215 S. Main St.
Moscow, ID 94510Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.moscowgnosh.com/
- Phone: (208) 882-7830
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Steakhouse, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Eric Conte
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Gnosh
Gnosh is a locally focused and seasonally driven eatery that serves craft beer and exceptional wines to supplement its chef-driven cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Gnosh - Best Restaurants in Moscow ›
Gnosh reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (10)romantic (7)neighborhood gem (7)notable wine list (6)special occasion (4)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014We had the salmon and burger with brussel sprouts for an appetizer. The salmon was excellent. The burger was better than average, but nothing special. The sprouts were good. There were some interesting options, but the menu is pretty small. The vibe is cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- November 2014FairlyToughCriticDined on 11/8/2014The ambiance and service were both really good, I think in large part due to the restaurant being only 1/3 full (even though it was a Saturday night). The menu hasn't changed much in the past couple of years, but it is still different enough from most restaurants in the area to make it interesting. The food quality was a bit uneven; some things were good (soup and sides on the main course) and others okay (bison). The poutine was super rich, which spoiled our appetite for other things (i.e., don't order unless you love poutine). Overall, I would go back, but not that regularly.Special Features:
- long wait for serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014I don't know if they are trying to provide a "relaxed" dining experience, or what, but the wait for service and the wait for the food was quite long.
- Reservation not honored!HahaDined on 9/13/2014We were extremely disappointed. I made a reservation for Friday night dinner for two. My boyfriend and I came to the restaurant on time, but they had no table for us. The explanation was they didn't check the reservations through Open Table, and they had a wedding party that took up half of the restaurant. We ended up wasting an hour and having a very late dinner at a place we had no intention to go to. Our Friday date was spoiled.
- Wonderfulburgercouple14Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I just love this restaurant. The food is always amazing. My husband things the burger is the best one in the world. (i do too). Never had anything bad and always liked the people who work there. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- An oasis in MoscowKennVIPDined on 8/9/2014Moving my daughter to Pullman and we were looking for a nice dinner, Gnosh was the only recommendation from Open Table in the area and we decided to try it out. We ate at one of the sidewalk tables and thoroughly enjoyed the meal and service. We even had a great conversation with some of the locals who were there as well. Great food, a wonderful wine recommendation and very reasonably priced. My daughter has put Gnosh on her list of places to go.Special Features:
- Awesome!Farm2TableDined on 8/1/2014Gnosh is a wonderfully original farm to table restaurant. The food is fresh, creative, and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 16 reviews are from the Gnosh reviews archive.
- A Real Gem in Moscow-PullmanFoodTravelerVIPDined on 7/3/2014It's great to see someone take pride in innovative dish planning, preparation, and presentation, and in their beer and wine list, instead of just serving up uninspired slop. Everything sampled was great. Our server was extremely knowledgeable about both the menu and the many beers they have. Some might find prices a bit high for the Moscow/Pullman area, but Gnosh is reasonably priced by big-city standards.Special Features:
- first time dinermeeeDined on 7/2/2014Wonderful first experience! Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Place in MoscowgreenfoodieDined on 5/17/2014This is an absolutely wonderful restaurant- creative entrees with ingenious combinations of local, in-season produce. There is quite an expansive wine and beer list (if you're into that). Gnosh itself is a relatively small but cozy restaurant and gives a wonderful atmosphere for dining, although it can be a little loud at times. The portion sizes are just right, but be sure to save room for their amazing desserts! Definitely the perfect place to celebrate a special event, like graduation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moscow HighlightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2014Great place for a dinner with the family to celebrate graduation from the University of Idaho. Food was wonderful. I would recommend the chicken and the pork. Wine list was excellent and great beers on tap. For a small college town - this is the place students take their parents (so they can pay) and professors can avoid their students on non-parent weekends. Being from Chicago, prices were reasonable, but I am sure someone from the in-land northwest would find this place to be pricey. I believe it's totally worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best on the PalouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014You can't do better than Gnosh for stunningly delicious, creative cuisine featuring the freshest local ingredients. The menu rotates seasonally or even more often and features items like wild caught halibut, fiddlehead ferns, and small plates so good you'll want to have several to share or as your meal. By far my favorite!Special Features:
- Incredibly delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014I love dining at Gnosh--the food offerings and preparation are truly a culinary treat. I am not a very "open" eater, I don't like to try things too outre---Gnosh makes incredible dishes for the meat eater gourmand to the vegetarian and vegan, all of it a pleasure to eat.Special Features:
- way too few serverstravelingmomDined on 1/17/2014I was there with some friends in a celebratory mood. It tool 5 minutes for anyone to approach us in the front of the restaurant. We received menus quickly when seated but it took about 20 minutes for someone to take our drinks order. Five minutes later the server came back to say they were out of the wine we wanted. Five minutes later, the server came back with glasses, and we told her we'd order wine and beer by the glass instead of a bottle. She did not return to take that order -- ten minutes later I had to flag her down across the restaurant to get her to take our drink order. Bottom line, it was close to an hour from the time we entered to the time we received our beverages.Special Features:
- Had a great dinner with family!localguestDined on 1/4/2014Had a great dinner with family! We all had something different, and it was all delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks!BibliodeviantDined on 11/9/2013Service can sometimes be a bit spotty at Gnosh, but tonight was impressive - the best I've had in Moscow, I'd say. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dad's Weekend DinnerdaveinseakDined on 11/2/2013I was recently in Moscow for Dads weekend at the University of Idaho. I'd traveled a long way to visit my daughter and was looking for a nice place for dinner. We enjoyed a great meal at Gnosh. The staff was helpful and I will dine there again when I next visit Moscow.Special Features:
- Excellent, as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2013I do enjoy going out for dinner, but I rarely find a place where the food is worth the time and cost: Gnosh is worth both. The food is fresh, tasty, beautifully presented, and complimented with excellent wine.Special Features:
- Great Food, Nice AtmospherePalouseFoodieDined on 10/22/2013Gnosh's staff is always extremely knowledgeable about wine and food options being able to describe both and make excellent recommendations. The food is primarily local, and the consistently excellent. On this last visit, my husband had the Gnosh burger and I had the squash soup. The soup was well balanced with sweet and savory tones, and my husband's burger was done just right so it was juicy but not bloody. They also pay attention to their sides, and their fries and spicy ketchup were fantastic as well. My only issue is that the space itself is a bit neglected. Some of the bench seating has duct taped holes on them, which detracts from the experience. The lights are also kept very low, which I don't particularly like. Overall, excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Gnosh Burger. Seriously.PNWFoodieDined on 10/12/2013This place is a gem in a vibrant culinary community. Gnosh has a seasonal rotating menu featuring themed menus with a northwest flair. The restaurant is low-lit, low noise, and a cool relaxing scene most nights (although it can get quite busy). There are always vegetarian options and small plates for those who are not up for a huge meal. If you go, I'd recommend trying the Gnosh burger. Local house ground beef, sautéed in duck fat, and served with a bacon-onion compote–this is quite simply the best burger I've had in a VERY long time. A must for a foodie visiting Moscow/Pullman. Also very LGBTQ friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top quality meal. The ribeyeHumanjiDined on 10/11/2013Top quality meal. The ribeye was perfect and only $20. Serious deal here.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Gem: A Novel About GnoshBubblewater83Dined on 10/1/2013My Birthday celebration at Gnosh was truly enjoyable. Servers were definitely attentive. They responded well to our table of 15plus w/ fluctuating #'s, which had many requests. The skilled cooks made two specialty large salads and the helpful server brought us some bubble water. The value for the money is good. We enjoyed a quality product. Try: Salad, apple crisp, cheese plate or, a different small plate such as, the Canadian Poutine (heavy).They are a Wine Bar, so anticipate mainly wine; they will procure bubble water in asked. They are fairly Kid-friendly. My little Sisters, age 10-12 attended well. They have fresh local produce and an extensive wine list. I can't say enough positive things about the lovely Gnosh in Moscow, Idaho.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicesayan10eDined on 7/23/2013Thoroughly enjoyed dining at Gnosh. The garlic shrimp appetizer was particularly delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.