337 East 10th Street
New York, NY 10009Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gnocco.com/
- Phone: 2126771913x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Gian Luca Giovanetti
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private events can be held at the restaurant for Dinner during the week for parties of 10 or more
- Private Party Contact: Gian Luca: email@example.com 2126771913x
- Special Events: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212 677 1913
A word from Gnocco
Gnocco is a restaurant garden cafe serving Italian antipasti, pastas, seafood, meats, and pizzas. New York Magazine wrote that "the folks at Gnocco in the East Village have a simple plan: Offer better food for less by importing young (and cheap) chefs straight from Italy." The Zagat guide wrote that Gnocco offers "'East Village Italian Funk'...it keeps things 'simple' with affordable 'fresh pasta' and the 'amazing' fried dough its named for."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gnocco reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (39)good for groups (34)neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (25)romantic (24)kid-friendly (11)special occasion (9)notable wine list (8)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Pizza was good, skip the eggplantNCluvtodineDined on 10/18/2014We used Open Table to find a place to get a few appetizers to hold us over until a late dinner. The pizza was good. We were expecting the eggplant dish to be more like eggplant parmesan. It was more like eggplant bruschetta. Interesting, but now our taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/17/2014Gnocco is a wonderful restaurant for a fun, but romantic and delicious date night. The food never fails to impress me, and their desserts are fantastic!Special Features:
- Fantastic Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/30/2014The food here is amazing and authentic italian, the staff is wonderful, and the decor and ambience is perfect for anything from a group celebration to a romantic first date. A must see and a must return experience.Special Features:
- michibourjDined on 9/27/2014Service and food were awful and it was expensive for no reason. Will not be going back ever again!Special Features:
- Good choiceMarlboroManDined on 9/27/2014Nice setting, good food, friendly knowledgeable service staff and moderate prices. Quite a unique combination in Manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lamb was overlooked and toughJdawgDined on 9/20/2014Walked in through The kitchen – big mistake not superclean. Are Italian food server was delightful. We ordered Arancini and Antipasto for appetizers and both were delicious. Pasta was okay. Lamb arrived overcooked and dry. Overall did not think this place was worth the trip.
- Great service!Winer3Dined on 9/6/2014A member of our group has celiac disease. The chef and waiter went out of their way to accomodate him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So SozcommentsDined on 8/31/2014Service was incredibly slow. Salad and Gnocco appetizers were good. Main courses didn't wow me. It was too expensive for so-so food and slow service.Special Features:
- Local treatDinaDined on 8/28/2014Outdoor garden seating area was the highlight. We arrived at 7pm, just before the local crowds came by for dinner on a weeknight. We ordered the gnocci and fusill pasta entrees. The latter was a little lack-luster, but the spice in sauce made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not as great serviceElleDined on 8/27/2014I love Gnocco, but the service has definitely gotten worse. Just don't show up too hungry because it takes a long time for them to take your order, once you getSpecial Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014Our appetizer, fig, prosciutto and ricotta was great. Our pastas were "ok" at best - mine was all stuck together and actually white and crunch inside - totally under cooked, and the sauce was so dry - it actually tasted like a school lunch I had in middle school. My husband's gnocchi was good but the sauce was gummy. We would go back to try the pizzas, but the pastas just weren't that good.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 8/23/2014I went to Gnocco for my 50th birthday with my husband and two sons. When I made the reservation, I requested the garden area and explained we were celebrating a birthday. When we arrived, we we ushered to an indoor table and were told there was no room outside. They also did nothing to acknowledge we were celebrating anything special and rushed us through our dinner in 45 minutes. I don't need to go back.Special Features:
- Very satisfied!winegirl29Dined on 8/23/2014Picked thus restaurant from searching on OpenTable. Had never heard of it but after reading the reviews and seeing the photos online, I just had a good feeling about it. We were a party of 10 and we're able to sit outside. Everyone was in love with their dinner choices. Very authentic Italian food. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- GnoccoLB12Dined on 8/23/2014Very good Italian restaurant. Friendly staff, nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The waitress made the occasion very comfortable. Very accommodating on helping w/ the wine list and knowledgable about the menu.Special Features:
- Gnocco is deliciousDeeCeeDined on 8/15/2014I went with my family, including my baby niece, for a birthday celebration. The staff was fine with accommodating a stroller, and our server interacted with my niece whenever she came to the table. The recommendations for food and drink were spot on. The food and the service was terrific. We had a leisurely dinner, and a fabulous dessert. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome pizzaTucanDined on 8/10/2014Took my naepolitan wife there with hesitation. She adored the pizza and the ambiance. We will try it again. NSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodluv2dineDined on 8/10/2014We chose Gnocco because of reviews and the proximity to the Astor place theater. We ate here before a show and we were glad we chose Gnocco! The food was great and the service as well. Will go back next time in NYC!!Special Features:
- Like Grandma's houseMAS2013VIPDined on 8/9/2014It was wonderful, felt like I was in Italy at my Grandma's house, food yummySpecial Features:
- Great Birthday Fun!usblues607Dined on 8/3/2014We went to Gnocco for our daughters birthday. We were a party of 7 and sat on the great open garden in back. Fantastic brick-oven pizzas, delicious fish (we had Branzino) and absolutely perfect Lamb Chops. Pesto Gnocchi was also good. Reasonable wine list. Smart, crisp, accommodating service. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014nice, low key outdoor garden with yummy italian food. would recommend this place!Special Features:
- Great service, great with kidsAphidDined on 7/29/2014We found this restaurant via Zagat looking for great pasta close to Battery Park - read the reviews on Gnocco and ignored the ones on service etc., and focused on the food ones which were every good. Got there on time with 3 kids under 7 and the staff were out of the top drawer - food was great, sublime pasta, reasonable wine list (we had the veddeccio) and a nice setting made for a great first family meal in the big apple - they even brought out an extra pizza for the kids on the house! - we were out of there by 8 - just as it was starting to fill up with trendy types!Special Features:
- Benissimo!GPersonVIPDined on 7/15/2014Mattia and his staff provide top-notch Northern Italian cuisine, innovative and delicious complemented by select excellent Italia-only wines with attentive, knowledgeable and friendly service by Mattia himself. The changing specials are unique, interesting and very flavorful. The atmosphere and interior design reminds one of a wood-rimmed Tuscan wine cellar say in Montepulciano: elegant, intimate, with the inside dining area overlooking a small outside garden patio. Before dinner at the small wine bar, you can interact with the warm and expert sommelier. Fantastico..Special Features:
- Excellent findPeteDined on 7/11/2014The pizza and pasta were both fresh and delicious, as was the fresh spinach salad. They also had a nice wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 375 reviews are from the Gnocco reviews archive.
- Good foodJCNYCDined on 6/27/2014Good good and great selections of pizzas. Great wine list too!!! Outside patio was charmingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful slice of Italy in NYOutoftownersDined on 6/27/2014We loved the little garden courtyard, the arancini (fried rice balls) were excellent, fennel salad, pizzas, and Tiramisu. A perfect little Italian restaurant.Special Features:
- ExcellentDGDGDGDGDGDined on 6/25/2014Great food, excellent staff. The menu is great with lots of different options. Cheese plates, pizzas, meats, pastas - all delicious. It's a really chill atmosphere and they make you feel at home from cocktails to coffee. Dessert is great too. The back half of the restauarnat is open air when it's nice out and it's beautiful, but can also make the place a little muggy and warm when it's muggy and warm out. The waiter tilted a fan on the ceiling right on our table and it was a lot more comfortable. Definitely recommendSpecial Features:
- An OK well rated restaurantdiamanDined on 6/22/2014Gnocco was OK but not more. The food was rather ordinary. The pasta that my wife ordered had virtually none of the eggplant described and the tomato sauce was quite ordinary. I Had the pasta with truffles which again was just OK. We will probably return to give it another chance but were surprised to find that the Michelin Guide gives it two stars and Zagat a 23 for food.Special Features:
- Delicious food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2014We made our reservation for 7:30 and were running a few minutes late. When we arrived, they sat us right away. The waiter was great and our food came quickly. Everything we ate was delicious! I definitely highly recommend Gnocoo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A big "YES"!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014This was my second time eating there... I've lived in the area for 20+ years and never ate at Gnocco, my friend took me recently for my birthday and I loved it. it fills up fast so make a reservation and I would love to sit in the garden in back but apparently so does everyone else. They won't take reservations for a garden table either. I plan on taking friends there in the future. Definitely a neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Used to be good - what happened?OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/12/2014We dined there thursday night june 12. Waiter was rude and rushed us. Acted annoyed at every comment and question. My sister left with literally 20 mosquito bites on her legs. Food was terrible. I ordered the branzino which was tasteless. Others in our group ordered the chicken and my sister ordered the pork which was completely different from how it was described on the menu. Would never go bAck. This place used to be a good neighborhood place but no longer.
- Poor hostess serviceEzzyMirDined on 5/31/2014Arrived on time for a reservation and they didn't have a table. They then proceeded to seat others ahead of us. This makes no sense because we had a reservation and arrived first! You should seat the reservation based guest that arrives first. That said, the food was decent, the ambiance was a little strange because there were kids, baby boomers, first dates and every thing in between. Overall, confusing little place but it's the EV so not unexpected.
- Great dinner!HellsKitchenJennDined on 5/31/2014We had a wonderful birthday celebration dinner on the back patio this past Saturday. This was my first time at Gnocco - my friend (Italian!) recommended the restaurant for the occasion. It was great sitting outside and everyone enjoyed their food. The appetizers were amazing - we specifically loved the beef Carpaccio and the Burrata special. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food disappointedNNNNVIPDined on 5/31/2014The restaurant didn't live up to its rating. The salads were good, but the pasta less so. Fusilli melanzane had little eggplant so was mostly just fusilli and tomato sauce. The spicy sausage in the rigatoni dish wasn't spicy, and the broccoli rabe had turned to mush. Will not return.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceBirthdayVIPDined on 5/30/2014We had our son's 21st bday dinner here. It was a great decision. There were 13 of us and that was no problem for Gnocco to handle. Food came out all at once, service was excellent. Tried having the dinner at more upscale places which want me to sign a contract and if we went over 2 hours they would change quite a sum per hour in food & beverage. Gnocco did none of that.. We enjoyed the evening thoroughly and felt no pressure that we should leave. The appetizers and pizzas were delicious. The main course had room for improvement, but did not regret my decision. Great place.Special Features:
- Loved our waiterToniDined on 5/24/2014Most delicious pizza and pasta. Our waiter made our experience so special. Highly recommend!! Nice area too.Special Features:
- Lively east village spotWillajaneVIPDined on 5/18/2014Best for pizza Other food good but nothing specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food, Service Can ImproveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014Food: Food is very good. Their signature appetizer, gnocco, is delish! Their pizzas and pastas are great as well. Service: I made reservations 2.5 weeks prior for a group of 11. Received a phone call day of the reservation to confirm. I confirmed. A few hours later, received another phone call, asking if we could push back the reservation 30 min later. During dinner, wait staff kept bring us food/drinks we didn't order. Hectic, a lot of confusion. Friendly staff, but definitely needs more organization.Special Features:
- KEENJVIPDined on 5/12/2014Very good Italian food, specializing in pizza. Intimate space across from Tompkins Square Park. The outdoor patio in back is charming and atmospheric.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchpawfectdayDined on 5/11/2014The garden seating is beautiful. We went for Mother's Day and the weather was just perfect for outdoor seating. They made a mistake in putting 8 chairs instead of 10 and overcharged us by $60 but they corrected immediately. Friendly service, good food and ambiance.Special Features: