1651 Beacon Street
Brookline, MA 02445Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.healthyfreshfood.com/
- Phone: 6172779722
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 1:15am, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 1:30am, Sunday: 11:00am - 1:15am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Asian, Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Jimmy Li
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available by our dedicated staff for Private Parties, Weddings, Anniversaries, Bar Mitzvahs, Baby Showers, Corporate Events, Commemmorative Occasions. We can arrange for specialty linens, china and table settings, floral arrangements, full dining experience. Our catering staff can help you create a custom menu or choose from our extensive menu of the freshest cuisine. We can assist you with all the planning. Or we can provide our delicious food delivered by our premium delivery service and dedicated delivery drivers to your office, home or event. Contact Eric @ 617-277-9722
- Entertainment: DJ and dancing every weekend, Thursday through Saturday
- Special Events: During the summer and early fall enjoy outdoor dining in our cafe
A word from Golden Temple
The premium quality behind our fresh and healthy food is that we start every dish with fresh, natural, wholesome ingredients. Golden Temple uses only premium lean meats, fresh seafood and natural produce.Continued
We are raising the standards for your health by purchasing from the highest quality and respected purveyors available to us.
We are raising the standards for your health by purchasing from the highest quality and respected purveyors available to us.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Golden Temple reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)good for groups (23)fit for foodies (13)special occasion (11)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (5)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)romantic (3)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Amazing Dinner!TamyVIPDined on 9/11/2014Everyone treated us like royalty. The managers came by to check on us and was genuinely concerned that we were having the best experience possible. The food is great- the salt and pepper shrimp plate is amazing! They also know how to make amazing dirty martinis and cosmos excellently!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great, as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/1/2014as always, golden temple does it right. The service at the bar was fantastic and the food was fresh. We love this place!Special Features:
- Disappointing....13postcardsDined on 8/24/2014We went during restaurant week and ordered one of the fish main course options. It arrived essentially uncooked. The wait staff was very accommodating in replacing it with something else. However, by then the dining experience had been ruined. Given the wide variety of restaurants in the area, we won't be returning here any time soon.
- Duck!ChinayumDined on 8/24/2014Best duck ever! Super crispy and not greasy at all! Well worth the price plus the hoisen sauce is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- None greasy ChineseChinayumDined on 8/17/2014Delicious place to get fresh and none greasy Chinese food! I have a shellfish allergy and the manager came over to the table and assured me all the food would be taken care of in an allergy free manner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TinajaneVIPDined on 8/14/2014With all the prior great reviews, and having lived in Boston many many years ago, I had great expectations for Golden Temple. Shrimp in lobster sauce is one of our all time favorites dishes, since it contains ground pork and black beans. We ordered this dish with not only shrimp but with lobster also. We were very disappointed. I will say the spareribs were good, egg roll fair and como fried rice just okay. We r coming back to Boston next week but will not return to this restaurant.
- Food for some was served COLDEatingIn617Dined on 8/5/2014I always eat here but tonight the food was cold. My hot and sour soup was COLD. My Sesame Chicken was barely room temperature. Some of my guests food was hot...kind of annoying, but I wont be running back there, especially with the ridiculous prices they charge. We also asked to split the bill according to what people had bought. When we got the bill, it was split evenly among guests even though we had written on the receipt how much to charge each card.
- Great ServiceAnonymousDined on 8/2/2014Went here with a friend while visiting from NYC. Not the best Chinese food I've ever had, and some of the flavors and styles were off from what I am used to in NYC (I have realized Chinese food varies by cities). However, the service was perfect and the space was nice. Mai tais were delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerJulietDined on 7/25/2014I went for my birthday dinner because of the high quality food they use and I have a very strict diet due to some food allergies. The server and staff were great and extremely helpful with finding me food that fit my diet. The manager on duty that night even stopped by to make sure everything was going well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Chinese outside ChinatownGandHVIPDined on 7/13/2014Went for dinner, well received and nice reading menu- The soup and striped bass are very good, but the rest is just average Chinese staple. Overpriced for the food, and no drinks.
- The Best of BostonQuality13Dined on 7/3/2014Never in all the years we've been going to the Golden Temple have we had a bad meal. Best Chinese restaurant in The Greater Boston area... If you like either Chinese or Thai this is the place to visit.. A bit pricey but worth every penny!Special Features:
- Chinese FoodBcelts34Dined on 7/1/2014This is really good Chinese food in the Brookline area. There are not many quality Chinese restaurants but this is very good.Special Features:
- OutstandingJazzLoverDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I booked this through Open Table because it was close to Sculler's Jazz Club and offered Open Table bonus points. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and attentive service. The Chilean Sea Bass with ginger was amazing, as was the special brown fried rice and the calamari appetizer. A bit pricey for Chinese, but well worth it. Warning that valet parking is $10 and no signage to that effect. But our car was waiting for us when we walked out, so if you're tight for time it is a nice service.Special Features:
- customerBrightongalDined on 6/16/2014Consistently good food and good service. An extensive menu to satisfy all tastes with good appetizers and some healthy options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local favorite!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/13/2014Never disappointing, always good. Our favorite Chinese restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable, if not exciting.gourmetgourmandDined on 6/6/2014Very good for something that pleases everyone. It's never outstanding, but the service is usually quite good. Lots of fruity drinks, ridiculous appetizers and solid, standard Chinese food. It's much better than most places outside Chinatown, but you won't find anything exotic. You can find dishes for those not into "Asian" food, too. They have the dreaded chicken fingers, if you must, but if you like it spicy, I recommend the Spicy String Beans with pork, or the Spicy Eggplant with pork. Both are excellent. If you ask, they will make it extra spicy, and light on the oil. It can be pricey if you add drinks, and especially appetizers, but they also offer smaller portions of many main dishes that are great value.Special Features:
- Always GoodKathyMDined on 5/26/2014We go to this restaurant at twice a year to commemorate a family event. It is always good. We had the szechuan shrimp and szechuan eggplant which both had great flavor. We also had chicken wings and beef teriyaki. The food is fresh and flavorful. It is great for a large party. The last few times the service has been exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rj1541VIPDined on 5/24/2014a measure of a chinese restaurant is in their preparation and presentation of peking duck. sorry to report that this peking duck doesn't nearly make the grade
- The following 425 reviews are from the Golden Temple reviews archive.
- The Best!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/21/2014This is our favorite Chinese restaurant, they have all the old standbys, the very best ribs, and all the hot dishes anyone could want.Special Features:
- Another Mother's Day success!luckyVIPDined on 5/11/2014Yummy food, good service. One suggestion though for Mother's day, bring back the Athan's cakes.... We miss thoseSpecial Features:
- SgibbyDined on 5/11/2014Food is always fresh and good. We love our waiter Joe!Special Features:
- Why Don't We Go Here very Week?bermudaonionVIPDined on 5/7/2014Great experiece. Great restaurant. There is a shortage of GOOD Chinese restaurants that have a nice atmosohere in the Boston area. Golden Temple absoutely fits the bill. The food was great. Our waiter terrific - consummate professional... And that Golden Temple Mai Tai... yum.Special Features:
- Lukewarm experiencevbBostonDined on 5/4/2014We were greeted and quickly brought to our table. Our server was efficient, but the assistant "help" (filling water, etc.) didn't understand much English, so it was difficult to communicate any requests. The food was OK, but everything was "glistening" from all the oil that is used. It wasn't a bad experience, but it wasn't a good enough experience for me to want to go back.Special Features:
- PIPERVIPDined on 4/28/2014Nothing like Golden Temple!!! Sam at the bar, great food and meeting people seated around you in the bar!!!!! Love, Love, Love!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- moodyfoodyVIPDined on 4/19/2014Boston has many Thai restaurants but not very many Chinese restaurants -- hence, we were quite happy to find Golden Temple. Although somewhat pricey, the food was enjoyable, the decor was pleasant, and the service was excellent. I was impressed by the generous portions and lovely presentation. I recommend checking it out the next time you're craving Chinese fare in Boston.Special Features:
- Good food, but Chinatown is betterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2014The menu showed my meal (Chilean sea bass Hunan style) as spicy but it wasn't spicy at all. Ask for extra spice if you like heat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Chinese DiningBDdinners2VIPDined on 4/18/2014The expanded menu offers a new foods and tastes and combinations. Portions are ample and good for sharing. Servers are polite and helpful in explaining how the dishes are prepared. A wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little on the pricey side,EenaDined on 4/12/2014A little on the pricey side, but the food is always good here.
- Great as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2014Been coming to golden temple since I was a kid and I still love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great asian foodmealguyDined on 4/6/2014Always the freshest and tasty food whenever dining here!! Friendly service from waiters who are attentive to all your needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff was very attentiveluvcm60Dined on 4/5/2014The staff was very attentive when we arrived and was very accommodating (we had a newborn with us).The food arrived quickly once we placed our order. The food was very good and the ambience was great for sitting and chatting. We were there for over an hour and didn't feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and drinks here areKatieDined on 3/28/2014The food and drinks here are always reliably outstanding, and the atmosphere is great. If youre looking for night of delicious high end chineese food and outstabding drinks, Golden Temple will never let you down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Foodbrookline2eDined on 3/23/2014Food is very fresh and high quality. The cooking is good for some dishes. The appetizers we had, ie fried calamari's and shrimp are excellent. Restaurant has contemporary interior designs. Excellent environment for dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What I ordered was not what I gotALANDined on 3/23/2014I ordered off the Dine Out Boston special menu The dish,Maine Lobster, Ginger Scallion Style Freshly shelled Maine lobster stirfried with fresh ginger consisted of 4 very tiny lobster tails in the shell...buyer beware of bait and switch here
- The something cocabana issupaniceDined on 3/19/2014The something cocabana is the second best drink I have had in a restaurant behind the midi 75. The duck and chicken pad thai were both really good too.Special Features:
- Still solid after all these yearsrf52Dined on 3/15/2014Mai Tai very good,all food very good especially the ribs.The only negative was a screaming baby that was wailing for 5 minutes.Since the parents did nothing the restaurant should have done something about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Late Night DiningTamyVIPDined on 3/2/2014Not too many places you can find on a whim on a late night...Special Features:
- Wonderful service!JamieDined on 2/24/2014We felt like royalty. The doors were opened for us upon arrival. Then, Mr. John Ho (Dining Services Manager) welcomed us by name! We have never been there before. Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a temple you NEED to visitfoodloverVIPDined on 2/15/2014If you've not been to the Golden Temple, you've not been to a temple. ...ok, maybe that's a bit sacrilegious, but this IS the place to go for amazing Chinese food & overall great experience! The wait staff is VERY friendly and accommodating. The restaurant has a quiet romantic side--which is also great for family dinners/lunches, and the bar is nice as well. Great DJs Thursday-Saturday nights! And the crowd is mixed, which is nice. It's clean and safe, which is rare to find. This is an establishement my friends and I do not hesitate to frequent two nights in a row--it's JUST that good. I mean where else can you grab a drink , shake a tail feather and eat until 1am? NO WHERE but here! I would recommend Golden Temple to ANYONE!!Special Features:
- Love Golden TempleCocoSmoothjDined on 2/14/2014For Valentines day GR8 does it right. A real rose on the table. Wine glasses on the way out. Great food and the bar with the little dance floor turns this place into a great atmosphere for groups as well. ENJOY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.