Gobo - Greenwich Village
401 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
Vegetarian / VeganPrice: $30 and under
Gobo - Greenwich Village
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.goborestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2122553902x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Sunday: 11:30 a.m. - 11:00pm
Lunch Specials Daily: 11:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
[last seating 10:15pm & last delivery 10:30pm]
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Vegetarian
- Executive Chef: Yuki Chen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Gobo caters business and social events of any size, adapts the presentation to meet your needs and work to accommodate your budget. email@example.com
A word from Gobo - Greenwich Village
Contemporary Vegetarian restaurant with a soothing but upbeat ambience, located in the historic Greenwich Village, serves spectacular world cuisine, organic wines and exciting and healthy beverages. Lunch specials daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gobo - Greenwich Village reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (13)great for lunch (13)romantic (11)special occasion (9)great for brunch (5)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- A constant favoriteagp216VIPDined on 8/19/2014Even non-vegetarians will love Gobo. Eclectic, consistent and so tasty! An absolute favorite of mine that I return to time and time again for a healthy, interesting and always tasty meal.Special Features:
- Gobo Go ToHungryDined on 8/19/2014Absolutely delicious food. Perfect for vegetarians. Try the avocado dip, the vegetable spring rolls. The Bubble tea was fun but probably just a one time deal. The service was smiling and attentive. The food is standout cared for fare. Some very original dishes and loads to try so I will be back. It was full of arty types and foodies. Decor was zen. You won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely return to Gobo!RajalanceDined on 8/13/2014My family and I are vegetarian/vegan, and live in NYC. There are lots of options. But we just went to Gobo for the first time, and it is in our top 5. Loved the avocado tartare and steamed dumplings. The white bean soup was very good. The lettuce wraps and spicy tofu were good although not amazing. The menu is extensive, so we are looking forward to returning and trying other things. The servings were quite large, and we couldn't even look at the dessert menu. The service was very good, the waiter made honest suggestions (ie, when we ordered the lentil soup, he said it was pureed, and had truffle oil, and not everyone liked it. We appreciated his honesty, so we then ordered the bean soup instead).Special Features:
- Vegan paradisedolce4amiDined on 8/7/2014My husband is vegan, but I am not. However, the food was enjoyable even for meat eaters - particularly the noodles and the cutlets. My husband never gets to eat cake because of the eggs & butter. He devoured Gobo's chocolate cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceeasydiningDined on 8/6/2014Great Food, Great Service, Great option for people with multiple food allergy considerations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pricey vegetarian restaurantPrashantDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I chose this based on Zagat ratings. For appetizer, we ordered steamed dumplings - they were amazing. For main course, we ordered pineapple fried rice (ok, didn't taste anything like traditional one) and Vietnamese noodles (tasty) and for dessert, we had the Creme brûlée which was very good - has a fruity and slightly tart taste - liked it Waiter took the order and delivered the food - no follow ups to check i if we liked the food or any other conversation. Many items on menu we have not tried and may give this restaurant another try next yearI would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful creative veg foodJudyVIPDined on 8/4/2014Upscale vegetarian with a great wine/cocktail list and outstanding, friendly service. Small plates or dinner portions. Unusual, creative flavors.Special Features:
- Fantastic vegan Korean restaurantveganinnycDined on 8/1/2014We tried their price-fixed Restaurant Week dinner. Each course was a beautiful presentation of delicious food with perfect balances of textures, spices and temperatures. Reservations were made easily via email. You take your shoes off and climb down into the benches for seating at your table. The setting was comfortable, although there were crumbs along the wall and you have to tip-toe around the person next to you to leave the table or they have to climb out of their seat to let you out. Also, it was a Saturday night, so they were busy and the staff hovered a bit so it felt a bit rushed.Special Features:
- Great for heathy food ok facilityBpaulphillipsDined on 7/20/2014Great menu of healthy fresh alive food and good service. But we didn't like the facilities that much, it needs new lighting, butter temp control (it was freezing) and a bit nicer softer warmer setting
- fine as alwaysrj3820Dined on 7/10/2014Was back for a visit and made sure I headed to Gobo. The food and the service was as good as always. It made catching up with an old friend even better.Special Features:
- Good but noisyMelissaKaveskiDined on 7/4/2014Had a pretty good vegan meal here. We were one of two tables in the whole restaurant, and there was such a loud broken fan noise that we had to raise our voices to hear each other. Spinach cheese wontons were really weird, everything else was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every way!QueenBDined on 6/14/2014This was my second visit to Gobo. Couldn't wait to return after the first visit, which excelled in every way. This time visit didn't disappoint either! The food and service were excellent. We were served by a different waiter this time, but the waiter from last time remembered me - which was very nice. I can't rate Gobo enough. I have been to many vegetarian restaurants and Gobo beats them all, in every aspect. Looking forward to making my third visit :)Special Features:
- Excellent.FoodhunterVIPDined on 6/13/2014I am not. Vegetarian, but had a great time in Gobo. This is a jewel in Greenwich Village and deserves a try. Fine foidSpecial Features:
- Creative menu, great serviceTheFoodGhostDined on 6/11/2014So many things to choose from on this menu you almost feel like you´re in Chinatown except the ingredients are all so healthy and there are some really creative dishes. Our waiter was happier than the cast of Book of Mormon and made the experience even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy healthy eating!Rachie101Dined on 6/9/2014Great food. Really enjoyed with different dishes we got. The scallion pancakes are a must!Special Features:
- Food was decentVeggieloverDined on 6/7/2014Since this was listed as one of the best vegetarian restaurants in NYC, my expectations were high. This is more like a high quality Chinese restaurant than a creative vegetarian one. The service was friendly, the atmosphere was VERY loud and the bathrooms were clean. Food was wholesome but lacked pizzazz. The dinner menu was not so clear, didn't list all the ingredients in the dishes. Since we were celebrating my boyfriend's birthday and his goal is to eat at all the best vegetarian restaurants, this failed to impress our party of three.Special Features:
- Amazing vegn/vegetarian food.RockyDined on 6/5/2014Liked it so much went back again today! I am not a vegetarian but food like this could convert me. Every dish so far was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarian great for carnivores!DelishDishDined on 5/28/2014I really enjoyed the Moo Shu Cabbage and Carrots, and the Pine Nut Lettuce Wraps were really delicious! Even though I am a meat eater, I would definitely come back here.Special Features:
- Not a vegetarianBeachrockVIPDined on 5/27/2014I eat a lot of vegetarian food, however. But I don't care for fake meat, which is mostly what's available here. My malaysian curry tasted good, (coconut rice very good) but wasn't anything special. Service was perfunctory, and not that fast, considering the place was half-empty.
- Tasty Asian veggie delightsJustvisiting77Dined on 5/26/2014We loved the yam fries to share and the pomegranate ginger ale. All our choices were tasty. Next time we would order small plates so that could we could share different things. Large plates are filling! Very helpful and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan Vegetarian DelightDadmeisterDined on 5/26/2014We went with a group of six and were not disappointed. Small plates, salad and large plate were excellent. Plenty on this menu to keep coming back. We were there when the restaurant was a bit empty so not sure how it would be when full.Special Features:
- The following 464 reviews are from the Gobo - Greenwich Village reviews archive.
- Thanks, Gobo!LauraRVIPDined on 5/20/2014I am not a vegan--not even a vegetarian--yet Gobo is a favorite place, for its ambience and satisfying, novel food. When I have a veg client or friend to take out, it always seals the deal. I love seeing their eyes light up when they realize they can order anything on the extensive menu, and it is all tasty and lovely.Special Features:
- not as good as beforeJmsfoVIPDined on 5/4/2014and the grumpy White guy who waited on me could use some brushing up on his social skills. Really thought the food was so/so
- A Great Vegetarian SpotTrevorLBrooksVIPDined on 4/24/2014The menu was extensive in offering with a selection of options that made it feel worldly. The portion sizes did not disappoint and we left feeling very satisfied with our meal and our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- guestrobertoDined on 4/23/2014friendly staff, good vegetarian food, fair price, recommendedSpecial Features:
- Better than beforeLizlyDined on 4/19/2014When I first came here last year, I wasn't crazy about my meal. I had come back since then because my friends really enjoy it. I ended up going back twice last week, specifically, our waiters gave some incredible recommendations. Plus, I finally got to try the dessert, which was fantastic! Thanks, guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & restriction friendlyAllyDined on 4/5/2014Vegan? Gluten free? No problem! Took a vegan and a celiac to this vegetarian spot and everyone was happy. Good was delicious, price was reasonable. I would eat here anytime! The only downside was that the expediter kept bringing things to the wrong tables and we had to advise him that no, that's not for us, we are waiting on such-and-such. Very minor and he's probably still training. Despite the expediter service was very quick. Very pleased with this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightPaulDined on 4/5/2014I was looking for a place to bring my wife for our date night. When we arrived at the restaurant there wasn't many people dining. Slowly people came in as it got later. The service was great, waiters would circulate each table about every 5-10 mins to fill our waters. My wife is a vegetarian and this place was one of the highest rated restaurant on open table. I prefer a restaurant that severs meat but their alternatives were amazing. I enjoyed the every dish that we ordered. The dishes were all very well flavored and were fairly large porting sized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent as alwaysnoonisVIPDined on 4/3/2014the food is always good and the service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous vegetarianLizzieDDined on 4/1/2014Gobo serves up absolutely delish vegan and vegetarian dishes -- fresh, inventive, healthy feasting. I'll be back, again and again.Special Features:
- Delicious!QueenBDined on 3/29/2014Being a vegetarian for 36 years, I am always on the look out for a good vegetarian restaurant. Gobo didn't disappoint me! My first impression was how nice and cozy it was. Our waiter was excellent - gave us first class service and didn't rush us on anything, even long after the check was paid. The food was delicious and of course, so nice to have so much to choose from! I definitely recommend Gobo and will certainly be returning there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vegetarian foodCitationmDined on 3/22/2014The food and service were both excellent. We had tofu rolls, risotto, chopped salad, a tofu stir fry, and key lime for dessert (probably the best part). The portions were surprisingly bigger than what I was anticipating. I've been here several times, and plan on visiting more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for non vegetarians tooHughDined on 3/15/2014Love each of our menu choices... Vietnamese noodles Moosu noodles Sizzling cutlets were amazingSpecial Features:
- good but not greatEROSSDined on 3/8/2014Pleasant atmosphere but food was good quality but mostly unexciting. Vegan doesn't have to mean boring. Drinks were excellent as was the service and the atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of good vegetarian placesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/28/2014I found out this place through blog and my colleague who lives around that neighborhood. My friend and I ordered two appetizers (cheese wonton and mango marinated tofu), one small dish (eggplants and green beans) and green noodle with bolognese sauce as main dish. All foods are so good! I was not happy about sake-jito. As dessert, we ordered creme brulee and vegan chocolate cake along with moroccan mint tea. They are excellent. I would love to go back again, but I think I am going to stick with wine instead of cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but miserable serviceMeghnaDined on 2/25/2014Food For vegan/vegetarians/vegetable loving carnivores - great food! Soy/Curd textures are right and sauces are delish! Service Mediocre would be an understatement for the poor service we received. We sat in the middle of a large picnic-like table and I was promptly served water while my friend's glass was overlooked for 20 minutes. This trend continued when the waiter forgot an entire entree and was so scarce that we could barely flag him down to inquire about the dish. Finally, he shows up and apologized by citing the fact that he was confused once he took our order. It didn't occur to him to come back and clarify? Left this meal so hungry solely because the service was below terrible. My solution/suggestion: Order food to go!
- Great Village veggiesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/22/2014My girlfriend and I have visited Gobo twice. We've consistently loved their entrees, which offer a variety of approaches to Asian-style vegetarian cooking. Anything with mushrooms or soy nuts, in particular, will be spectacular. Skip the spring rolls (flavorless) and the juices (too sweet) in favor of more aggressively savory options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After a long absence, it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/20/2014After a long absence, it was nice to return to this vegetarian adventure. The food is tasty and so well presented with lots of variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly wonderfuloverboard89Dined on 2/15/2014I'm not one for vegetarian restaurants, but this place was a real gem! The interior decorator did an excellent job creating a welcoming space with original lighting and a nice flow. The center of the restaurant was filled with several individual tables lined up in a row, which gave the illusion of one communal table. We sat towards the end, right in front of the kitchen, and the smells alone were divine. I would have been happy sitting there for hours just observing and inhaling all the dinner options, which, even though I barely knew what I was eating, were beautiful, delicious, and substantial. If every vegetarian meal were like this, I would give up meat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and good foodgrizabellaDined on 2/14/2014Came here for Valentine's day. Very friendly waiter staff, nice atmosphere, and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.