Goode Co. Seafood - Katy Freeway
10211 Katy Freeway
Houston, TX 77024Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Goode Co. Seafood - Katy Freeway
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.goodecompany.com/restaurant-seafood2
- Phone: 7134647933x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Levi Goode
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Goode Co. Seafood - Katy Freeway
Determined to recreate an atmosphere from the 1930’s, back when Tarpon swam in herds off the Texas Gulf Coast, we strive to take our customers back to a time and place that their parents and grandparents enjoyed. We set out on a journey from Port Isabel to New Orleans to find the finest photographs that are still intact from that time period to adorn the walls of our Gulf Coast seafood house. We also acquired a 25,000 lb. steel propeller as well as a 1939 Chris Craft Runabout boat and both are on display in our restaurant for your enjoyment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Goode Co. Seafood - Katy Freeway - Best Restaurants in West Side ›
Goode Co. Seafood - Katy Freeway reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (44)special occasion (42)good for groups (41)neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (30)kid-friendly (9)romantic (9)notable wine list (7)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Goode SeafoodEatOutRightDined on 9/13/2014Goode does well at all of their venues. The Katy Freeway Seafood location is both comfortable and up to the Goode standards in terms of quality of food, service, and overall dining out comfort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite seafood restaurantKathyVIPDined on 9/12/2014If you want Goode seafood then go to Goode Seafood. This is our go to place. We eat here regularly. Food has always been consistently served hot, the same quality and tastes awesome. You will not be disappointed if you try dining here.Special Features:
- Always enjoyableLinfromaggielandDined on 9/12/2014Have enjoyed Goode Company Seafood on Katy Freeway for years . On this particular occasion...a small dinner for a bride-to-be....we had reservations and the experience was excellent . Our waitress , Laura, was the best ! I hope she is still there the next time I go, because I will specifically ask to sit in her section. We were there for several hours on a Friday night at peak dining time, and never felt rushed by the wait staff to finish so that they could have a lot of turnover on the tables. We were able to visit and enjoy our special occasion . Highly recommend Goode Company Seafood and will definitely return!Special Features:
- Consistently very good2tallDined on 9/10/2014Cajun influenced seafood with lots of choices. Had gumbo and griiled shrimp. What you like in gumbo is so subjective, but it was basic and tastey. Grilled shrimp was flavorful, crispy yet succulent and served with panache. I go here several times a year for lunch and they are consistent with quality service, professional & bright atmosphere and very good food. Excellent choice for a reliable business meal or special night out without going into the ultra-pricey range. I've never had a bad meal or dining experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable...mostlyCactexanDined on 9/5/2014Service can be sketchy, but food quality is usually pretty reliable. Best seafood I've ever had? No, but certainly not the worst either. Special attention given to a party member with birthday, etc. The Goode family does try to give a better than average dining experience and for the most part they succeed.Special Features:
- A restaurant weeks treatDoctorDDined on 8/31/2014The 3 course dinner was a great deal and the ability to help others made it twice as nice. We will definitely go next year. Until then, we will visit monthly as always. The food is always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Goode" as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014Food at Goode Company is typically very "goode." This location does not disappoint, definitely suitable for anyone looking for excellent gulf seafood, either fried or mesquite grilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014Food was good, a little too noisy and the service was fair. Our waiter was good, just too many table for him to manage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ConsistentMeatDocDined on 8/31/2014We've been coming to Goode Co. Seafood for the past several years and they consistently have very good food, excellent service and a uniquely Houston/Gulf seafood restaurant atmosphere.Special Features:
- nice, but....RestaurantWeekFanDined on 8/31/2014When I made the res I specifically noted it was my parents 70TH anniversary and asked to have cake or something special prepared. When I was called to confirm the res I specifically asked if they had gotten my message about the celebration and was assured that they had. The food was great, then the waitress came out with the deserts to take orders (huh?). I had to explain to her what I had requested. She said she didn't know anything and sent over our waiter. I had to explain AGAIN, at the table with my parents. He left after also saying he didn't know anything & sent over the manager. I explained AGAIN (THIRD time!). When the cake finally arrived, there wasn't even a candle. We have been customers for years & were very disappointed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014i went for the restraurant week event (my 3rd year). Unfortunately i was very disappointed. i wished i had chose another restraurant.
- Wonderful!RosiDined on 8/31/2014Went with another couple to celebrate her birthday. All food was great, service was great, wine was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- smbntexasDined on 8/30/2014We have enjoyed dining at all Goode Co. restaurants since Jim opened his first BBQ location on KirbySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very TraditionalQnessDined on 8/30/2014The food was good, the decoration very traditional, dessert was great.
- GumboDined on 8/28/2014Tried as alternative to Pappadeaux's, long time customer of same. Similiar in price(when you start considering all the add-ons they have and they also make you pay full price for soup), but not so much in quantity and quality.With the abundance of seafood restaurants in the area, doubtul for a return.
- too noisyTexasBobDined on 8/27/2014I enjoy the food and the service, but the noise level even when the restaurant is not full makes it difficult to hear the waiter and to carry-on any conversation without yelling at others at the table. I have probably eaten my last business lunch there due to the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not AS Good As UsualShelleyscornerDined on 8/26/2014I guess with Houston's Restaurant Month winding down, there was a mad rush to get reservations. I've never seen so many full tables! Unfortunately, the kitchen and wait staff couldn't maintain their usual quality of food or service.Special Features:
- Goode as usualMuncherDined on 8/26/2014We have always enjoyed dining at Goode Co. Seafood. Their Restaurant Week menu was excellent and generous. I expected a smaller piece of their yummy pecan pie but it was the usual giant size. When family comes to town, that is their first pick for gulf seafood.Special Features:
- ServiceVivMilesVIPDined on 8/24/2014Our server was exceptional ...... we have had this person on several occasions and she is always one step ahead of our needs/wants. She also makes sure that the meal is served in a flow....service you would except when spending much more but appreciate everywhereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightMemawDined on 8/21/2014My husband and I love going to Goode Seafood Co., we enjoy the fresh seafood and the Campechana. The service is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StephenReviewDined on 8/21/2014Goode Co. Seafood is unique. You know you are welcomed the moment you enter. It has an ambience of elegant vitality, with a touch of exclusivity. For a special occasion, it is perfect because it allows you and your guests to be yourselves, no pretense about this place. Warm hospitality complemented by exceptional seafood food. Vibrant restaurant that feels like home, you can stay all night enjoying family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food served fast!GrinkDined on 8/19/2014Great food quality as usual but our entrées came well before we finished our salads. Would appreciate a little more time to not feel rushed.Special Features:
- ForeignerDined on 8/18/2014Grear service. I had a small issue with the selection of wine in the sense that when the requested Prosecco wasn't available they were offering me a replacement at a higher price and wouldn't sell it at the price of the original. No big issue, but a touch of resistance. Attentive staff.Special Features:
- Yummy & CasuallovetxtastesDined on 8/16/2014We went here to treat a friend, and wanted to try their menu for Houston Restaurant Weeks. I've made reservations for dinner before and it never fails that even when we arrive right on time for a reservation we're still asked to wait 5-10 minutes. Not the case here. We walked in, stated our name for our reservation and were IMMEDIATELY seated. It was marvelous. The server was very nice and offered great suggestions. Food came out promptly and was delicious. I had the campechana for my appetizer. It was good, though it could have used a fresh squeeze of lime juice to brighten it up. The red fish was great (I had it grilled at the suggestion of the waiter) and my husband ate every last one of his shrimp. Dessert was also delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Cajun Style FoodWallaceDined on 8/15/2014I was quite surprised that they had good gumbo and the redfish with shrimp dinner offered on the restaurant week menu was in my opinion excellent!Special Features:
- 1foodieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Execellent ...everything is good down to the tartar sauce...favorite restaurant in houston...restaurant week we were rushed to eat which is usually not the case....love love all goode restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014Took my daughter and her husband and we all enjoyed the shrimp and fish.Special Features:
- Favorite seafood restaurantKathyVIPDined on 8/8/2014Goode Seafood is our favorite seafood restaurant. The food is ALWAYS excellent. Service is impeccable. I ordered the soft shell crab dinner. It is one of my favorites. This restaurant could teach others how to prepare and serve food.Special Features:
- Great CampechanaJamesInSugarlandDined on 8/5/2014This is a fantastic Houston restaurant. Their mesquite grilled meals are very tasty. My personal favorite is the Texas shrimp. When dining here, you must try their seafood campechana. It is one of the best appetizers in all of Houston.Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014this was absolutely the best meal I've had in months. Pecan pie delicious, shrimp good, gumbo outstanding. Loved it. Will go back as soon as I can.Special Features:
- Overall a good experienceready2dineDined on 8/2/2014Did not get refill of water, wrong dinner served but everything else was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite seafood restaurantKathyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Goode Seafood is our favorite restaurant to eat seafood. The food is always impeccably done, service very good, and one of our places we go to on a regular basis.Special Features:
- Best Seafood in HoustonjabagolfDined on 7/27/2014I have been to Goode Co. Seafood many many times with my wife, clients and family. They have the best seafood selection in Houston and it is prepared perfectly everytime. So when my parents asked for me to pick out my favorite restaurant for my birthday dinner, it was an easy decision.
- First time thereCakewalkVIPDined on 7/21/2014Was in Houston for business. Looked for a place to host a dinner. Could not have been happier. Outstanding food, service, decor and wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoylovefishDined on 7/19/2014The fish was very good and the atmosphere is always great. My only complaint: no bleu cheese olives for my martini!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Food was good, but Halibut portion was smaller than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, OK serviceluv2dineDined on 7/19/2014Food was excellent; wish I could say the same for service. We waited quite awhile to be served, even watched the table behind us who were seated after us get served before us. We were seated right next to the service station, which was bad enough, but worse when you had multiple servers there laughing while we were attempting to have a conversation even over all of the noise throughout the restaurant. The table was also close to the front door so unfortunately were forced to see every person who entered and exited the restaurant as well as everyone lingering in the doorway waiting for a table. Definitely would not recommend if you are looking to have an intimimate evening dinner.
- Good SeafoodSalGalVIPDined on 7/16/2014I'm a gulf coast seafood fanatic. Good Company fits my idea of good, always fresh seafood. Any kind of grilled anything is great. We especially love the grilled shrimp. I'm gluten-free. The shrimp & catfish I've had are drenched in corn flour. Yum! Wine list isnt too bad, either. This is a noisy place when it starts to fill up. We'll be back.Special Features:
- An excellent experienceRandallDined on 7/13/2014Dined with a party of 5. We had a great server throughout the meal. Oysters on the half shell were fresh and presented well. Dishes of grilled snapper, redfish, and halibut were all prepared and presented well. Fish is always so fresh here and there method of grilling imparts a wonderful flavor. The campechana appetizer is always a treat.Special Features:
- pickytopleaseDined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed such a lovely meal celebrating my husband's birthday with our teenage son on our first visit to Good Co. Seafood! Every detail of our experience was perfect from our our meal to the service, ending with a beautiful slice of chocolate cake. The campechana was delicious as well as our other entrees of grilled trout/shrimp and fried catfish. We look forward to returning soon and our son has decided that's where he wants to go on his birthday too!Special Features: