1304A Second Avenue
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.golosi.com/
- Phone: 2127721169
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 10:00am - 12:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer off-site catering for corporate and family gatherings.
- Entertainment: Please inquire for Pizza Party for your kids with balloons, show, games on a private room.
- Special Events: We offer: Special Lunch at $ 6.99 -Pizza slice -Scoop of gelato -Glass of wine or soda Dinner Special at $ 18.99 -House salad or soup of the day -Spaghetti with meatballs -Choice of dessert -Glass of wine or beer or soda Book your party on our Private Mezzanine before March 31st and receive 20% off!
A word from Golosi
Golosi Paninoteca, Pizzeria & Gelateria Golosi as a casual eatery that's as good for Italian-style lingering as it is for a NYC-style "in and out" quick bite. Traditional paninis, thin-crust pizzas, and homemade gelatos round out the menu of Italian specialties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Golosi reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (3)special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (2)good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Artesian PizzaLuveatingoutVIPDined on 4/8/2014It is a nice place to have a great artesian pizza. The gelato counter is great as well.Special Features:
- Phenomenal pizzaLuncherDined on 2/4/2014Disregard the second ave construction and focus on good pizza This is a really nice place for quick bites. I was thinking Patsy's would be the best pizza in the area but now golosi changed my mind Don't expect a dining experience with table serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for what it is.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/4/2013It's mostly pizza and dishes with red sauce, and plenty of both to go around. I'd recommend it more for take-out than dine-in. Calamari was not heavily breaded or fried, light and chewy. Straightforward chicken parm and lasagne, enough left over to take home for the next night..Special Features:
- pretty decent pizzaFTCNYCVIPDined on 11/25/2013that's about it - but worth it if you are in the E 60's or 70's - skip the ceasar salad - but the pizza I really liked - and Im pretty pickey.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of a surprisetimeflies1VIPDined on 11/12/2013Was looking for a place close to movie theater as we were tight for time and this fit the bill. It is more like a serious pizza place than full blown restaurant. They have a modest beer and wine list. We shared a green salad start which was fresh. I had gnocci pesto and my date had eggplant parm. Both were very good and tasted freshly prepared. The young lady who served us was obviously a serving neophyte as she really didn't know much about the modest menu. There's a balcony area for dining and the poor thing had to run up and down stairs quite a bit to serve us and others. But it was easy to excuse her lack of serving experience as the food more than made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the foodAlB1Dined on 10/13/2013The place decor is HaHa but the food is awesome. After all we all go to eat for the food! Recommended !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is not exactly a restaurant,JunoonVIPDined on 9/29/2013It is not exactly a restaurant, it is more like a pizza/ice cream joint.
- Good pizzaEvanVIPDined on 9/25/2013Pleasant surprise to find good pizza with fresh ingredients a few blocks from our apartment. We plan to go back. It is very reasonably priced and tasted good. Menu has something for everyone.Special Features:
- Upper East Side Surprise!SusieVIPDined on 9/5/2013Pizza downstairs and a small dining area upstairs. Good menu at extremely decent prices and the portions were large and the meal was well prepared and fulfilling! You have no idea that full dinners are served on the balcony above the pizza place. You may have your favorite spot for pizza, but if you are in the mood for pasta, chicken or eggplant with a bill that does not kill your wallet, give Golosi a try. They even serve wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, ambience not so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/1/2013Food was fantastic but if you are looking for more of a romantic italian restaurant then this is not it. Feels like more of a pizza place than an Italian restaurant. That said, food and service was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD! A REAL FIND!BillyinMiamiVIPDined on 8/29/2013I tried this restaurant because it was closeby to where I Live....and WOW! A WINNER! It looks like a little pizza place ...but it is much, much more! The food is GREAT and cheap! Chicken Parmigana is $12.50!!!! I had a special dessert that I have had before at other places, but not this good or this cheap! It was 2 scoops of gelato and espresso poured over it! $4.00!! GO! You will be as happy as I was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceluvpizzaalotDined on 8/22/2013Came to the restaurant for a dinner with my friend last night. I got a small personal size Italian sausage pizza and my friend was having a pasta special dish, the food was amazing!! Our server was nice and friendly. On our way out stopped by the gelato fridge, they let us to taste almost all the flavors they had there, as we were very indecisive) seriously, I felt in love with their gelato! Will definitely be back for a dinner some other day!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The pizza was hot, fresh andnycfoodieVIPDined on 1/3/2013The pizza was hot, fresh and delicious. Its just a small pizza joint, but everyone who works there is very nice and my whole family enjoys the pizza.
