Goodfellas Wood Oven Pizza
209 Queen Street South
Mississauga, ON L5M 1X3Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Goodfellas Wood Oven Pizza
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.goodfellaspizza.ca/
- Phone: 8554335527x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday:12:00pm to 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm to 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Antonio Danieli Ferrone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Goodfellas Wood Oven Pizza
Goodfellas is a fully licensed restaurant concept that specializes in the preparation of authentic Neapolitan-style wood oven pizza, salad, and Italian inspired dishes. Our traditional home made recipes are created with a rustic Italian "backyard" flavour only found south of Rome. More than just a pizza, Goodfellas it's an exceptional food experience to be shared with family or friends. Whether it’s a quick lunch or an evening out, Goodfellas will romance you with our exclusive Italian wines and dishes that made southern Italy infamous!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Goodfellas Wood Oven Pizza - Best Restaurants in Mississauga ›
Goodfellas Wood Oven Pizza reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (121)special occasion (80)good for groups (74)fit for foodies (73)great for lunch (62)romantic (60)hot spot (48)notable wine list (32)kid-friendly (31)late-night find (27)great for brunch (21)great for outdoor dining (15)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (8)Show More
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Our waiter was rude, didn't pay attention to us, knocked over our drinks on us and tossed our takeaway box at us whilst saying at most, a total of 10 words to us the entire evening. The food was okay but definitely not worth the disappointing service.Special Features:
- Amazing food....Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014It was an extremely busy night so I can understand that the waiters would be a bit frazzled. We waited a bit just to get some water before our order was taken. We had ordered a starter of Calamari. Since we sat in front of the kitchen we saw our order just sit there, and sit....and sit....and sit. We watched it get carried away to one end of the resturant and then back to the kitchen. Our waiter was busy I guess else where that no one knew to bring that calamari over to us which was 10' away. Our dinner arrived and still no calamari. The waiter then realized it wasn't there and then complained to us " the service tonight sucks very bad" Other then that food was great. I wish they would have at least comped us on a dessert or something.
- A bit pricey but good pizza!WestEndCityGirlDined on 8/27/2014I found that the pizza didn't need to be so pricy! More expensive than downtown restaurants! Also, there were fruit flies around our table the whole night so it got a bit frustrating. But service was great and pizza really was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Overall experience was good. However, hostess was rude. We asked to be seated on the patio and she said it was too much for the server to come in and out although there were other customers seasted outside. She then seated the next set of guests that walked in outside and would not look at us. Management was nice enough to move us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big fan of Goodfellas!FleurfeDined on 8/23/2014We just went to Goodfellas for the 2nd time. Love it! The pizza is excellent, the service fun and very good, the atmosphere is energetic and fun. We will be back!Special Features:
- delishfiremanDined on 8/21/2014The best authentic Italian pizza we've had outside of Italy Great entertaining service and comfortable surroundings Her Regal Highness Hazel McCallion was in attendance on the night we were there.Special Features:
- enjoyable evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014great spot for those who like to eat. portions were generous and tasty. service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hopefully an unusual experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/18/2014This was our second visit to Goodfellas. !st time, party of 6, great table - had party platter for apps and variety of pizzas for mains - tons of food!! Second time, party of 4, nice table, did not see food for an hour after being seated - not even bread!! When dinner arrived, (4 different mains - no pizzas) it varied - some thought OK, some totally disliked it. Next time we go (and we will because of the ambiance, great pizza and proximity to home) we will stick with pizza. Server charged us 28 cents for a 28. dollar meal by mistake and was very grateful to be told of the error - just hope this review is received with as much enthusiasm for upgrading customer service.
