Good Wolfe Kitchen & Bar
1043 Mainland Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 5P9Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Good Wolfe Kitchen & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.goodwolfe.ca/
- Phone: (604) 428-1043
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Wednesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: from 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Contemporary French / American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Josh Wolfe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night
A word from Good Wolfe Kitchen & Bar
GoodWolfe kitchen & bar is first and foremost a friendly neighbourhood restaurant. We celebrate the finest of ingredients and strive to create the most memorable meal possible in a unpretentious and welcoming environment. We create west coast inspired food with a European edge. The wine list is made up of wines from around the world and we pride ourselves on a constantly updated cocktail and beer menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Good Wolfe Kitchen & Bar - Best Restaurants in Yaletown ›
Good Wolfe Kitchen & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (47)great for outdoor dining (38)neighborhood gem (34)good for groups (21)great for brunch (14)hot spot (14)special occasion (13)great for lunch (12)notable wine list (10)vibrant bar scene (9)romantic (7)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Rushed ServiceFredDined on 6/20/2014We got the impression our server was trying to turn over his tables as fast as he could. He was impatient and made us feel hurried. My fries were burnt and as I looked around most others seemed the same. Great steelhead pastrami however and servings of chorizo and fish and chips were ample. Nice batter on the fish.Special Features:
- Food good butPPQSDined on 6/13/2014Billy Joel loud inside? Not a large choice, unadvertised crunchy bits in the asparagus salad, tender and tasty lamb.Special Features:
- Richard fergusonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014We arrived for a 6pm dinner appointment (9 people) We were greeted, seated and served very quickly. We had great service from Richard and team at Good Wolfe The appetizers were excellent, and the meals were exceptional. The staff of a good Wolfe also provided an impromptu "happy birthday" to close out our dinner with the delivery of our desserts. Thank you again and we would come back again The burrowing Owl Syrah is an excellent choice for redSpecial Features:
- tommyjoDined on 6/7/2014We had a wonderful evening at Good Wolfe. There was a minor problem in our booking attempt, as the computer continued to book for 2 people, rather than a table for 4 that we had requested, I spoke directly to Richard at the restaurant, and he fixed the problem immediately, booking the exact time that we had wanted. The table was ready for us on arrival. We will be returning again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/30/2014Really great service. Our waiter Charles was just the greatest and made my our visit very enjoyable. The rest of the staff were really nice as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a waitressFood4ThoughtDined on 5/24/2014She was attentive friendly and so busy but always there with a smile for us 7 guys. Can I hire her for events? Oh and the food was good,no great, too. Will go back and recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service!VivianDined on 5/23/2014Had a great night out with friends at this restaurant! Their ingredients are always fresh. We are regulars here. My husband and I come to this restaurant at least once a week. Our favorite are the Cornish Hen, the Ribeye steak and the Fried Squid!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodWhymustiDined on 5/17/2014Went for an early Saturday night dinner. All four of us had a great meals and great service. Lamb tenderloin, lasagna, scallop carbonara and spot prawns were all delicious. Will return!Special Features:
- What good cocktails Mr WolfFullStomachDined on 5/15/2014We had a terrific night at The Good Wolf Restaurant. The ambience was great, the food fantastic and the cocktails fresh and unique. The owner of the restaurant was welcoming, attentive and very fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable service!purplemonkeyDined on 5/11/2014Went here for a Sunday evening date. I had made a reservation and they let us pick a table even though we arrived about 15 minutes early. We had several different waiters (bread, wine/food and water refills), and the owner or head chef came by in the middle of our meal to make sure we were enjoying the dinner. They were all very friendly and inviting. We ordered the ratatouille lasagna and vegetable pot de feu, which were both beautifully presented and importantly delicious!! Two thumbs up, would be more than happy to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There are better optionsNickDined on 5/11/2014I went for brunch on Mother's Day. Proved to be not a great idea. While service is good, the menu was really short in options. There are much better options in the neighborhood!
- I'll Huff & Puff & Wolf it all downKingofSwingVIPDined on 5/11/2014When Josh and Richard got together something magic was bound to happen. It has and continues to be a gastronomic gem. Good Wolfe applies all of the panache and expertise of executive chef Josh Wolfe's considerable talent to a menu of food that is very approachable. Richard runs the house and a more welcoming approachable, interested, host doesn't exist. The Steelhead Pastrami (steelhead cure like it is Pastrami) is fabulous. In fact I was going to list my favourites bit there isn't enough room. Get there...soon! You owe it to yourself.Special Features:
- Great meal & staff nice patio & barOwenVIPDined on 4/30/2014Had a bar drink which was OK (Bourbon Bramble, too fruity for my liking..) and nice bottle of wine, which was fairly / market priced. Service was attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. Had the asparagus salad and calamari starters. The asparagus salad was excellent and very nicely plated. The squid was good, but nothing notable other than a bit spicey due to the jalapeño peppers mixed in - fried squid isn't my favourite at the best of times. Our dinners were both excellent - Sausage meal and the lamb tenderloin. The lamb was slightly overdone from the med-rare request but still delicious and a quality cut of lamb which can be hard to find. Prices seemed reasonable - not overly expensive and reasonable value for money.Special Features:
- Love the food and the servicekathleenfmVIPDined on 4/19/2014They go out of their way to make you feel welcome, to ensure that you have everything you need, and the food is OUTSTANDING. We've been a few times now and every time it just keeps getting better and better. Love it here!
- First timeSidwain10Dined on 4/19/2014The food was great and the menu size was just right. While the drink prices are good I think the wine prices are too high. The service was good and made some good suggestions. We will definetly be returning.Special Features:
- Great Find. Will definitely go backsharonjDined on 4/19/2014Delicious food. Great for a group of friends. Nice waiters and excellent wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/5/2014Went for a Saturday night dinner, myself, husband and a friend of ours. Made a reso, heard it was a hot spot so didn't want to wait. Not busy upon arrival at 6:45, however it did fill up. My first impression when selecting a drink was $22 for a glass of wine?! That's a bit expensive, and there was only 4 to choose from, I think the cheapest was $18. Dinner was just OK nothing really stood out. The boys had steak frites, I had the pasta. Steaks $42, pasta $26 - not badly priced and great scallops, but the sauce was soupy.
- DisappointingtraveleatVIPDined on 4/5/2014From the service to the food, this restaurant is disappointing, which is a shame because the reviews we're good and the website looked great. Where do I begin?! The service was awful- not only did it take about 15 minutes for us to get our first drinks, the server would ignore some of us. She would ask a couple of us what we wanted, then the next person would start ordering and she just walked away. We were a table of 12 but still- her only table and she was just so slow. The food was low quality- the only saving grace was the house made bacon. Other than that- they seemed to not be able to handle an order for 12 people. About every other dish was incorrect, and most of the food was cold. This place was empty during weekend brunch...
- Yaletown's newest is its bestHSCfanVIPDined on 4/4/2014Great people, food, wine list and menu selection. From unique bar snacks and share plates to savoury comfort entrees. BC wine offerings galore. The only place on the continent where all of Painted Rock's reds are available by the glass or bottle. Excellent options for gluten-free and vegetarian diners. Lots of regular diners here. Fun and warm ambience. Especially love 80s music themed Friday nights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!TOPSZNDined on 3/30/2014This place is truly one of the greats in Vancouver....great service and incredible food! Don't sleep on this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Coq au Vin surprised usshibainuVIPDined on 3/29/2014Our Coq au Vin surprised us when it arrived, as it was served in a white sauce. It was absolutely delicious and terrific value! The shaved salad was also beautifully presented, very refreshing, and adequate for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wish we'd visited before nowMartyVIPDined on 3/28/2014Good Wolfe's appearance on OpenTable actually spurred me to go try it; they've been open over six months which somehow escaped me. Very glad that we finally did get around to visiting, as that was one of the best value meals we've had in quite a while. Charcuterie Plate good, esp. the Tartar which was outstanding. Beef carpaccio was weakest appy, a little under-seasoned but lovely texture. Ratatouille lasagne good, still a little bite left in the chunks of zucchini. Coq au Vain stole the show - perfectly-cooked chicken pieces with crispy skin still on, delicious cream & gewurtz sauce, just enough bacon, and the best spaetzle I've ever had. For $19!? Barely finished it, no room for dessert. GW just went into our regular rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always WonderfulASmithDined on 3/22/2014This was my 4th time eating at Good Wolfe and I think each trip has been better than the last! The Coq au Vin with Spaetzle might just be my favorite dish in the whole city. Service is great too.Special Features:
- Having dinner at the bar tablecrossoverVIPDined on 3/21/2014If i consider this place as a bar, the food is a bit pricey. If i consider this place as a restaurant, then it's too noisy to have a comfortable conversation without yelling. I don't understand why they built a raised platform area because nobody would want to sit against the platform where your face is literally 6 inches away from the foot of the diner sitting above you. We ordered the smoked chowder, deep fried squid and coq au vin - all delicious. The daily special halibut dish was v tasty ($34). Service was friendly except that Mr.Good (one of the owners) only seemed to interact with those who ordered wine. Having a full serviced meal while sitting at the bar table is strange to me. I know i won't return despite the good food.Special Features:
- A good place for a light meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/15/2014A good place for a light meal. Had a salad and steak/frites. The food quality was quite good and the presentation was pleasant. The servings were perhaps a tad on the light side, but I do not regard that as a bad thing, given the enormous servings in other places that encourage overeating. My companion had a halibut dish that was also very well made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy, ok serviceMCDinerDined on 3/14/2014I've walked by Good Wolfe many times and decided to finally try it. The noise level was loud. Had to yell across the table to talk to my friend. Service was spotty. It was busy so we got our food late. She didn't even ask if I wanted another glass of wine with dinner. Felt like her other bigger table was a bigger priority. Don't think I'd want to return here again.Special Features:
- First time at Good WolfeonecrazycupcakeDined on 3/8/2014It was our first time here and the service was great! The food took a little longer than expected and our biscuits were underbaked. Other than that we enjoyed brunch. It was a good experience overall and we look forward to trying dinner and the house made bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new restaurant in YaletownEstherVIPDined on 3/7/2014Had a great time here with delicious meals (coq au vin & braised beef with risotto). Freshly baked bread was a treat to start. The sauce with my coq au vin was rich but delicious, and I especially enjoyed the crispy bits of the spaetzle. I think I could have used a sharper knife to cut the chicken (not that it was tough, but just difficult to cut). The beef was very tender with great flavour. The price of the entire meal (two entrees + two drinks + dessert came to around $70) was very fair. Service was friendly and unpretentious. Definitely will come back!Special Features: