300 West Mt. Pleasant Aveue
Philadelphia, PA 19119Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.goathollow.com/
- Phone: 2674285672
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am;
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Glickman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a separate dining room that can be reserved for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Kate Stewert 2674285672
- Entertainment: Goat Hollow will be offering live entertainment as a compliment to it's quality food and beverage program.
A word from Goat Hollow
“ Take a neighborhood bar whose owners aged out of the business. Stir in two veterans of the Center City restaurant scene, and add a chef who knows what a bar crowd wants to eat. That's the recipe at just-reopened Goat Hollow on Mount Pleasant Avenue in Mount Airy. ”Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Goat Hollow reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great But Parking NightmareOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/30/2014Good second experience. Nice decor and eclectic menu. Just not possible to go out to a casual dinner without sweating bullets about whether you car will be there after the last bite of the chocolate mousse. I will think twice about going again because of the parking nightmare.Special Features:
- Great gastropub with deliciousHillaryVIPDined on 3/30/2014Great gastropub with delicious brunch. Eggs sardou is fantastic.Special Features:
- Great food, service and ambienceHankFoodDined on 3/28/2014I love Goat Hollow. This last time I visited I was recommended the Jambalaya. It was a masterpiece loaded with clams, mussels shrimp, ham, sausage and chicken. The broth was delicious. Washed that down with a couple of their 22 beers on draught. Highly recommend "The Goat"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience. The neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/28/2014Great experience. The neighborhood is unexpected and filled with character. The waiter was knowledgeable and friendly. The menu was creative and unique. The food was fresh and well presented. Not huge portions but that is appreciated these days. The only downside is the parking; there is none. It is worth the search just to experience this gem. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Not my first visitJmaxDined on 3/25/2014And it will not be my last visit. Nice neighborhood spot. I had the special brisket--very tasty. My dining partner had wonderful mussels. Service is always attentive, and the atmosphere inviting.Special Features:
- Super hip decor-good food!TravelGirlPaDined on 3/24/2014As soon as you walk in and see the hip decor, you know they've got something different here. We went as a last minute decision and food and service were both great! Daughter had a quinoa cake Entree and loved it and husband had fish tacos. The Salmon appetizer plate was Delish. Parking is the only part that can be a little tricky. But we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriselisadebaVIPDined on 3/22/2014As out of towners we ended up driving a bit to find Goat Hollow. It was worth the drive. Beautiful, pleasant inviting restaurant. Comfortable bar with a great drink menu, a huge list of beers and interesting wines. The menu was interesting and David, our waiter, was great with helping us make our decisions. The brisket special and the mussels were just two of the delicious dishes we tried and loved. Andy, the owner, came over to make sure everything was going well which is was. I would highly recommend having a relaxing, delicious meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So close to being a greatTkapVIPDined on 3/10/2014So close to being a great spot. The food is good, service OK, but there is just no vibe. They need music or something to take them to the next level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad macfamilyDined on 3/1/2014The food generally was okay. The lobster mac and cheese was over cooked and we couldnt find any lobster. The food was very slow to arrive. Server was nice.Special Features:
- Warm and invitingMereDined on 2/28/2014I had a very enjoyable evening and meal at Goat Hollow. I made a special seating request on this site and the management accommodated it nicely. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. My dining partners were very pleased with their selections, lobster Mac and cheese and pasta Bolognese. My steak frites a little bit tough but tasty. Bread pudding and apple crisp, YUM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findAcm5255VIPDined on 2/28/2014A fun night out with great food and drink options. Definitely a great find in this cute neighborhood. Tons of interesting and delicious menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to meet upArdmoreDinerDined on 2/23/2014Great place to meet up with friends & family! Very attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen tends to be a littleMactVIPDined on 2/22/2014Kitchen tends to be a little slow. And it gets markedly slower as the tables fill up. Be prepared to nurse your appetizer.
- Comfortable and interestingWyncoteDined on 2/22/2014Nice neighborhood spot. Good food. Good service. Nothing not to like. Interesting menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingArtieLDined on 2/21/2014Based on thumbs up from friends and a chef from Monk's I had high expectations. We got off to a poor start, waiting for about ten minutes for drink orders. Based off of experience at Monk's we ordered burgers and mussels. Our medium rare burgers arrived medium well; ate them anyway as we were quite hungry. I later showed the waitress the burger and she was taken aback and apologetic. The burger tasted good - not great, just good - despite the overcooking. Mussels were good, not memorable. The beer list is good and I enjoyed a cask bitter (Yard's, I believe). Once past the late start our waitress was friendly and attentive. We ate upstairs which was quiet despite being full. The downstairs atmosphere was more inviting and active, though.
- Valentines SurpriseBWAGSDined on 2/14/2014We visited Goat Hollow for the first time on Valentines Day which is usually a big risk but were surprised with great food and great service from Matt our waiter which made for a wonderful meal and a sure return. We tried the cheese plate which is a great start with homemade duck pate and then went to the steak frites and poutine which were done perfectly. What a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's dayEllieDined on 2/14/2014Had a delicious dinner on Valentine's day with a group of friends. Service was the best I've had in a long time and the food was very good. The music could have been a little lower but it didn't force us out. Really nice dinner and will go back again and again I'm sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little spot!SharonDined on 2/14/2014The food was great! Our server was friendly and very knowledgable. We were running behind and called to let them know and they were very good about accommodating us on a holiday evening. The owner personally greeted is and knew exactly what we ordered and is friendly and very involved in his operation and obviously cares about his customers from our experience. We will return. Thank you for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No muscleGDawgVIPDined on 2/12/2014Service friendly, but waay too slow. Mussels were tasty, but tiny. Very disappointing.
- Great first impression.MarcGDined on 2/5/2014When our power was out we needed to find a place that was open so we could have dinner. Went to Goat Hollow and was so impressed with the ambiance, the wait staff and the food. Liked it so much we went back two days later and took our neighbor. We'll definitely make Goat Hollow a regular stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cut above neiborhood bar foodJoetVIPDined on 2/1/2014Our first visit based on a gift card. My wife's Caesar salad had too much garlic but her burger was delicious. My cup of chilli was tasty but but the big dollop of sour cream made it a bit colder than I'd like. My mussels were tasty and succulent but again heavy handed on the garlic (and I'm a garlic fan). They we're served with a nice dinner roll and great fries with both ketchup and a special sauce- yummy. Small but nice selection of wines and beers. Service was very good on an energetic Saturday night. A little restraint on the garlic would have made they food much better.Special Features:
- Small place but big flavorsJmanoiDined on 1/30/2014Awesome restaurant. Food was really good. They had a small lil band.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad to find this!CaroVIPDined on 1/25/2014Very happy to find this in our neighborhood! We went there for dinner and were very pleased with the menu, cocktails and beer list. Our server was very nice and personable, the food was tasty, and the overall experience was great! I had the mussels (prepared with onion, wit beer, and ham), and my husband had the burger. Both were very tasty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth it.dylemaDined on 1/19/2014Understaffed: took 15 minutes for a server to come to our table, 30 minutes til we had drinks and 1 hour til our food came. Unorganized: People who were seated after us were getting served before we were. Food mediocre: many items were not as described on the menu, food was lukewarm, one of our orders was wrong, and one of my items was missing. Ambiance: I was freezing in the restaurant. Won't be back.
- Never go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2014The restaurant was very cold, we mentioned to the waitress and she said there was nothing she could do..she did not even try to act like she cared. I ordered my food and the order came out wrong , again Waitress did not apologize. The food was OK, the atmosphere was terrible and the Service was horrible.
- Smoked salmon appetizer wasbaloneycatDined on 12/31/2013Smoked salmon appetizer was very good. I had the Lincoln Drive mussels which were tasty but had a small amount of grit in some of them. My partner had the brisket which he said was quite good aside from some fat on the meat. The beer and wine selection were not huge but the ones offered were high quality, mainly craft brews.
- Goat Hollow is a Mt. AiryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/30/2013Goat Hollow is a Mt. Airy gem. Glad it is back with a great vibe, pub menu and rustic yet creative reno... Superb beer list.Special Features:
- What a great place to go forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/27/2013What a great place to go for great food and fun atmosphere. From the cocktails to their desserts, to their great service. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually a hit....nathalieDined on 12/24/2013I have been to Goat Hollow a few times for happy hour and for food. I have usually left thinking the food and service and ambiance were excellent. We went for Christmas eve and they were not up to their usual standard. The service was severely lacking. It took 20 minutes just to get a drink order in, which was the pace for all orders/food. We were asked twice about desserts which took about 40 minutes to come out. The place was not packed but we couldn't move away from a draft coming from the door, which we felt a lot because it took so long for our meal. The food when it came out was ok but burnt. And finally the dessert was undercooked (on the inside) and charred (on top) at the same time (go figure). Despite this I would still rec.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood resterauntadbphillyDined on 12/24/2013I love this place. I live in Chestnut Hill and eat at the restaurants there more often, but the 5 minute drive to Mount Airy is well worth it for something different. I LOVE the food at Goat Hollow, the draft beer list is amazing. The service has always been excellent. Price wise it is definitely better than the Chestnut Hill alternatives. Fun place. And i have to recommend the Bisket,. Also the gluten free alternatives to many of the dishes seem to be excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but slow...dynrDined on 12/24/2013The temperature was around freezing outside. it seemed like they had the thermostat set very low in the restaurant. We and several other people had to wear our coats during dinner. It's unfortunate because otherwise the ambiance was nice. The food was good once we received it, but it took an hour to get our main course. It was even longer for the people at the table next to us. They almost left before their food arrived because the wait was so long.
- First experience was enjoyableelgptDined on 12/20/2013Very nice Ambience, not too loud I usually try the burger first, and Goat hollow burgers were very good, fries were done right too, We also had the muscles, very enjoyable Service was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Neighborhood SpotCHresidentVIPDined on 12/20/2013We like Goat Hollow and enjoy the food and the variety of beer/wine. It can be loud in the downstairs room so if you are looking for a quiet place, see if they are seating upstairs or go elsewhere. You can't go wrong with the menu and there are enough different options to meet the needs of those who have special dietary restrictions. Never had anything we didn't like. The servers are friendly and helpful. The kitchen can be slow. If you are OK with a leisurely pace, it's great. If you have to be somewhere at a specific time, careful. This issue was particularly bad this visit. Very slow and strangely paced meal (a side dish came out after the appetizer but about 20 minutes before the entrees). Despite this, a place worth visiting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time in Chestnut Hillnd6irish4Dined on 12/19/2013I took my wife here for her birthday, and we had a great time. We just moved to Glenside from Philly in late summer and we found ourselves missing the great restaurants from the city. Instead of taking her back into Philly, I wanted to find some new places nearby that offered the same experience. Goat Hill was definitely that, exceeding our expectations for great food, their cocktail list, beers on tap, and great service. The decor and ambiance inside is pretty cool too, we will definitely be returning with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My First Time @ Goat HollowDinner42PleaseDined on 12/7/2013Very nice ambiance, quick seating, good food, and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The atmosphere at Goat HollowmtairydinerDined on 12/7/2013The atmosphere at Goat Hollow was friendly-- quiet but not stuffy at all--our large talkative group did not seem out of place. The food was very good and the server pleasant and well informed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved every minute of it.chompyDined on 12/2/2013From the moment we walked in til the moment we left, I was impressed. The food is out of the world delicious. I recommend the pork belly dumplings, the pork chops and the creme brulee. Now, this was my first visit but I will be back to try other things. I am already excited to return and hope that my experience is just as good. However, we were there for a total of two hours. Which is a long time for a dinner, but we enjoyed ourselves so we didn't even notice until we left. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone.Special Features:
- Great GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/25/2013I had never heard of this place before but it was perfect for me. I had to meet a colleague for lunch and he lives in the Mt. Airy area live up Germantown Avenue several miles about 5 miles away. It was a great physical locations at first but they had fantastic beer on tap and great food. It looked new and had a very chic vibe -- very cool. It was a Monday so we were lucky so it was very quiet -- at one point I think we were the only people but even crowded I would not hesitate for a second to go. And being literally in Chestnut Hill all you have to do is head back to Germantown Avenue and you have the best windows shopping around. Artisinal food -- for example my awesome salmon platter was served on a piece os SLATE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved the food, the ambience....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/23/2013We loved the food, the ambience.... all was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/16/2013This restaurant is fine if you live in the neighborhood. The food was delicious. We visited on a Saturday night. The place was full and noisy, so noisy that people at nearby tables were yelling to be heard. The service was extremely slow, even for drinks. I have many good restaurants closer to my home, so I doubt that I will return.Special Features: