99 SE Mizner Blvd.
Boca Raton, FL 33432Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.gluttonousgoat.com/
- Phone: 5619239457x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am, Sunday: Brunch 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner 3:00-10:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Gluttonous Goat
Gastropub in Boca Raton!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Gluttonous Goat - Best Restaurants in Boca Raton ›
Gluttonous Goat reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (17)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (14)good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/6/2014We read all the mixed reviews and decided to go anyway. We had a great experience. The staff was very knowledgeable, helpful and nice. The food was great. We will definitely go back there!Special Features:
- Awesome Food, Great Drinks listMelboDined on 9/6/2014Awesome Gastropub food. Neat atmosphere. Awesome Craft beer list. TERRIBLE parking situation!Special Features:
- Bad food Service clueless & pompousAprilVIPDined on 8/28/2014Don't waste your time at this overrated gastropub. For our party of 6, the appetizers came out 1 at a time and they were either salty or greasy. When we requested to the waitress that we would like our entrees served all at once so we could dine together , she said she couldn't' guarantee it because the kitchen doesn't work that way . I was confused by that answer but when the entrees started coming out it took over 20 min . 4 of us had already finished our meal before the others were even served. I spoke to the owner who preceeded to ask me if I had ever eaten at a gastropub before with a tone quite condescending. I eat out often and do expect good food,good service and civility. You won't find any of that here. This place is a lose lose.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014Very warm vibe.. Amazing music, service and food. Obsessed with the kale salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local place with cool foodDrknite1Dined on 8/22/2014Staff super nice! Owner young guy and hip restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Negligent waiter. Un-fresh fish.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/17/2014Ordered hamburger without cheese; received cheeseburger; waiter wouldn't acknowledge that menu has the item listed without cheese. Ordered fish; it smelled fishy, which means it is not fresh.Special Features:
- Over an hour wait for a sliderFoodie19VIPDined on 8/16/2014Had an 8:30 reservation. Wasn't seated until after 9:30. Restaurant was very loud. There were tables sitting without any foot for over an hour. Ordered the peanut butter burger after hearing the hype. It was the size of a slider on a huge hamburger bun. The potatoes that came with it were undercooked. The truffle lasagne was fair and cold. The flatbread clams pizza was extremely salty.Special Features:
- great find in bocaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014bit loud inside, but food and staff were great, the levels of tastes and composition of the food paired together was a rear find in Boca, our server was outstanding!Special Features:
- barbiDined on 8/13/2014Were told coctails were $4. We sat at the bar and ordered 2 .they charged us $15 EACH. When I questioned it, they said those coctails were not on Happy Hour. Think he could have told us that before. Went to the table. Could not find our reservation. Sat us anyway. VERY LOUD!! Ordered the beet carpachio, that was ok, barrata was ok too. They recommended the aligator empanatas..they were horrible! Could not even bite the outside shell, inside was worse. They also recommended the pork bellies.That dish was horrible, all fat, could not eat it. Some dishes next to us looked good, but everything THEY recommended was terrible. Owner asked how dinner was, when I told him, he walked away. Thought he wanted honest feedback. Guess not
- Not so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014The gluttenous goat has a good concept but not too well executed. Food was pretty good, but not well presented. We ordered a few appetizers. A little surprised when the taco came to the table just on a plate - no plating. Restaurant was very empty. Didn't get much busier the entire time we were there. Waited several minutes to be seated. Drink menu was pretty extensive.
- Loud but fit for foodiesWendyDavisVIPDined on 8/9/2014This place is so loud! It's probably the only reason I wouldn't go back. Because the food is awesome! Our server was awesome and so attentive to our party of 6 girls. The manager even bought us a round of shots, because the kitchen messed up a couple times. My only compaint: The hostess made a stink that we were late (10 min isn't that bad!) and threatened that our table may not be available anymore, even though I could see it empty as soon as we walked in. But aside from her attitude and the loud atmosphere, I would return and just sit outdoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and AverageadeturkDined on 8/9/2014The restaurant was extremely loud and it was only 7pm on a Saturday night. It was so loud that my husband and I could barely hear each other and the waitress had a hard time hearing us too. Proof of this is that we received an app that we didn't order. However, we were glad to have gotten that app which was the tuna because the candied goat was awful. The goat was very smoky tasting - it overpowered the meat which I am sure was good because we had the 3 friends which had goat. The crawfish pie and alligator empanadas were good but nothing to write home about. Also, craft beer list was so ordinary - my husband and I have had almost every beer on the menu except for the belgians. So, more variety in the craft beers would help.Special Features:
- ScarlettDined on 8/1/2014Awesome Place! Very different but unique food. We ordered a lot of different dishes. The food is brought out as it is done. Not all at te same time but t works because it can be shared with whomever you are with. Check out the menu. goat, alligator etc... dshes. Great drink menu as well. te food s delicious. We found this restaurant is a very laid back atmosphere which is what we like. If you are in the area it's a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New AND !! exceeded expectation !!grayyakVIPDined on 8/1/2014oftentimes,going too soon to a new place is sub-optimal. not so in this case. Most important is flavors,and to that end apps./cocktail/mains all surprisingly good. especially "The Jerk" OMG !! a taste-gasm ! usually try offerings of brussell sprouts as a challenge,which usually falls flat. their brussell sprout/kale side is one of the best i/we"ve experienced as foodies,of the Dade/Broward/Palm Beach tri-county area. servers seemed a tad inexperience if not slightly overmatched. also decor & music need(in the words of Emmeril)to kick it up a notch.and pray the location with the construction around it doesn't obscure it. BUT !!! oh those flavors should give this place strong & loyal followingSpecial Features:
- Hip food & drinkOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2014Creative menu and equally tasty. Service in main dining room is slow, bar service is spot-onSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Bones About itTaster1VIPDined on 7/25/2014This is a restaurant created in the gastropub tradition so ordering a number of small plates is the way to go. Be advised that they come out of the kitchen as soon as they ready so plan to share and be flexible. People in our group loved the Pork Belly and the roasted Brussels Sprouts but the Bones and Shells ( marrow bones and escargot ) were a big disappointment! The bones were not cut laterally, making it almost impossible to extract the marrow and the kitchen forgot to add the pesto...so they were flavorless. Another caution: this is an extremely vibrant...and therefore very, very loud restaurant. Be prepared to eat well but not necessarily to have conversation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RschagrinVIPDined on 7/25/2014This restaurant is only open 1 month. Went on a Friday night at 7:30 and by *, it was packed. Very noisy and very loud music. It is another gastro pub which I think means small plates to share and come out randomly from the kitchen when ready. I started with the Shells & Bones cracked sea salt roasted bone marrow/pesto rubbed escargot/seasoned crostini, just fair. For entrees, we had The Jerk all day braised jerked goat leg/coconut milk mash potatoes/curry sage/tomato jam , again just ok and definitely not the traditional taste of jerk seasoning. My wife ordered the Sweet and sticky ribs which were very good with a side of Truffle Lasagna brick grilled chicken. better than mac & cheese, unusual.
- Fun night, fun food!JoeatsDined on 7/19/2014Polenta with crawfish & shrimp was delicious, as was the Burata dish. They are both a must!!! Brisket tacos and Fish & Chips were very good - I would likely order again. Lamb shank was mediocre (lamb itself was just ok. Bed of mashed potatoes it came served on is great!) As for the turkey leg...it was just plain bad. Great vibe around the bar & the bartenders were so much fun! Their specialty margarita is amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The goat needs helpbocafoodieDined on 7/16/2014Don't know how you can mess up bar potato chips, wait, I know, you put a ton on salt on it and on everything else. Got the tuna burger, fuji salad and fish and chips and what all had in common was that it was all overly salted. Go easy on your salt. Our server, tall model looking dude was unfriendly, unknowledgeable about the happy hour food and drinks and a terrible server. It's so easy to come over and talk to people, ask their names and where they're from, this guy just ignored us. I guess he thought his beauty would make up the difference, but it didn't. I tried GG twice already, but this time, I don't know if I would be going back.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Gluttonous Goat reviews archive.