glowbal grill steaks and satay
1079 Mainland Street
Vancouver, BC V6B5P9Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
glowbal grill steaks and satay
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.glowbalgrill.com/
- Phone: 6046020835x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Thurs: 11:30am - 1:00am
Fri: 11:30am - 2:00am
Sat: 10:30am - 2:00am
Sun: 10:30am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, International
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Available for corporate functions, weddings, and cocktail functions for full service or drop off. Please contact 604.685.4569 for further details.
- Private Party Facilities: glowbal grill steaks & satay bar is the perfect venue for your next function. Clients, friends or associates will experience a meal beyond all expectations. Book your next party at glowbal grill steaks & satay or AFTERglow Lounge.
Patio – 60 seated guests.
AFTERglow – (lounge located in glowbal grill)
40 seated guests
Group Set Menus available for lunch and dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Brent O'Connor 778-980-4569x
A word from glowbal grill steaks and satay
This room is a Vancouver icon, and its chameleon qualities are alive with energy day and night. From studious business lunches to early evening dinner, the room morphs and changes as the night wears on. You haven’t been to Vancouver until you’ve been to Glowbal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
glowbal grill steaks and satay reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (19)good for groups (17)special occasion (16)fit for foodies (12)great for brunch (11)neighborhood gem (11)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (10)great for lunch (9)romantic (9)late-night find (8)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- way too loudotwsnoopDined on 9/27/2014They seated us in the corner, boxed in with a rowdy group of 6. We could hardly hear each other speak. Service was good. Servers were attentive and came to check on us. The spaghetti and meatballs were yummy, but the sablefish was a small portion and accompanies by breaded and fried beans, which clashed with the delicate nature of the fish. I'd ask the kitchen to rethink that dish.Special Features:
- loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Super food, great service, attention to detail. Executive Chef Scott was most helpful with arranging a special dessert. Most appreciatedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the CoastMitchDined on 9/18/2014This is an average restaurant - certainly not the same calibre as the Coast. Food was ok - not "wow" or anything. Decent place for a relaxing gathering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful quiet outdoor seatingJowilVIPDined on 9/17/2014Service is always outstanding and the patio is the best place to enjoy a meal with friends. Not too noisy so conversation can actually take place.Special Features:
- Surprisingly mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014This was my fourth time dining at Glowbal and the food was definitely not at the same quality that I have eaten in the past. I ordered the prime rib special, medium rare, center cut. I received what appeared to be an end cut, well done and very fatty and gristly. The service, ambiance, noise level and seating were fine. I just wish the food was better.Special Features:
- Good food but too noisy...BandwurmDined on 9/6/2014My third time here- foodwise it is my favourite spot in Yaletown but the music is far too loud for any longer conversation. It has the noise level of a disco and after 1h my voice was almost gone. So, I cannot recommend to sit inside if you want to chat with your friends, try to get a table outside. But if you are used to scream, this might be a good spot for dinner.Special Features:
- AdequateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014. The meat of the short ribs was tender and flavorful, the meat of the lamb shank was tender, but couldn't tell it was lamb. The food was good, but didn't stand out. The waitress was pleasant, but didn't bring any bread as we watched the tables around us get bread. This was noticed by the hostess and I believe the manager, but they did not react. For $40.00 per person, there are too many other restaurants in the area to choose from, to make this stand out. We have been to all the other Glowbal Restaurants and would go back to all but this one.
- they are closed for renovation!CLVanDined on 8/4/2014Don't wanna blame this to open table. the global grill is closed for renovation. They didn't mention this on the website, and still allowed me to book a table online. We only found out they are closed when we got there.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Service was very slow and was not very presentableSpecial Features:
- Do the Tomahawk!3KidsDontGetOutMuchDined on 7/24/2014Came in for our 10th Anniversary from Seattle. The manager welcomed us with a very nice glass of Prosecco and then suggested we try the Tomahawk rib eye since it was Tomahawk Thursday and it was almost half price. 50ozs of pure bliss. Cooked perfectly (go medium rare to medium and more towards medium, too rare makes it chewy). Tera Jean our server was excellent. Excellent food, service and ambience. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grecDined on 7/13/2014We had booked our meal during what turned out to be Happy Hour - an unexpected treat for us!Special Features:
- anniversary dinneredmontonDined on 7/12/2014awesome setting staff were extremely accommodating!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- made my daughters nightBuffyDined on 6/28/2014It was my daughters 11th birthday and she wanted to eat at Glowbal. We had tickets she did not know about for Queen/Adam Lambert so we needed a nice meal but fast service. Our food was there really fast that we ordered some bread after so we could nibble while we finished our wine. Then came the fabulous desert platter made just for our daughters celebration and it had a taste of all the fine deserts on it. They were all really good. I only ever order the Chocolate Bread Pudding because its to die for so this was great that I could taste more of their yummy treats. We ate and got out of their in plenty of time to walk to the show at the arena and surprise her. The staff at Glowbal were all so friendly & we had great service as usualSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rach2VIPDined on 6/22/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Glowbal when we were there on the first Sunday of summer. The brunch feature was an ingenious "sample platter" customized by size to fit the number of diners. It included braised beef eggs benny, a lobster frittata, turtle-style waffles (a nice touch with the sugared pecans), greens and potatoes. At $17 a person, it was an absolute deal. The wait staff were attentive and engaging. I will be sure to return again this summer on a sunny day!Special Features:
- Could have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014We sat on the deck and that was really nice. It felt very European so the ambience was good. The waitress was a trainee I believe, so not very with it. The manager fellow was very good. Although the meal was terrible. Two of us ordered the prime rib Sunday special, and it was not very special. It didn't even look like prime rib. My family and I have a lot of allergies and intolerances and they seemed to have screwed up the meals, mostly my husband's on Father's Day. We frequent all the Glowbal restaurants, Black and Blue, Italian Kitchen, Trattoria, Coast and have always enjoyed good service and delicious meals. This was not up to their standard.
- SophiaDined on 6/15/2014Great food - even without a kids breakfast menu, there were lots of options and some "please put it on the side" that made the meal tasty for kids and adults alike.Special Features:
- Terrible service from Scott & MgrsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014Oh boy, baaaaaaaaaaaad service. Saturday afternoon and the patio was full. I had made a reservation in advance of arrival. We were seated inside and completely forgotten about. Scott was MIA throughout the meal. I tried to have a conversation with a manager about it who quickly dismissed me - "he has a full section on the patio". No apologies. They even had two managers/supervisors during our visit that seemed more interested in joking around with the bar/kitchen staff than helping out.
- The following 737 reviews are from the glowbal grill steaks and satay reviews archive.
- Fish portion was way too small.BetterChefMyselfDined on 6/5/2014Lobster mashed potatoes were dry and tasteless. Specialty cocktails were overpriced for a glass of ice.
- Sunday Early DinnerJoolzDined on 6/1/2014Just okay for dinner with a child...it's more of an adult scene even on a Sunday afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and service!VanswtyDined on 5/30/2014Everything we ordered was fabulous. The service was great. The reccomendations were great as well. Always a great experience.Special Features:
- Great servicey76thetable340Dined on 5/30/2014We come to your restaurant a lot because we love it so much. The service is fantastic. The young gentleman that seats everyone is so wonderful and so friendly and so very accommodating to one's needs. He did his very best to get us the table we wanted. He was excellent. Our waiter Scotty was really helpful, He knew the menu well and took the extra time to explain the menu to us. The food is excellent the service is excellent, your staff is excellent and we will be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful for sharing,dinningoutspecialistDined on 5/27/2014Had a great dinning experience ever time I have been to Glowbal friendly staff, attentive and will cater to special dinning needs. Menu has lots of variety, special nights half price wine . Great outdoor venue with lots of tables, well covered for nights that aren't so nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tight seatingAverageJoeDined on 5/18/2014It's good food and everything but if you're a table of 2, you're always given tight seats with limited table space.Special Features:
- Making a ReservationFoodsourceDined on 5/17/2014After using Open Table to reserve ahead, very disappointed with table given. Management did amend when requested but not a good first impression. Food brought to table was tasty but cold. Found service basic and felt we were being hustled along as a 6:45 table booking. With all the exciting food in Vancouver, will not return here.
- BrunchSkyAgentmDined on 5/11/2014I've been here for dinners, late nights and now brunch with the kids! Food, service was great during brunch.Special Features:
- Great place in YaletownPorkchopDined on 5/11/2014Came here for brunch with my family. The food was great, with some interesting options. The floor manager/host was a bit off-putting... but the serving staff was fantastic. Very attentive and helpful, even with accommodating my picky children. So it was great for my family - but I wouldn't call it a family restaurant. It would be great for groups or couples too... I suspect that is more the target audience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Down hill fastBlackBonnieVIPDined on 5/11/2014This used to be my favorite restaurant and thought it would be a bullet proof option for a Mother's Day brunch. The wait staff all complained that they were tired as had been working late shifts and they looked it - clumsy, wrinkled uniforms, chipped nail polish. The restaurant itself was grubby and the food was cold and tasteless. My lobster benny was mostly crab that tasted like it came from a can. Not what I expect from a Glowbal restaurant and I was sorry I brought my Mom there. Maybe they should stick with dinner if they can't get it together for brunch.
- Best of Glowbal RestaurantsMmeUnicornDined on 5/8/2014This is by far my favorite staple in Yaletown; food is always good and the service outstanding.Special Features:
- DisappointedGrizeldaDined on 4/18/2014I have been frequenting Glowbal since it first opened and on Friday I was disappointed in a number of things: 1. The music was so loud we couldn't hold a conversation. 2. We had to wait for a long time for our food. 3. We were at a table with very little space to get in or out. 4. Coffee was luke warm. It saddens me to say that I won't go back for a very long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this restaurant whentommyjoDined on 4/13/2014We love this restaurant when it is possible to sit outside. Brunches are excellent. Dining inside for dinner is a bit too noisy due to the younger Yaletown crowd. However, if you like a great "buzz", this is the place. Not recommended for people that want to carry on a peaceful conversation during dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Russell my waiter always treatsDinaDined on 4/9/2014Russell my waiter always treats me as a special guest. He is invaluable to myself, staff and friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicejohnDined on 3/30/2014Sorry no recomendation, the food was okay not something special but the service was poor, needed so gravy or au juis for my yorkshire and had to get up and find someone to ask for it, my date needed some salt and finally the server came by and then forgot to bring it so I had to again get up and go find another person and ask again. Very disappointed and I am sure that is why I say the meal was okay. Sorry would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Great place to eat!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2014Took my boyfriend out for his birthday here this past weekend an it was awesome! Delicious food, great service, great mood. Really enjoyed it! Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good first experiencelittlefamDined on 3/28/2014We got a gift card for the Glowbal group and my daughter chose this restaurant. The food was excellent and the service was great. They had reasonable priced drinks and more expensive ones if you want. It was very noisy and the space between tables was very tight. We liked the table we were given because it was in the corner. I don't know if I would want to sit anywhere else because there is no privacy and the noise level made it pretty tough to hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation?!?!?Atlanta21Dined on 3/28/2014We had made a reservation for lunch. Upon arrival, we had to wait for an extra 12-15 minutes. The food was decent, but it was rather slow in coming. All in all, we had to dash out, because we were pressed for time and we were disappointed with the slow service.Special Features:
- Overall, I've always likedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/21/2014Overall, I've always liked Glowbal. Unfortunately, we had a hair in our calamari and the restaurant did not take it off our bill. That was sad to us. However, the rest of the food was very nice. We did bring kids with us and that probably wasn't the best fit but they liked their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/20/2014It's not fine dining. The Cactus Club nearby is a better choice for similar quality food, and less noise
- I ordered the the braisedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2014I ordered the the braised beef with pasta. I thought it was the same dish at the Italian kitchen. Boy was I wrong. The braised beef was dry and tasteless. Also, we ordered the mozzarella cheese balls. The server dropped off the cheese balls to our table but did not inform us of the types of sauces on the plate. It turned out one of the sauces was peanut based and my daughter has an allergy to peanuts. There was no mention or description of the sauces that came with the mozzarella cheese balls. When I complained to our waitress, she apologized and said that the server must have forgot to inform us of the sauces. Nothing else was done. The food and quality of service at this restaurant has gone down hill from 10 years ago.
- Awkward table!!PFvancityDined on 3/8/2014The table we were given felt like an afterthought! It was clearly added in to an already overcrowded spot just to make room for more people. My boyfriend and I are both really tall and were not comfortable at the half moon shaped tables. The food was good but the waiter brought out the wrong food for my boyfriend so we had to wait for the right dish to be brought to our table. Overall it was an okay experience but it was a little to noisy with a big group very intoxicated people sitting directly behind us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No ClassNolioDined on 3/5/2014We sat at a table that looked directly at the open kitchen and a see through meat fridge. My steak came out warm instead of hot, and the same with my coffee. The Brussel sprouts were overdone but at least the rib eye and mashed potatoes were quite tasty. Not a place to go for a romantic meal.