W349 N5293 Lacy
Okauchee, WI 53069Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.weissgerbers.com/goldenmast
- Phone: (262) 567-7047
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday 4:30pm - 10:00pm & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 2:30pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary German
- Executive Chef: John Moosreiner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering Menu available for groups of 20-350 people. Party Trays of Hot & Cold Items, pick up ready to serve or cooking instructions to finish in your home. Appetizers, Sandwiches, Salads, Full Dinners and more. Perfect for Office Luncheons, Boat Ride Platters, Showers, Casual Picnics off site full catered events and more. Pick Up and Delivery Available. Impress your Guests - Bring The Golden Mast to your next function.
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment FRIDAY Nights in the Lounge 6:30-10:30PM. 2-3 piece groups. Casual Bar Menu with appetizers, sandwiches, salads and more. Over looking the lake, fireplace, large flat screen TV's.
A word from Golden Mast
Welcome to Weissgerber"s Golden Mast on Okauchee Lake. Wisconsin's Premier Lakeside Restaurant. The food, the view and the service are impeccable, the architecture and ambiance go unmatched. Whether joining us for a romantic dinner for two, a wedding, a banquet or a casual meal in the lounge, we look forward to serving you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Golden Mast - Best Restaurants in Okauchee ›
Golden Mast reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (39)special occasion (35)romantic (21)good for groups (16)great for outdoor dining (11)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (10)great for brunch (10)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Beautiful Ambience, great foodSamsDined on 11/22/2014This is a beautiful restaurant with an equally beautiful view of the lake. The food is always very good, we especially like the build your own surf and turf options, that was extremely good this evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality ExperienceBillDined on 11/15/2014A wonderful restaurant with both excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 11/9/2014It has been a few years since we were at Golden Mast. I was very disappointed with the portion of meal I received. I ordered the half duck diner and received what I would call a kids size meal for $28.00. The rest of the experience was OK. For this reason I will not be returning.Special Features:
- AlphieAlphieDined on 11/9/2014Had brunch with friends at Golden Mast. Ambiance was excellent with views of Okauchee Lake and fireplace. Brunch is served family style except for omelet/pasta/dessert bar. Began with champagne, juice and bread/muffin/pastry assortment. This was followed by bagels, cream cheese and Lox and fresh fruit. Next came the trays with scrambled eggs, roasted red potatoes, bacon (excellent!), ham, sausages, turkey and prime rib (excellent!). Trays were small, but we were offered as much as we wanted. The only thing missing was a vegetable...a salad would have been nice. Desserts were abundant and good...especially the chocolate cake. Coffee and tea completed the meal. All in all...GREAT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent attentive wait staff.CharlierubiDined on 11/8/2014Wait staff was very customer service oriented. The staff makes the first impression in any dining experience and the excellent meal that followed only helped make it a great night. Prime rib was very good. Great size and done exactly as ordered. Surprised by the free dessert that was offered because it was my birthday. Only negative was parking lot was full due to wedding in reception hall so had to park far away from entrance a walk a long ways.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014We took friends to the Golden Mast and had a very enjoyable evening. We were greeted warmly, had a great table location and enjoyed a wonderful meal. The staff made us feel like welcomed guests. The food was great and well prepared. The attentive service from Beth (our waitress) was much appreciated by all 4 of us. We'll be back!!!Special Features:
- DaneDined on 10/19/2014Three of us enjoyed your Sun. brunch last week. Everything was hot and well presented. We were so pleased not to have to stand in line for our choices! Tasted food have never before enjoyed, namely lox, etc. The buildings and surrounding areas are beautiful and certainly an experience we plan to enjoy again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Extremely SatisfiedTedVDined on 10/18/2014This is a lovely restaurant in a wonderful setting. We had the prime rib and the tenderloin tips, both were very good. This is one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2014The best and most special brunch around. The only place I have ever been that serves a family style brunch and I love it.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary DinnerspoiledvacagirlDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I ate at the Golden Mast to celebrate our anniversary. Our overall dining experience was great! Great location, beautiful views, attentive staff, and great food! We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- EnjoyableRibollitaDined on 9/25/2014Good food, good service, great view of Lake OkaucheeSpecial Features:
- A Special Place8thavegirlDined on 9/17/2014The Golden Mast was a wonderful experience. We dined on a Wednesday evening and had a beautiful view. The surroundings are amazing and make for a special experience. Our waiter, Karla, gave perfect service. We can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatpazzmanDined on 8/27/2014Lobster strudel is worth the trip alone. Dinner was technically perfect, the appetizers made dinner no so special. Had a table overlooking the lake at sunset. Very romanticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great scenery, room for our party.anonymousDined on 8/24/2014we were there for a Sunday brunch at 1 p.m.. Those in the party who ordered from the breakfast menu had positive things to say about Their meals. But for those of us who ordered brunch the meats such as the bacon, sausages were overcooked. However the omelette Island was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningduckdineDined on 8/20/2014Food and service were very good. The duck and wiener schnitzel were outstanding.Special Features:
- Outing with friends.donsaintyDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I had a superb scenic eat out with 3 friends at this Neighborhood Gem - The Golden Mast Inn on lake Okauchee. We had the following meals and everyone seemed to enjoy theim: Wednesday special, Walleye Almondine, Sauer Braten, Prime Rib, and Wiener Schnitzel a'la Holstein. A fine menu with tasty delights and a good wine list.Special Features:
- JohnnyDined on 8/20/2014We enjoyed out dinner with 9 people including a family from Ireland. I always order the weiner schnitzel. However, this time, there was one piece that was difficult to chew because of the gristle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!jjadewestDined on 8/17/2014Took my staff there to celebrate my thankfulness for their hard work and dedication. Food was great, service was super, everyone was so nice.Special Features:
- Serving tempOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014I had the wiener schnitzel and unfortunately the food was between luke warm and cool. The veggies were very cool, the spatzle and veal were both luke warm. I was disappointed to pay the price we did for this meal and have the food be luke warm. I did have the raspberry mouse cup and that was excellent. I know that I could have sent the food back but when you are with friends that isn't always a comfortable situation.Special Features:
- Great Experience!LakeviewDined on 8/16/2014We (3 couples) were celebrating our wedding anniversaries. When I made the reservation I requested a table overlooking the lake and we were seated per my request. Food was delicious and our server was very helpful and friendly. They demonstrated why the Golden Mast is the best restaurant on Okauchee!Special Features:
- August 16, 2014GtowndinerDined on 8/16/2014Everything exceeded our expectations. Drinks, food, service and ambiance were excellent. Lake view from the bar and dining room was gorgeous. Artichoke-spinach dip was yummy. Rack of lamb was very flavorful and done just right. My wife's Filet and crab legs were also very good. Wait staff was very attentive and served us well. They acknowledged my wife's birthday with a free dessert and sang happy birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experiencePartyof6Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I have been dining at the Golden Mast for many years and always enjoy the meal, service and overall experience. In recent years we have been also including our four children for our wedding anniversary meals and we look forward to the meal every year. Request a table overlooking the lake and you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful viewMelzieDined on 8/7/2014The restaurant is lovely, the view is breathtaking. Skip the French onion soup, there is almost no flavor, just blah broth with cheese on top. The crab legs were great!, good size not those tiny legs. And for all you can eat more than a great value! The steak was good a little over cooked. The schaum torte was outstanding but, the crème' Brule did not have that wonderful crunching caramelized sugar top. Overall we will go back, more hits than misses.Special Features:
- The following 354 reviews are from the Golden Mast reviews archive.
- Great MenugreatdiningDined on 7/26/2014We came to the Golden Mast to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We chose to come here because of the great menu. This is the only place where the Cioppino is absolutely delicious! But there are many other selections. It is hard to choose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Enjoyable!GreatfoodseekerDined on 7/20/2014Sunday Brunch was, as always, delightful, delectable, and divine! The architecture and ambience, lake views, service and menu choices are incredible. Each time I've brunched at Weissgerber's Golden Mast, I've been pleased. I continue to visit with family, friends, and a variety of social groups. I repeatedly recommend this venue. Everybody leaves satisfied and insists on returning. Brunch is served elegantly and in a relaxed manner. Champagne, juice, and coffee are included. The feast (except for omelets and dessert) is served family style. The blintzes, New York Strip, and shrimp are my favorites. Desserts are fresh and numerous. Bananas Foster and Cherries Jubilee are prepared by the dessert chef while you watch. Spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2014When looking for the perfect Sunday brunch, look no further. Have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversaryDined on 7/19/2014We have dined at this restaurant for many years, specifically on our anniversary. Enjoyed the night!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014food is good not great. The prices have gone down but the food quality and quantity have gone down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphere, bad goodLovefoodDined on 7/13/2014I had heard great things about Sunday brunch and was excited to try it for myself. The atmosphere was very nice and the outdoor seating was lovely. The service was also really nice. But the reason you go out for a meal is to enjoy the food and it just fell flat. Nothing tasted fresh or homemade. I think it would have been worth saving the money and just making half of the items at home instead. While I loved the ambiance and the lake setting, the quality and taste of the food was enough to ensure I will not be coming back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2014waitress was a bit pushy. It is served family style so you have to reorder what you want,thru the waitress. After two times of bringing small portions she was not letting us get a word in edge wise to reorder and was speaking over us pushing the desserts.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014we had a great time...the food was excellent and the ambiance was terrific...service was great and the overall experience was fabulous and we plan to go back many more times since that previous experience was our first timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014THE CRAB HAD BEEN BETTER IN THE PAST..... WAITRESS HAD TOO MANY PEOPLE TO DO A GOOD JOB.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in SE WisconsincatoDined on 6/28/2014Never disappointed both in quality, atmosphere, overall experience. Grounds are outstanding!Special Features:
- The Golden Mast is Fantastcluv2dinemmrbuddy1234567Dined on 6/25/2014Delightful dining experience!! Excellant food & outstanding service in a most scenic setting. I highly recommend the Golden Mast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeJeanneDined on 6/22/2014Would recommend this restaurant for any special occasion. Great menu to choose fromSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch,service, and views!GreatfoodseekerDined on 6/22/2014Last Sunday our girls' group celebrated birthdays at Weissgerber's Golden Mast. From the start we were provided with attentive service. Shortly after being seated we were served champagne before the family-style feast began. Muffins, croissants, fresh fruit, bagels and lox were only the beginning. Eggs, sausages, and bacon followed, as did large, tasty shrimp, prime rib, and other tender meats. A well-stocked omelet station led to an exquisite dessert table which offered tortes, cookies, creme brûlée, and even fancy made-to-order flambes. All this (and more) was affordably priced. We had a great time and have photos to prove it. We will be back for brunch and dinner too.Special Features:
- BeautifulJimWDined on 6/15/2014My wife and I found this place when her workplace hosted their residency graduation in their banquette hall. A large, open room with lots of light and beautiful architecture and decorations. There was a terrace overlooking the lake. Since then, we have been back multiple times for brunch and dinner. The food has always lived up to or surpassed expectations, but do not skip desert. Golden Mast has the best desert table - often (maybe always?) included with brunch. The dining area is just as beautiful as the banquette hall with stained glass windows, elaborate woodwork, and huge windows overlooking the lake.Special Features:
- Great experienceSydneyDined on 6/15/2014We celebrated fathers day at a tough time because our grandfather was recently placed in a physical rehab facility and therefore could not join us. Family really enjoyed (and needed) the relaxing setting on the patio overlooking the lake. Food was great. It took all of our minds off of some of the stress we're facing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers DayAveryDined on 6/15/2014We went for father's day so it was a little busy, not surprised, but it was a great atmosphere! Everyone was very nice and the service as quick. Loved the touch of champagne for everyone as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewdolce1312012Dined on 6/15/2014We've eaten here before, but not for a Father's Day Buffet. Food was OK, mostly the usual Sysco type food done with class. So if you're looking for an adventure in culinary delight, this isn't the venue. If you would like to sit and look at the water while eating with decent food, you will be pleased. I recommend that you make sure not to be seated in the bar area for your meal. It is very noisey and hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.