245 E. Ina
Tucson, AZ 85704Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.goldtucson.com/
- Phone: 5209172930
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Breakfast ALL day: 7:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: James Walllace
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Large party reservations available include personalized menus and service. Please contact a manager for more information. Private rooms available through Westward Look Resort.
A word from GOLD
A AAA Four Diamond winner for 17 consecutive years, GOLD offers a new, more contemporary culinary adventure. A completely new menu concept created by the resort’s new Executive Chef James Wallace blends fresh and innovative contemporary American cuisine with a touch of desert-inspired flavor. Panoramic mountain and city views.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
GOLD reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (13)great for outdoor dining (9)romantic (9)special occasion (6)fit for foodies (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Food was lackingbellagustoDined on 8/2/2014The food was not what I expected for this very elegant restaurant. The flavors were not enticing and were kind of boring, and bland. The salad was a bit wilted and had too much dressing, the mozarella was completely flavorless. The main entrees, mahi mahi and filet mignon, were cooked to perfection but again missed the mark on flavor. The risotto was also a bit disappointing. On to dessert - the creme brulee lacked flavor - needed sugar or vanilla or something - and the pastry I had was not flaky but spongy. Maybe the regular chef was on vacation??? Oh - and the rather loud 40's music was a bit annoying.Special Features:
- AznativeDined on 7/23/2014One of our favorite places to go to for a very special dinner out. Always first class and food is incredible. Service was amazing and the views were to perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific breakfastFoodDudeVIPDined on 6/15/2014A capable and friendly staff and a consistently solid kitchen makes this not only one of the most dependable breakfast spots but also among the most creative. From custom omelets to gluten-free pancakes, what they do they do extremely well. Yes, I know it's a hotel, but the prices are reasonable and the whole experience is worth the trip. Every place else is competing for second place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- accommodatinganniversary46Dined on 6/7/2014Thy were willing to accommodate special wishes in the dish offerings. We liked their menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still GoldenQueenBunDined on 5/29/2014It was a quiet night, not many people there. Service was attentive, friendly, outgoing. Food was beautifully presented, tasty, and while it looked minimalist, was very satisfying. Three cheers for the Chocolate Pyramid!Special Features:
- The apps have itsherraeDined on 5/21/2014Gold's traditional menu of main courses is kicked into high gear with the creative and interesting appetizers. In fact we made our meal from a combination of these appetizers and salads. These small plates give the chef a great opportunity to show his/her culinary creativity. The mains were predictable and heavy. Our decision to dine on the appetizers was met with total acceptance and flexibility. The wine list is fairly limited and pricey. It is delightful dining on the outdoor patio with a panoramic view of Tucson, the twinkling lights, and even a plane landing at the airport in the distance. It was a Wed night...the restaurant was empty save one other table. It lacked the energy of people enjoying themselves on a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 177 reviews are from the GOLD reviews archive.
- Tucson's Best BreakfastFoodDudeVIPDined on 4/27/2014...Bar none. (Personal opinion, clearly labeled.) The innovative menu at this historic resort continues in the traditional excellence of its past even after being acquired by a national chain. An emphasis both on health and regional favorites makes choices difficult but the results uniformly satisfying. Multiple Eggs Benedict versions, including the famed Sonoran Benedict with southwestern seasonings that do not overpower. Gluten free options. Great omelets and a wait staff that is as cheerful as you would possibly want early in the day. A Sunday morning favorite and most unlike the pedestrian fare at any chain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014We had a great time. The server was great, the food was great, the ambience was great. The price was expensive, but I guess we were paying for the experience and food. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golden SunsetCuriousme2Dined on 3/26/2014Although we ate indoors (as it was quite breezy) several brave people sat outside with heaters and enjoyed the beautiful sunset under the eves of the building. The restaurant sits on a hill overlooking Tucson and the lights of the City and the sun setting make a beautiful backdrop. The food was excellent. My only complaint of all recent restaurants we have been to is they have really raised the cost of a bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sweat suit dinnerspuesDined on 3/22/2014Loud enviroment. No dress code as had it had. Patron in flip flops gym shorts and sweatshirt.Special Features:
- Long eveningstarnelDined on 3/12/2014This was to be a special night with family. The restaurant was very busy when we got there with a large group of over 20. Service was extremely slow. Finally we placed a beverage order and it came in about 5 minutes. Then it was another 30 minutes before we were asked for our food order. When the food finally did come, it was excellent! At one point I got up and found a water pitcher and helped myself since we were once again abandoned. At the end of the meal we were given dessert menus and made our choices. Once again, an extremely long wait for service, so we decided not to get dessert and head home to enjoy the patio on our own time. On leaving there were only three tables of customers there. No reason for the poor service.Special Features:
- entrees required extra 15glenDined on 3/8/2014entrees required extra 15 minutes to arrive. Asked waitress for another glass of wine which then didn't show up. Had to ask another waitress to get the wine. Very poor service.
- DisapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014All that currently remains of the Gold Room is the fantastic view of the city lights. Never had a bad experience before, but now there are new owners.
- VALENTINES DAY SPECIALPAULAODined on 2/15/2014Spent the weekend in Tucson at another resort. My husband made reservations at Gold for a special night. The Valentine's dinner offerings all sounded delicious. It was hard to decide since we wanted to taste all of them. We were served our wine and appetizers promptly and we devoured them after sharing bites with each other. Our dinners soon followed. And we were amazed by how fantastic they looked and tasted. We thought the steak offering looked small but after starting on it the serving size was perfect. It melted in my mouth. I don't believe I have ever had a meal that was this delicious. And the desserts. I had the chocolate pate mousse something something and we took leftovers home to enjoy later with a bottle of wine. PERFECT!!Special Features:
- Fine dining, but needs improvementBuzzDined on 2/14/2014We've lived here for almost 30 years, and have dined in many iterations of the Gold Room sporadically, perhaps not more than once every two years despite the fact that it's only a mile from our house. Food has always been excellent but the service has always been slow ... and that's the reason we go there so infrequently. It takes as much as a half hour or more from arrival to placing dinner orders. It has always seemed that the wait staff is understaffed. They're good, they're gracious, they're professional, but it appears they're handling too many patrons and can't do so efficiently. We don't like to be rushed, but 2 1/2 hours for dinner for two is a bit much.Special Features:
- Nothing specialQYC7388Dined on 2/14/2014Too bad ... there is so much potential here, but now just a carbon-copy bland-hotel-restaurant knock-off. So many better restaurants in Tucson, have drinks here but do dinner somewhere else.
- Good but slowAJnTucsonDined on 2/13/2014The food at Gold was good to very good and the menu is interesting with different dishes. The atmosphere is nice and, if you sit outside, has wonderful views. Unfortunately the night we were there the service was terribly slow from the seating, to ordering drinks and food, to finally getting our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The special which was halibutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014The special which was halibut should have been the highlight of the menu.It was overcooked to the point of tasting like sawdust. The waitress had to bring more sauce just to make it palatable. The bread was excellent. Service was great-tall blond girl that had worked there for seven years.Special Features:
- Almost ready for prime timeFoodDudeVIPDined on 1/4/2014This has long been a favorite for breakfast--one of the best menus anywhere. But the evolution of the dinner experience has been slow. With the remodeled dining room, it seems the menu has been updated with some--but too much--sophistication added to the entre preparations. And, for the better in most cases. They have limited the number of offerings to concentrate on quality it seems with good results. Fish was fresh and service pleasant. Now: If somebody--anybody--can help with a still abysmal wine list it would be a huge step forward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a fantastic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013It was a fantastic evening for our 22nd anniversary. Food was excellent and service was exceptional. All the staff were very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceEllenTHVIPDined on 11/11/2013My friends and I chose this restaurant because of the great service you always receive. We were impressed with our own pots of coffee, made it easy to make sure we got refills when our cups were empty. Our breakfasts were served beautifully and hot. We were able to sit outside on the terrace. The view of the city is a very nice, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply stunningFoodDudeVIPDined on 11/9/2013Set in the Catalina Foothills, this Wyndham Resort has maintained the per-acquisition excellence of the kitchen. And breakfast is one of the highlights of this kitchen. Never a flaw. Just as dependable and excellent as can be found for a relaxing breakfast out-- with or without family in tow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful lunch on the patiopaulkatDined on 11/8/2013The long view overlooking the city and the view of the Westward Look Resort's pool and casitas adds to the delightful lunch experience at Gold. Service was friendly, helpful and efficient. Our meals were delicious. My husband enjoyed the pistachio salmon and I loved the fresh fruit plate and a prickly pear margarita. We look forward to returning soon to try some of the other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beware of summer brunchesBobbyVIPDined on 9/22/2013Unfortunately, my most recent dining experience at Gold was not up to par. Typically, during the low-occupancy summer months, Gold offers a breakfast buffet in addition to (or from the restaurant's perspective: in lieu of) the standard a la carte menu. During those times, in my experience, less attention is paid by the kitchen to preparing the high-quality meal I have come to expect from Gold. The tortilla in my Sonoran eggs Benedict -- usually a favorite of mine at Gold -- was stale, and the chorizo tasted as though it had been 'diluted' with poorly seasoned ground beef; the salsa that typically accompanies the potatoes was omitted; and the mimosa tasted bland and far too sweet. Moreover, the summer attracts a more rowdy patronage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchFoodDined on 9/18/2013We had a wonderful lunch. Our waiter was very good and very accommodating to our requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect BreakfastFoodDudeVIPDined on 7/14/2013If there's a better breakfast menu in Tucson, I have yet to find it. Sophisticated--with a Southwestern flair and just beautifully prepared. An understated but entirely pleasant and able wait staff make it a relaxing and satisfying start to any day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/4/2013The food quality has dropped tremendously! Steer clear of this expensive restaurant with bland food. Tucson has many EXCELLENT restaurants. This is NOT one of them.