Good Enough to Eat
520 Columbus Avenue
New York, NY 10024Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Good Enough to Eat
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://goodenoughtoeat.com/
- Phone: (212) 579-3194
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm, Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm; Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Carrie Levin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Good Enough to Eat
Good Enough to Eat has served American home cooking in the Upper West Side since 1981. Visitors from all over the world come to Good Enough to Eat to enjoy classic American food. They sit side by side with Upper West Side “regulars". The appetite for wholesome, authentic, traditional American food only seems to be growing.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Good Enough to Eat reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (3)fit for foodies (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014We had a reservation for 6 people at 10pm. We were the last diners to come in, and while the staff certainly may have wanted to go home, they were gracious and thoughtful in their service and food prep. It was a lovely spot for dinner.
- Very overratedMikeDined on 8/28/2014The food was ok, but nothing special or great. The service very slow and unattractive-- evidenced by bringing a bread basked when we were waiting for dessert. It also took about 30 minutes until they took our initial order.
- Great but ehTobayDined on 8/4/2014The food was fantastic, the happy hour was fantastic, everything was fantastic. EXCEPT, the bartender double charged us and then when we pointed it out to him on the receipt he knew exactly what we were talking about... It just felt really sketchy, like he knew that it was wrong but wasn't going to say anything if we didn't notice. We left less of a tip because of it which is a shame because the food was great and we love it there!Special Features:
- The following 15 reviews are from the Good Enough to Eat reviews archive.
- disappointingfoodiegirlDined on 7/2/2014Food was mediocre at best. Service sluggish, despite the restaurant being nearly empty.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go back!!!JulesDined on 5/28/2014The steak was amazing. And the brownie was delicious. Good selection of wines and nice service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basic homestyleBreadandbutterDined on 5/27/2014We both ordered the turkey dinner. Good flavors. Not my own stuffing, but "good enough to eat."
- Horrible foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 5/20/2014Everything was bad. Literally not one dish or drink was up to any restaurant standard. Very disappointedSpecial Features:
- good enough to go back to....diner14VIPDined on 4/7/2014I always really enjoy this restaurant when I am in town. The new location is very nice, the staff is super friendly and the food is very good.Special Features:
- "Good enough to eat"corndogDined on 3/24/2014My 9 yr old commented that the name of the restaurant was accurate. We had bfast. Service was good and it was close to our hotel. We didn't have to wait, which is a big deal for a family of 5. The eggs were runny and the French Toast seemed like it had been dipped in water (after it was cooked). Despite the consistency, the flavor was okay. Maybe it was just an off day?
- Great foodConshrDined on 3/15/2014Exactly what I was looking for, great food-s Fantastic service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance. Service not so muchPhilVIPDined on 3/14/2014Asked for fresh squeezed orange juice, received pasteurized, high sugar content kind. Waiter defended it to the max that it was actually squeezed in the morning well before we got there.
- Not Good Enough To Go BackOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/21/2014The food was good but not good enough to go back. Honestly, if you blind folded me and brought me to GETE, then I could have been anywhere on Columbus Avenue. The searing is very tight and you can't help being involved in the conversation going on at the table on either side of you. There should be a law where tables shouldn't have to be moved out by the server just for you to squeeze into the seat. Sorry GETE, but Open Table solicited my opinion (to which I rarely reply).
- Utter and Complete ChaosdevilleVIPDined on 1/20/2014GETE has become a chaotic mess since moving to their new digs. They are rude, incompetent and downright dumb. I cannot for the life of me understand why people line up for this poor excuse for a restaurant
- Entrees were average. ServerPaulVIPDined on 1/11/2014Entrees were average. Server forgot our salads. Asked to deducted off check, but got a big piece of cake I did not want. Off the list. Too many other places around.
- Hearty comfort foodnygalDined on 11/15/2013Three friends and I had a delicious lunch at Good Enough to Eat. The menu is varied so that everyone, meat eater and veggie lover can be happy. Portions are generous and well seasoned. Service brisk and place is usually bustling. You may have to flag down your waitperson for coffee refills, etc. Good value. Great desserts if you have room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No reservations for breakfastOSCMEDDined on 11/15/2013They moved five months ago to Columbus Ave. The spot is nice and the food an service are great. They, however, don't accept reservations for breakfast. A great space for a breakfast meeting.Special Features:
- Neighborhood placeBinkDined on 11/2/2013This is a good, standard and nice spot for folk in the neighborhood but not a place to go out of your way forSpecial Features:
- Disappointing serviceStouneDined on 11/2/2013Told waiter it was pre theater. He forgot to put the order in. Nice enough fellow. Just not an experienced waiter. Not around enough. Had to ask someone else for the bill. It's a place for supper when you don't feel like cooking but they need to work on everything else.