Gluek's Restaurant & Bar
16 North 6th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55403Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
BreweryPrice: $30 and under
Gluek's Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.glueks.com/
- Phone: 6123386621
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm OPEN SUNDAYS for MN Twins & Timberwolves games as well as Target Center events!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Beer Garden, Contemporary American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Christian James Brown
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Enjoy a GLUEK BEER the oldest beer label in Minnesota! LIVE LOCAL MUSIC every week! Check our website at www.GLUEKS.com for our event calendar with music listings.
- Special Events: Happy Hour Daily 2pm-6pm- $4.00 Drinks & Appetizers for 4 Hours!
- Cross Street: on 6th St. btw Hennepin & 1st Ave. North
- Public Transit: We are at the Warehouse District stop on the Light Rail Transit line, just before Target Field. Gluek's is located just 100 steps from Target Field and only 50 steps from Target Center!
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There are many different parking options available including adjacent surface lot, Block E underground ramp and street parking.
A word from Gluek's Restaurant & Bar
Welcome to Gluek’s Restaurant & Bar - the OLDEST restaurant in downtown Minneapolis. Family Owned & Operated since 1934, Gluek's has been serving Minneapolis since Prohibition and is a local favorite!! Enjoy lunch, dinner, happy hour or host a private party in our FREE Banquet room...perfect for any occasion! The food is fabulous with generous portions and the friendly service will keep you coming back time and time again. Old world charm can be found everywhere at Gluek's with a European Beer Hall atmosphere, high arched ceilings, gorgeous stained glass windows and natural wood work. Have you had a GLUEK BEER today?! Minnesota has been drinking GLUEK BEER since 1857 so there's not a better time than NOW to go ahead and have one for yourself! We offer Gluek Pilsner, Gluek Golden Light, Gluek Red and Gluek Honey Brown on tap in 4 different sizes! Be like the bottle...say GLUEK GLUEK GLUEK!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Gluek's Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (4)special occasion (4)romantic (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)fit for foodies (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- MediocreTCDinerDined on 9/13/2014Moderately priced. Ok food and service for a bar. Pretty noisy but fun atmosphere.
- gluten free foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014When we received or food my wife asked if the croutons in the salad were gluten free. We also wood like to see gluten free pretzels. Also we wasn't sure if the dressing was gluten free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More wait staffDaveVIPDined on 8/21/2014I had a reservation on a Thursday at 5:45P, alone, which should not have been busy, and get quick service. Wrong. Although I was seated immediately, and the restaurant was slow at the time, the service was lousy. I brought a beer from the bar prior to seating, so I didn't need a drink. Then groups started to come in, and the wait staff were ignoring me and getting orders from people who more frequently came (this was my first time). The food was mediocre, even though I had one of their open faced specialty sandwiches. They seemed more accomodating to groups that came in after me, then one or two person tables.Special Features:
- Yummmy Black & Blue BurgerBurgerDreamerDined on 8/17/2014We were on our way to see a concert and had dinner here. It was a Sunday, they had $2 "mystery beer" that was fun. The burgers were very good & service was great!Special Features:
- foodieDined on 8/7/2014Service was slow. It took about an hour for 2 hamburgers and then when we got the food, it wasn't that great! We had to track down the waiter for beverages.
- Nice restuaranttwins8Dined on 7/19/2014We enjoyed eating at Glueks before attending the Twins Game. The service was quick even though we were late for our reservation they were very gracious both when we called to notify them as well as when we got there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Game DayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2014The fact that there was a Twins Game and a Lynx game made it very crowded and noisy in Gluek's. The food is normal bar food with a limited menu. I have eaten there once before and if you just want a burger it is a good place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Service, Dirty LinesEmmykayDined on 6/28/2014Went to Gluek's for a pre-concert dinner and drinks, and the food and service was outstanding. We were also very impressed with the tap beer list, but it was pretty evident that the tap lines need cleaning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gathering spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014Appetizers, cocktails, and the Service were all great. 1st time here, will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- The following 132 reviews are from the Gluek's Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Beautifully Restored InteriorShoreviewGuyDined on 5/9/2014Went to Gluek's before a show at a downtown theater. Very cool older interior - restored to previous luster. The food was very good - I had the Berliner sandwich and some pretzel sticks (appetizer) - I would recommend them both. The service was prompt and the prices were reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BratsanonreviewerDined on 5/3/2014Glueks has been around for a long time and their beer selection is good. This was our second time. We went to Glueks to eat before going to First Avenue and it was very noisy. The Kentucky Derby was on, so there was a lot of shouting and hooting; the music and TV's were on very loud. It is pretty much a sports bar with a history. Nice stained glass and old bar features. The service was excellent! We left a good tip. The brats were very good, though I think they could change their buns: not very sturdy.
- Minneapolis iconMstasiaVIPDined on 5/2/2014We love the history if this bar but on this evening we wanted to watch the wild game and there was a loud band playing and there was no sound on TV so we had to leave and go to the loonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette PartyKrystleDined on 4/5/2014We went to Gluek's with a group of 12 people for a bachelorette party on Saturday night. We had a lot of fun! The atmosphere was really fun, the food was really good, and the drinks were delicious! Very reasonably priced too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish FryboktDined on 3/7/2014We went to Gluek's to try their all you can eat fish fry. It's rare to find a restaurant that offers a fish other than cod and/or pollock, and Gluek's has catfish which was exciting for my husband. He thoroughly enjoyed it! Don't forget to check Yelp and unlock their offer for a free house beer. While we didn't try it, the soft pretzel appetizer looked yummy. It was HUGE! Definitely more than enough to share with a table of friends. As they are located right across the street from Target Center, you may want to time your visit around events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not disappointedNiBoDined on 3/6/2014I was working an event downtown and then attending a concert. There were multiple events going on in the area at the numerous downtown venues and I was concerned with being able to find somewhere for my boyfriend and I to eat. I made a relatively last minute reservation at Gluek's due to recommendations from friends. We were not disappointed. There was a great selection of beers and we both easily found something on the menu. Our server was courteous and did not rush us through our meal, even though the restaurant itself was busy. Not only would we come here again, but it is likely that we will come here for most, if not all of our pre-concert/game meals. Great ambiance and noise levels were surprisingly low given how busy it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner!katesmomDined on 2/23/2014If you enjoy great beer on tap and the dependability of great food, this is the place you must visit! We've chosen Gluek"s as our celebratory 'go-to' bar for its amazing fish, fries, and coleslaw...a culinary trifecta every single time! Money, effort, and time well spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSueMDined on 2/22/2014It's been awhile since we've been to Gluek's and forgot how good the food is. Perfect fare for a cold winter day. The huge Bavarian pretzel dipped with beer cheese soup was awesome. We also ordered the sausage app (yum!), famous walleye sandwich (delicious) the pork roast mushroom sandwich (I can't recall the name), and of course several Gluek's beers. Don't come here if you're on a diet, come here for hearty delicious food. Our service was simply OK - server forgot our orders, was slow to bring the check, and just didn't seem in a good mood. We all have bad days so it wouldn't dissuade me from coming back. The prices were right too, most entrees in the $12 range, very good value for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-priced non-German foodFancyNancyDined on 2/8/2014There is not much on the menu that is German. In reality, this is a hangout for sports fans who are on their way to a game. My roast beef sandwich was tender but unimpressive and included a large chunk of fat. My husband's vegetarian walnut burger was only so-so. Wine was reasonably priced. I had asked for a quiet table but it's not possible there. We won't be going back.Special Features:
- Great Beer- even better serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/8/2014We had a great experience eating here. The food was your typical burgers/sandwiches kind of thing. The food was excellent, as well as the beer. We also had a great server- checking on us many times without being obnoxious or intrusive. It was a great experience, and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good jointxullyDined on 1/31/2014I've dined/drank at Gluek's numerous times. This was a light dinner/beers before a T-Wolves game. Good food, good and prompt service, just what was needed that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and crowdedSodakDined on 1/18/2014Disappointed that only a limited menu was available that night. Food was very good, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glueks had been a favoriteKathDined on 1/15/2014glueks had been a favorite of ours in the 80's but in our recent return to the restaurant the atmosphere was great and the food equally poor.
- Good option before the gamerlinskDined on 1/8/2014Known for beer, maybe less so for food, but we had the reportedly famous walleye sandwiches and they were huge, and good. Convenient to Target Center, Target Field, Block E, nuff said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pretzels ever!!tcnewcomerDined on 1/8/2014Loved the cozy, intimate feel of this place - lots of warm wood, although I'm not a fan of the animal heads on the wall. My open-faced pot roast sandwich was excellent - never heard of putting a thin layer of sour cream before adding Swiss cheese, but it rocked! Fiesta chips were fine, but salsa was thin and watery. Hubby's burger and fries were great. The real star was the pretzel sticks! Hot, fresh, just the right amount of salt, served with beer cheese and honey mustard dipping sauces. We'll come back just for the pretzels! We weren't drinking that night, but it looks like they have a great beer selection for those so inclined. Only a block from the Target Center, so it was the perfect place for a quick bite before the Timberwolves game.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DO not make a reservation hereNotHappyDined on 1/7/2014We had a reservation for a planned night for a concert in Minneapolis in advance for a group. When we arrived at the restaurant we were told "we are too busy and overbooked, I doubt we will be able to honor your reservation until the concert has started", the host staff never apologized and were very rude to us as if it was our fault we had made a reservation using open table. They blamed open table for over booking them and said that no one would leave and they could not turn tables. They were rude and proceed to send us to a restaurant a block away saying they had openings and they were also booked, to get us out of there! We will never return They did not say they were sorry or give us a drink while they asked us to wait for over an hour
- Good ExperiencekakimerDined on 1/7/2014Food, service, and ambience were great. It was a bit loud but that's to be expected at a bar and on a night right before a concert at Target Center. Excellent location to eat at before a Target Center activity. Would definitely go to Gluek's again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively bar, historic vibesvenskatjejVIPDined on 1/4/2014Stopped in for a bite before a Timberwolves game. It was busy but our food and drink arrived promptly. Good beer list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Beer n Short WalkgoodeatzDined on 1/4/2014The best spot before a Timberwolves game. Love the German Potato Salad!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go before a gameOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/1/2014This is a great, fair priced pub near the Taeget CenterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- finnsters loved the fish!finnstersDined on 12/28/2013All the food is quite tasty, but the fish & chips rock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluecks is a fun bar & restaurant!jonbDined on 12/3/2013The big pretzel was amazing! We have never seen anything like it! Waitress was terrific...fun, informative. Great beers too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluek'sKatieDined on 11/30/2013Great for beer lovers! Ambience is welcoming and warm. Nice selection of beers; our food was great. Home of the beet tower which is always good fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden JewelLuv2HudsonDined on 11/30/2013Think beyond Gluek's being just a place that serves premium beer. The atmosphere, architecture, service, beer and food selection left us nothing to want. This is definitely a place I will visit again!Special Features:
- Good foodMichiganDined on 11/29/2013We were visiting from Michigan. Found this restaurant on Open Table. Good food and local brew.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big beer, big foodverbalmuggingDined on 11/29/2013Gluek's was very accommodating for our large party (10 people). Our server was fast and accurate. Great portions and great big beers! Excellent happy hour, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun historic spotOwenDined on 11/23/2013I love breweries. This one offered many great choices in addition to their house brews and has excellent prices on the 4 oz samples. We had lots of fun sampling a bunch of great beers. And the walleye sandwich is mind blowing and huge! The only complaint is how cramped the place is. Ur pretty much sitting with the tables around you. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbienceCdinerDined on 11/22/2013We enjoyed the food and the service was good. Really enjoyed the history and restoration of the very old building.Special Features:
- didn't like that we were chargedafoodieDined on 11/16/2013didn't like that we were charged extra for a seasoned sour cream that we didn't ask for, server removed 2 of the 3 charges. Good spot before T'wolves game.Special Features:
- Happy Hour FunhappyhourfunDined on 11/12/2013Gluek's was a great place for a happy hour with friends. Our server was attentive, knowledgeable, and pleasant. Our orders came quickly, and the food was delicious. We were able to add a table when more friends showed up and be flexible in our seating arrangement. Definitely a place we'll come back to for future happy hours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Say no to the pulled pork.AnnoyinglymadDined on 11/8/2013We've never had bad service here. We also haven't had bad food until this last time. The pulled pork was so overdone I couldn't rip through it with my teeth It wasn't pulled pork as much as congealed pork. One bad night out of the many times we've been there isn't bad. The service was still great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.