Golden Bee - The Broadmoor
1 Lake Avenue
Colorado Springs, CO 80906Neighborhood:
BritishPrice: $30 and under
Golden Bee - The Broadmoor
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.broadmoor.com/golden-bee
- Phone: 7195775733x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30 AM - 1:30 AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: British
- Executive Chef: Bertrand Bouquin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining
- Entertainment: Live piano music from 7:30PM - 9:00 PM. Stop by around 9:30 PM to enjoy a live ragtime piano sing-along of modern classics. Songbooks are provided and patrons are encouraged to raise their glass and sing along.
A word from Golden Bee - The Broadmoor
What was once an authentic 19th century English Pub has become one of The Broadmoor's most vibrant dining destinations. Fantastic pub fare (including The Bee's famous Fish & Chips), yards of ale and plenty of English charm are just a few of the reasons guests enjoy the lively atmosphere at our cheerful British pub.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Golden Bee - The Broadmoor - Best Restaurants in Colorado Springs ›
Golden Bee - The Broadmoor reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (29)special occasion (26)great for lunch (22)vibrant bar scene (21)neighborhood gem (19)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (12)fit for foodies (10)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (7)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (2)romantic (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great service!!RocketgrrlDined on 10/18/2014The food was amazing and the service was over the top! Would definitely recommend this place especially if you are staying at the Broadmoor. The Golden Bee is walking distance from the hotel. Food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best bar in ColoradoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014My wife and I have been stopping by the Golden Bee each time we visit the Broadmoor hotel. This is such a fun and unique bar. Absolutely recommend for a drink or five.Special Features:
- Underwhelmed with food.tinhousedocDined on 10/17/2014The Bee is a place to be, but some improvements could certainly be made. I had a great time because of the 4 people I was with not because of the location. Why? Seated 45 min after reservation time. Fish and chips were over cooked in oil that was not hot enough. The chips and fish dripped cooking oil into a puddle on the plate. The sing along piano was fun and I was well seated for it, however the piano player was very poorly miked. It took a lot away from what was otherwise an excellent working of the crowd. He should have had either lapel mikes or two mikes as 50% of his performance was lost due to bad mike location. Pluses, the wait staff was very good as was the hostess. Unfortunately, the hostess was in charge of waiting.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We arrived earlier than our reservation, but they were able to seat us right away. The service was outstanding. The food was outstanding as well. The prices are reasonable. I recommend making a reservation as they can get quite busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golden Bee Beer Pairing a GemSpecialoccasionDined on 10/7/2014We recently attended the Red Leg Brewing beer pairing dinner at the Golden Bee. It is great to see the Bee embracing the local craft beer businesses and pairing up with them in their unique atmosphere. The food was delicious and the beer was excellently paired. I've been going to the Bee for decades now and it is still a special place to have fun with friends.Special Features:
- Nicely expanded dining roomSlickDined on 9/21/2014We had not been to the Golden Bee in 2 years so made reservations for a Sunday evening. They have expanded the place considerably so by didn't really need the reservation for the early evening. The food we had was tasty but my husband and I were disappointed that some of the classic English pub dishes had been removed from the menu. Sure would have loved to have a Ploughman's to share with our young guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- step it up!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I thought it was going to be more fancy. It seemed like an expensive fargo's. And you ran out of half yards. Buy more glasses.
- Disappointing for The BroadmoorOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/20/2014We have had many wonderful meals at The Golden Bee throughout the years. This year our family gathered to celebrate our parent's 60th anniversary. We requested seating in the upper level outdoor dining area which was quiet and beautifully surrounded by flowers and greenery. There was only 1 waitress for the entire dining area with some helpers who were not very helpful. We had to ask several times for water and drinks. Because the food was coming from the lower level and there was not sufficient wait staff we waited long periods of time between courses causing the food to not be to the quality we expect from The Broadmoor. All in all we were disappointed with our experience, but were happy to have a chance to be together to celebrate.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My group really enjoyed the piano player and sing-along.Special Features:
- TheSilverFoxDined on 9/19/2014Loved the GB, but the Rueben and Fish & Chips were just average or belowSpecial Features:
- FunReenyDined on 9/13/2014We took my daughter and her husband there for her 29th birthday. It was a fun atmosphere with excellent food and service. We have reservations in December again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 9/13/2014I ordered the cottage pie. The vegetables in the pie were undercooked - potatoes, celery, and carrots. I returned it and they brought me another. The vegetables in that pie were undercooked as well. In the past, the food was good. I especially liked the shepard's pie.
- Lunch with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014The food was good, as was the beer. As usual, what makes it nice is the attentive but inconspicuous service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!foodieDined on 9/12/2014We love the Golden Bee and have gone there for years. This time, we were celebrating the 30th birthday of my daughter-in-law. We were seated right by the piano, and the piano player gave us a rendition of Happy Birthday for her as well as other songs about "Mary". The entire crowd was in a celebratory mood, and we all had a great time during the sing along. The food was uninspired, but the service was gold standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findBarbaraDined on 9/7/2014We were a small family group of adults and loved the ambience, service and good value food. The pianist was lovely too ... A superb evening and great value.Special Features:
- The bMushyfishDined on 9/5/2014The service was great. Loved our server. The appetizers were expensive for what you got and they were not that good... Our drinks were good but expensive and small for the price. Our dinners were... Again expensive for the amount you got. My boyfriend got ill that night from the fish and chips not being cooked right. Loved the piano man and probably would go back for him and a yard beer but would eat before we got there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service/food could have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2014The BEE was half empty, but I got the feeling that we were being rushed. The food came rather fast, granted it was lunch and maybe the staff felt like they should get us taken care of within an hour. Or, maybe it was because we did not have any "adult beverages". The other thing was the french fries were a little soggy.Special Features:
- Great Evening at the Golden Bee!enjoythefoodDined on 8/30/2014Enjoyed our evening with food and entertainment! We had a table for 6 and as we were finishing our dinner the pianist began playing. He made it such a fun evening by taking requests from the diners. Then, he passed around sing-a-long books and played songs that we all sang along as he played. It was a memorable night and we will definitely return. We had great service from the restaurant and the food was good, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never even got a "bee"notwowedDined on 8/29/2014Mussel appetizer was disappointing - pork belly dish was sent back - raw fat and raw pork - so disappointed - had been here before and didn't have a bad experience - we were not even offered a bee.Special Features:
- Delightful experienceTheDEWDined on 8/22/2014Had dinner and drinks with family. Thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere, the food, the drinks and the piano entertainment. Hope to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not expected of Broadmoor resturantBacciVIPDined on 8/22/2014I made reservations for 6 while staying at Broadmoor. The greeting was pleasant. I asked for vegetarian version of chicken masala. I received a chicken pot pie instead. When I complained to the waitress, she was annoyed and said she would get me my order. It came as everyone else was finished dining. It was awful. I received a cup of sauce and a cup of rice...no extra vegtables instead of the chicken..pure discusting. The waitress ignored me the rest of the evening. She would not refill my drink order, only for others at the table. As I was the host, I was embarrassed and decided to leave and asked my friend to pick up the tab. It was an awful experience and the Broadmoor did nothing about it. Do not dine there!
- Love!CanongirlDined on 8/21/2014Love this place! Started going with my parents as a kid and have continued the tradition with my family. And the remodeling is wonderful - didn't take away from the original ambiance that we all love!Special Features:
- DisappointingwishthechipswerebetterDined on 8/13/2014My wife and I are comparing restaurants locally for their fish and chips offerings. The GB fish is outstanding with a thin, crispy batter coating on a fresh slice of tender fish served piping hot. The fish is the best we have tried. The chips do not share the same characteristics, however, being cold, limp and, as a consequence, excessively greasy. Come on, world-famous Broadmoor! Get a clue. I could understand how a low budget operation might make this mistake, but it is inexcusable for a Broadmoor venue, even if it is only the Golden Bee. These chips were so bad that I rated down the otherwise excellent service for not rejecting it on our behalf before serving it.Special Features:
- Our groupOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Our group enjoyed their dinner and the wait staff was very accomadating and friendly. Our reservation went from 2 to 5 and then 7; we were accomadated at our original dinner time.Special Features:
- Historic ambienceHarrylVIPDined on 8/10/2014Just walking into this historic room whisks me away to Olde England. The Golden Bee is an authentic pub with walls of dark African mahogany and everything in the room echoes the past. Great pub food, good beer, fine whisky. Always a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Very good food, fun place and atmosphere. Enjoyed the drinks and seeing the detailed woodwork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NotAFoodieNotAFoodieDined on 8/8/2014Great place for fun and food. Relaxed atmosphere for catching up with old friends. The salmon chowder was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun experienceHappyDined on 8/6/2014Our daughters (17&20) enjoyed the atmosphere but had food that wasn't cooked through (fish n chips). They were also charged for refills on drinks without being told.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014In our group of six we ordered 5 different menu items and each of us were very pleased with our meals. We came to celebrate a birthday and were assigned to a table which suited this purpose beautifully. A little off to the side, yet able to see around the restaurant and soak up the ambiance.Special Features:
