Gol! The Taste of Brazil - Delray Beach
411 East Atlantic Ave
Delray Beach, FL 33483Neighborhood:
BrazilianPrice: $31 to $50
Gol! The Taste of Brazil - Delray Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.golthetasteofbrazil.com/
- Phone: 5612726565
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Saturday: 5:00 pm - 12:00 am
Sunday: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Open for lunch on special holidays (call for details)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Vegetarian, Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Jadson da Costa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: There is a salad bar set up as well as authentic Brazilian Grilling at the location. Service is provided by the Gauchos waiters for a truly authentic Brazilian experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Private rooms available for private parties, business dinners, etc. Please give us a call to customize your event.
- Private Party Contact: Frank Reider 5612726565
- Entertainment: Live music Wednesday through Sunday beginning at 6:30pm. Samba show (please call for dates).
A word from Gol! The Taste of Brazil - Delray Beach
GOL! THE TASTE OF BRAZIL--The star of Atlantic Avenue. GOL! has won the ABC-TV selection as the "Best Steakhouse in Palm Beach County," as well as Wine Spectator's award for excellence. Brazilian Gauchos present a show of skewered meats cut table side to include picanha (rump steak), lamb chops, and grilled salmon. Complementing the succulent meats is the crisp, 40 item trans-fat free salad bar. Have Caipirinha cocktails made with fresh fruit in the 73 year old wood-paneled bar, where the likes of Winston Churchill and Edna St. Vincent Millay held court! Then, finish your authentic Brazilian experience with a refreshing Papaya cream or any of Gol!'s homemade desserts. GOL! specializes in hosting corporate functions, meetings, and private parties of all types. We are sure that no matter the occasion, GOL! can accommodate your event, whether it's for 20 or 200. And we're sure we'll make it a memorable event. Call us to customize your event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gol! The Taste of Brazil - Delray Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
- Pretty goodnhuggyDined on 4/27/2013Pretty good restaraunt. Nice variety on the salad bar and very nice staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food! I happenedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2013Incredible food! I happened to live in Brazil for some 5 years, and our "garcon" (waiter) was stunned that I was talking to him in Portuguese! The restaurant is a little "pricey" ... but worth every $ !!! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our dinner,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013We really enjoyed our dinner, waiter was GREAT, food delicious. only comment would be to have some additional selections on the food bar such as cheese or fruit.Special Features:
- Fun place to go. No lamb chopsanonVIPDined on 3/29/2013Fun place to go. No lamb chops being served because of the price of lamb, but no reduction in price because of this.
- We've been to several BrazilianflapsychdocDined on 3/27/2013We've been to several Brazilian Steakhouses and this was as good as the others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service ruins an ok restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013The food I rated as Very Good, because it is. The was a wide array of meats being served, and there wasn't one thing i did not like. The service however, was awful. It seems our waiter had one task, getting us drinks. He couldn't even handle that. At one point I had to go inside to find out why we were no longer being served (this was after 15 minutes mind you). our waiter was more concerned with signing happy Birthday to other guests than to check in on us, and had to be searched for on more than one occasion. It's a shame as the food really was good, the drinks were ok, (i think that could have just been an inexperienced bartender) and because of this we will not be going back.
- Be ready for a meat induced coma.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Everything was top notch. The tables are a bit close together, so watch when you're getting up. The price was near $50 a person, but it was totally worth it for the quality of the food and servers.Special Features:
- GOL is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2013The house steak is amazing. The service was great and we can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Table Server took way tooOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013Table Server took way too long to check on us, we waited over 45 min to get the check, and then 15 min to get the reciept... She Started to setup tables instead of taking care of the customer... Other Staff, was great knowledgeable in the meats, and great attitudes.
- The service was great forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013The service was great for the first half hour then it dwindled away. Because it is all you can eat they loaded you up in the beginning then barely visited the table after.
- Great Food, Rude ManagerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013The food was great but we couldn't order a refill on our iced tea so we were thirsty for most of the entire meal. We felt it was because we weren't drinking alcohol so we were ignored. Finally the only female waitress saw that we were trying to get someones attention and she helped us. It was her first day on the job and she was so caring. The manager of the restaurant came over and he couldn't have cared less if we were taken care of or not. He was rude. Over all the food was amazing and it was fun.
- Highly recommend this place.GOLONGDined on 2/14/2013Highly recommend this place. The meat was tender, flavorful, and cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- This was our third time toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2013This was our third time to Gol and it was delicious as always! It's on the pricey side but well worth it and an overall fun and filling experience!Special Features:
- Food was great, service veryMiamidinerDined on 2/9/2013Food was great, service very good -- Entertainment was not only poor it was annoying and the reason we left early.Special Features:
- Don't Go!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/2/2013Overall very bad would never return...cannot believe they are still in business.
- Lovely place. Great meat.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2013Lovely place. Great meat. Surprisingly good shrimp too! Don't waste your time at the salad bar. Don't sit outside. It's an awkward area and you get less attention than those indoors.Special Features:
- Very welcoming. We were celebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2013Very welcoming. We were celebrating a special birthday and they brought out a special dessert and wrote happy birthday on the plate in syrup. They also sang happy birthday in portegeses.Special Features:
- Very nice location in downtownkradisewitzVIPDined on 1/6/2013Very nice location in downtown Delray but unfortunately the service was poor and the food just okay. I have been to several brazilian steakhouses (including the original Fogo De Chao in Sao Paulo, Brazil) and the experience has been exceptional. This experience was no where even close.
- Most awful meal everOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2012Horrific welcome. Meat was tasty but buffet was third world: mashed potatoes likely came from a box.. No ambience and overpacked, with a cheesy guy in a sweatshirt playing guitar in the corner for music. Waiters were kind but could not make up for the rest of the experience. Overpriced. Terrible.Special Features:
- We had a very poor exeperience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012We had a very poor exeperience. Definitely would not recommend.
- Food was just ok - cheapestStinkpotterDined on 12/27/2012Food was just ok - cheapest cuts came out first and had to request filet and ribs. Even thought the restaurant was not very full, service seemed to take longer than it should have. Entertainer was a bit too proactive for our taste and came off as overbearing.
- Brazilian. Rip offOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012The meat was. Tasteless or had to much garlic. For the price of dinner you could go to a fine steak house. The wait staff was creepy and flirted with under age people at my table. I would never go Back again.
- Impeccable Food & ServiceMkksDined on 12/15/2012E V E R Y T H I N G was delicious. The service was impeccable. Even when we said no more food they didn't hold back and kept offering. The servers really know how to cater to the customers like we are Kings! I even asked for a filet mignon and they cooked a special one just for me. Definitely a spot you have to try. Go for an early dinner to avoid a rush and be able to try all of the meats.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantRen1217Dined on 12/14/2012We were a party of five. We were there early (7:15pm). The service was beyond outraegeous. The management checked on us a few times. The server were amazing. Food was great. The restaurant was warm though. Needed A/CSpecial Features:
- Top notch establishmentVegachiefDined on 12/5/2012We had an excellent experience. Jeremy our primary server was very informative and provided a level of service way beyond expectation.Special Features:
- Phenomenal!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2012This restaurant is spectacular. The Servers are very knowledgeable in regards to both food and beverages. Everyone is very welcoming and eager to please. Wine presentation and overall food experience is one to remember. I will definitely be dining here again. Come very, very hungry as the food is plentiful and delicious.Special Features:
- Service was very poor ; theyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/20/2012Service was very poor ; they would not pass by our table unless asked to very unlike a brazilian experience ; the quality of the meat was poor . Finally when we asked for the check they lost our credit card and had to wait for 25 minutes for them to find it ;not to be recommended
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2012The food was very good and so was the entertainment. The food service was very very slow. It wasn't busy that night, only about 10 tables being used. Long time between delivery of each item.
- Service, food and ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2012Service, food and ambience was up to GOL excellence we have enjoyed each visit.Special Features:
- We ate lunch and it was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/10/2012We ate lunch and it was very quiet, so I cannot comment on a few of the things listed. I can only say, we enjoyed ourselves very much. The food was outstanding, service was great and we loved the space. We have been telling our friends how much we enjoyed and def plan to go back for dinner.Special Features:
- Not going backOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/3/2012I've already sent in a survey of my experiences......and received an accknowledgement....
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2012I have discovered a new love for Braziliian Steakhouses. Gol! Quickly became one of my favorites. I like to read reviews written by other customers. The biggest complaint was the food came slow. In my opinion, the food came at an excellent pace. My plate was overflowing but it gave me the opportunity to eat and savor the flavors of the meat while it was still hot. The waiter/ meat craver provided a brief description or history of the meats. I thought was very informative being a newbie to the Brazilian Foods. There foot bar roused a variety of side dishes. The others in the past were limited to what was brought to your table. This was an added plus. The service was excellent. I would recommend to others.
- The food met all expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012The food met all expectations for the evening. Service was not consistant as their were periods we had o ask for items. We were there just at 8PM and the food was not flowing evenly until later in the evening. The overall experience was enjoyable and we will return.Special Features:
- If you go to Gol! hungr theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2012If you go to Gol! hungr the you will leave very happy.Special Features:
- every item tried was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2012every item tried was very fresh and high quality, Cannot wait to go back. Music was also great.Special Features:
- Great place for a special561algDined on 10/9/2012Great place for a special occasion or try something different! Delicious food and the service was wonderful! The servers were very attentive and the gentleman serving the meat had a very outgoing personality and made sure my table had everything needed.Special Features:
- Food took forever to comeJeffDined on 9/30/2012Food took forever to come out, we only had a choice of 3 different meats and the table service was terrible,
- Lacks Trendiness & SophisticationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/29/2012We were always interested in trying out this restaurant. We bought a Groupon offer and tried it out. The atmosphere of the restaurant resembled a buffet dining hall and lacked the trendiness of the other restaurants on Atlantic. While the food and service was fair, we felt that our Saturday night out without the kids could have been better elsewhere.
- Lyons FamilyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012Our daughter celebrated her 16th Birthday at GOL. We had a party of six & we had a great time. Our daughter was very pleased with the special attention the employees gave her. She felt like a princess. Thank you Frank for making our evening special & memorable for our family. I have shared our experience with my freinds and coworkers.Special Features:
- the worst dining experienceBruceVIPDined on 9/8/2012the worst dining experience i ever had.....from the salad bar selection to the meats...to the service....to the end!:(