4844 Butler Rd
Glyndon, MD 21071Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.glyndongrill.com/
- Phone: 4438814183x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ryan Worthington
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Glyndon Grill
From the owners of Barrett's Grill at the Hunt Valley Towne Centre, Glyndon Grill will operate with a different menu and chef than Barrett's but will also focus on in-house, made-from-scratch preparations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Glyndon Grill - Best Restaurants in Glyndon ›
Glyndon Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (91)fit for foodies (36)great for lunch (36)good for groups (25)special occasion (21)kid-friendly (15)great for brunch (12)vibrant bar scene (11)notable wine list (10)hot spot (8)romantic (6)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- huntvalleylutherville glyndon girlsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014What we ordered was not great. I think ordering salads, sandwiches would have been better. The veggie lasagna and chicken pot pie were just fair and that is being charitable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsCoachDined on 8/23/2014What a nice find. The atmosphere was perfect to eat an excellent dinner and watch the Orioles & Ravens with friends. Looking forward to visiting again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good foodbmacDined on 8/22/2014Glyndon Grill has had it together ever since they opened the doors. Thge food is consistently good and the Crab and Corn soup is the best I've ever had. The waiters are friendly and attentive for the most part. The managers are always on site and responsive. This has become a favorite very quickly.Special Features:
- Great service, decent foodlaurenwDined on 8/22/2014The first time we visited, we were disappointed. We recently decided to try again. I got the Restaurant Week 3 course menu. I loved my 1st course (crab & corn chowder), but my 2nd course (filet with chef's veg) missed the mark. My dessert (sorbet & berries) was also very good. My boyfriend loved his meal (wahu imperial). Overall I felt the portions were a little scarce; it is worth noting that portion size was one of the factors that disappointed us on our first visit. The service, however, was impeccable. The server was attentive without making us feel rushed & a manager stopped by several times to check on us. Again, the ambiance was a bit noisy, mainly because the bar is situated in the middle of the building with dining on each side.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealFoodieDined on 8/21/2014Didn't know what to expect going into the Glyndon Grill, but was pleasantly surprised with how great the food and service was. We will be bringing back more and can't wait to dine again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kinda - ok.AkplongmeadowDined on 8/21/2014If you're gonna do the Prime Rib - make sure it is how you like it prepared first. Ask the waitstaff if they have it your desired doneness. Because, if it's not right, you've just wasted $27.00 on a piece of chewy meat. I asked for it "rare" and it came out well done. My husband asked for his steak to be medium, and it came out rare. So we switched. Not the place to get steaks and or beef. Portions are very small, however; the price is not. Side salads barely filled a small plate and are $6.00 for some lettuce, (mostly) and a bit of cucumber and cheese. Shrimp Cargot was great, but there were barely 6 shrimp with a whole bunch of cheese. Not worth the hefty price of $12.00.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendDinesInOwingsMillsDined on 8/18/2014The food was awesome. The interior is very interesting (a mix of rustic and industrial in a successful way). The night we went they we short on servers but the whole staff pitched in to help out. I will be going again and recommend it to all. Mondays are half-price wine night, so we got a great deal on a good bottle of wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner at Glyndon GrillPS12Dined on 8/17/2014I got a gift card to Glyndon Grill so we decided to try it. The menu was great... there was a fantastic selection, and the choices were not too 'foofy' (for lack of a better word). I have issues at a lot of restaurants where the menu is so 'foofy' that I can't find anything to eat! I got the swordfish sandwich with french fries (give me a good sandwich and I'm happy), and my husband and I shared the Glyndon salad. The salad was delicious with goat cheese and pecans, and the sandwich was even better. I was surprised to look down at my plate and realize I had already wolfed it down. I also had a glass of a delicious Zinfandel. The menu & drinks were reasonable, the service was great, and we left happy. What else can you ask for?
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014We sat at the high top tables for better ambience and did not regret it. Our waiter was excellent, the food was good and it was much quieter than in the back of the restaurant. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- New Favorite PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The Glyndon Grill is our new favorite place to go. The staff is super friendly and the food is great. We have found the dining room to be very noisy, so we opt to sit at a high top in the bar area. Great casual dining.Special Features:
- MickyDined on 8/15/2014Great discovery. Food, service, and atmosphere were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was slowFoodLoverDined on 8/14/2014Granted, there was a medical emergency in the dining room, but that was no excuse for losing our entrees, and for the 40 minute wait for them. In their defense, the manager comped us the meals but the service was not up to the restaurant's usual standards. The crabcakes were dry and had too much filler, the fries were overdone. The pineapple upside down cake was not as good as my own. Thankfully, the beer WAS cold . . .
- Great neighborhood restaurantLucyDined on 8/14/2014Great menu selections and delicious food. Would prefer more private seating.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014The restaurant was very nice. The food was excellent. It was a more casual experience than the other restaurant owned by this owner, Barrett's Grill, but the food was just as good. We sat near the bar and the ambience was lacking slightly but maybe it was better in the back of the restaurant. They appeared to have a private room so it might be a great place for a group outing or a catered private event. The waitress was very nice and it made the dinner feel slightly more upscale. The Restaurant Week menu choices were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glyndon GrillTDJCDined on 8/13/2014The potato soup was great. The crab cakes were delicious and were not full of filler. The wine was excellent. The service was excellent. The staff all helped out and kept checking back with us. The tables were close together and it was crowded so it was a bit loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ejslDined on 8/2/2014Had a great dinner on 8-2-14. Had the chef special of pan seared grouper with crab meat on top. Everything was perfect! Our waitress, Sharon was friendly, attentive and helped with my wine choice. Very enjoyable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great option for dinnerDlb7777VIPDined on 8/1/2014If you are looking for a great option for dinner, this is it and you don't have to drive into Baltimore. We've been several times and they are consistently good with the food and service. The food is definitely better than the chains. This isn't a haute cuisine place but does a great job. The service is attentive and well trained.Special Features:
- disorganizednaneeDined on 7/28/2014The food was good but the help was overwhelmed. They were not expecting the number of customers and were not prepared to take care of them. I was never given a list of specials, it took a long time to get a drink and water. They were pleasant but couldn't handle the customers.Special Features:
- Dissappointment at Glyndon GrillNLJF4VIPDined on 7/27/2014There were 3 of us. We each ordered the halibut special. The fish for each of us was small, very dry and the sauce was very skimpily applied to just the middle third of the filet, and overpriced at $24. The string beans were perfect. The service by Anthony and Kyle was very attentive but slow to bring the food, perhaps by a tie up in the kitchen. We were sorry that some of the offerings at Barrett's were not available Glyndon. The Napoleon (?) in particular. Our past visits to Glyndon were very satisfactory. We will try again sometime.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemAnotherSatisfiedCustomerDined on 7/26/2014This restaurant, it's ambiance, wonderful staff and delicious menu options have definitely exceeded my expectations and my husband and I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutEatout2muchDined on 7/24/2014Glyndon Grill was the perfect meeting place for my friends from Westminster and Hunt Valley. We each had a different salad and all were delicious. Mine was the steak tenderloin salad and it was terrific. Great sangria too. Nice portions. We shared a dessert - apple cobbler. It was huge and quite good. Good Sunday brunch as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nestled in an Historic NeighborhoodChrisDined on 7/24/2014What a wonderful addition to the charming Historic Glyndon village. This restaurant has a comfortably sleek décor, good food and well stocked bar. I have been here several times and never had a bad experience. The French Dip is fantastic, the salmon grilled to perfection and the salads freshly made. Try this one. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient and easyLilyhillVIPDined on 7/21/2014Glyndon Grill is a nice place for lunch. The salads and sandwiches are good (nothing fancy, but quite tasty) and they have an option for a soup, salad, or half sandwich combo (pick two out of three) that is good. Service is speedy and pleasant, prices are fair ($25 for lunch for two people). What's not to like?Special Features:
- Downhill on the service & food.LoKeVIPDined on 7/18/2014Our recent dinner at Glyndon Grill was severely lacking in knowledge of menu & proper service standards. For our meals, we ordered the crab cakes & tuna poke. The cakes were satisfactory with little filler but fell flat in the seasoning department; there could have been more old bay or very least some salt to make the cakes pop with flavor. For the tuna poke, our server assured us multiple times that the description was accurate & complete. When the tuna arrive, the entire dish was dressed in an Asian slaw. Our server then tried to tell us the menu description had slaw when it didn't; she should've offered to have the kitchen remake the dish as written. Overall the staff needs better knowledge of the menu & proactive approach to service.
- christianVIPDined on 7/18/2014We went with friends who wanted to eat here even though we had been before and were not impressed. On this visit, the items we picked were much better than last time. One issue I still have is if you say a fish is blackened then it should actually have some flavor to it. Fish was cooked well but just bland. Egg rolls were the alround winner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Understand the CrowdsDebraDined on 7/16/2014Four of us went to dinner on a Wednesday night and the place was packed. We didn't understand the draw since we were not happy with our meals. I got the burger and fries for $12 and it was maybe a 1/4 lb burger that was supposed to be cooked medium but I could have bounced it off the wall it was so well done and totally void of any flavor. Two people got the scallops risotto. For $24, the portion was very small and the scallops were covered with sand - you could hear the chomping down on sand as they chewed! They also said that the risotto was only fair. Our last diner go the salmon dish and he said that it was decent. Not worth the money or even a return trip if the prices were lower. On a positive note, our server was very good.Special Features:
- GirlfriendsGirlfriendsDined on 7/15/2014This was a very pleasant dining experience for all four of us in the party. Food was good, and the server was very attentive without being a pest. She was very pleasant.Special Features:
- Another fantastic dinnerPenitaVIPDined on 7/12/2014Once again we enjoyed a delicious dinner with excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisy but unuderstandablecarolandfriendsDined on 7/12/2014We went to the Glyndon Grill on Saturday night. The restaurant was crowded ( good sign ), but the room that we were seated in was very noisy with groups containing several children each. The acoustics were not good so the noise level was understandable but still annoying. The food was tasty and the server was attentive, but a bit " pushy ".Special Features:
- MargeDined on 7/11/2014Very noisy in the secondary dining room, hard to hear each other. Slices tuna on salad delicious.Special Features:
- Quiet and GreatKev1nVIPDined on 7/5/2014I went on the weekend of July 4th and we ended up being one of 2 couples in the entire place so the service was quick, food was good, definitely would go back.Special Features:
- myfavoritethingsDined on 7/5/2014My family loves, loves, loves the Glyndon Grill! With everything from comfort food entrees to gourmet specials to their kids menu, this place has something for everyone, and at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local RestarauntmlibrarianusDined on 7/5/2014Attentive service, delicious food (from Tuna Poke appetizer to Flourless Chocolate Cake for dessert - not to mention the yummy Glyndon salad and Filet Mignon) - nice neighborhood upscale place. Only thing is the tables are just a tad too close for my taste. Looking forward to trying their lunch and brunch menus.Special Features:
- Disappointing foodKathyDined on 7/5/2014This is the third time we have dined at Glyndon Grill. Delighted the first time because we love Barrett's Grill in Hunt Valley. Pleased to meet friends there a second time. We met the same friends there this past weekend and will not be going back. Two of us ordered filet mignon and it was the sorriest looking piece of meat on a plate with what looked like scrambled broccoli and cauliflower. My husband ordered the 14oz ribeye, which he enjoys at Barrett's. Again the quality of the meat was inferior. But at least he had a tasty sauce to disguise the appearance. Our 4th diner had pasta with grilled chicken. They got the pasta right. Next time, we will stay home and grill burgers.
- Neighborhood GemluvbritsDined on 6/28/2014This was my third visit and it didn't disappoint. Had the swordfish with mango salsa and it was perfectly cooked. The coleslaw is my absolute favorite and I could have easily had 2 orders! Service was very good. The only comment I would make is that we had to ask for the bread which should automatically be put on the table after the meal is ordered. Otherwise a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Neighborhood RestaurantDonnaVIPDined on 6/26/2014This is the without a doubt the best restaurant in the neighborhood. The food is consistently very good. They serve the best French dip I've ever had and I love the chop house salad. The only complaint that I have is that they've been in business over six months and the menu hasn't changed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findcarolandfriendsDined on 6/25/2014My friends and I tried Glyndon Grill for the first time last week. We easily made reservations online and the table was ready when we arrived. The waitress was attentive, the menu varied and the wine list was excellent. We took advantage of the 50% off wine special on Wednesday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gazpachofinches46VIPDined on 6/21/2014Gazpacho came with crab-not disclosed by waitperson. Since this was an unusual formulation of dish it should have been disclosed first at time of orderI would recommend this to a friend.
- Started badlyChipVIPDined on 6/20/2014We had a reservation and were seated quickly. After not seeing a server for 10 minutes we stopped Sharon as she was passing our table. She ended up turning a bad start into a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glyndon Grill GreatMeliDined on 6/17/2014I love the Glyndon Grill and have been there many times. Every other time, the entire experience was fantastic. This time, the server was not notified that I was there, adn so I was not offered a drink while waiting for my friend. Other than that wait, the rest of the experience, and the food, was great!Special Features: