Go Fish Restaurant
27 Coogan Blvd
Mystic, CT 06355Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Go Fish Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gofishct.com/
- Phone: 8605362662
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Select Fore Menu 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Sushi available in the evenings.
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
Sunday: 12:00 pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joesph D. Collins Jr.
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: GO FISH offers private dining, perfect for any occasion. Please feel free to contact us anytime with inquiries. We look forward to speaking with you.
- Private Party Contact: GO FISH Manager 8605362662
A word from Go Fish Restaurant
The Freshest Fish This Side of the Shoreline! Enjoy Mystic's best seafood any way you want it … raw or cooked. Dine on the freshest sushi and raw bar selections; carefully grilled, roasted, steamed, seared or Cajun-blackened fish; creative salads, pastas and stews; or beef and poultry entrees. Enjoy all of this in a visually eclectic sea of murals, mobiles, sculpture, paintings, blown glass, and neon by regional artists. Go Fish – a thoroughly fresh experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Go Fish Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Mystic ›
Go Fish Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (15)kid-friendly (12)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)special occasion (6)notable wine list (5)neighborhood gem (4)romantic (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Fabulous FishBrunchBunchVIPDined on 9/21/2014This is the place for freshly prepared fish. Particularly notable have been tuna and scallop dinners. We were also impressed that fresh vegetables were not overcooked; had a little crunch. The bean dip accompanying the bread is excellent.Special Features:
- Will be backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014Have visited on several occasions. Staff is friendly and efficient. Past meals have always been well prepared and tasty. Was disappointed this time with the stuffed sole as there were a number of bones in the fillet. Will chalk this up to a kitchen oversight. We all have off days. Prior dining experience has always been good. Will visit again.Special Features:
- Nice surpriseOTfanaticVIPDined on 9/12/2014We chose the restaurant because it was near our hotel. It was a nice surprise. Highly varied menu. Excellent fresh fish and sushi options. Friendly, efficient service. Not much on ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014This was not my first trip to Go Fish but the quality has declined in the last few years. The food was just uninspiring. Under-seasoned and surprisingly flavorless seafood in a town really known for fresh fish. Most disappointing was the oblivious server. I've forgotten his name but he made us feel like his absolute last priority.Special Features:
- Excellent ServicejbandkpDined on 8/30/2014We had not been back to Go Fish for many years and were impressed with the knowledge of the waiter. One person in our party of 4 has a dairy allergy and the waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and what could be substituted to avoid any issues. He was sure to let the cooks know not to use any dairy products in the preparation of that diner's meal. The food was very good and obviously they specialize in seafood dishes. Portions were good sized and doggy bags were requested by 3 of us. Prices are a little on the high side (this is Mystic however) especially since salads are not included with your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit Often, Always EnjoyPatientSrDined on 8/29/2014Go Fish is a reliable standby for my wife and me. They really know how to prepare fish. We both like the baked cod. We usuallu try something from the sushi bar as well. Not knowing much about sushi, it is hard for us to judge. We have enjoyed everything. Go Fish is a big restaurant and always seems to have seating with no wait. We especially enjoy sitting near the sushi bar, which is sort of a cozy section by itself.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We went with 2 other couples that we hadn't seen in months so there was lots of "catching up". The dinner was wonderful and we were allowed to stay until late just sitting around talking and we weren't bothered by intrusive waitstaff. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Found place to have a nice atmosphere, good food and excellent service. I had the tuna and my wife has salmon, both were very good. Service was excellent. My only ask is to expand the sushi offerings in the main dining area. Full sushi offered in a separate area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good seafood spotJBartDined on 8/10/2014Go Fish was a nice shoreline spot for good seafood, friendly atmosphere, and good service. Arrive a bit early and stroll through Mystic Village before having a pleasant dining experience at Go Fish. We will be back again.Special Features:
- Wonderful sushi and seafood!PattyPVIPDined on 8/4/2014The sushi and seafood are outstanding at Go Fish. We started with the nachos which featured sashimi tuna, sesame oil, scallions, jalapeno and more on fried wonton wrappers. Beautifully presented! The grilled tuna on greens was fresh and perfectly prepared. The playboy roll was amazing, and the fried scallop plate was succulent and sweet. The service was very nice, but not especially efficient, but it might have been a busy night. We are glad to have found a wonderful restaurant featuring fresh, deliciously prepared seafood!Special Features:
- AverageChrisVIPDined on 8/2/2014It was a decent experience but nothing special. Prices were a bit om the high side and I thought the food was bland. I had the baked scallops with too much breading on them. The sides were ok too. Reminded me of a chain restaurant.
- Rainy day in MysticOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/2/2014Rainy rainy day in Mystic Ct and we decided to lunch at GO FISH. We had eaten here earlier in the season for dinner and loved it so it was an easy choice. Clearly understaffed the day we ate here for lunch. We were asked if we wanted to sit at bar, said no and were seated in the front room. Our server had ALL the tables in that room. He however did a GREAT job and handled it with grace. We started with clam chowder and fried carlamari which were both great and served piping hot. We both went with salads for the main portion on the meal, Caesar salad and grilled pear salad, both were outstanding and we are two for two with this restaurant. We will be back in area once more before the season is over and we are looking to returning.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/19/2014better selection of non-seafood items so if anyone in your party doesn't like seafood, they still enjoy their experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gigantic restaurantCookieSnapperVIPDined on 7/18/2014If you are in the Mystic area and are looking for average food with very good service - go here. While the food is unremarkable, you will never have to wait for a table as this is one of the largest restaurants I have ever seen (former supermarket). The sushi is average and the menu is pretty large. Service is very good / folks are very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScotttDined on 7/11/2014Try the sushi or the great new inventive dishes. Try the Tokyo natchos for a taste experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedCocoLaDined on 7/5/2014Great waitstaff, not too crowded, nice children's menu. Food was good, better than we expected. Happy that they take reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge!LeeLeeVIPDined on 6/28/2014It's a huge restaurant! We opted for sushi and we not disappointed. Every dish was delicious.Special Features:
- Fresh seafood, well-preppedReadyEddyDined on 6/27/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal - drinks, sushi & appetizers, entrees, etc. Generous portions, very fresh, nice preparation, service was attentive and friendly. An initial snafu on our reservation was immediately attended to by the manager and we were seated right away. She came back to check on us later - just a well run restaurant on a very busy night. Make a reservation via OpenTable or do call-ahead directly, or expect a bit of a wait. Nice bar and seating area, too.
- The following 105 reviews are from the Go Fish Restaurant reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/20/2014First time here and we loved it. Zack our server did a great job in helping us tonight. Chowder was great. We shared an order of fried calamari and it was the most tender that either of us have ever had as well as being served piping hot. We both opted for salads as our main course ... the grilled chicken salad and the grilled fruit salad, both were great and good size. The atmosphere is cool taking on mystic and fish theme, we really enjoyed ourselves and will be back on our next trip into the area, thanksSpecial Features:
- RosalindDined on 6/20/2014Our fish was fresh, well prepared and delicious. And our server was very gracious and accommodating even with special requests. A wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- mediocre on all countsTaraDDined on 6/15/2014We received 4 different menus: all day menu, dinner specials menu, wine list, and ? don't remember. I ordered a Bloody Mary but what I got was a small rocks glass filled with mostly ice and vodka and a splash of tomato juice, celery, lemon wedge, and olives. It was barely pink. I had to return it. The next one came with more tomato juice and just as much ice and equally flavorless. The appetizer of 3 cocktail shrimp was good and the cocktail sauce was tasty. My dad's little necks and Caesar salad were decent but the anchovies he asked to be added to his Caesar salad were, in fact, marinated herring. Grilled tuna salade nicoise was awful: boiled white potato, large string beans, steamed (not grilled) tuna, and a few greens. Uninspired.
- Good food, poor serviceCasmDined on 6/6/2014We had eaten here once before and had a very good experience. This time food was just as good, but our server was not. Entrees were brought out before appetizer plates were removed. Asked if we wanted dessert while we were still eating out entrees, then gave us the bill. I recommend this restaurant. Just hope you don't get our server.
- Good food, but...BrunchBunchVIPDined on 5/25/2014Although the meals were good, they were overshadowed (first time in many visits) by poor service (long wait for someone to greet us at the table and bring water, long wait to order, water refilled only if we asked, server did not come back to check on meals after serving them. Sent one dinner back because vegetables were lukewarm. Second bread basket had cold centers (not defrosted sufficiently?). That being said, this is not our usual experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LouiseDined on 5/23/2014We arrived early but were able to be seated right away. They have an area with a full menu plus a sushi menu and another area where the menu has limited sushi options. All of the food was very fresh and good. The waitress was very helpful in explaining different types of sushi. The location is near shops so we were able to walk around before dinner. Enjoyed the restaurant.Special Features:
- Big and beautifulFinzloverDined on 5/10/2014Go Fish is a huge restaurant, noisy, busy, but the food is good, the service is fast, and the prices are reasonable. We had oysters, tuna tartare, salmon, salads and they were all good. Not a gourmet's delight, but if you are in Mystic with kids, you can't go wrong. Surprisingly good food for the size and place.Special Features:
- No problems at all!Megmel15Dined on 4/25/2014We were brought to our table immediately, although I was surprised there were not as many people there on a Friday night as previous visit (it is still not tourist season). We were able to order everything at once because we were starving and I had planned on this date night for the whole week. Only "downside" was that the bread came out after we feasted on the calamari and spicy crab roll we ordered for appetizers, which we didn't need but ate nonetheless. We enjoyed our wine flights, ate our dinner at a very appropriate pace, and left satisfied.Special Features:
- Delicious and Great ServiceMeatandPotatoesDined on 4/25/2014Our server was very knowledgeable regarding the menu and the wine list. The group I was with likes to take our time, we never felt rushed and our server was very attentive. The food was prepared and presented very elegantly. I'm not a seaford person and there were plenty of options for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2014menu was limited; @ 6:30 the special i tried to order had already run out; service was un-attentive. would not come back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/16/2014Good food andreat service. I at at the bar and had dinner and a couple of drinks. The scallops were cooke perfectly. The Tuna Tar Tar, was average. I will return
- We went for lunch, it wasVA2GetawayVIPDined on 4/11/2014We went for lunch, it was empty yet service was notably slow and inattentive. We both ordered seared tuna rare. It arrived hard and overcooked. Perhaps because it sat undelivered to our table for many minutes? Took a long time to get our waitress, then a longer time for her to return with the offer of cooking another piece. When it arrived properly seared rare, it was quite good. But we ate it alone as we had long before finished the Niçoise salad it came with. We ate it from the tiny bare salad plate on which it was served. Also, ambience is only suited to evening and crowds... Dark and cavernous.
- Good timecanneverrememberDined on 4/5/20146 of us had Sat. night reservations. We were shown to a perfect table, round and set away from the center of the room. Our server was friendly and answered our questions. We just wondered why she didn't ask if we wanted to place any drinks orders. We had to ask. The food was very good, but maybe not the best. The fresh oysters were excellent. The salmon good. Both orders of scallops were delicious. Salads were big and beautiful. The desserts were delicious. We had a creme brulee, a cookie sundae and two flourless chocolate cakes. I'm sorry I'm not more informative, but we were chatting non-stop and didn't mention the food. I let a friend order the wine, so I didn't see the selection.
- Highly recommend this gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014The staff are all wonderful and the food is phenomenal. This our second visit in less than a month and we look forward to coming back! We live over an hour away, but Go Fish is definitely worth the trip!!Special Features:
- So soOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/31/2014Reception at the check in desk was awful felt like they did not really care whether we were there. Food was average, not upto reputation. Fish was over fried . The waitress was goodSpecial Features:
- Go FishtjjeVIPDined on 3/14/2014This restaurant is up and down for us. This visit the service was okay, but could have been much better. The food was very good and the oysters were excellent. The prices are very good for the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great lunch at Go FishCapeCodderVIPDined on 3/10/2014Go Fish consistently serves delicious seafood and salads with friendly, professional staff.Special Features:
- would try again....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2014We really enjoyed the setting by the sushi bar. It was quiet and relaxing. We started off with Sushi, the shrimp tempura (a special they had) was very good, but we would not order the California roll again. The fish tacos were tasty but had a little too much cole slaw that over powered the flavor of the fish. I choose to eat here because they offer a raw bar, it was great! Service was very good! We are going to try to eat here again & get entrees instead of sushi next time!Special Features:
- Excellent fresh fish specials !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014The entree items with an Asian flair were a very pleasant and delicious surprise . Service was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made a reservation onlinePattifrmtheblockDined on 2/22/2014Made a reservation online and didn't have to wait. Food was delicious and price was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good - althoughSeanVIPDined on 2/16/2014The food was good - although the sushi cuts were very small. In general it was a solid but not outstanding restaurant. We were a bit surprised to find our bill for two people had jumped to $100 (no drinks) - which was a result of the appetizer section being very - well - appetizing. The place is huge and you feel it in the service. We were promised bread twice before it finally showed up alongside our appetizers. I expect more for that kind of check but if you're at Old Mistick and want a seafood dinner, it's a solid option.Special Features:
- excellent as alwaysluvnsushiDined on 2/14/2014We love going to Go Fish! The food is always excellent and the staff is always pleasant and make you feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.