661 Midland Ave
Garfield, NJ 07026Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.goodfellasnj.com/
- Phone: 9734784000
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 12:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Sunday: 12:30 - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm; Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 3:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Amauri Rosario
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room available for groups from 20 to 60 guests. Open sitting events up to 100 guest. Full bar and private service room.
- Private Party Contact: Joe Scrittorale 9734784000
- Entertainment: Live entertainment every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
A word from Goodfellas Ristorante
Experience the pleasures of exceptional Italian cuisine in a warm, comfortable atmosphere. GoodFellas superb chef creates traditional favorites and unique specials with only the finest quality seasonal ingredients. Savor the flavors of delicious homemade pastas, fresh seafood, chicken, veal and beef dishes. GoodFellas menu is enhanced with an extensive wine list and alluring selection of specialty cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Goodfellas Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (5)neighborhood gem (4)special occasion (4)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)fit for foodies (2)late-night find (1)good for groups (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Goodfellas = Good foodJerseyJohnDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I had a very enjoyable meal. The service was attentive, the food delicious, and the beverages were very good. Before dinner, my wife had a French martini which she thoroughly enjoyed. Equally good was the Flounder Francese that I had and the Lobster Ravioli my spouse selected. We will definitely return both for beverages at the bar and dinner in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 6/13/2014The entire dining experience was top notch. And the valet was very helpful.Special Features:
- Saturday date nghtOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2014Went for a dinner for two with my spouse. The food was very good. Her pasta vodka sauce was nice, but the pasta itself as overcooked. Ambience was noisy due to DJ playing music a little too loud for our tastes.Special Features:
- Great nightChrisfDined on 5/23/2014Sammy is back! Thanks guys everything was great. Carpaccio is recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 24 reviews are from the Goodfellas Ristorante reviews archive.
- Closed on SundaysHungryDined on 3/23/2014Hours listed as open on Sundays. Made online reservation. Drove 30 minutes with family. Doors locked and lights out.
- Goodfellas RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/22/2014We were amazed blow away everything about this restaurant was perfect the food was outstanding very nice portions clean place moderate prices nothing exaggerating very good service from beginning to the end my mother was very happy for her special day we can't wait to go back again and enjoying another amazing dinner night at this wonderful placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodfellas ChangedFox65Dined on 3/20/2014Had been there months ago, much better dining experience in every way. Possibly the chef and wait staff has changed??? Carpaccio was frozen, and wait staff dumped chocolate sauce over Zeppoles to take home - who does that??? Sauce should have been put in small separate container. My friends and I drove from Mahwah, sorry to say, we will not be returning.
- Sam is back!AnnMVIPDined on 3/14/2014The host, Sam, is back! The restaurant has good food, atmosphere and service, but it lost something when it lost Sam. I'll be coming around more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sausage lasagnadeanDined on 2/15/2014if you put sausage in lasagna its called sausage lasagna, not Meat Lasagna. the waitress was a diner waitress. she was very nice, sweet, but had little experience in the service business. for the money Goodfellas charges, i expected, and have had, much better for less. your valet asked me what kind of car i drove in....there was only 1 other couple in the restaurant....the rest of the cars were employees...do employees valet park to? i wouldnt be standing here in the snow if i parked it myself. really poor experience.
- I went for Valentines Day.ANGELINODined on 2/14/2014I went for Valentines Day. It was a very nice atmosphere. Food was excellent. Love the music (not too loud just right)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLuisDined on 2/14/2014Waiter was clueless, the valentines say menu was condensed and not posted anywhere on their website. Poor choices on the menu. Great decor... Nice lighting.. Romantic setting... But the service was not good, food was bland and boring... Manager was very nice but at that point myself and the two tables next to me had enough.Special Features:
- Surprisingly goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2014We ended up here by chance. Didn't know what to expect. Enjoyed our meal very much!Special Features:
- Pleasant experienceGinoVIPDined on 2/1/2014My wife and I had dinner here this past weekend. Table placements are a bit crowded but apart from that everything was great. I had the veal and my wife had the "zuppa di pesce", both very good and ample portions. Service was friendly and efficient and we both enjoyed the evening. The place isn't located in the best area but I would recommend it because the food was worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu. Food was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/17/2014Great menu. Food was wonderful. Service was so so. Staff was unattentive and slow. They had to be waved down for water and basic service. At these prices the service needs to be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Embarrassing and dreadfulFluffygesDined on 12/31/2013We were given menus and we're told they were out of several appetizers and entrees listed on the very limited menu. That was pretty bad. Even worse, there were options on the menu that required an extra $15 or $10 for that entree above the $85 pp cost. We waited quite awhile for apps and when they came, only 3 out of the 6 of us were We waited 10 more minutes for the other diners to get their apps. Finally, my husband grabbed the waiter and asked where the food was, and he replies that they were now out of another soup and shrimp cocktail, and the veal entree ad well! We had not had any manager or anyone even bothering to care. Finally, we were so angry, we got up and left. No one bothered to stop us. It was really a horrible experience.
- Great Place, Great FoodmommieshopsDined on 12/21/2013I can't wait to go back. Since my first visit, I've been back 2 more times. My new favorite restaurant. Wait staff very attentive, food delicious. I don't think you could have a bad meal here. My favorite, carbonara, just delicious. Appy's what we've tried, all delicious. I'm afraid I won't try anything else I loved the carbonara so much. All my friends equally enjoyed their food...linguini in white clam sauce, a chicken dish and an eggplant dish. Shared zeppolli's for dessert, so great. Bar area nice to relax, the 3 times I've been more of a middle to older crowd. Also, medium size group celebrating birthday and a Christmas gathering, everyones dishes looked great. Portions are large, I think the value is here. You won't regret.Special Features:
- Excellent Food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2013The four of us go out to dinner just about every Saturday.Goodfellas is only blocks away and just never went there. We decided to go the Saturday before Christmas. I was slightly disappointed when the waitress told me the appetizer I chose was not ready yet. ( it was 7:30 pm) and they just didn't have the stuffed mushroom appetizer my husband ordered. One of our party had the calamari and everyone at the table loved it. For dinner I had a homemade pasta dish that was incredible, my husband said his veal saltiboca was the best ever. Well, everything was excellent. On the downside it is expensive. For us, it will be for special occasions. We will absolutely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Goodfellas!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/30/2013First time dining here. Nice variety of choices. Food was very flavorful and ample portions. Service was attentive without being in-your-face. Nice cozy atmosphere, although suprisingly a little noisy. Would surely go back.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodRick85Dined on 11/26/2013Food Was very good, place is nice and romantic, service seemed attentive to other tables but our waiter forgot about us after he brought out our entrees, other than that everything was awesome. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!kradFoodieNJDined on 11/7/2013This restaurant was fabulous! Service...Food...drinks... All of it!Special Features:
- GoodJohannaDined on 11/3/2013I'm not much of an Italian food junkie, however I did enjoy my pasta. My boyfriend ordered a smoke salmon and his plate was delicious. The portions are a good size. The decor and ambience of the restaurant are really nice - has a nice romantic feel to it. The staff is very friendly. Overall we enjoyed our dining experience and would come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Gio1234Dined on 11/2/2013Everything at our table was delicious... We almost licked our plates clean. Chicken scarpariello was my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodfellas whacks the competition !LuvtoeatDined on 10/24/2013Great food,great atmosphere! This is the place where the heads of all the families will want to meet!! For any occasion , they'll make you a offer you can't refuse!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL!!!restaurantexplorerVIPDined on 9/28/2013We had an outstanding meal here! The food was delicious and the service was wonderful. There was music in the bar area which flowed into the dining room (making for nice ambiance). Just a fabulous evening!!! Looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Hereda6186Dined on 9/13/2013The restaurant has been around awhile, but it was our first time. Definitely visiting again in the nea future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeRedheadDined on 8/10/2013Food was outstanding! Highly recommend . Unfortunately a few if the desserts were out of didn't get Their delivery. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayRichDined on 5/12/2013Great Service and Great Food. It fit the occasion well!Special Features:
- Great job. Even accommodatedRonnie207Dined on 4/18/2013Great job. Even accommodated one of our party being allergic to garlic. No easy feat in an Italian restaurant. YAY!