier. Service was excellent- we would not have known they were understaffed that evening by any flaw in presentation or responsiveness to our needs. A fine, memorable special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful anniversary dinner!nannerVIPDined on 8/26/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary by ordering the four course dinner. I began with the crab, avocado and grapefruit salad that had the perfect kick of spice. The house salad was delicious blue cheese, dates and pecans. My husband and I shared the Chateaubriand which was melt in your mouth with the best scalloped potatoes I have ever enjoyed. The lavender crème brulee for dessert I would highly recommend. The only criticism I would have is that they should have sliced a fresh lime for my vodka tonic. The lime that came with my drink was dried out.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/23/2014This was our first visit and had a wonderful time. Although the host was most helpful in seating us, the smell of cigarettes was very strong. For a restaurant of this quality, I don't believe it is the image they want.Special Features:
- Excellent Find in the CountryJohnDined on 8/19/2014We've made many trips to the Middleburg area and always enjoy the town and the restaurants. We had heard of Goodstone before, but never made the drive a few miles out of town, but we are glad we did, and we will definitely be back. Our lunches were superb, with very creative meals by the chef. Now we have to try the Inn and make our next stop an overnight stay and try dinner here.Special Features:
- leaferVIPDined on 8/18/2014Loved this place! Great find in Middleburg. Stephen and Rachael did everything possible to make my birthday birth special and memorable. Food was outstanding. I had the Dover sole, and my husband had the duck. Beautifully presented. Loved my lemon soufflé. We will return.
- Hidden GemblueflyiVIPDined on 8/17/2014Me and my friend went to try this place during restaurant week, I was hesitate to go due to some of the negative reviews, however, we went anyway, this place was amazing, the food was delicious and the service was very attentive. I'll definitely go back again with or without restaurant weekSpecial Features:
- Lovely.DaniVIPDined on 8/16/2014Had a lovely dinner last night at the Goodstone Inn. We headed out to Middleburg to visit some wineries and enjoy a off the beaten path restaurant week menu. Very small dining room that was absolutely pristine and lovely. The staff was top notch and everything went smoothly and quickly. The food was tremendous - we had the garlic veloute, heirloom tomato and burrata salad, veg risotto, and the pork loin. Very glad we made the trip out there - Middleburg was lovely and we definitely plan to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ambiance, service lackingluv2bwowedDined on 8/16/2014As far as location and ambiance is concerned, this is a great place to eat. We had lunch there so it was daylight and I think that added to the pleasure - being able to look outside to a verdant view. I think they need to step up a bit on the service. While the efforts were OK, they did not rise to the level of the setting. The greeting at the front was nice but a little cool. The waitperson was OK, but somewhat snooty. For both our drinks and our food, the person bringing them did not know who ordered what. I have rarely encountered this - even in your everyday restaurants. My recommendation is to step up the efforts of the waitstaff to match the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Worth the DrivevirginiadinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014This was first time to Goodstone Inn and was drawn to it with Washington Restaurant Week. The setting was beautiful countryside and the Inn charming and historical. The ambiance was delightful, the service impeccable and the food and presentation exceptional. I plan to give a gift certificate to my Dad for upcoming significant birthday and definitely looking forward to a return visit. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Good food, beautiful locationDanielDined on 8/14/2014The grounds and restaurant are beautiful and well worth the drive. Dining room and lobby area are cozy and inviting. The food is well prepared and presented, including restaurant week items. Service could be a little more attentive, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014Quality food presented well, but it lacked taste. Our waitress made us feel unwelcome. This restaurant is definitely not worth the drive or time/money spent.
- dinner out in the countryjumpinjackVIPDined on 8/12/2014Excellent food in beautfull surroundings.Also great service.We had the price fix menu for restaurant week,not a lot of selections but each one was a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindFoodTravelerDined on 8/11/2014For Restaurant week a couple of friends decided to try something new. The Goodstone Inn was such a great find. It was very quaint and the food was awesome. I understand why they didn't allow more than 6 people in our reservation, however it wasn't crowded so I wish they would of just told us instead. However, we would definitely go again, best risotto dish I've tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to dineHard2pleaseDined on 8/11/2014Generally the food was good. Wines by the glass not so much. Would have been nice to have a wider choice.Special Features:
- Amazing lunchVAlovetotravelDined on 8/11/2014The food, service and ambiance were all outstanding. We enjoyed the chef's 4-course surprise lunch.Special Features:
- Great food, terrible serviceChadVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food at Goodstone was great, the service was terrible. It seemed like having an 8:45pm reservation was past the bedtime of the manager and wait staff at the restaurant. In the middle of our meal, the staff started chainging the restaurant over for breakfast which was incredibly disruptive and made us feel like they were trying to get us to leave. For a restaurant with such high prices, an expectation that the service and ambiance would match does not seem out of the question. I would not go back nor recommend the restaurant to friends. There are other, better options.
- Wonderful experienceDiningDivaDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I dined at the Goodstone this past weekend in celebration of our 22nd wedding anniversary. We were delighted with our experience in every way. Service was top notch, and the food was heavenly. We took advantage of the price fixe menu, and enjoyed amazing appetizers and a ridiculously fresh Caprese salad. We both ordered the seared scallops as our entrée, and were blown away- delicious! Normally not dessert folks, we even enjoyed the lemon soufflé and a terrific peach cobbler. Just when we thought we couldn't fit another bite, the waitress brought over two glasses of complementary champagne in honor of our anniversary. We couldn't have asked for a more lovely evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Anniversary DinnerjoshandklaDined on 7/21/2014We can't say enough about our dining experience at the Goodstone Inn. What a perfect way to celebrate our anniversary in a romantic setting with absolutely delicious and inspired food. Everything tasted so fresh and delicious. Our server Daniel was helpful and did a great job answering all of our questions. It was clear that he took pride in his work and was excited to share some of the history of the inn which we thoroughly enjoyed hearing about. We enjoyed our little chef surprises of steak tartare before our salads and grape sorbet before our meals. The lamb and filet mignon were cooked to perfection. We look forward to going back and trying their famous brunch! Thanks for making our celebration memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPERH2oersDined on 7/20/2014What a GREAT place for special days we took friends there as a Wedding Gift they loved it !!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningDCVolDined on 7/20/2014Perfect late Sunday afternoon/early evening. The short drive was a scenic and relaxing prelude to arriving at the Goodstone. Beautiful grounds and facilities. We walked in the Carriage House and went straight to our table (our choice). Stephen was the consummate host. The staff were engaging and most attentive. We selected the Chateaubriand prix fixe, a Merlot from Stag's Leap and we just sat and talked as Stephen and the staff anticipated every need. In no rush, we let the evening unfold - as it did perfectly. Our meal was excellent - from appetizers to Creme Brulee to Jameson Irish coffee (with a clever dash of brown sugar). Strolling the beautiful grounds afterwards at dusk rounded the evening which ended too soon. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect evening!laviajeraDined on 7/19/2014Loved everything about the visit to Goodstone. The location is beautiful and serene. The dining room is small and quiet. We had a table by the window which was lovely. Food was beautifully presented; portion size was perfect; everything was delicious.Special Features:
- Pricey but exceptionalSpranchersDined on 7/15/2014Food was fabulous, service attentive without rushing us in any way. The atmosphere was perfect for any special occasion. Expect to spend at least $200 per couple if you have 3 or more courses and a glass of wine.Special Features:
- Outstanding restaurantSilverSpringDinerDined on 7/12/2014Had a wonderful lunch at this outstanding restaurant! The service was impeccable as was the wine list. Interesting menu choices on the limited luncheon menu. Highly recommend this lovely setting for a relaxed, delicious meal.Special Features:
- Fabulous viewF8pamelaDined on 7/6/2014This place has wonderful scenery, great food and quiet. Perfect for dinner for two. Not to mention the drive is quit beautiful itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner to brag aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014Beautiful drive from DC to a charming 30 seat restaurant that sits at the top of a hill on a working farm. Very picturesque - food is Franch so expect small portions. Food was very good, not great, but you pay for the experience I think and we enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Always Worth the TripAllieBVIPDined on 7/5/2014Each time I've visited the Goodstone Inn & Estate Restaurant, I've enjoyed the experience more. The setting and location are lovely, the food has always been superb, and the service is amazing. They go above and beyond to ensure their diners have a positive experience.Special Features:
- A fabulous day in the countrysideTexasDinerVIPDined on 6/26/2014A friend and I spent a day walking around Middleburg and had lunch at The Goodstone Inn. She was enchanted by the drive up to the restaurant and the view from our table. The menu was filled with wonderful choices. We settled on the Roquefort and pear salad plus the fresh trout with its carrot puree and beurre noisette. So unbelievably good. Our server paired it with a rich Chardonnay to work with the sauces. Perfection. A driver drove us around the 265 acres to show us the various cottages. My friend decided she and her husband MUST stay. Told her their breakfast, which comes with the room, is absolutely exquisite. My husband and I spend ALL our special occasions here, with good reason. We're never disappointed. A great value.Special Features:
- DisappointingPepiDined on 6/23/2014We came here to celebrate a birthday - the inn is quite beautiful and very secluded - that is pretty much where the good part ended. The service was ok better when there were only a couple other people dining. Overall very slow but that was ok since it was a special occasion. The food was not very good at all - my appetizer was burnt, the sides on my main dish also burnt. The filet was not cooked to my specification - desert was a soufflé which was not very tasty at all. Incredibly overpriced for the very low quality of the food.
- Enjoyable EveningPartnersDined on 6/16/2014Location is rustic and a scenic entry that is NOT a place to speed to... narrow "curvy" roads / numerous blind spots and numerous beautiful properties that prompt a view and steals safe driving practice. Facility is very nice and the hospitality is only exceeded by a delicious meal. Multiple options = all good (great) / service staff VERY helpful on recommendations and explanations (ask = your queries will be rewarded). Well worth the drive and the wait (as service is methodical... not slow BUT plan for a two hour session to enjoy four courses) Have enjoyed meals previously = will definitely return and recommend others to the experience! NOTE: Monday is a slow night for customers but prep and service is similar to busy weekend nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoleilDined on 6/15/2014The food is outstanding, particularly the Scallops and Chilean Sea Bass, and the Chocolate Souffle is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Food and Well PresentedLGCRKDined on 6/10/2014The restaurant is in a beautiful setting of rolling hills and streams just outside of Middleburg. We were warmly greeted at the door and felt comfortable and extremely welcome the entire meal. Our waiter and the Sommelier Stephan were always there and very easy to catch our eye but not obtrusive. They were both highly professional. We started with a champagne toast and then settled on the Prix Fixe Chateaubriand for two as an entrée. We had starters of Asparagus Soup and Baby spinach and strawberries salad for me and a crab/avocado appetizer and butter lettuce salad for my wife. A decadent chocolate soufflé was our desert. We enjoyed a fine 2011 vintage Paul Hobbs Cabernet. Everything was totally delicious. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- exceptional experience!revrandyDined on 6/9/2014This restaurant is a treasure. The service was impeccable. The food lived up to the reputation. The wine list is right in the sweet spot. Not pretentious or slim. The bucolic setting, the attention to detail and excellence all make for dining pleasureSpecial Features:
- wine2food4meDined on 6/8/2014Asked for a quiet spot to be able to have a conversation, and was placed next to a baby shower party. I noticed other tables were available across the room that would have been much better. Trout was oily, "regular" English muffins for benedict. Wait staff rushed my order. The grounds and views are spectacular and weather was perfect, I still enjoyed my birthday brunch, my husband is my true delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef's SurpriseAnnieDined on 6/7/2014My friends treated me to Chef's Surprise for my birthday on June 7. The meal was delightful, the wines beyond expectation and the waiter, Stephen, turned out to be the sommalier and a most warm, charming individual! Everything about this meal was flawless, from the prices to the courses to the surprise birthday champagne at the end. Thank you for making this occasion memorable! We will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2014Most outstanding and delightful dinner in Middleburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goldstone Inn is OutstandingMikeLDined on 6/2/2014From the sommelier's greeting, to his farewell, our experience was nothing short of fantastic. My wife and I try to celebrate anniversary (this year timing dictated her birthday) at a surprise (to her) restaurant, in which neither of us had ever dined. Northern Virginia & DC have a wide selection of 4 & 5 star establishments, and Goldstone stands out as our most memorable food, service, and atmosphere. We've been on cruises with specialty restaurants as well, and Goodstone had not one vegetable, salad, or sauce that was not a treat to the palate. The Chateaubriand for two (prie fixe) was the way we went; the Wild Mushroom Strudel was to die for... Just the entrance to this establishment was peaceful and serene. We will certainly return soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceJennVIPDined on 6/1/2014We went to the Goodstone inn to celebrate a birthday and an anniversary this past week, and it was an exceptional experience. The food was phenomenal, service was warm & excellent, and the ambience is incredibly charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.