- Felt like I was in Italy for lunchJamieDined on 8/18/2014This place is amazing from the chef singing along to the Italian songs, to the decor, and of course the food. The pizza is comparable to pizza from Italy no joke. The pizza for two is really pizza for four it's huge. The arancini balls were phenomenal and the hazelnut cannolis were ..... Let's just say a party in your mouth. Crunchy on the outside lined with Nutella and filled with buffalo milk ricotta and the ends covered with hazelnuts. I can't wait to go back and I am sad I never knew of this place before. Quite honestly the best pizza in Peel region go you won't be disappointed I promise you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best.Pizza.Ever. and Pasta :)Deanna8585Dined on 8/17/2014I'm in love with the pizza from Goodfellas. The servers are quick and friendly. I've recently tried their pasta and rice balls too and they were both fantastic. You won't be disappointed by anything you eat and the atmosphere is the icing on the cake. Take a drive to Streetsville... it's so worth it.Special Features:
- Amazing as usualBellabelindaDined on 8/16/2014When it comes to goodfellas I don't think I can complain about the food ever! But I will say our server was rude.. Walked away serveral times when we were asking him for suggestions.... Last time we had Robbie. His service was impeccable! Our table didn't have to ask for anything.. He was on top of his section very well! Over all it was amazing food, amazing atmosphere and as always amazing wine! Love good fellas! So worth the drive to streetsvilleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best authentic pizza around.GinaDined on 8/16/2014This was our first time at Goodfellas. We were impressed with the ambience and our waiter. Our family of four ordered the rice balls and the calamari for appetizers and then two salads and four pizza's, we were stuffed and we needed to take some home. The pizza was the best authentic pizza we've had in a very long time. However the fried calamari was the worst. They were very tough and we had a hard time to cut them. We will however be making a return visit to Goodfellas, it was worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodfellas dinner reviewcannolifoodieDined on 8/15/2014Good Food Beautiful food presentation Over Priced!!!! Hey Wise guys give a little more food for your apps if you are going to charge 20 dollars a plate Cannoli are too smallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014have been there 3 times. first 2 were "good". this time had very bad service and sloppy pizza, soggy, hard dried cheese not like an "Italian" pizza. they have built a reputation for good pizza, but have not lived up to the pressure after expanding. Owner does not care about every quest-to cool for certain ppl. Wont go again.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We all enjoyed our dinner, especially the Italian cheese and meat plank which brought back many memories of growing up ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious pizza-eat in or outCj77Dined on 8/9/2014Good service and food was quick to come to our table (restaurant not crowded though) Pizza was delicious as well as the calamari. We ordered the octopus appetizer and it was tough. The played some good old Italian music but we wished it was a little louder. Our view outside was all construction but it didnt bother us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyablemickieDined on 8/8/2014Took some out of town guests. Great appetizers; however, should of offered more bread with the assorted meats and the mussels being on the small side.Special Features:
- Enjoyable evening!JCMMDined on 8/3/2014Food was very good!!!! We really enjoyed ourselves! We were not rushed. A little tight at our table, certainly not a deal breaker. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian diningzagirlDined on 8/3/2014The rustic decor and excellent choice of Italian music made for a great eating environment. The food was delicious and the server did a great job of tending to our table. I would love to go again, it was a wonderful night out and my friends and we greatly enjoyed ourselves. Best cannoli I've ever had!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- firemanfiremanDined on 8/2/2014Excellent aracini and authentic stone oven pizza Staff was attentive but not over bearing. Will return with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice discoveryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The setting and atmosphere are wonderful. Perfect for a first date, to celebrate as a group or simply wanting a tete-a-tête-à-tête. The menu is not too long, just perfect with a wide range of options. I found the pizza a little pricey and well worth it except for the "kid" option with frozen fries instead of authentic ones. The music was too loud which encourages patrons to speak even louder. Great choice of music.Special Features:
- Poor serviceMike451Dined on 7/31/2014Slow, impersonal, construction noise, dull ambiance
- Food was goodPaulinhaDined on 7/30/2014The food was good. A little noisy, so don't expect a quite romantic dinner. Our waiter wasn't the friendliest or social. But have been there before and had better wait staff. Owner/manager came around to check on us and that was nice. Family atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2014The food portions were large. Service wasn't great. The waiter we had was slow and we were waiting and waiting for the bill...so we had to ask another server to get it for us. Probably wouldn't go back again.Special Features:
- Had a great time with girlfriendsLesliesnipesDined on 7/28/2014Everything was wonderful. My only complaint was that I had wanted to have a Negroni before dinner, a cocktail which I was told was done very well at Goodfellows. When I place my order the waiter came back to say they were out of Compari ( a main ingredient of the drink). Negroni is a very popular Italian cocktail and the ingredients should be kept well stocked (or send someone to LCBO up the street).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentNipponDined on 7/26/2014There was not a single pizza with chicken and when asked the server he said to mimic the real Italian menu and not franchise type menu I have been to Italy and they do eat chicken in small pizzeria!!Special Features:
- MammaDined on 7/25/2014Loved the food everything was great except our 9:30 reservation was delayed until almost 10 mostly because no one whats to leave. The food portions where great. The wine was wonderful also. I will recommend the place to everyoneSpecial Features:
- Excellent FindLoveGoodFoodDined on 7/24/2014The food was fantastic. We started with anitpasti misto and each opted for pasta dishes. I had the pesto and my husband the vongole. The wine on tap by the glass was really smooth too! The atmosphere was relaxed and lively, service was super and the clientele was all ages. The restaurant is surprisingly large inside and the decor is really nice. Many years ago we went to the bar that previously occupied that space and it's simply amazing how they've transformed it into something so beautiful. I can't wait until the construction work on the street is completed so they can bring back their patio area. With the upgrades being made to the street outside, Goodfellas is going to be a real hotspot in Streetsville.Special Features:
- Superb in StreetsvilleJohnFVIPDined on 7/24/2014This was our first time here. In a super busy lunch we were met with smiling faces while carrying dishes. It was a pleasure to see such enthusiasm for the hostess and waitress. Georgia was our server and was a true gem in allowing us to take our time and enjoy. Special requests were no problem. The polipo was incredible and appetizer through desert was an experience that rivaled the best in New York City. Congratulations on a wonderful and well run establishment!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh what a night!MOMWOWDined on 7/23/2014Great evening with our granddaughter! Great food, amazing waiter, and a most enjoyable visit. A definite return visit to come! 7 grandchildren! Beware of Nutella pizza dessert! Great for breakfast though!Special Features:
- Yummy!!DarKevDined on 7/23/2014Just spent a few weeks in italy....goodfellas brought me back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third visithungrygrampsDined on 7/20/2014Food was good, as it also was on our other two visits. The area we were seated in (underneath a giant clock with the current time in Rome) was extremely noisy and we nearly left before ordering but were very hungry and didn't want to go elsewhere. At times the music was too loud and everyone in the area was shouting to be heard by their table-mates. We were also very close to a large family party with several very loud and rambunctious children. We enjoyed our first two visits and were looking forward to dining there again. Next time we will get take-out so we can enjoy the food. We were very pleased with our first two visits but have cancelled plans to take guests there.Special Features:
- AmazingMare77Dined on 7/17/2014Good portions were HUGE but so good! Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014I brought customers there for dinner on a Thursday night, we sat on the patio and had a wonderful time, the wine was excellent, and the stone baked pizza was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RissDined on 7/14/2014Great, authentic Italian food. Wonderful find and great service.Special Features:
- AmazingYvesDined on 7/12/2014Pizza was huge and fantastic, and pasta was amazing! Would definitely go back. Wasn't too expensive too and they had an accordion player. Very cool!Special Features:
- Food okluvpizzaDined on 7/12/2014Party of 5 on a hot summer Sat. evening. The restaurant was warm -- windows removed, doors open; with the heat from pizza oven, it was very warm -- no a/c. The restaurant was very noisy. With a reservation and a request for a quieter table, they put us right at the door in a very heavy traffic area. The service was spotty. Appetizers ok -- octupus and an antipasto platter. The tables are small -- the platters large -- limited room. The pizzas were ok -- crust was difficult to cut on our plates -- asked for a sharper knife. The accordian player came into the restaurant made it difficult to have a conversation.. Restaurant was noisy (kids screaming), busy and challenging to have conversations.Special Features:
- BEST AND ONLY REAL PIZZA WITH CLASSmarilyndDined on 7/12/2014No other Italian restaurant can compete or hold a candle to this gem. Good Fellas is Streetsville. I knew from the moment it was being built it was going to be perfect inside and out, food is awesome. Best pizza, the best crust ever. Anywhere else, was a waste of our time and money. Same waitstaff from a year ago, which is pretty unique nowadays. The atmosphere and décor is as though you are sitting in a restaurant in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love2eatlove2eatDined on 7/8/2014Great pizza, nearby, good atmosphere. Will definitely recommend to friends and familySpecial Features:
- Wonderful experienceSlacorteDined on 7/7/2014The service was friendly and attentive, the wood oven pizza was incredible and the menu was very reasonably priced. I would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.