337 East 10th Street
New York, NY 10009Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gnocco.com/
- Phone: 2126771913
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Gian Luca Giovanetti
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private events can be held at the restaurant for Dinner during the week for parties of 10 or more
- Private Party Contact: Gian Luca: firstname.lastname@example.org 2126771913
- Special Events: Please contact us at email@example.com or call 212 677 1913
A word from Gnocco
Gnocco is a restaurant garden cafe serving Italian antipasti, pastas, seafood, meats, and pizzas. New York Magazine wrote that "the folks at Gnocco in the East Village have a simple plan: Offer better food for less by importing young (and cheap) chefs straight from Italy." The Zagat guide wrote that Gnocco offers "'East Village Italian Funk'...it keeps things 'simple' with affordable 'fresh pasta' and the 'amazing' fried dough its named for."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gnocco reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (43)neighborhood gem (38)good for groups (34)fit for foodies (28)romantic (21)kid-friendly (17)special occasion (16)notable wine list (14)great for brunch (12)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Local treatDinaDined on 8/28/2014Outdoor garden seating area was the highlight. We arrived at 7pm, just before the local crowds came by for dinner on a weeknight. We ordered the gnocci and fusill pasta entrees. The latter was a little lack-luster, but the spice in sauce made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not as great serviceElleDined on 8/27/2014I love Gnocco, but the service has definitely gotten worse. Just don't show up too hungry because it takes a long time for them to take your order, once you getSpecial Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014Our appetizer, fig, prosciutto and ricotta was great. Our pastas were "ok" at best - mine was all stuck together and actually white and crunch inside - totally under cooked, and the sauce was so dry - it actually tasted like a school lunch I had in middle school. My husband's gnocchi was good but the sauce was gummy. We would go back to try the pizzas, but the pastas just weren't that good.
- Very satisfied!winegirl29Dined on 8/23/2014Picked thus restaurant from searching on OpenTable. Had never heard of it but after reading the reviews and seeing the photos online, I just had a good feeling about it. We were a party of 10 and we're able to sit outside. Everyone was in love with their dinner choices. Very authentic Italian food. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- GnoccoLB12Dined on 8/23/2014Very good Italian restaurant. Friendly staff, nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The waitress made the occasion very comfortable. Very accommodating on helping w/ the wine list and knowledgable about the menu.Special Features:
- Gnocco is deliciousDeeCeeDined on 8/15/2014I went with my family, including my baby niece, for a birthday celebration. The staff was fine with accommodating a stroller, and our server interacted with my niece whenever she came to the table. The recommendations for food and drink were spot on. The food and the service was terrific. We had a leisurely dinner, and a fabulous dessert. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome pizzaTucanDined on 8/10/2014Took my naepolitan wife there with hesitation. She adored the pizza and the ambiance. We will try it again. NSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodluv2dineDined on 8/10/2014We chose Gnocco because of reviews and the proximity to the Astor place theater. We ate here before a show and we were glad we chose Gnocco! The food was great and the service as well. Will go back next time in NYC!!Special Features:
- Like Grandma's houseMAS2013VIPDined on 8/9/2014It was wonderful, felt like I was in Italy at my Grandma's house, food yummySpecial Features:
- Great Birthday Fun!usblues607Dined on 8/3/2014We went to Gnocco for our daughters birthday. We were a party of 7 and sat on the great open garden in back. Fantastic brick-oven pizzas, delicious fish (we had Branzino) and absolutely perfect Lamb Chops. Pesto Gnocchi was also good. Reasonable wine list. Smart, crisp, accommodating service. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014nice, low key outdoor garden with yummy italian food. would recommend this place!Special Features:
- Great service, great with kidsAphidDined on 7/29/2014We found this restaurant via Zagat looking for great pasta close to Battery Park - read the reviews on Gnocco and ignored the ones on service etc., and focused on the food ones which were every good. Got there on time with 3 kids under 7 and the staff were out of the top drawer - food was great, sublime pasta, reasonable wine list (we had the veddeccio) and a nice setting made for a great first family meal in the big apple - they even brought out an extra pizza for the kids on the house! - we were out of there by 8 - just as it was starting to fill up with trendy types!Special Features:
- Benissimo!GPersonDined on 7/15/2014Mattia and his staff provide top-notch Northern Italian cuisine, innovative and delicious complemented by select excellent Italia-only wines with attentive, knowledgeable and friendly service by Mattia himself. The changing specials are unique, interesting and very flavorful. The atmosphere and interior design reminds one of a wood-rimmed Tuscan wine cellar say in Montepulciano: elegant, intimate, with the inside dining area overlooking a small outside garden patio. Before dinner at the small wine bar, you can interact with the warm and expert sommelier. Fantastico..Special Features:
- Excellent findPeteDined on 7/11/2014The pizza and pasta were both fresh and delicious, as was the fresh spinach salad. They also had a nice wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodJCNYCDined on 6/27/2014Good good and great selections of pizzas. Great wine list too!!! Outside patio was charmingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful slice of Italy in NYOutoftownersDined on 6/27/2014We loved the little garden courtyard, the arancini (fried rice balls) were excellent, fennel salad, pizzas, and Tiramisu. A perfect little Italian restaurant.Special Features:
- ExcellentDGDGDGDGDGDined on 6/25/2014Great food, excellent staff. The menu is great with lots of different options. Cheese plates, pizzas, meats, pastas - all delicious. It's a really chill atmosphere and they make you feel at home from cocktails to coffee. Dessert is great too. The back half of the restauarnat is open air when it's nice out and it's beautiful, but can also make the place a little muggy and warm when it's muggy and warm out. The waiter tilted a fan on the ceiling right on our table and it was a lot more comfortable. Definitely recommendSpecial Features:
- An OK well rated restaurantdiamanDined on 6/22/2014Gnocco was OK but not more. The food was rather ordinary. The pasta that my wife ordered had virtually none of the eggplant described and the tomato sauce was quite ordinary. I Had the pasta with truffles which again was just OK. We will probably return to give it another chance but were surprised to find that the Michelin Guide gives it two stars and Zagat a 23 for food.Special Features:
- Delicious food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2014We made our reservation for 7:30 and were running a few minutes late. When we arrived, they sat us right away. The waiter was great and our food came quickly. Everything we ate was delicious! I definitely highly recommend Gnocoo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A big "YES"!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014This was my second time eating there... I've lived in the area for 20+ years and never ate at Gnocco, my friend took me recently for my birthday and I loved it. it fills up fast so make a reservation and I would love to sit in the garden in back but apparently so does everyone else. They won't take reservations for a garden table either. I plan on taking friends there in the future. Definitely a neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Used to be good - what happened?OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/12/2014We dined there thursday night june 12. Waiter was rude and rushed us. Acted annoyed at every comment and question. My sister left with literally 20 mosquito bites on her legs. Food was terrible. I ordered the branzino which was tasteless. Others in our group ordered the chicken and my sister ordered the pork which was completely different from how it was described on the menu. Would never go bAck. This place used to be a good neighborhood place but no longer.
- Poor hostess serviceEzzyMirDined on 5/31/2014Arrived on time for a reservation and they didn't have a table. They then proceeded to seat others ahead of us. This makes no sense because we had a reservation and arrived first! You should seat the reservation based guest that arrives first. That said, the food was decent, the ambiance was a little strange because there were kids, baby boomers, first dates and every thing in between. Overall, confusing little place but it's the EV so not unexpected.
- Great dinner!HellsKitchenJennDined on 5/31/2014We had a wonderful birthday celebration dinner on the back patio this past Saturday. This was my first time at Gnocco - my friend (Italian!) recommended the restaurant for the occasion. It was great sitting outside and everyone enjoyed their food. The appetizers were amazing - we specifically loved the beef Carpaccio and the Burrata special. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food disappointedNNNNVIPDined on 5/31/2014The restaurant didn't live up to its rating. The salads were good, but the pasta less so. Fusilli melanzane had little eggplant so was mostly just fusilli and tomato sauce. The spicy sausage in the rigatoni dish wasn't spicy, and the broccoli rabe had turned to mush. Will not return.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceBirthdayVIPDined on 5/30/2014We had our son's 21st bday dinner here. It was a great decision. There were 13 of us and that was no problem for Gnocco to handle. Food came out all at once, service was excellent. Tried having the dinner at more upscale places which want me to sign a contract and if we went over 2 hours they would change quite a sum per hour in food & beverage. Gnocco did none of that.. We enjoyed the evening thoroughly and felt no pressure that we should leave. The appetizers and pizzas were delicious. The main course had room for improvement, but did not regret my decision. Great place.Special Features:
- Loved our waiterToniDined on 5/24/2014Most delicious pizza and pasta. Our waiter made our experience so special. Highly recommend!! Nice area too.Special Features:
- Lively east village spotWillajaneVIPDined on 5/18/2014Best for pizza Other food good but nothing specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food, Service Can ImproveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014Food: Food is very good. Their signature appetizer, gnocco, is delish! Their pizzas and pastas are great as well. Service: I made reservations 2.5 weeks prior for a group of 11. Received a phone call day of the reservation to confirm. I confirmed. A few hours later, received another phone call, asking if we could push back the reservation 30 min later. During dinner, wait staff kept bring us food/drinks we didn't order. Hectic, a lot of confusion. Friendly staff, but definitely needs more organization.Special Features:
- KEENJVIPDined on 5/12/2014Very good Italian food, specializing in pizza. Intimate space across from Tompkins Square Park. The outdoor patio in back is charming and atmospheric.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchpawfectdayDined on 5/11/2014The garden seating is beautiful. We went for Mother's Day and the weather was just perfect for outdoor seating. They made a mistake in putting 8 chairs instead of 10 and overcharged us by $60 but they corrected immediately. Friendly service, good food and ambiance.Special Features:
- Fun nightpidgeDined on 5/9/2014Good food and a trendy East Village neighborhood restaurant...owner very friendly and wait staff with funny personalities. Best pizza and eggplant parm we've ever had!Special Features:
- The following 358 reviews are from the Gnocco reviews archive.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014Have been coming to Gnocco for years and the food is always consistently delicious. As always we have the pizzas as an appetizer...they never disappoint. The service was great. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/2/2014Service, food, and just a great place overall. The service we received, a table of 7, and 2 of us were nearly an hour late, was outstanding. They made us feel as if they knew us and could not have been more accommodating and just wonderful. The food was surprisingly great. Very tasty, well seasoned and just generally well prepared, heat, taste all happening with a bustling business. Great place to go to with a large group - great garden in the back - the place to sit. Highly recommend. We will return!!!!Special Features:
- Pizza = Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014Second time we go there with European friends (last and this year) and the review enclosed both experiences. We had pizzas and wine. My favorite is the Emilia. Huge size pizzas generously topped with fresh ingredients so much that you wish the plate would be big enough to support it all! Last year, a Saturday night, the place was packed and loud and I loved it. I recommend the rear patio for people who want to dine outside without the noise of the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carpaccio ConnoisseurSnobbyfoodieDined on 4/28/2014This is the most EPIC carpaccio I have ever had. The prices are so reasonable it's like your eating out in Dallas. The food is amazing!!! The gnocchi was incredible and their homemade pesto was to die for. You can't go wrong choosing this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected surpriseBugzzeyeDined on 4/26/2014We were going to the Tribeca Film Festival so we wanted to stay close to the theater on 11th and 3rd. We picked this spot off of Zagat so we had never been here before. What unexpected surprise. The service was great. Mattia was our server and He was very friendly and helpful with menu and the specials. The food was great and the outside seating is extremely nice. We will be going back. I highly recommend this little East Village gem.Special Features:
- Great food, good vibe, medium priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014Food was great... Obviously you have to try the gnocchi, but pizza was great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza in NYCCheezusDined on 4/18/2014The hospitatlity is fantastic, the food is to die for and the pizza is by far the best in the city. I would highly recommend everyone to mark this on their list of go-to restaurants and visit this neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite right.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014Welcome was very nice. Staff good. Ambiance ok. Food left a lot to be desired. Many better choices.