Good Wolfe Kitchen & Bar
1043 Mainland Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 5P9Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Good Wolfe Kitchen & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.goodwolfe.ca/
- Phone: 6044281043
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Wednesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: from 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Contemporary French / American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Josh Wolfe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night
A word from Good Wolfe Kitchen & Bar
GoodWolfe kitchen & bar is first and foremost a friendly neighbourhood restaurant. We celebrate the finest of ingredients and strive to create the most memorable meal possible in a unpretentious and welcoming environment. We create west coast inspired food with a European edge. The wine list is made up of wines from around the world and we pride ourselves on a constantly updated cocktail and beer menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Good Wolfe Kitchen & Bar - Best Restaurants in Yaletown ›
Good Wolfe Kitchen & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (46)fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (36)good for groups (18)great for brunch (18)great for lunch (17)hot spot (14)special occasion (12)notable wine list (12)romantic (8)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- NellieDined on 10/28/2014We had a very enjoyable dining experince! We will be back.Special Features:
- Anniversary Date NightCoupleInLoveDined on 10/18/2014The food was exquisite. Our waiter was fantastic, such a character and personable but not in a bad way. He was a joy to talk to and laugh with. We had a wonderful anniversary dinner date. It wasn't too loud so we could still keep up a conversation. It was a very happy vibe in the restaurant and we will definitely come back. Thank you for having us.Special Features:
- Excellent food and great serviceNYforfunDined on 10/8/2014We sat outside under heat lamps which was quite pleasant. Our waitress Holly was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. We had Tuscan bean soup, pasta ratatouille, short ribs, and creme brûlée for dessert. It was all delicious. if I lived in Vancouver I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great peopleTkatDined on 9/27/2014They were very accommodating reseating us away from the open door to dish washing area and the owner and server were very friendly and fun to chat with. Food is very good although I do notice a change since the previous chef left - maybe down a notch. We had a wonderful time all around and would definitely go back. Do prepare for a noisy room though if it's full - part of the lively atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodfinetushDined on 9/23/2014Service was outstanding, food was very good, but limited menu, a bit noisy and they need to improve air circulation because cooking smells filled the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular FoodMsMartiniVIPDined on 9/20/2014After my party ballooned from 6 people to 13, I worried that upon arrival to the restaurant we would be turned away. Luckily when we arrived, although shocked the manager and staff graciously allowed us to dine with them quickly setting up a table for us. Due to the size of our party we were told that they could only serve us a price fixe menu, family style. Although not what we were originally looking for, this ended up being absolutely delightful. The dishes chosen for us were varied and universally appetizing. Everything we had was not only exquisitely delectable, but enticingly plated as well. The meals here can be likened to the type of comfort food you'd find on a family's Sunday dinner table, if your mom trained at Le Condon Bleu.Special Features:
- A pleasant surprisereservetableDined on 9/19/2014We had reserved for a group of six and enjoyed the meal.. Our server warned the place was full and the kitchen was slammed, but the food arrived very promptly. Service was attentive and pleasant. The menu is too limited and perhaps needs more and different items on the special sheet. The risotto, halibut and steaks were all nicely prepared. The wine list is expensive and there are no value wines on the listing a common failing of Vancouver restaurants , particularly in Yaletown. We had one middling bottle of wine, if it had cost less we would have ordered two bottles. One odd thing Wolf /Wolfe is spelled with and without an "E", depending upon where you look. You would think they would know how to spell their name.Special Features:
- Great food - very slow service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014Our group of 4 waited over an hour for our mains and perhaps as long to get our bill at the end - even after we'd asked for it. They didn't seem overly busy so they need to work on the service. Not necessarily blaming our waiter but ...Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/14/2014Abandoned by the waiter who seemed spacey. Serves overcooked beef and undercooked risotto. Coffee cup size of side fries for $6
- Friendly service, accommodatingJulieDined on 9/13/2014The server was friendly and offered some suggestions of his favourites. The kitchen allowed us to order something that wasn't on the menu, they went above and beyond! Pasta cooked perfectly Al Dente. Really yummy cheesecake with fresh berry coulis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not go back for DinnerSmileDined on 9/13/2014Previously we really enjoyed Brunch and lunch First time we reserved 2 month ahead for supper Extremely noisy inside ambiance poor looking in to kitchen clean up garbage area Service very slow menu very limited / no fish Would not go back for supper or recommend it Too bad previously a great experience in Al aspects outdoors for bunch and Lunch :(Special Features:
- Great service and great food.kdeeDined on 9/13/2014Don't be fooled by the limited menu. It was fabulous and we enjoyed everything.Special Features:
- Very averageFoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014We sat outside prior to a concert on the weekend so that was a very nice setting. The menu was limited which is fine only if the quality is top notch and sadly, this was not. The Risotto didn't seem to be with the right rice so didn't seem to have the right texture, the spatzle was doughy, the breaded squid was overcoated, although tasty. The tomato salad was kind of bland with little dressing. No one asked how the steaks were or for that matter how our meal was after the plates were dropped off. One of our group did say that they enjoyed the steak but may have been trying to appease the host. Overall, a bit disappointing and with all the choices for dining, one restaurant we will likely not go back to.Special Features:
- UnfortunateOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2014The food was very good and normally we would certainly go back and recommend the restaurant to friends. Unfortunately, when our starter arrived before our pre-dinner cocktails, we knew service would be an issue. After we returned the starter until after cocktails, the service became disconnected and never came close to the standards achieved by the food.
- Kims1picksKims1picksDined on 9/3/2014A new find in Yaletown. Very nice server and food was great. An expensive wine list but had house red's that were reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an experienceYumm1Dined on 8/30/2014The food here is good especially the delicious chowder, Caesar salad, fish and chips, was just fish and chips but I think I should have ordered the scallop fettuccine, which looked great, the atmosphere is vibrant with a lively bar crowd and by 6.30 on Saturday it's packed in and out, wine list is comprehensive with some affordable options,as is the menu: Of course what really stands out here is the staff, they are warm, friendly and work together like a Swiss timepiece, making the evening a lot of fun, nice to see the boss getting into the action with the others too.Special Features:
- LOVE!! Great Service Great FoodHotelConciergeVIPDined on 8/29/2014Amazing food, service was great! First time here but won't be the last. The scallop carbonara... delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealKevvetDined on 8/26/2014My wife and I ate here on the last night of our 2 week holiday in Canada, and it was the best meal of our trip. Every dish was fantastic, most notably the lamb tenderloin and the lemon meringue. Service was great too, and our waiter was very knowledgeable about the food and wine while also being good fun. Would definitely recommendSpecial Features:
- Delightful food and serviceslenandjoan2Dined on 8/24/2014We visited late afternoon...Best mussels and chowder ever! Friendly staff! Loved it!Special Features:
- summerdining in yaletownfriendsoutDined on 8/21/2014This was our 1st trip to Good Wolf on recommendations from friends. The food was fresh and delicious and we enjoyed the family style presentation of The Whole Thing menu. However, when we ordered our beverages they were out of san Pellegrino and our white wine was served warm, we had to ask to have it chilled down. We arrived 6:30pm and didn't receive entrees until about 8:30pm and had to ask when it was coming. So we felt the service was not up to par but definitely enjoyed the food and meeting the ownerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place, great food!keysgirlDined on 8/8/2014We really enjoyed this fun restaurant/bar in the Yaletown section of Vancouver. Great food, a good wine list, perfect service and a fun, cool vibe. We started with delicious oysters and I had beautifully prepared local fish and my friend had steak. Both were accompanied by locally sourced vegetables, which were fabulous.I highly recommend this place. I will be back. The bar looked like a nice hang-out too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014Great service, great food, second to none. Owned and operated by a true host who cares, and it shows. Staff was excellent, and the food was great. Thanks.Special Features:
- Solid food604EVIPDined on 7/31/2014always enjoyed the food at Good Wolfe, nice part is that they open throughout the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for lunchsmwsmwDined on 7/30/2014Quick lunch spot. we had the seafood chowder, fish & chips, and fried squid. Seasfood chowder had LOTS of vegetables, good, and not too heavy. The fish (halibut) & chips were great too, but the fried squid was the best. Loved the back wall chalk/wine design!Special Features:
- Perfect relaxed lunch.bvicDined on 7/29/2014Creative delicious food. The kitchen really knows what it is doing. Service friendly and helpful without being intrusive. Try for a table on the deck. Lunch with wine, taxes, and tip just over $30 a person. Steelhead pastrami was outstanding. Order the deconstructed strawberry shortcake if you are a dessert fan. We would go back tomorrow if we lived in Vancouver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- attentionateQNNYCDined on 7/26/2014great food, friendly and knowledgeable service. Would have preferred a table outside but were told that a big group was coming (they never came!)Special Features:
- Yummy and good valueValorkDined on 7/26/2014We tried out their 3 course set menu for dinner and were completely stuffed and smiling. Started with a tomato mozzarella salad. A nice variety of tomatoes with very fresh cheese. The dressing didn't quite hit the spot though. It lacked the basalmic vinegar that most would traditionally have. The entree was the highlight for me. A chorizo sausage patty over chick peas. The flavours combined were divine. Also came with a side of artichokes that were crispy goodness. Highly recommend ordering that side! One warning though when ordering drinks, their mojito comes as a double automatically which was unknown by us. Double rum is not pleasant when you are expecting a refreshing drink. Apparently most of their drinks come as doubles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning food, lacked atmospherePeggyDined on 7/24/2014Many delicious innovative menu items to choose from. - the atmosphere might be better for a younger audience .(we are in our early 60's and would have preferred a more sophisticated "New York" type atmosphere -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should be GREAT Wolfefunfood4ptgDined on 7/20/2014Found this restaurant online, as was not disappointed. We originally had a reservation, for 2 at 7:30, & needed to change it to 6:30 for 5 people. No problem, very accommodating. We sat outside, & it was very nice. Our server was so friendly & helpful. Our 2 grandsons said it was the best Caesar salad they ever had! The oysters were fresh, the fish & chips were very good, & presented in a fun way. The scallop carbonara was fabulous! We have already recommended the Good Wolfe to friends, & will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not cheap but worth itcheapskate33Dined on 7/19/2014On a 30 day tour this was the 2nd most we spent on a meal, including a bottle of wine. But we felt it was well worth it. Good food, well cooked and served. Knowledgeable servers who contribute to the meal enjoyment. Sensible wine list. What's not to like?Special Features:
- Under the radar goodnessMellowDined on 7/3/2014Great, consistent food. Despite the central Yaketown location and vibe, this is a great out of the way place. All dishes were great and dessert a great deconstructed twist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 31 reviews are from the Good Wolfe Kitchen & Bar reviews archive.
- Good Wolfe Blew Our House InFrankJOVIPDined on 6/29/2014One of our best meals on a two-week vacation—San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, Vancouver Island. Cornish hen and lamb tenderloin were both superb; service was attentive and engaging, yet relaxed... and fun. My OpenTable request for a table with legroom—I'm 6 foot 10—honored without having to ask a second time when we arrived at the restaurant. A few steps further down Mainland Street, but miles apart from the other restaurants in Yaletown that we visited. Good luck to the good people at Good Wolfe.Special Features:
- Nice find in YaletownOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/28/2014Visited Good Wolfe on a date before a concert and signed up for the Chef's The Whole Thing. The three courses we excellent, and my date was a vegetarian and they were very accommodating. Make sure you say hi to Patrick and Richard when you visit.Special Features:
- Great serviceFoodieguruVIPDined on 6/21/2014We came here for dinner on Friday night and had a great experience. Food was good. Service was outstanding! I'll come back and try their brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed ServiceFredDined on 6/20/2014We got the impression our server was trying to turn over his tables as fast as he could. He was impatient and made us feel hurried. My fries were burnt and as I looked around most others seemed the same. Great steelhead pastrami however and servings of chorizo and fish and chips were ample. Nice batter on the fish.Special Features:
- Food good butPPQSDined on 6/13/2014Billy Joel loud inside? Not a large choice, unadvertised crunchy bits in the asparagus salad, tender and tasty lamb.Special Features:
- Richard fergusonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014We arrived for a 6pm dinner appointment (9 people) We were greeted, seated and served very quickly. We had great service from Richard and team at Good Wolfe The appetizers were excellent, and the meals were exceptional. The staff of a good Wolfe also provided an impromptu "happy birthday" to close out our dinner with the delivery of our desserts. Thank you again and we would come back again The burrowing Owl Syrah is an excellent choice for redSpecial Features:
- tommyjoDined on 6/7/2014We had a wonderful evening at Good Wolfe. There was a minor problem in our booking attempt, as the computer continued to book for 2 people, rather than a table for 4 that we had requested, I spoke directly to Richard at the restaurant, and he fixed the problem immediately, booking the exact time that we had wanted. The table was ready for us on arrival. We will be returning again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/30/2014Really great service. Our waiter Charles was just the greatest and made my our visit very enjoyable. The rest of the staff were really nice as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a waitressFood4ThoughtDined on 5/24/2014She was attentive friendly and so busy but always there with a smile for us 7 guys. Can I hire her for events? Oh and the food was good,no great, too. Will go back and recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.