- Good but small resturant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2012Good but small resturant. Better food than you would think by looking at the place. Had to sit upstairs because we had a large group and I think we sat right on top of the oven becuase by the end of the meal we were all sweating.Special Features:
- We expected to order whatImafoodieVIPDined on 10/27/2012We expected to order what we'd seen on their menu on their website however it wasn't on the menu when we got there. We each ordered pasta dishes which were nothing special. We didn't order pizza because it didn't look so good. We will not go back to this place although the young lady who served us was very polite, courteous and helpful. Not fit for foodies, for sure.
- Excellent PizzasaintmaeVIPDined on 7/19/2012Pizza was very good but the eggplant was cold and the bill seemed a bit pricey for a pizzeria.Special Features:
- the pizza is very good,theOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/27/2012the pizza is very good,the waitress Valentina was very kind!Coming back again!
- The food was delicious! WeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/8/2012The food was delicious! We could have used a server to get our order (we had to go downstairs and come back up) but definitely a great value. I highly recommend an after-pizza gelato here.Special Features:
- A well-kept NYC secret! ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/21/2012A well-kept NYC secret! Excellent food at great prices. Both the pizzas and the gelato are superb, the deserts are freshly made and delicious, and the service is friendly. The setting has an authentic Italian feel, but is very casual and unpretentious. My family has been there several times and all of us are consistently happy with the place. The kids absolutely love it: we even took my eight-year-old daughter there for a birthday lunch at her own special request.Special Features:
- I love coming here, especiallyLuciaDined on 1/29/2012I love coming here, especially for the 1000 point reservations! Currently, they are offering a buy one get one 12" pie-- we spent $12.50 on two pies and were so full. Soooo delicious.Special Features:
- The pizza here is really good!!nycfoodieVIPDined on 1/27/2012The pizza here is really good!! My husband hates one of the better known pizza places a couple blocks away but he really enjoys this place! Its very casual---they just have a few tables upstairs. The wait staff are really nice!! Definitely looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- A little cramped and a longTripsreddyDined on 1/20/2012A little cramped and a long wait but the food was fresh and well made with quality ingredients.Special Features:
- Unfortunately it is on SecondMJTLVIPDined on 8/9/2011Unfortunately it is on Second near the subway construction, but, the restaurant is quiet and cool and the food is delicious and the service was wonderful. The pizza's were perfect and the salads sublime!!
- This is a nice little pizzanycfoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2011This is a nice little pizza joint. It has small tables on the second floor, where we sat. It was busy downstairs but the service was good. Everything was very tasty. We had salad, pizza and gelato. We will definitely go back. My husband normally does not like thin crust pizza but he really enjoyed this one and said he will eat it again! You can order the same thing downstairs as you can upstairs, but we found it to be more relaxing to be able to sit upstairs.Special Features:
- this is a pizzeria with aOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/14/2011this is a pizzeria with a couple of tables. it is not a restaurant. making a reservation was ridiculous. the wine bottles behind the counter are for display only. they only had two whites and didn't have the red that we wanted. the pizza was good, the beet salad had no flavor and the eggplant parmigiano was tepid.
- Excellent gourmet pizza and gelatoOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/23/2011Excellent pizza and salads, and a perfect place for gelato. It's very authentic and the ingredients are fresh and top-notch. It's small and cozy, and very reasonably priced. The pies are larger than Patsy's and have a more authenic feel. I also like that they have square pizza pies and slices.Special Features:
- Go to GolosiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2011Great gelato and pizza from your neighborhood pizza spot.Special Features:
- Our group of 4 had a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/11/2011Our group of 4 had a very enjoyable quiet evening in the tiny upstairs dining area. Very good pizza, very fresh ingredients to be enjoyed accompanied by a glass of wine or beer at this ultra-casual restaurant. Very good Beet-Endive-Goat Cheese salad too. The top-notch gelato is creamy and made in house.Special Features:
- This is my third visit toLuciaDined on 5/14/2011This is my third visit to Golosi. We ordered the formaggi & margherita pizza (half and half). Thin crust deliciousness. Will continue coming back here.Special Features:
- Decent food- very crampedsjb76Dined on 4/22/2011Decent food- very cramped dining area up a slippery set of stairs- good for lunch and late night fare-
- The food was homemade andenjoyeatingVIPDined on 3/8/2011The food was homemade and very good. We were upstairs so it was quite and nice. We will ho back for lunch!Special Features:
- Pizza was excellent and theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/21/2011Pizza was excellent and the staff was very friendly-we will be back again for sure.Special Features: