Gobo - Upper East Side
1426 3rd Avenue
New York, NY 10028Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
Vegetarian / VeganPrice: $30 and under
Gobo - Upper East Side
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.goborestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2122884686x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 12:00noon - 4:00pm
(last seating 10:15pm & last delivery 10:30pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Vegetarian
- Executive Chef: Yuki Chen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Gobo caters to business and social events of any size, and adapts the presentation to meet your needs and work to accommodate your budget. email@example.com
A word from Gobo - Upper East Side
Contemporary Vegetarian restaurant with a soothing but upbeat ambience, located in the Upper East Side, serving spectacular world cuisine, organic, vegan & kosher wines and exciting and healthy beverages. Lunch specials Mon to Fri.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Gobo - Upper East Side - Best Restaurants in Upper East Side ›
Gobo - Upper East Side reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (9)fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (5)romantic (3)special occasion (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Interesting and tastyfoodieloverDined on 7/22/2014You won't miss the taste of non-veg foods here. Food presentation is wonderful.Special Features:
- Fantastic, despite no A/CnikkNYCDined on 6/17/2014The manager of the restaurant called hours before the reservation to notify our party that the air conditioning wasn't working, but we decided that since the weather was bearable, we would keep our existing reservation because we had heard such great things about Gobo. The restaurant was lovely and the food was delicious. The lettuce wraps were remarkable. Can't go wrong by eating here. Will definitely return!!Special Features:
- Vegetarian DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2014Chosen to meet the needs of my vegetarian friend, I thought the food was really good. My friend did too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/9/2014Good foe vegan food. Pretty deserted at lunch. Nice clean and simple decor.
- Good food, good restaurantRuthDined on 6/8/2014The food is so good here that even vegan haters will thing twice. The butternut risotto is outstanding. We almost ordered a second helping. Try it. You'll like it.Special Features:
- Delicious Vegan FoodAllyDined on 5/13/2014Great food, great service, makes me feel like a "normal" eater . No sacrificing flavor for meatlessness hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodGypsyDined on 5/9/2014This week alone we have been there for both lunch and dinner. The food is excellent, service is wonderful, and the wait staff is always willing to make recommendations.Special Features:
- The following 233 reviews are from the Gobo - Upper East Side reviews archive.
- Quick LunchLLum83VIPDined on 4/18/2014I went to Gobo for a quick lunch by myself on Friday. The lunch specials were various different items, all looked very tasty. I had the coconut rice with beijing smoked seitan with a bit of soy sauce. DELICIOUS! So glad I went there.Special Features:
- Even non-vegetarians will like itregularcustomerVIPDined on 4/4/2014Our waiter did an outstanding job of directing us to an array of delicious dishes. It is always so nice to have a wide range of vegetarian options. Wonderful french press coffee and chocolate cake topped off a successful meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, mediocre serviceajb123VIPDined on 4/3/2014I'm far from vegan but still find myself eating here from time to time. A lot of great food options that are well prepared and original. Service is slow, waiters aren't very friendly and it can be tough to get their attention if/when you need something. That being said, i'd still recommend this restaurant to the non meat eaters out there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eastside vegetarian gemCaseyVIPDined on 3/28/2014A modern take on vegetarian dining. I'm a proud vegetarian, but my experience with vegetarian restaurants is crawling with hippies and lackadaisical servers. Gobo is a nice step up when you want something a cut above the typical casual veg fare. Patrons are always dressed casually and comfortably, but the ambiance is nice. Well lit, huge open space, nice decor. Servers are always attentive. Good wine selection; I recommend the Malbec!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysPickyEaterDined on 3/8/2014the food is always so good and appetizing. I love the wontons and fries. I always get the butternut risotto...makes my mouth water just thinking about it!! The only thing is tables are just way too close for comfort. I wish they were a little further apart from each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoboDinerDined on 3/7/2014We love Gobo. Our favorite items are the pine nut vegetable medley lettuce wraps, the seitan skewers with green tea mustard sauce, and the eggplant with herbed tofu cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!JFLYDined on 3/1/2014Nice casual vegetarian dining. Excellent service. Delicious and creative food. Somewhat overpriced but we would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Delish!PrimaveraDined on 3/1/2014Great food, lots of gluten free options. Waiter was a little spacey but very friendly and an overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat your veggies....with gusto !ElleDined on 2/25/2014Who knew vegetarian dishes could be so scrumptious. We picked Gobo to accommodate some out of town visitors who are vegans, and we will definitely go back. The food was excellent - from diverse choice option to the exotic. They were very good about recommending dishes to us carnivorous and vegans alike and we all left happy, satisfied and delighted we had found a gem in the neighborhood. The atmosphere is very relaxed - almost zen like - which makes for a relaxing and very pleasant dinning experience. .Special Features:
- Decent food but few optionsNicdoesVegVIPDined on 2/16/2014The food was unremarkable and the options were very limited. The brunch options are very slim. I will not return until options are increased.
- tricked the meat-eatersEwedeetDined on 2/12/2014into eating healthy! It was an amazing experience. After all of the grumbles and skepticism everything we ordered, one after the other, was polished off with non-stop comments of, "wow, this is really good!!" And we had at least two people out of five who just wanted a hamburger. Delicious, tasty and filling!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best veggie in Manhattan!SLBethesdaDined on 2/3/2014It's definitely too expensive, but for a splurge, it's the best vegetarian food in Manhattan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vegan food!AllieVIPDined on 1/25/2014Excellent food and very accommodating for food allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another delicious dinnerdelishVIPDined on 1/12/2014Enjoy the scallion pancakes , steamed dumplings , braised tofu , risotto and veggie sliders along with taste sweet potato fries All served with a smile and a warm inviting atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great go-to...kneesVIPDined on 12/23/2013One of our favorite haunts when we are in town. Great service, creative dishes. Some could be spiced up a bit, but the ingredients fresh and preps creative. First time for a late lunch and loved the quiet!Special Features:
- Great dinner with friends!LLum83VIPDined on 11/7/20135 of us met up for dinner and it was a great time! Our serve Abhi was amazing. He was so funny and very attentive while serving us delicious food, filling our waters and just being awesome! The food was delicious, we ate everything off our plates and can't wait to come back!! Thank you Abhi for your dedicated service and for a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasteless veganrdavisVIPDined on 11/4/2013good service. Wish I could say the same about the food. And why the lukewarm water?
- Another great experiencedelishVIPDined on 10/19/2013great menu choices, very pleasant service, relaxing ambiance----gotta try the scallion pancakes n veggie dumplings we go there regularly and have never been disappointedSpecial Features:
- Great vegan delightslunarose47Dined on 10/7/2013Terrific, eclectic vegan menu, reasonably priced. Food was delicious, presented well and the portions were more than adequate. Service was friendly and attentive without being overbearing. Nice wine list.Special Features:
- Best of the bestTlc4tumDined on 10/2/2013I found Gobo to be the most creative and diverse restaurant ever. Exploring and tasting the items on the menu will be a great pleasure. Healthy ingredients artistically served to us by a lovely waitress, who could ask for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but no whole grain pastaBetsyVIPDined on 9/28/2013The pine nut lettuce wraps were great, and everything else we had -- the spaghetti with wheat balls and the key lime pie -- was good as well, though not as memorable. I was a bit unhappy that, after mentioning an interest in whole grains, the server didn't warn us away from the spaghetti when we asked about it, but that was more our fault than hers. As out-of-towners, and given the other restaurant options in the area, I'm not certain we'd go back; if we lived there, I expect we'd be more likely to return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pick for vegan/vegetariansMRoseDined on 9/25/2013Loved the coconut rice as a side and all the different veggie options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative vegan Asian infused!!VeganfoodieVIPDined on 9/20/2013A marvelous addition to the vegan options available in NYC. Our waiter was exceptional, and most attentive to our requests... The food was inventive and innovative, and the none vegans enjoyed their selections as well. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for carni and herbivoresrojakiVIPDined on 9/7/2013Stopped in for dinner with wife and 5 yo. Wife is vegetarian, I am an omnivore with a slant towards carnivore. Perfectly delicious meal with spring rolls, roti, salad, and then I had the soy cutlet with pepper sauce and she had the sweet and sour protein with broccoli. Delicious, filling, paired well with wines. Service could have been just a tad more attentive (it was good but you never want to reach the bottom of your water glass and be waiting) but overall a very pleasant - and filling - dining experience. Will likely return.
- Another enjoyabledelishVIPDined on 8/11/2013Great food. Great selections Comfortable atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another delicious dinnerdelishVIPDined on 7/6/2013Great appetizers - Beijing seitan superb as were veggie slidersSpecial Features:
- Great food, slow serviceAychArrGuyVIPDined on 6/7/2013Gobo has an excellent menu with fantastic vegetarian and vegan options. The restaurant is cozy and clean, too. My only complaint is that the service was extremely slow ... especially given that there were very few other customers there. The smoothies were great, but did they really need to take almost 10 minutes? The food took even longer. It was worth it when it arrived, but the wait was noticeably long. We were not in a rush on this particular day, but I could see this being a problem for others who actually have things to do.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for vegetarians, butOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/1/2013Good for vegetarians, but terrible service. Took ages to get anything and a fair amount of reminding. For the price and small quantity of food, I would say stay away.
- enjoyable dinnerdelishVIPDined on 5/25/2013went her from the Met- excellent menu choices--all dishes/appetiers were delicious--better than the "Cabdle" restaurants more private feeling than the one in th village would highly receommend for a fun/healthy dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably the Worst Vegetarian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/11/2013I've eaten in most of the Top Vegetarian restaurants in the NY, San Francisco, London and around Europe, this is the worst vegetarian food I have ever tasted. Most notable was the lack of actual vegetables, salad or any fresh ingredients. The Scallion Pancakes tasted like they had been sitting around for days and certainly did not taste freshly made. The Wheat Balls with Spaghetti were edible but the waiter was not able to explain to me what the Wheat Balls were made of, other than they were a protein. The main disappointment was the Lettuce Wraps which contained some kind of soya meat substitute that was not mentioned on the menu and overwhelmed the taste of the entire dish. Good Vegetarian food does not have to be Meat Substitutes!!
- WONDERFUL!bluebluesdancerDined on 5/4/2013I am a carnivore who enjoys vegan food, and I went with my vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free friend. She ordered the spinach salad with glazed Walnuts and I ordered the scallion pancakes with mango sauce. Delicious! And when I asked to take the remainder of my pancakes home, they slipped an extra portion of the mashed sweet potato dip in the bag as a little surprise for later! The service was excellent, and I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dull, yet manages to be expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2013Did not enjoy the food too much, and it seemed to be overpriced.
- Food is good, service is notOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/29/2013Food is always above average and I enjoy the asian taste of vegan food. I've been there more than 5 times, and the place is always quiet (almost empty). However, I never got the attentive service. Servers do not pay attention to a table once all foods are served (I think they are busy for deliveries.), and I always have a hard time to order drinks or ask to refill water if I miss a chance when they come to bring our last food. I still have no idea if this restaurant serves dessert or coffee after dinner because no one never asked me. I will come back for the food, but I don't think I should bring anyone who expect good service.I would recommend this to a friend.