- Disappointed NativeNATIVEDined on 8/2/2014As a native to CS, I have always held this establishment in high regard due to its obvious connection to the Broadmoor. I made a reservation for my anniversary and was sad to see we were seated in the bar, next to diners in shorts, out in the middle of the isle, with not even enough room at our table for our cocktails and dinner. Also-our appetizer and dinner came at the same time. After completing our meal, our server walked by 5 times and saw my empty plate...finally another server took our plates. We also had to wait for our check... Overall, very disappointing. While new money pays big tips, its the word of mouth of the locals that keeps you strong in the lean times. Cater to those that live here...not just the rich and elite.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014The food is not as good as it used to be and the flies on the patio were very annoying. Service was noisy with alot of banging in the back ground. I don't think we will go back for awhile.
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/31/2014Always great food and excellent service! Plus, you get tagged with the Golden Bee stickers. Can't wait to take advantage of the new outdoor deck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014We were staying at the hotel so we stopped in for lunch. It's extensive and the food is average for pub food, but you're limited if you stay on property to eat. It fit the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful but LOUDmtnlvrDined on 7/11/2014We just loved to look at all the "old" relics. Very elegant and unique. However the acoustics were terrible. It was hard to converse with our small party of 4. (This is even before the piano started).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome As Ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2014The experience at the Golden Bee at The Broadmoor was very suburb! From the moment I made the reservation, to our group being seated and throughout the entire stay, the staff at the Bee was on top the whole time. We could not have asked for a better time. It was a bit hot in the corner where we were seated but no other complaints ever crossed our minds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!CAROLEDined on 6/29/2014If you like English pub food in a real British Pub without going across the pond then this place is for you! Great fish and chips, shepherds pie and yummy beer cheese are all to be had as well as all yards of ale (or smaller). The old time piano player was great and the sing along lots of funSpecial Features:
- The following 165 reviews are from the Golden Bee - The Broadmoor reviews archive.
- Quaint English-style pubMWSmithDined on 6/23/2014This is about as authentic a British pub experience as you will find on this side of the pond. The food is genuine pub fare--which isn't necessarily a plus--and the beer list is authentic as well. The service is cheerful, fun and attentive. The piano player was good and the decor was very interesting. A great place for a low-key dinner at the Broadmoor. The kids menu is OK but not unusual and the staff was great with the kids. Fun place, great bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Obnoxious neighborsLuv2eatoutDined on 6/22/2014When my friend and I chose to sit upstairs, there was one other table of two in the room and the atmosphere was pleasant. However, within minutes of our placing our order, a three-generational family entered loudly and remained loud during the remaining time of our stay. Both the gentlemen and the women talked and laughed at high volume. At one point another group of about six or seven guests came upstairs and appeared to be deciding whether to have lunch in that room or not. Shortly, they left the room, and I believe our inconsiderate table neighbors contributed to their decision to eat elsewhere, hopefully still in the same facility. So, I have no true rating for "noise level" because "energetic" does not suit the negative situation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014My wife and I received a gift certificate from my visiting brother. We read previous reviews and couldn't believe all the negative replies. My wife had the BLT and I had a hamburger. The BLT was great with thick tasty not to fat bacon and the hamburger was very good also. I waited tables for years in college and Courtney was an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10. Don't believe other people reviews because I don't believe they are accurate and some people you can't ever please. Highly recommend the Golden Bee especially upstairs in the open air and ambiance. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and will definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- Fun for a special occasionSpecialoccasionDined on 6/21/2014I've been going to the Bee for 30 years. The renovations are excellent but I miss the atmosphere of the original place. Food is good but this is a place for drinking and not necessarily for an excellent meal. The drink prices are steep but the fun of a half or full yard should not be passed up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.