glowbal grill steaks and satay
1079 Mainland Street
Vancouver, BC V6B5P9Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
glowbal grill steaks and satay
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.glowbalgrill.com/
- Phone: (604) 602-0835
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Thurs: 11:30am - 1:00am
Fri: 11:30am - 2:00am
Sat: 10:30am - 2:00am
Sun: 10:30am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, International
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Available for corporate functions, weddings, and cocktail functions for full service or drop off. Please contact 604.685.4569 for further details.
- Private Party Facilities: glowbal grill steaks & satay bar is the perfect venue for your next function. Clients, friends or associates will experience a meal beyond all expectations. Book your next party at glowbal grill steaks & satay or AFTERglow Lounge.
Patio – 60 seated guests.
AFTERglow – (lounge located in glowbal grill)
40 seated guests
Group Set Menus available for lunch and dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Brent O'Connor 778-980-4569x
A word from glowbal grill steaks and satay
This room is a Vancouver icon, and its chameleon qualities are alive with energy day and night. From studious business lunches to early evening dinner, the room morphs and changes as the night wears on. You haven’t been to Vancouver until you’ve been to Glowbal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
glowbal grill steaks and satay reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (19)special occasion (18)great for outdoor dining (17)good for groups (17)neighborhood gem (15)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (13)romantic (10)late-night find (9)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Great food & service!TaylorPartyof2Dined on 11/19/2014We love eating at this place. The food is very good. Our favorites are the beet salad & the flat-bread. The service is also excellent. The staff take a lot of pride and ownership in their work, making you feel like you are a guest in their home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spaghetti & meatballs disappointingkbutler2Dined on 11/18/2014Spaghetti & meatballs were supposed to be a signature dish but I would not recommend it. The meatballs are covered in a bit of tomato sauce and then placed on top of creamy cheese spaghetti that is stuck together and over done. The pasta was terrible and the meatballs were cooked well but didn't complement the pasta and sauce. The garlic bread on the side was made with stale bread. Not appetizing at all.
- Would not recommendDisappointedDined on 11/15/2014The music was so loud we did not enjoy our evening. When you cannot talk to the people you are with it doesn't really matter how good the food is. When we asked the management the reasons for the bar atmosphere they said the owner wanted this particular vibe. I would suggest advertising as a nightclub, rather than a restaurant. The other concern was the dark hallway leading to the washrooms. There was no lighting and you felt like you were headed into a basement. Unappealing!Special Features:
- Fabulous dinner for our 1st anniversaryDJWSLWDined on 11/14/2014We booked a late dinner reservation at Glowbal to celebrate our 1st anniversary. Staff was very accommodating, ensuring we were seated at a quiet table at the back of the restaurant. They had glasses of champagne for us on our arrival which was a nice touch. Food was excellent and service was even better. Our server was fabulous, and the manager that night was very attentive to our needs, made sure everything was special, and truly cared that we had a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rabbit3VIPDined on 11/14/2014Great service, excellent foods, valued pricing, we will definately come back
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Hello, We found service was average. Very slow. We ordered two bottles of the same $140.00 wine and the server poured the second bottle in the decanter with the first bottle ... Mixing the two bottles. Our glasses were rarely re-filled by the server. Appetizers were very good. Main course very average. Very tough Strip loin steaks. I would not class the food or service better than the KEG type of restaurant, although it should be a higher end restaurant by the pricing and name.
- Fair at bestBillyDined on 11/8/2014Table maintenance was lacking. Food was underwhelming. