Gondolier Italian Eatery
4800 Baseline Rd
Boulder, CO 80303Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Gondolier Italian Eatery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gondolierboulder.com/
- Phone: 3034435015x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday - Monday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Brian Delka
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full menu available for parties from 10 to 1000. Family style, in-house made pastas, sauces, pizzas, and seasonal specialties. Can accomodate any requests. Please call for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room seats 15-36 guests for sit down or cocktail style dining. Full menu, or preselected options available. Can accomodate any requests, please call for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Nelson Kugel x
A word from Gondolier Italian Eatery
Traditional Italian food, house made pasta, pizza, and seasonal contemporary dishes served in a family friendly atmosphere. Full bar with house wines on tap and 12 taps of microbrew beer. Gluten free pizza and pasta options available. Large parties welcome, private dining room can accommodate up to 36 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Gondolier Italian Eatery - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Gondolier Italian Eatery reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (12)kid-friendly (11)special occasion (7)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (3)fit for foodies (3)romantic (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Service needs improvementLilsVIPDined on 9/13/2014I use to come to this restaurant a lot before it moved to the new location. Was excited it was back open. I was really disappointed in this visit. Service was below average and hoping it was just a fluke. Lots of people standing around and not helping. Took forever to get our order in. Might wait some time before returning.
- Yum, Yum, YumLeahDined on 8/16/2014This was our first trip to the new location and didnt know what to expect. We had a warm greeting at the door and were guided to a nice booth. The interior and bar was very inviting. If you didnt want to sit near the bar, there is a seperate dining area. The menu had several choices that looked very good. We ordered the garlic bread knots, very delicious! Then for dinner we selected the pasta with red sause, mine with a meat ball, my dates with sausage. The thick pasta with the spicy marina sause was so delicious. The meat ball and sausage really completed the plate. For desert we had the chocolate torte and cheese cake. What can I say besides it was YUM, YUM, YUM. We will be back and bring friends!Special Features:
- For people with kids - not usBobinDenverDined on 8/9/2014Family friendly - very noisy. I don't like the thick spaghetti noodles. They are like dumplings in texture. A little lean on the sauce.Special Features:
- NicknameVIPDined on 8/3/2014Very good service--asked for extra sauce and got plenty!Special Features:
- Great foodDiningspecDined on 8/3/2014Love eating at the Gondolier! it is always a pleasure and great experience.Special Features:
- Great Service and foodSuproVIPDined on 8/2/2014Great service and food. Moderately priced Italian food. Hostess needs to get rid of her RBF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loud and food okjrcbuffVIPDined on 8/1/2014Reopened old Boulder Fav but loud and the food was just ok.
- Recommended and will not returnOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014The atmosphere was very loud and the service and food in our opinion were lacking. The fresh spaghetti was more like Udon Noodles, very thick and mushy. The biggest disappointment was the service or lack thereof. Lots of kids and bc there is no sound absorption it gets very loud. We will not be returning.Special Features:
- Very nice meal with local friendsEnglishteacherDined on 7/24/2014This restaurant is a local gem. Great food; good service. make sure you order the garlic nuts as an appetizer; you won't go wrong!Special Features:
- Great lunchHungryITguyDined on 7/11/2014Had the privilege of taking my team to The Gondolier for lunch. The food, drinks and ambiance were perfect. The staff were friendly, personable and knowledgeable. They were flexible to accommodate requests made even though they seemed strange. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Best Spagetti In Town!AyaaDined on 6/19/2014The Gondolier Boulder never dissapoints when you want some of that good homemade spagetti and fresh sauce. It's always a hit, wether it's for lunch or dinner. This restaurant is an old time favorite of mine and will has proved to continue to be. I brought my co-workers here for lunch, and they ALL loved it, and plan to come on their own again, and even bring their families. Thanks Gondolier for making me look good, and my tummy thanks you too!Special Features:
- Father's DayKristiDined on 6/15/2014We had a large family group and they were very accomidating. They took our orders quickly, food arrived quickly and they were very attentive about refilling drinks. Our server was pleasant, easy to talk to if we had questions and was attentive. Overall it was a great place to get together, relax and eat some wonderful food.Special Features:
- NicknameVIPDined on 5/31/2014Especially good service--our waitress anticipated every need.Special Features:
- Always goodKahunaDined on 5/22/2014The Gondolier is a Boulder institution, and is one of the very few places which has maintained the quality and taste of its food through the decades. We had the Carnival pizza this time, and it's as good as the first one I had in '63. Whether the style of pizza or spaghetti is to your liking, the fact still remains that it's a favorite of the locals and will be for some time.Special Features:
- The following 68 reviews are from the Gondolier Italian Eatery reviews archive.
- NicknameVIPDined on 5/16/2014Good, down-home, Italian food! Great Happy Hour options!Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood spotkimjburDined on 5/11/2014We are thrilled the Gondolier has made it to the Park East neighborhood. Its a great family friendly option.Special Features:
- Server needs to speed it upOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Food was tasty as always. The service was way too slow. We came in to eat and it took a long time for her to greet us - when she did she apologized and we're easy-going folk and so downplayed it. Then it took her even longer for her to bring us our drink order, longer for the apps, way too long for the dinner, and on and on. We eventually had to ask a different server for boxes and to ring us up. We were there just for a normal meal and we were there for an hour 15. Too long to entertain even my teenage kids, who then got bored and acted up. I think they server may have thought that because we were easy about the initial wait she could just keep us waiting. Not sure what that was about. Everyone was pleasant and helpful and we'll go back.Special Features:
- Homemade pasta!mcandrewaDined on 5/11/2014Can't beat their homemade pasta! Will be visiting this spot a lot more frequentlySpecial Features:
- Not so garlic, garlic knots.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014Pass on the garlic knots. They're drenched in flavorless butter completely devoid of garlic. Stick with their traditional red sauces. The pasta itself is fabulous.
- Great Italian foodWineLoverDined on 5/8/2014Don't let the strip mall scare you off- Gondolier offers delicious good and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodSuproVIPDined on 5/5/2014Great basic Italian Food. Spaghetti, lasagna, and all the usual suspects. Great micro brew selection. Nothing fancy here but a great family place, with good homemade food.Special Features:
- disappointedhopalongDined on 4/19/2014For years I heard so much about this place. We finally went and food was so disappointing. We had 4 different meals from vegetarian lasagna to pizza to ravioli to chicken picatta and none of the meals were very good. Vegetsble lasagna was served with a ridiculous blob of red sauce plopped on top.Magaritta pizza was oily. I was hoping this would be a place for our family to return to, but its not.Special Features:
- Good meatballsSuproVIPDined on 4/18/2014Good meatballs. Fast service, on a Friday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location for east Boulder.ShanchinDined on 3/29/2014Great location for east Boulder. Please, please get a better wine list!!! This is an Italian restaurant afterall. Service was great, they seated us right away since we had reservations, but food a bit uninspired. It's OK to jazz it up now.Special Features:
- The Gondo is Back!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/18/2014A Boulder tradition, great place for an evening dinner with family and friends. Good food, pleasant surroundings, great place for an evening of Italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and AuthenticJamieFLDined on 3/14/2014The atmosphere of the restaurant is a great mix of swanky and cozy. I loved the decor and everything about the design. My date and I were sat a very comfortable booth and even though the restaurant was full of families, big groups and other patrons, we were able to have romantic and quiet dinner. We ordered the linguine with mussels and the garden salad with grilled chicken. Our meals were fabulous! Our server was also very kind and attentive. She was knowledgeable about the menu and bar selection. Next time I'm visiting Colorado (i'm from Florida) I will definitely return to the Gondolier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad Your'e backMikeKDined on 3/14/2014I have been eating at the Gondolier since I was in high school. It has always been a favorite. When they left the Pearl Street location, I thought they were gone for good. They are, however, back, strong as ever.Special Features:
- inconsistent qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/8/2014Saturday night our food was very disappointing. The meatball, usually the size of a tennis ball, was now about the size of a ping-pong ball - why the portion reduction? Two diners had the chicken parmesan sandwich, which was terrible! I'd had this before, so not sure why that night's was so bad. The chicken was dried out and tough, with no sauce at all on the sandwich. The bread had obviously been frozen and was not the crispy baguette I'd had before. I would think a Saturday night would serve the very best food of the week, but this was one star at best. Very disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally got it rightBldrfoodDined on 3/5/2014First time service as been flawless since the opening in DecemberSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Gondolier is BackTasteBuddZDined on 3/5/2014When i heard the Gondolier was reopening in a strip mall close by i was suspicious. Granted, many of Boulders best restaurant are strip mall located but the last 2 iterations of the Gondolier had been almost embarrassing, not any more. The New Gondolier is adequately decorated, long bar, strong drinks and happy, helpful waitstaff. I have been their 5 times in the last 2 months, maybe a record for me. Their thick homemade spaghetti and meatballs are back on par. I love the Chicken Parm over the Eggplant Parm and the Braised Short Rib over Polenta is outstanding. Haven't tried the pizza yet, which used to be one of their claims to fame. Gotta have Garlic Knots, simple, inexpensive, WOW. Only wish they had specials. Welcome Back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Boulder Classic EnduresCasaCrissVIPDined on 2/22/2014Simple, very pleasing Italian-American comfort food that still hasn't gone out of style. Stick to the basics and you'll have a great meal.Special Features:
- Still strugglingJavaDined on 2/21/2014Problems surfaced from the moment we entered the restaurant. Reservations made on Open Table four days ahead apparently disappeared (diagnostics from OT revealed that my reservation was in the Gondolier's system). The hostess wasn't supportive or very helpful. A manager suggested we wait for a table in the back. We had no choice as it was a Friday night. We didn't have to wait long but were seated at a table near the front door. (I had requested a booth in the reservation.) Two of us ordered "Gondo-tini's". These drinks were liquid salt! The server was mortified and took them back but we had to wait for replacements. My husband ordered a dry rose wine and it too, was...sweet and cheap.The recipes are there but something is missing. So sad!Special Features:
- family dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/16/2014had a family dinner at the restaurant, about a dozen of us. delicious food as always. the new location is great too. the waitress was very friendly, but did not appear to know the bar menu overly well. not a huge deal. but I will definitely go back again as this is one of my favorite restaurants in Boulder.Special Features:
- The location is so much betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The location is so much better then the old!! The servers are friendlier and food is always great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome back!Grandma48Dined on 2/10/2014Nice to have this Boulder favorite back in town. New location, new décor, same great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Fantastic ExperiencekgiacDined on 2/8/2014The Gondolier is a must visit in Boulder. Great food, great ambience, and works well for family or date night. You've gotta try the flourless chocolate torte for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood Italian3plusdogDined on 2/7/2014We love the fact that this restaurant moved to the Meadows Shopping Center in Boulder! It's a great place to grab a yummy, decent-priced Italian dinner with friends or the family. The garlic knots are a standby, along with a glass of wine! We just had the veggie lasagna and it was DELICIOUS! So glad that Gondolier moved to where they did! What a GREAT addition to this side of Boulder!Special Features:
- 4th location for eating at GondolieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014We have been eating at the Gondolier since it first opened on Broadway and still think it is "THE BEST". We are so happy you are now conveniently located in our neighborhood. We have had the pleasure of joining you for dinner three times since you opened. John and Mary Ann FarringtonSpecial Features:
- Confused servers, food poor qualityBoulderdinerDined on 1/31/2014There were 4 different attempts by various servers to serve us entrees that were not ours, and when I mentioned after the second attempt that we'd ordered soup to be served before the entrees, apparently the order for soup was not submitted. The butternut soup was not a soup at all, but really just pureed squash with some seasonings. You could stand a spoon up in it. And the linguine with mussels and clams was poorly cooked (clams and mussels were rubbery). The sauce was watery and the dish was lukewarm.
- Welcome to the neighborhoodNeighborDined on 1/30/2014This restaurant is doing fantastic in our neighborhood! The butternut squash soup tasted wonderfully home made and the caprese appetizer was delectable. I give a noise level of low because there is a space in the back of the restaurant that is intentionally designed for those who want a quiet dinner. The Ambience is very good because it has a very fun, neighborhood feel and the staff is very friendly. I would consider the menu traditional, simple and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.