Goode Co. Seafood - Katy Freeway
10211 Katy Freeway
Houston, TX 77024Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Goode Co. Seafood - Katy Freeway
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.goodecompany.com/restaurant-seafood2
- Phone: 7134647933x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Levi Goode
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Goode Co. Seafood - Katy Freeway
Determined to recreate an atmosphere from the 1930’s, back when Tarpon swam in herds off the Texas Gulf Coast, we strive to take our customers back to a time and place that their parents and grandparents enjoyed. We set out on a journey from Port Isabel to New Orleans to find the finest photographs that are still intact from that time period to adorn the walls of our Gulf Coast seafood house. We also acquired a 25,000 lb. steel propeller as well as a 1939 Chris Craft Runabout boat and both are on display in our restaurant for your enjoyment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Goode Co. Seafood - Katy Freeway - Best Restaurants in West Side ›
Goode Co. Seafood - Katy Freeway reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (43)good for groups (38)special occasion (37)fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (33)romantic (12)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (6)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great experience for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014Had friends from Calgary, CA come in and we took them here for dinner. They could not believe how amazing the food, service and setting was for the whole night. A lot of fun had by all.Special Features:
- Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Our service was prompt and courteous, food portions were generous and well-prepared, abc the ambience was airy and casual without being too noisy. We will visit again -- and bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was over the topOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014From the time our group arrived we were greeted and treated royally. We especially want to thank your waitstaff for being able to handle such large group and cater to our every needs.Special Features:
- our first visitwelovegoodfood2Dined on 10/4/2014I came across this restaurant by browsing the internet there were many wonderful reviews so for our 33rd wedding anniversary we decided to give it a try & we were so glad we did! Everything was great the food was totally delicious! i do hope that we can visit again B4 our next anniversary which is 10/3- that a long time when good food is involved. The crab & shrimp cocktail was like nothing we had ever taste, simply delicious we both ordered the seafood platter, my husband said the oysters were the best he had ever had, I agreedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating 92 yearsMusictchr2Dined on 10/4/2014We were celebrating a special 92 yr. old's birthday. 12 met there on a Saturday night. We don't see this special woman as often as we would like so this was very important. From the time we arrived until we "waddled" out from being stuffed, we received the very best care and attention from our fabulous server, Bailey. We are a lively bunch and she handled all of us with great ease and patience. The 2 1/2 hrs. we spent there, we savored the most delicious meals. From the Gumbo soup to the Texas Shrimp to the Seafood Platter. We also enjoyed their tasty wines and specialty drinks. From the entire "T Family" thank you for making this occasion, very very special !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Hope you can find the name of the young man who waited on us. He was on the middle right to right as you face the back of the restaurant. I don't have his name but his calm, well informed, good natured service made all the difference in our enjoyment of the evening. Good food and wonderful service --now there's a winning combination!!Special Features:
- Two great experiencesJustCandaceDined on 9/27/2014My first time visiting was for my friend's birthday gathering. A family member recommended this restaurant because they have a wonderful selection of seafood at reasonable prices. So when we went to for my friend's birthday I knew then that I wanted to have my birthday gathering there as well. In order to reserve the private room there is a $950 minimum which was a little annoying but business is business and I understand. I had a gathering of 20 people and everyone enjoyed their time there. The campechana is my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fish in townAuntieBooDined on 9/25/2014Always delicious seafood at Goode Co. The Hwy 10 location has great atmosphere - a beautiful CrissCraft mahogany boat sits in the middle of the restaurant, and a huge bronze propeller fills the wall in the bar. The service is extra friendly, and although the room can be noisy, it's a fun atmosphere. The BEST campechana in the world is served here, but also try the soft shell crab, Texas shrimp, and great gumbo; finish off with their key lime pie - all delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Godmother's B-DayFalbabeDined on 9/21/2014We came back again for my Godmother's birthday. She was happy and she was also given dessert for her birthday. The only thing is everytime we come to eat there they are always out of flounder. My dad's always try to order the flounder and they are always out. So that is the only things dissappointing.Special Features:
- Goode SeafoodEatOutRightDined on 9/13/2014Goode does well at all of their venues. The Katy Freeway Seafood location is both comfortable and up to the Goode standards in terms of quality of food, service, and overall dining out comfort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite seafood restaurantKathyVIPDined on 9/12/2014If you want Goode seafood then go to Goode Seafood. This is our go to place. We eat here regularly. Food has always been consistently served hot, the same quality and tastes awesome. You will not be disappointed if you try dining here.Special Features:
- Always enjoyableLinfromaggielandDined on 9/12/2014Have enjoyed Goode Company Seafood on Katy Freeway for years . On this particular occasion...a small dinner for a bride-to-be....we had reservations and the experience was excellent . Our waitress , Laura, was the best ! I hope she is still there the next time I go, because I will specifically ask to sit in her section. We were there for several hours on a Friday night at peak dining time, and never felt rushed by the wait staff to finish so that they could have a lot of turnover on the tables. We were able to visit and enjoy our special occasion . Highly recommend Goode Company Seafood and will definitely return!Special Features:
- Consistently very good2tallDined on 9/10/2014Cajun influenced seafood with lots of choices. Had gumbo and griiled shrimp. What you like in gumbo is so subjective, but it was basic and tastey. Grilled shrimp was flavorful, crispy yet succulent and served with panache. I go here several times a year for lunch and they are consistent with quality service, professional & bright atmosphere and very good food. Excellent choice for a reliable business meal or special night out without going into the ultra-pricey range. I've never had a bad meal or dining experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable...mostlyCactexanDined on 9/5/2014Service can be sketchy, but food quality is usually pretty reliable. Best seafood I've ever had? No, but certainly not the worst either. Special attention given to a party member with birthday, etc. The Goode family does try to give a better than average dining experience and for the most part they succeed.Special Features:
- A restaurant weeks treatDoctorDDined on 8/31/2014The 3 course dinner was a great deal and the ability to help others made it twice as nice. We will definitely go next year. Until then, we will visit monthly as always. The food is always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Goode" as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014Food at Goode Company is typically very "goode." This location does not disappoint, definitely suitable for anyone looking for excellent gulf seafood, either fried or mesquite grilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tomkatDined on 8/31/2014Food was good, a little too noisy and the service was fair. Our waiter was good, just too many table for him to manage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ConsistentMeatDocDined on 8/31/2014We've been coming to Goode Co. Seafood for the past several years and they consistently have very good food, excellent service and a uniquely Houston/Gulf seafood restaurant atmosphere.Special Features:
- nice, but....RestaurantWeekFanDined on 8/31/2014When I made the res I specifically noted it was my parents 70TH anniversary and asked to have cake or something special prepared. When I was called to confirm the res I specifically asked if they had gotten my message about the celebration and was assured that they had. The food was great, then the waitress came out with the deserts to take orders (huh?). I had to explain to her what I had requested. She said she didn't know anything and sent over our waiter. I had to explain AGAIN, at the table with my parents. He left after also saying he didn't know anything & sent over the manager. I explained AGAIN (THIRD time!). When the cake finally arrived, there wasn't even a candle. We have been customers for years & were very disappointed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014i went for the restraurant week event (my 3rd year). Unfortunately i was very disappointed. i wished i had chose another restraurant.
- Wonderful!RosiDined on 8/31/2014Went with another couple to celebrate her birthday. All food was great, service was great, wine was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- smbntexasDined on 8/30/2014We have enjoyed dining at all Goode Co. restaurants since Jim opened his first BBQ location on KirbySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very TraditionalQnessDined on 8/30/2014The food was good, the decoration very traditional, dessert was great.
- GumboDined on 8/28/2014Tried as alternative to Pappadeaux's, long time customer of same. Similiar in price(when you start considering all the add-ons they have and they also make you pay full price for soup), but not so much in quantity and quality.With the abundance of seafood restaurants in the area, doubtul for a return.
- too noisyTexasBobDined on 8/27/2014I enjoy the food and the service, but the noise level even when the restaurant is not full makes it difficult to hear the waiter and to carry-on any conversation without yelling at others at the table. I have probably eaten my last business lunch there due to the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not AS Good As UsualShelleyscornerDined on 8/26/2014I guess with Houston's Restaurant Month winding down, there was a mad rush to get reservations. I've never seen so many full tables! Unfortunately, the kitchen and wait staff couldn't maintain their usual quality of food or service.Special Features:
- Goode as usualMuncherDined on 8/26/2014We have always enjoyed dining at Goode Co. Seafood. Their Restaurant Week menu was excellent and generous. I expected a smaller piece of their yummy pecan pie but it was the usual giant size. When family comes to town, that is their first pick for gulf seafood.Special Features:
- ServiceVivMilesVIPDined on 8/24/2014Our server was exceptional ...... we have had this person on several occasions and she is always one step ahead of our needs/wants. She also makes sure that the meal is served in a flow....service you would except when spending much more but appreciate everywhereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightMemawDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I love going to Goode Seafood Co., we enjoy the fresh seafood and the Campechana. The service is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StephenReviewDined on 8/21/2014Goode Co. Seafood is unique. You know you are welcomed the moment you enter. It has an ambience of elegant vitality, with a touch of exclusivity. For a special occasion, it is perfect because it allows you and your guests to be yourselves, no pretense about this place. Warm hospitality complemented by exceptional seafood food. Vibrant restaurant that feels like home, you can stay all night enjoying family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food served fast!GrinkDined on 8/19/2014Great food quality as usual but our entrées came well before we finished our salads. Would appreciate a little more time to not feel rushed.Special Features:
- ForeignerDined on 8/18/2014Grear service. I had a small issue with the selection of wine in the sense that when the requested Prosecco wasn't available they were offering me a replacement at a higher price and wouldn't sell it at the price of the original. No big issue, but a touch of resistance. Attentive staff.Special Features:
- Yummy & CasuallovetxtastesDined on 8/16/2014We went here to treat a friend, and wanted to try their menu for Houston Restaurant Weeks. I've made reservations for dinner before and it never fails that even when we arrive right on time for a reservation we're still asked to wait 5-10 minutes. Not the case here. We walked in, stated our name for our reservation and were IMMEDIATELY seated. It was marvelous. The server was very nice and offered great suggestions. Food came out promptly and was delicious. I had the campechana for my appetizer. It was good, though it could have used a fresh squeeze of lime juice to brighten it up. The red fish was great (I had it grilled at the suggestion of the waiter) and my husband ate every last one of his shrimp. Dessert was also delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Cajun Style FoodWallaceDined on 8/15/2014I was quite surprised that they had good gumbo and the redfish with shrimp dinner offered on the restaurant week menu was in my opinion excellent!Special Features:
- 1foodieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Execellent ...everything is good down to the tartar sauce...favorite restaurant in houston...restaurant week we were rushed to eat which is usually not the case....love love all goode restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014Took my daughter and her husband and we all enjoyed the shrimp and fish.Special Features:
- Favorite seafood restaurantKathyVIPDined on 8/8/2014Goode Seafood is our favorite seafood restaurant. The food is ALWAYS excellent. Service is impeccable. I ordered the soft shell crab dinner. It is one of my favorites. This restaurant could teach others how to prepare and serve food.Special Features:
- Great CampechanaJamesInSugarlandDined on 8/5/2014This is a fantastic Houston restaurant. Their mesquite grilled meals are very tasty. My personal favorite is the Texas shrimp. When dining here, you must try their seafood campechana. It is one of the best appetizers in all of Houston.Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014this was absolutely the best meal I've had in months. Pecan pie delicious, shrimp good, gumbo outstanding. Loved it. Will go back as soon as I can.Special Features:
- Overall a good experienceready2dineDined on 8/2/2014Did not get refill of water, wrong dinner served but everything else was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.