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceSixtiesDinerDined on 7/3/2013We were seated quickly at a table with a great view. The wine list is fairly extensive, and there were a lot of wines available by the glass. This was a Wednesday night and was uncrowded, which is expected in the summer. We liked the varied menu and had no trouble making our selections. The food was excellent. I had the pork chop, and it was moist and tender all the way through, and the accompaniments augmented the taste of the meat. My wife had the scallops, which were perfectly done. The risotto was creamy and delicious. A tasty creme brulee rounded out the dinner. All around great experience. I appreciated the quiet ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a good time and a good meal.DougDined on 5/25/2013This is a unique setting with a great wine list and good food. The service was very good and the timing of the different courses flowed at the right pace.Special Features:
- Excellent and always professionalOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/12/2013Excellent and always professional service. The staff is always attentive and willing to provide information regarding any menu question.Special Features:
- Really good foodSKAIDined on 5/4/2013We had the Surf & Turf. The Lobster tail was quite a good size and was perfectly delicious. The fillet was small, about 4 ounces but it was the best meat I've had since I've been in Arizona, very tender and flavorful and topped with a nice sauce. Accompanied with risotto and asparagus. The restaurant overlooks the lights of Tucson. You can dine inside and see the view through the wall to wall windows or on the balcony and enjoy the evening breezes. All in all it was a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Very good food and service.WannabetastyVIPDined on 4/19/2013Very good food and service. Excellent breakfast and very good cocktails.Special Features:
- The Gold in the SunsetRICKDined on 4/13/2013The Gold Room at the Wyndham Westward Look Resort & Spa is one of our favorites ... just the two of us for a "date night" or with a group of friends on special occasions. We have never been disappointed with the food, wine or service. And the view of an Arizona Sunset is spectacular. Always on our HOT LIST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2013Service was very SLOW considering the number of diners in the restaurant. Turns out, wait staff was responsible for this dining room and an adjacent bar that also served dinner. Food was very disappointing. Broiled lobsters were soaked in water, steaks were extremely well done, a second attempt at a piece of steak still came back pink inside when guest asked for rare with a cool red center, shrimp dish was not close to how it was described on menu. Wine list was useless with many of the moderatly priced wines out of stock leaving no choices under $200. Definitely recommend leaving the property for food if you stay at the Westward Look.
- Great food, superb serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2013My husband and I were just looking for a nice restaurant in Tucson with easy access and good food, and we found it! We shared the prawn appetizer which was delicious and we both had the salmon and it was cooked perfectly and so fresh. The view of Tucson was beautiful especially at dusk. We also overlooked the pool and it was fun to see the kids playing. The service was superb and everything from the bread and butter to the dessert (creme brulee) was exceptional. A nice bonus was that the grounds were beautiful as was the hotel.Special Features:
- Our server, Aaron, took goodHIPPO243VIPDined on 4/4/2013Our server, Aaron, took good care of us. The meal was tastefully prepared and served in a timely manner. Thank you.Special Features:
- I eat brunch here every yearOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2013I eat brunch here every year on my birthday because I love the peanut butter French toast. Love the view from the outdoor patio. Worth going back time and time again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 2/23/2013The last time we ate at Gold the resort was under other management. During that visit we had great food and decent seating, but our evening started out poorly as we charged $40 for two Skyy vodka martinis. If you know vodka, you know Skyy costs around $20 for a 1.5-liter bottle...clearly old management was trying to make a buck. This dulled our whole evening and even the great food couldn't remedy it. This time was much better!!! We had great, reasonably priced drinks, including wine. The food was amazing and our seats gave us a dramatically beautiful view of what seemed like all of Tucson. The service was a tiny bit slow but we were enjoying everything so much we didn't care. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Shown to our table immediately,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/23/2013Shown to our table immediately, waited 10+ min and were on the verge of leaving when we were finally acknowledged. Wait person then took our wine order, and our food order at the same time...hurrying. I asked that the fish be "cooked thru" but not dried out; I did not want raw fish in the center. Well. Guess what. It was cooked through & through -- and was dry and hard at places. We then waited and waited and waited, looking for the wait person so we could get another glass of wine. No where in sight. An hour and a half meal should be pleasant, but this was an ordeal and not worth the $100+ tab. This was our 2nd time here, and our last. There are too many wonderful places in Tucson to waste our time and money here.
- Big Smile at the door, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Big Smile at the door, service was good considering the Valentine's day crowd, the pan seared duck was great and city views were spectacular. We will be back !Special Features: