Good Wolfe Kitchen & Bar
1043 Mainland Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 5P9Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Good Wolfe Kitchen & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.goodwolfe.ca/
- Phone: 6044281043
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Wednesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: from 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Contemporary French / American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Josh Wolfe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night
A word from Good Wolfe Kitchen & Bar
GoodWolfe kitchen & bar is first and foremost a friendly neighbourhood restaurant. We celebrate the finest of ingredients and strive to create the most memorable meal possible in a unpretentious and welcoming environment. We create west coast inspired food with a European edge. The wine list is made up of wines from around the world and we pride ourselves on a constantly updated cocktail and beer menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Good Wolfe Kitchen & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (47)great for outdoor dining (46)neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (22)great for brunch (21)great for lunch (20)good for groups (18)romantic (15)hot spot (15)notable wine list (13)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014My wife and I ate here on the last night of our 2 week holiday in Canada, and it was the best meal of our trip. Every dish was fantastic, most notably the lamb tenderloin and the lemon meringue. Service was great too, and our waiter was very knowledgeable about the food and wine while also being good fun. Would definitely recommendSpecial Features:
- Delightful food and servicesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2014We visited late afternoon...Best mussels and chowder ever! Friendly staff! Loved it!Special Features:
- summerdining in yaletownfriendsoutDined on 8/21/2014This was our 1st trip to Good Wolf on recommendations from friends. The food was fresh and delicious and we enjoyed the family style presentation of The Whole Thing menu. However, when we ordered our beverages they were out of san Pellegrino and our white wine was served warm, we had to ask to have it chilled down. We arrived 6:30pm and didn't receive entrees until about 8:30pm and had to ask when it was coming. So we felt the service was not up to par but definitely enjoyed the food and meeting the ownerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place, great food!keysgirlDined on 8/8/2014We really enjoyed this fun restaurant/bar in the Yaletown section of Vancouver. Great food, a good wine list, perfect service and a fun, cool vibe. We started with delicious oysters and I had beautifully prepared local fish and my friend had steak. Both were accompanied by locally sourced vegetables, which were fabulous.I highly recommend this place. I will be back. The bar looked like a nice hang-out too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014Great service, great food, second to none. Owned and operated by a true host who cares, and it shows. Staff was excellent, and the food was great. Thanks.Special Features:
- good for lunchsmwsmwDined on 7/30/2014Quick lunch spot. we had the seafood chowder, fish & chips, and fried squid. Seasfood chowder had LOTS of vegetables, good, and not too heavy. The fish (halibut) & chips were great too, but the fried squid was the best. Loved the back wall chalk/wine design!Special Features:
- Perfect relaxed lunch.bvicDined on 7/29/2014Creative delicious food. The kitchen really knows what it is doing. Service friendly and helpful without being intrusive. Try for a table on the deck. Lunch with wine, taxes, and tip just over $30 a person. Steelhead pastrami was outstanding. Order the deconstructed strawberry shortcake if you are a dessert fan. We would go back tomorrow if we lived in Vancouver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- attentionateQNNYCDined on 7/26/2014great food, friendly and knowledgeable service. Would have preferred a table outside but were told that a big group was coming (they never came!)Special Features:
- Yummy and good valueValorkDined on 7/26/2014We tried out their 3 course set menu for dinner and were completely stuffed and smiling. Started with a tomato mozzarella salad. A nice variety of tomatoes with very fresh cheese. The dressing didn't quite hit the spot though. It lacked the basalmic vinegar that most would traditionally have. The entree was the highlight for me. A chorizo sausage patty over chick peas. The flavours combined were divine. Also came with a side of artichokes that were crispy goodness. Highly recommend ordering that side! One warning though when ordering drinks, their mojito comes as a double automatically which was unknown by us. Double rum is not pleasant when you are expecting a refreshing drink. Apparently most of their drinks come as doubles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning food, lacked atmospherePeggyDined on 7/24/2014Many delicious innovative menu items to choose from. - the atmosphere might be better for a younger audience .(we are in our early 60's and would have preferred a more sophisticated "New York" type atmosphere -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should be GREAT Wolfefunfood4ptgDined on 7/20/2014Found this restaurant online, as was not disappointed. We originally had a reservation, for 2 at 7:30, & needed to change it to 6:30 for 5 people. No problem, very accommodating. We sat outside, & it was very nice. Our server was so friendly & helpful. Our 2 grandsons said it was the best Caesar salad they ever had! The oysters were fresh, the fish & chips were very good, & presented in a fun way. The scallop carbonara was fabulous! We have already recommended the Good Wolfe to friends, & will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not cheap but worth itcheapskate33Dined on 7/19/2014On a 30 day tour this was the 2nd most we spent on a meal, including a bottle of wine. But we felt it was well worth it. Good food, well cooked and served. Knowledgeable servers who contribute to the meal enjoyment. Sensible wine list. What's not to like?Special Features:
- Under the radar goodnessMellowDined on 7/3/2014Great, consistent food. Despite the central Yaketown location and vibe, this is a great out of the way place. All dishes were great and dessert a great deconstructed twist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Wolfe Blew Our House InFrankJOVIPDined on 6/29/2014One of our best meals on a two-week vacation—San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, Vancouver Island. Cornish hen and lamb tenderloin were both superb; service was attentive and engaging, yet relaxed... and fun. My OpenTable request for a table with legroom—I'm 6 foot 10—honored without having to ask a second time when we arrived at the restaurant. A few steps further down Mainland Street, but miles apart from the other restaurants in Yaletown that we visited. Good luck to the good people at Good Wolfe.Special Features:
- Nice find in YaletownOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/28/2014Visited Good Wolfe on a date before a concert and signed up for the Chef's The Whole Thing. The three courses we excellent, and my date was a vegetarian and they were very accommodating. Make sure you say hi to Patrick and Richard when you visit.Special Features:
- Great serviceFoodieguruVIPDined on 6/21/2014We came here for dinner on Friday night and had a great experience. Food was good. Service was outstanding! I'll come back and try their brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed ServiceFredDined on 6/20/2014We got the impression our server was trying to turn over his tables as fast as he could. He was impatient and made us feel hurried. My fries were burnt and as I looked around most others seemed the same. Great steelhead pastrami however and servings of chorizo and fish and chips were ample. Nice batter on the fish.Special Features:
- Food good butPPQSDined on 6/13/2014Billy Joel loud inside? Not a large choice, unadvertised crunchy bits in the asparagus salad, tender and tasty lamb.Special Features:
- Richard fergusonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014We arrived for a 6pm dinner appointment (9 people) We were greeted, seated and served very quickly. We had great service from Richard and team at Good Wolfe The appetizers were excellent, and the meals were exceptional. The staff of a good Wolfe also provided an impromptu "happy birthday" to close out our dinner with the delivery of our desserts. Thank you again and we would come back again The burrowing Owl Syrah is an excellent choice for redSpecial Features:
- tommyjoDined on 6/7/2014We had a wonderful evening at Good Wolfe. There was a minor problem in our booking attempt, as the computer continued to book for 2 people, rather than a table for 4 that we had requested, I spoke directly to Richard at the restaurant, and he fixed the problem immediately, booking the exact time that we had wanted. The table was ready for us on arrival. We will be returning again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/30/2014Really great service. Our waiter Charles was just the greatest and made my our visit very enjoyable. The rest of the staff were really nice as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a waitressFood4ThoughtDined on 5/24/2014She was attentive friendly and so busy but always there with a smile for us 7 guys. Can I hire her for events? Oh and the food was good,no great, too. Will go back and recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service!VivianDined on 5/23/2014Had a great night out with friends at this restaurant! Their ingredients are always fresh. We are regulars here. My husband and I come to this restaurant at least once a week. Our favorite are the Cornish Hen, the Ribeye steak and the Fried Squid!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodWhymustiDined on 5/17/2014Went for an early Saturday night dinner. All four of us had a great meals and great service. Lamb tenderloin, lasagna, scallop carbonara and spot prawns were all delicious. Will return!Special Features:
- What good cocktails Mr WolfFullStomachDined on 5/15/2014We had a terrific night at The Good Wolf Restaurant. The ambience was great, the food fantastic and the cocktails fresh and unique. The owner of the restaurant was welcoming, attentive and very fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable service!purplemonkeyDined on 5/11/2014Went here for a Sunday evening date. I had made a reservation and they let us pick a table even though we arrived about 15 minutes early. We had several different waiters (bread, wine/food and water refills), and the owner or head chef came by in the middle of our meal to make sure we were enjoying the dinner. They were all very friendly and inviting. We ordered the ratatouille lasagna and vegetable pot de feu, which were both beautifully presented and importantly delicious!! Two thumbs up, would be more than happy to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There are better optionsNickDined on 5/11/2014I went for brunch on Mother's Day. Proved to be not a great idea. While service is good, the menu was really short in options. There are much better options in the neighborhood!
- I'll Huff & Puff & Wolf it all downKingofSwingVIPDined on 5/11/2014When Josh and Richard got together something magic was bound to happen. It has and continues to be a gastronomic gem. Good Wolfe applies all of the panache and expertise of executive chef Josh Wolfe's considerable talent to a menu of food that is very approachable. Richard runs the house and a more welcoming approachable, interested, host doesn't exist. The Steelhead Pastrami (steelhead cure like it is Pastrami) is fabulous. In fact I was going to list my favourites bit there isn't enough room. Get there...soon! You owe it to yourself.Special Features:
- Great meal & staff nice patio & barOwenVIPDined on 4/30/2014Had a bar drink which was OK (Bourbon Bramble, too fruity for my liking..) and nice bottle of wine, which was fairly / market priced. Service was attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. Had the asparagus salad and calamari starters. The asparagus salad was excellent and very nicely plated. The squid was good, but nothing notable other than a bit spicey due to the jalapeño peppers mixed in - fried squid isn't my favourite at the best of times. Our dinners were both excellent - Sausage meal and the lamb tenderloin. The lamb was slightly overdone from the med-rare request but still delicious and a quality cut of lamb which can be hard to find. Prices seemed reasonable - not overly expensive and reasonable value for money.Special Features:
- The following 15 reviews are from the Good Wolfe Kitchen & Bar reviews archive.
- Love the food and the servicekathleenfmDined on 4/19/2014They go out of their way to make you feel welcome, to ensure that you have everything you need, and the food is OUTSTANDING. We've been a few times now and every time it just keeps getting better and better. Love it here!
- First timeSidwain10Dined on 4/19/2014The food was great and the menu size was just right. While the drink prices are good I think the wine prices are too high. The service was good and made some good suggestions. We will definetly be returning.Special Features:
- Great Find. Will definitely go backsharonjDined on 4/19/2014Delicious food. Great for a group of friends. Nice waiters and excellent wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/5/2014Went for a Saturday night dinner, myself, husband and a friend of ours. Made a reso, heard it was a hot spot so didn't want to wait. Not busy upon arrival at 6:45, however it did fill up. My first impression when selecting a drink was $22 for a glass of wine?! That's a bit expensive, and there was only 4 to choose from, I think the cheapest was $18. Dinner was just OK nothing really stood out. The boys had steak frites, I had the pasta. Steaks $42, pasta $26 - not badly priced and great scallops, but the sauce was soupy.
- DisappointingtraveleatVIPDined on 4/5/2014From the service to the food, this restaurant is disappointing, which is a shame because the reviews we're good and the website looked great. Where do I begin?! The service was awful- not only did it take about 15 minutes for us to get our first drinks, the server would ignore some of us. She would ask a couple of us what we wanted, then the next person would start ordering and she just walked away. We were a table of 12 but still- her only table and she was just so slow. The food was low quality- the only saving grace was the house made bacon. Other than that- they seemed to not be able to handle an order for 12 people. About every other dish was incorrect, and most of the food was cold. This place was empty during weekend brunch...
- Yaletown's newest is its bestHSCfanVIPDined on 4/4/2014Great people, food, wine list and menu selection. From unique bar snacks and share plates to savoury comfort entrees. BC wine offerings galore. The only place on the continent where all of Painted Rock's reds are available by the glass or bottle. Excellent options for gluten-free and vegetarian diners. Lots of regular diners here. Fun and warm ambience. Especially love 80s music themed Friday nights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!TOPSZNDined on 3/30/2014This place is truly one of the greats in Vancouver....great service and incredible food! Don't sleep on this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Coq au Vin surprised usshibainuVIPDined on 3/29/2014Our Coq au Vin surprised us when it arrived, as it was served in a white sauce. It was absolutely delicious and terrific value! The shaved salad was also beautifully presented, very refreshing, and adequate for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wish we'd visited before nowMartyVIPDined on 3/28/2014Good Wolfe's appearance on OpenTable actually spurred me to go try it; they've been open over six months which somehow escaped me. Very glad that we finally did get around to visiting, as that was one of the best value meals we've had in quite a while. Charcuterie Plate good, esp. the Tartar which was outstanding. Beef carpaccio was weakest appy, a little under-seasoned but lovely texture. Ratatouille lasagne good, still a little bite left in the chunks of zucchini. Coq au Vain stole the show - perfectly-cooked chicken pieces with crispy skin still on, delicious cream & gewurtz sauce, just enough bacon, and the best spaetzle I've ever had. For $19!? Barely finished it, no room for dessert. GW just went into our regular rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always WonderfulASmithDined on 3/22/2014This was my 4th time eating at Good Wolfe and I think each trip has been better than the last! The Coq au Vin with Spaetzle might just be my favorite dish in the whole city. Service is great too.Special Features:
- Having dinner at the bar tablecrossoverDined on 3/21/2014If i consider this place as a bar, the food is a bit pricey. If i consider this place as a restaurant, then it's too noisy to have a comfortable conversation without yelling. I don't understand why they built a raised platform area because nobody would want to sit against the platform where your face is literally 6 inches away from the foot of the diner sitting above you. We ordered the smoked chowder, deep fried squid and coq au vin - all delicious. The daily special halibut dish was v tasty ($34). Service was friendly except that Mr.Good (one of the owners) only seemed to interact with those who ordered wine. Having a full serviced meal while sitting at the bar table is strange to me. I know i won't return despite the good food.Special Features: