3805 Pacific Ave.
Wildwood, NJ 08260Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.goodfishgrill.com/
- Phone: 6097292232x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thurday - Sunday : 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Fairman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from GoodFish Grill
What's a trip down the shore without seafood? Forget about the giant seafood restaurants that are only concerned about table turnover and have standard menus. At the Goodfish Grill, located at 3805 Pacific Avenue in Wildwood, you'll be seated in a cozy environment and served the freshest seafood available with a palate pleasing twist. The word 'ordinary' is not in the Goodfish Grill's vocabulary, from the charms of the building, to the different flavoring combinations of the food, - this restaurant is about more than just food; it's about an experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
GoodFish Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- All around greatAnonDined on 9/20/2013The food was delicious (it's actually not easy to find good fish in some shoretowns). Fish was excellent. Gary ws a terrific host. We love BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great seafoodmelandsteveDined on 9/1/2013Everything we ordered was excellent! The bacon wrapped scallops were incredible, as was the spicy shrimp appetizer which was served over a big bed of spring mix. We shared the broiled seafood combo which was delicious. My only criticism was that for the price of the entree it should have had more shrimp snd scallops and maybe another crab cake. Great service and a byob. Loved the crab chips too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG-GO!CindyLDined on 8/30/2013Four of us looking for fresh seafood and off-the-beaten-path dining, never expected to come across this gem. Although they are still under hurricane damage renovation, our dinner was to die for. Our server, Garry, was topnotch. Dinner was scrumptious. Go for the popcorn lobster alone. GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't get offered dessertAndromakyDined on 8/23/2013Went to Godfish for dinner and at 7:30 pm on Friday night.When our waiter came up to us to ask if we wanted to see the wine list, which we declined, he left and didn't come back for a solid 20 mins. When he finally came back to take our order, I asked my friend "are you ready?" The waiter thought I was addressing him and gave me attitude: "we'll, I has two tables before you!" We ordered their fresh fish. My cod entree came swimming in the butter sauce, which spilled and drowned other contents on my plate. My friend's tuna steak was actually nice and juicy and of a good size. our waiter came later to our table to ask "are you ready for the check?" We paid and left disappointed with the service. The food was ok.Special Features:
- Good Fish no Great Fish!JoeDVIPDined on 8/22/2013Just reoppened andthe food was excellent. Try the charbroiled oysters they are great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat Here Instead!SpellingBeeDined on 8/20/2013We have been going to Wildwood for decades and always hit up the normal spots for dinner. This year we didn't feel like waiting in the sun for an hour to eat somewhere mediocre so we tried this place because they take online reservations. It turned out to be a GREAT choice. The food was amazing, the people were nice and the place was cool. It was like a little place you'd find on the Lower East Side of Manhattan but down the shore. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I scheduled anFRONKDined on 10/13/2012My wife and I scheduled an early dinner because we had tickets for the Fabulous 50's Show at the Convention Center. We arrived ar 5:40PM and were promptly seated. Gary was our waiter and he did a superb job of getting our drinks, meal and dessert in quick order, insuring that we had plenty of time to make the show. We both ordered the Pasta with Crab which was a hugh delicious meal. The sorbet was a nice finishing touch to the meal. We enjoyed the leftovers on Sunday evening. Will revisit the next time we are in Wildwood.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere. The barOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2012Great atmosphere. The bar was extensive. They were easily able to accomodate our party of 6. The food, however, was fair. The lobster bisque had a sour taste to it. The fried seafood combination was tasteless. The scallops were gritty. The best items we ordered were,the crab cakes, clams casino and the burger!Special Features:
- Food was very good, I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2012Food was very good, I had the grouper and my wife had the red snapper. Both were great. The surprise of the evening was that on Wednesdays, they feature $2 bottles of wine, so we had an $18 bottle of Chardonnay for $2. I'd go back againSpecial Features:
- Food quality was very goodDegustationFoodieBoyDined on 8/12/2012Food quality was very good had to remove two stars however as we all made the choice of this place to eat the various. Ran entrees and upon arrival the host told us they had no crab on that day. Now how can a crab joint not have crab considering that 85% of the menu was crab. Also bisque was served in bowl so as expected in arrived curdled when will people learn how to plate a good meal? Scallops where cooked well although the risoto was dry and bland. Great value for portions and quality so chalk it up as get what you pay for party of 8 no alcohol and total bill was $260 including tip we had full apps and entreeSpecial Features:
- Goodfish - NotmeatsweatVIPDined on 8/12/2012We bagan with a Chopped Salad to share among two of us. The salad was good, and ultimately, the highlight of the meal. As an aside, we had to ask twice for plates for our salads, and eventually were given the wrong sized plates. My spouse had the fish and chips. The comment was that the fish was OK, but the batter was obviously left in the fryer a bit too long, resulting in a greasy taste. I had the strip steak au poivre. While there was plenty of pepper to the eye, there was not much to the taste buds. Furthermore, the steak was absolutely smothered in a butter sauce. The sides of mac and cheese- the macaroni was way overcooked; and sweet potato fries - obviously cooked much ahead of time; left much to be desired.Special Features:
- We had a group of 12, withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2012We had a group of 12, with a few children. Seating was great, we were all together. Service was good and they even split the check for us. The food was outstanding! Crabcakes were all crab meat, very little filler. Grouper and other seafood were excellent.Special Features:
- The food was delicious butOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/28/2012The food was delicious but took over an hour to receive our entrees. Our server was friendly and very attentive. The manager on duty was slightly rude but our server made up for what he lacked.Special Features:
- Great seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2012We went there for our anniversary and had a great meal. The restaraunt was very small, but didn't feel crowded. The waiter was friendly and willing to recommend meals. The food had a nice presentation and wonderfully prepared. Bottom line is we found this seafood restaraunt casual, unpretentious, good food at a fair price.Special Features:
- Very small restaurant, notOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2012Very small restaurant, not what we expected, but it was fantastic. Pasta with scallops and shrimp was great. Firecracker shrimp apoetizer was a great reccomendation from our server. Nicky the manager was very present in the dining room, making sure everyone had a great time. We are visiting stone harbor and our waitress gave usgreat advicte on where to take our young kids in wildwood for a fun night. Will be back next year. Great sense ofSpecial Features:
- Go back to Pacific Ave...BbcoachfDined on 7/6/2012Nice little place with a very full menu. We had fresh fish, simply prepared, with some very good sides. The Spanish calimare was good - very interesting taste probably a bit much for a lot of people - but the calimare itself was crisp, not chewy. We will certainly be back, and will also try the place attached to it, Don Pablo's. Very friendly staff.Special Features:
- Small, vibrant dining in WildwoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/5/2012Small, vibrant dining in Wildwood NJ. Crab legs were the best we have had in years; fettucini alfredo contained fresh, tasty shrimp -- more shrimp than we are accustomed to being served. Drinks were served appropriately -- not light on the alcohol as they are in most vacation areas. Fair pricing in a tourist area made this a "find" that we will return to in the future.Special Features:
- I've never given a 1-star ratingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/2/2012The fact that GoodFish Grill got 4.5 stars on Travelocity is an argument to save your money and eat pizza and hot dogs on the boardwalk. Not one of the 4 of us would finish the $12 calamari app because it was too salty. The response? "We use a different kind of salt". No offer to bring something else, no reimbersement, just, "Are you finished with the plate?". If I pay $26 for Halibut, I should not need a knife to cut through the skin. 4 of 4 dishes were overdone. My "risotto" was oozing grease. One rice dish was mushy, the other had undercooked, crunchy bits. And this was Saturday night!
- I would like to say that weFoodMomVIPDined on 5/25/2012I would like to say that we enjoyed our dinner but we left without eating. After waiting for 45 minutes after we came in for our dinner to arrive, we asked where our food was. The waitress said why didn't you tell us you were in a hurry. We answered that 45 minutes before we were not in a hurry but now we were. Almost 25 minutes later after not receiving our food we finally left without eating. The food might be good but we never found out. If you have a few hours to spend on dinner you might want to go there.
- Terrific Little RestaurantJustVisitingDined on 5/13/2012What a terrific little restaurant! Went on a Sunday evening for a quick relaxed meal and we enjoyed ourselves so much that we have made plans to return with friends next time. Although the restaurant is relatively small, the menu is extensive and everything we tried (soup, an appetizer, 2 entrees and a specialty drink) were all excellent. The waitress, Heather, was wonderfully attentive without hovering. The ambience is perfect in my opinion: medium lighting, good music and very comfortable chairs. The decor is cozy: exposed brick walls and funky lightbulb fixtures. Parking was easy with many metered spots near by. Overall, my husband and I were very pleasantly surprised!Special Features: