Golden Eagle Inn
131 E. Pitt street
Bedford, PA 15522Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Golden Eagle Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bedfordpainn.com/
- Phone: (814) 624-0800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Zach Ford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Golden Eagle Inn
The restaurant at The Golden Eagle is proud to have Executive Chef Zach Ford and Sous Chef Drew Ford. Chef Zach has created thoughtful and innovative seasonal menus for brunch, lunch and dinner. Our menus boost fare made from local produce, meats and the freshest seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Golden Eagle Inn - Best Restaurants in Bedford ›
Golden Eagle Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (3)special occasion (3)romantic (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Happy10Dined on 10/25/2014We had a group of 10 for my wife’s birthday, and the restaurant was very accommodating. The food was great, and the atmosphere was of a colonial time gone by, which fits the setting of the town. The Pub under the restaurant is a quaint place, and was a great place for our group to gather after the meal to extend the evening. I would recommend this restaurant to anybody for a nice evening out, or a special celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a Trip to BedfordCookieDined on 8/18/2014If you are on the PA turnpike - get off at Bedford and have a meal at the Golden Eagle instead of settling for that horrid Turnpike fast food! They have a limited menu, but with a number of interesting takes on America cooking. Hanger Steak was cooked perfectly medium - just pink in the middle and well done on the surface. Meatloaf was made with top quality beef and again cooked crisp on the surface and juicy in the middle. Dessert that we had was homemade peach pie with ice cream - delicious. They have local beer on tap and a good selection of wines by the glass or bottle. We will make it a regular break in our trips when we are on PA turnpike.
- A nice surpriseMmh5319VIPDined on 8/12/2014We weren't sure what to expect when we went here but werevery happily surprised by both the food and service. Plus the prices were reasonable. My husband was delighted by the beer list made up of craft beers.Special Features:
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/5/2014The staff was great but what we had to eat was nothing special. To be fair it wasn't terrible by any means either! it was just ok
- as good as it getsmariDined on 8/2/2014We and our teens enjoyed fantastic dinner and breakfast here. Steaks, sliders, salads, drinks, frites, service and the beauty of the place were superb.Special Features:
- The following 22 reviews are from the Golden Eagle Inn reviews archive.
- Wineanddine2014Dined on 7/29/2014We stopped in for dinner and i ordered the salmon. It was delicious and the portion was generous. I believe that you should serve some sort of side dish with the salmon or serve a nice side salad made with field greens or even steamed asparagus would be a nice touch. The atmosphere was wonderful. We got a tour of the building including several of the bedrooms. I love the history and am impressed with the utilization of the space. We were so impressed, we stopped back the next day to sit outside and have a glass of wine and just talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bedford ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Our stay at the Golden Eagle Inn was a delight in every way. Our meal was superb. We enjoyed the beautiful presentation and the fact that the meat was cooked perfectly and so were the vegetables. The owners, Tom and Mary Jane and the staff, were welcoming and ever helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eagleloverDined on 7/23/2014I was so glad to find that this restaurant has reopened and is as fabulous as it was the several times I had been there before it changed owners. I had the steak and my husband had the salmon and they were both exquisite as was the salad we ordered (with roasted pineapple... yum!) The ambience is unusual as there is quiet classical music played in the background, providing a perfect venue for being able to have conversation over dinner. BRAVO to the new owners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint and HistoricMaryM122Dined on 7/21/2014A visit with another era as a result in its being located in an old building in quaint, historic Bedford. Food was delicious and servings were generous. Thought service was a tad slow, but that was no big deal. Very reasonably priced!Special Features:
- A real findGrendelDined on 7/10/2014Restaurants in Bedford are slowly beginning to establish interesting options. We have found that dinner at Lifestyle was fun but inconsistent, 10/09 Kitchen was good but could improve. My wife and I are not steakhouse fans and therefore not a fan of 1786 (I think that is the right year), and found the Crystal Room a disappointment. However, the food at The Golden Eagle Inn, was excellent. The shrimp and grits were rich, with a perfect amount of heat and the shrimp were perfectly cooked. My wife had the meatloaf which she has never ordered before, it came with a tomato jam that was superb. The menu is fairly simple but the attention to detail makes this a gem.Special Features:
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014The pub downstairs was nice and relaxing. Then we went upstairs for dinner. Good service & good food. I would definitely return and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as usual!Maur123Dined on 5/24/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Bedford. We always stop in when we are passing through. The chef is awesome. You pay so much more for this quality in Pittsburgh. It's truly a gem! We also stopped in at the tavern downstairs for a drink. They have a great beer selection and it was a lively place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Was A Hit!luv2dineDined on 5/11/2014The food, wait staff, cleanliness...everything was top notch. I can't wait to return...and the candy store up the street was great as well!Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceplightDined on 4/12/2014I'm impressed yet again with the quality and diversity of the menu and top notch service at the Golden Eagle Inn. If you're traveling through Bedford or have an occasion to stop in the Bedford area, you have to try this restaurant and Inn. They always have a unique menu with a nice variety of selections. The plates are presented with the highest level of care and the tastes of everything I've tried there are like nothing I've had before. The hangar steak is the absolute best steak I've ever tried. My wife had a no-flour chocolate cake that was about the best desert I've ever tried. We had to order another! We've actually considered driving the 1-1/2 hour drive to Bedford on a whim just to have a good dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Acoustic Music EveningStarflowerDined on 4/11/2014I just loved the ambience, friendliness and sound for this acoustic music dining experience with musician Dave Howsare! We enjoyed the evening, the food, the sound, the friendliness. Hosts, Mary Jane and Tom are attentive and delightful. The Inn, pub and restaurant are located conveniently in historic downtown Bedford. The Golden Eagle Pub is comfortable and a lovely place to share some time with friends. I highly recommend this establishment and hope there are more acoustic music evenings in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfulppp3Dined on 4/11/2014Great food and service. Would definitely recommend the Chef Burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2014Quaint part of town, private parking in back, soothing ambience, excellent service, FABULOUS meal. If in the area, definitely give this bed and breakfast a try. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lots of potential but a big missfoodadventurerDined on 3/19/2014Made reservations. Two large rooms - loud party for 10 or 12 in one. Decoration - colonial/Victorian mix - flowered wallpaper, high ceilings, brass chandeliers. FAR too light - like eating in a cafeteria. Dimmers? White table cloths, but not a fancy setting. No candles, no flower vase on table. Only one server for the entire place. Placed order for their special, and ten minutes later told they were out of it. Menu had good selection, but nothing we really wanted. I had bacon wrapped chicken stuffed/spinach - husband the hanger steak - tasty. Non-elegant experience. The chef came out to ask us if everything was OK at a point when we had no food yet, and had just been told we couldn't get what we ordered. A head shaker.
- A little pricey but ambitiousMaryjaneDined on 3/14/2014Our first visit, we celebrated my husband's birthday here, in the lovely main dining room by a great fireplace and fire. Seated promptly (not a busy night) and attended by a most personable and gracious server, we enjoyed our evening immensely. The wine list, Pennsylvania craft beers and high-end cordials and liquors would satisfy any palate. The menu is small but most interesting with something for everyone. Our meals and desserts was superb. My only concern might be for noise level, should there have been a full room; only one other party was there that night and made the room's slight hollowness noticeable. That said, the venue is charming and comfortably elegant. The street-level pub will definitely be our next stop. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening before the showRonnieDined on 3/14/2014We went a little early to have dinner before the Villar show. Great dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dated decor, but food trumps allnastysquar3dDined on 2/15/2014If not for the food at the Golden Eagle Inn, I would give it a "meh" rating. The decor is dated, and they didn't have our first choice in wine (even though the winery that produces it is right down the road). That being said, the food was very good. We ordered the steak eggrolls as an appetizer, they were good, but nothing to write home about. My wife and I both had the lobster gazpacho, which was different, but very good. I had the Land and Sea. The lobster was a little lacking in size, but the steak was excellent and plentiful. We split a berry-something desert. Fresh berries with a whipped cream in between two pastries with a berry glaze. Quite good. Overall, it was a very good dining experience with the food being the best part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely meal and relaxing eveningJdsmmsVIPDined on 2/10/2014We were there on a slow winter night and it was just lovely. The crayfish cake app was enough for a meal so I followed that with a Caesar with roasted chicken. Not your typical Caesar; nice and light. I also love that they serve wine from the local winery, Briar Valley. Give the wine a try when you're there and stop at the Briar Valley tasting room right up the street. We really enjoyed the Golden Eagle and will return again when we're in Bedford. Spent time talking with the owner after dinner, very nice guy and loving his new gig!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very relaxed atmosphere forKatieDined on 1/11/2014Very relaxed atmosphere for a few coworker girls to enjoy a night out! Food was great. We also loved sitting by the fireplace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent quality and flavorplightDined on 12/28/2013This was our third time dining at the Golden Eagle Inn. We've tried something different every time and each time was absolutely amazing. It's obvious that great care goes into the preparation of each meal. The chefs have created a unique menu which has changed a few times since we first visited. I can't say enough good things about the quality and flavor of the dishes served. Not a single complaint. We've eaten at a lot of good restaurants over the years and my wife and I both agree that the Golden Eagle Inn is by far the best. On top of the quality of food, the service is excellent. Very friendly management and wait staff. Food is all served at the same time and everyone's food was excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small town gem!Luv2eatDined on 11/7/2013I was at the Omni this past week and ventured into the small town of Bedford for dinner...I was shocked by the menu! I thought I was in NYC! The food was incredibly delicious! The husband and I are still talking about our dinner! We shared the mussels, which were perfect. I had the duck and my husband did his usual, steak! We were both blown away by the skill and execution of the chef! Wow, just wow!! Dessert was equally amazing as we shared the lemon tart and pumpkin cheesecake(we couldn't decide)! The next time you're at the resort make sure you come to the Golden Eagle Inn. You won't be disappointed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WondrfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/3/2013The Golden Eagle Inn is fast becoming the place for not only lunch and dinner but for brunch. The food is delicious and the menu well conceived. They have a full bar but I reccomend trying their PA Craft Beer selections or partaking from their wine offerings. Reservations are not required but they are appreciated. Next time you're in Bedford County, don't miss your opportunity to experience Chef Zach's fare and enjoy this beautiful and historical restaurant and inn.Special Features:
- Great FoodBedfordBirthdayDined on 10/5/2013The food was excellent but the service was slow. Bring your patience, it was worth it. Also the dining room is very historic, beautiful but the chairs were very squeaky and hard. We had the opportunity to enjoy the Octoberfest menu. The chef was very accommodating to my dad's heart healthy diet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.