W349 N5293 Lacy
Okauchee, WI 53069Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.weissgerbers.com/goldenmast
- Phone: 2625677047
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday 4:30pm - 10:00pm & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 2:30pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary German
- Executive Chef: John Moosreiner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering Menu available for groups of 20-350 people. Party Trays of Hot & Cold Items, pick up ready to serve or cooking instructions to finish in your home. Appetizers, Sandwiches, Salads, Full Dinners and more. Perfect for Office Luncheons, Boat Ride Platters, Showers, Casual Picnics off site full catered events and more. Pick Up and Delivery Available. Impress your Guests - Bring The Golden Mast to your next function.
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment FRIDAY Nights in the Lounge 6:30-10:30PM. 2-3 piece groups. Casual Bar Menu with appetizers, sandwiches, salads and more. Over looking the lake, fireplace, large flat screen TV's.
A word from Golden Mast
Welcome to Weissgerber"s Golden Mast on Okauchee Lake. Wisconsin's Premier Lakeside Restaurant. The food, the view and the service are impeccable, the architecture and ambiance go unmatched. Whether joining us for a romantic dinner for two, a wedding, a banquet or a casual meal in the lounge, we look forward to serving you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Golden Mast - Best Restaurants in Okauchee ›
Golden Mast reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (59)special occasion (53)romantic (34)great for outdoor dining (25)good for groups (22)great for brunch (19)neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (13)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- A Special PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014The Golden Mast was a wonderful experience. We dined on a Wednesday evening and had a beautiful view. The surroundings are amazing and make for a special experience. Our waiter, Karla, gave perfect service. We can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatpazzmanDined on 8/27/2014Lobster strudel is worth the trip alone. Dinner was technically perfect, the appetizers made dinner no so special. Had a table overlooking the lake at sunset. Very romanticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great scenery, room for our party.anonymousDined on 8/24/2014we were there for a Sunday brunch at 1 p.m.. Those in the party who ordered from the breakfast menu had positive things to say about Their meals. But for those of us who ordered brunch the meats such as the bacon, sausages were overcooked. However the omelette Island was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningduckdineDined on 8/20/2014Food and service were very good. The duck and wiener schnitzel were outstanding.Special Features:
- Outing with friends.donsaintyDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I had a superb scenic eat out with 3 friends at this Neighborhood Gem - The Golden Mast Inn on lake Okauchee. We had the following meals and everyone seemed to enjoy theim: Wednesday special, Walleye Almondine, Sauer Braten, Prime Rib, and Wiener Schnitzel a'la Holstein. A fine menu with tasty delights and a good wine list.Special Features:
- JohnnyDined on 8/20/2014We enjoyed out dinner with 9 people including a family from Ireland. I always order the weiner schnitzel. However, this time, there was one piece that was difficult to chew because of the gristle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!jjadewestDined on 8/17/2014Took my staff there to celebrate my thankfulness for their hard work and dedication. Food was great, service was super, everyone was so nice.Special Features:
- Serving tempOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014I had the wiener schnitzel and unfortunately the food was between luke warm and cool. The veggies were very cool, the spatzle and veal were both luke warm. I was disappointed to pay the price we did for this meal and have the food be luke warm. I did have the raspberry mouse cup and that was excellent. I know that I could have sent the food back but when you are with friends that isn't always a comfortable situation.Special Features:
- Great Experience!LakeviewDined on 8/16/2014We (3 couples) were celebrating our wedding anniversaries. When I made the reservation I requested a table overlooking the lake and we were seated per my request. Food was delicious and our server was very helpful and friendly. They demonstrated why the Golden Mast is the best restaurant on Okauchee!Special Features:
- August 16, 2014GtowndinerDined on 8/16/2014Everything exceeded our expectations. Drinks, food, service and ambiance were excellent. Lake view from the bar and dining room was gorgeous. Artichoke-spinach dip was yummy. Rack of lamb was very flavorful and done just right. My wife's Filet and crab legs were also very good. Wait staff was very attentive and served us well. They acknowledged my wife's birthday with a free dessert and sang happy birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experiencePartyof6Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I have been dining at the Golden Mast for many years and always enjoy the meal, service and overall experience. In recent years we have been also including our four children for our wedding anniversary meals and we look forward to the meal every year. Request a table overlooking the lake and you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful viewMelzieDined on 8/7/2014The restaurant is lovely, the view is breathtaking. Skip the French onion soup, there is almost no flavor, just blah broth with cheese on top. The crab legs were great!, good size not those tiny legs. And for all you can eat more than a great value! The steak was good a little over cooked. The schaum torte was outstanding but, the crème' Brule did not have that wonderful crunching caramelized sugar top. Overall we will go back, more hits than misses.Special Features:
- Great MenugreatdiningDined on 7/26/2014We came to the Golden Mast to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We chose to come here because of the great menu. This is the only place where the Cioppino is absolutely delicious! But there are many other selections. It is hard to choose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Enjoyable!GreatfoodseekerDined on 7/20/2014Sunday Brunch was, as always, delightful, delectable, and divine! The architecture and ambience, lake views, service and menu choices are incredible. Each time I've brunched at Weissgerber's Golden Mast, I've been pleased. I continue to visit with family, friends, and a variety of social groups. I repeatedly recommend this venue. Everybody leaves satisfied and insists on returning. Brunch is served elegantly and in a relaxed manner. Champagne, juice, and coffee are included. The feast (except for omelets and dessert) is served family style. The blintzes, New York Strip, and shrimp are my favorites. Desserts are fresh and numerous. Bananas Foster and Cherries Jubilee are prepared by the dessert chef while you watch. Spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2014When looking for the perfect Sunday brunch, look no further. Have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversaryDined on 7/19/2014We have dined at this restaurant for many years, specifically on our anniversary. Enjoyed the night!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014food is good not great. The prices have gone down but the food quality and quantity have gone down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphere, bad goodLovefoodDined on 7/13/2014I had heard great things about Sunday brunch and was excited to try it for myself. The atmosphere was very nice and the outdoor seating was lovely. The service was also really nice. But the reason you go out for a meal is to enjoy the food and it just fell flat. Nothing tasted fresh or homemade. I think it would have been worth saving the money and just making half of the items at home instead. While I loved the ambiance and the lake setting, the quality and taste of the food was enough to ensure I will not be coming back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2014waitress was a bit pushy. It is served family style so you have to reorder what you want,thru the waitress. After two times of bringing small portions she was not letting us get a word in edge wise to reorder and was speaking over us pushing the desserts.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014we had a great time...the food was excellent and the ambiance was terrific...service was great and the overall experience was fabulous and we plan to go back many more times since that previous experience was our first timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014THE CRAB HAD BEEN BETTER IN THE PAST..... WAITRESS HAD TOO MANY PEOPLE TO DO A GOOD JOB.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in SE WisconsincatoDined on 6/28/2014Never disappointed both in quality, atmosphere, overall experience. Grounds are outstanding!Special Features:
- The Golden Mast is Fantastcluv2dinemmrbuddy1234567Dined on 6/25/2014Delightful dining experience!! Excellant food & outstanding service in a most scenic setting. I highly recommend the Golden Mast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeJeanneDined on 6/22/2014Would recommend this restaurant for any special occasion. Great menu to choose fromSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch,service, and views!GreatfoodseekerDined on 6/22/2014Last Sunday our girls' group celebrated birthdays at Weissgerber's Golden Mast. From the start we were provided with attentive service. Shortly after being seated we were served champagne before the family-style feast began. Muffins, croissants, fresh fruit, bagels and lox were only the beginning. Eggs, sausages, and bacon followed, as did large, tasty shrimp, prime rib, and other tender meats. A well-stocked omelet station led to an exquisite dessert table which offered tortes, cookies, creme brûlée, and even fancy made-to-order flambes. All this (and more) was affordably priced. We had a great time and have photos to prove it. We will be back for brunch and dinner too.Special Features:
- BeautifulJimWDined on 6/15/2014My wife and I found this place when her workplace hosted their residency graduation in their banquette hall. A large, open room with lots of light and beautiful architecture and decorations. There was a terrace overlooking the lake. Since then, we have been back multiple times for brunch and dinner. The food has always lived up to or surpassed expectations, but do not skip desert. Golden Mast has the best desert table - often (maybe always?) included with brunch. The dining area is just as beautiful as the banquette hall with stained glass windows, elaborate woodwork, and huge windows overlooking the lake.Special Features:
- Great experienceSydneyDined on 6/15/2014We celebrated fathers day at a tough time because our grandfather was recently placed in a physical rehab facility and therefore could not join us. Family really enjoyed (and needed) the relaxing setting on the patio overlooking the lake. Food was great. It took all of our minds off of some of the stress we're facing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers DayAveryDined on 6/15/2014We went for father's day so it was a little busy, not surprised, but it was a great atmosphere! Everyone was very nice and the service as quick. Loved the touch of champagne for everyone as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewdolce1312012Dined on 6/15/2014We've eaten here before, but not for a Father's Day Buffet. Food was OK, mostly the usual Sysco type food done with class. So if you're looking for an adventure in culinary delight, this isn't the venue. If you would like to sit and look at the water while eating with decent food, you will be pleased. I recommend that you make sure not to be seated in the bar area for your meal. It is very noisey and hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Disappointed had requested a window table to celebrate our anniversary we were seated next to a poll and only could see a couple of houses on the shore of the lake was hoping for a lake view that is why we picked this restaurant. Food was good but was looking for the whole package.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Partyof6Dined on 6/7/2014My husband and I have been going to the Golden Mast for years and have always enjoyed there food and service. We have on occassion taken our kids and they have treated them well too.
- LizzieDined on 6/5/2014The food was very good but the food could have been warmer when it got to our table. There was orders for rare prime rib and both were too rare. They didn't look like they had even been put on the grill and browned on the outside. It took quite a long time to get our main meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014We celebrated our daughters birthday at the Golden Mast. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. The food, view and service were wonderful. The birthday torte was an added pleasure. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 333 reviews are from the Golden Mast reviews archive.
- Worth the drive!GlennandJRDined on 5/17/2014This was our first visit. Excellent views of lake, good food and best table by window made for an overall wonderful experience. Recommend trying it for anyone looking for a nice evening.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinnr: Food, ServiceLucky201Dined on 5/17/2014We came for our 23rd Anniversary because it has always been great previously. Do NOT use on-line website to make reservation! Requested a window table for 6pm - 3 open tables, but people were seated 15 minutes to 1/2 hr after us. We were told none available. Guess no one reads the special requests box. However, the Wienerschnitzel was out of this world, as usual! All food was great. Service was miserable. Waitress had to other 9 & 7 person tables versus 2 of us. They were well taken care of while we waited 12 minutes for our drinks. Other tables received theirs just before us, but sat down 5-10 minutes after us. 9 person table was eating their desserts as we were finishing our main courses. Obviously, group tables, larger tips! Sad!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible!!!!Badservice2014Dined on 5/11/2014We made dinner reservations for mothers day based on previous visits to this establishment. Prior to this visit, it was a favorite place for special occasions and date nights. I was excited to bring my parents and my daughter and her husband here as they had never been! Never again! Our waitress ( Kimberly) was RUDE beyond RUDE. She was an extremely poor waitress and had no people or service skills. Some of the food was good and some of the food was bad! My dads duck was dry and over cooked. My salad was swimming in dressing even though i asked for it on the side. Very, very , very disappointed. I called the restaurant and emailed the restaurant and to date have not had a response! That is bad, bad business.
- Mother's DayJLSCDined on 5/11/2014For goblets at the table still had lipstick stains on the rims when we were seated. The server took them away and brought four goblets still dripping with water to the table. A worker at the buffet table brought out Driscol's box of strawberrys, open the package, and dropped the strawberries in the bowl without being washed. Between the initial drinks and refills, a half hour elapsed. At the end the server had overcharged for the bill, and added an 18% gratuity for buffet self-serve. No omelet bar for Mother's Day buffet. Not what we expected and clearly deteriorated food and service based on past years at Golden Mast.
- Happy Diner!FoodiefromMuskegoDined on 5/11/2014My favorite restaurant!!! Professional and caring staff. Scrumptious food. Wonderful Buffet Brunches. The BEST Friday night fish fry with potato pancakes!! Love their Sauerbraten.....tastes just like my German mother-in-law's. Fantastic Martinis! It's so great to see Hans greet all of his dinner guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We had a party of 5 and we were seated promptly. Staff was efficient, friendly & service was fair. Fair because the waitress gave us our check early. She said "here's your check but don't feel rushed" Well we did. We were only there for 1/2 hour before she gave it to us and were still planning on having deserts & more drinks. So she had to change the bill. It was a special occasion and we do not want to feel rushed at all!! Also I was disappointed that we were seated in the hall. I had no idea that this was even an option. We have been there many times before and never had been seated in there. The room was loud (Not energetic) and not easy to carry on conversation. On the positive we did have a wonderful view and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchBrunchDined on 5/11/2014Great experience. Surpassed my expectations. Mom and grandma left very happy! Everyone at the table wanted to know if we could "do this again next weekend"!Special Features: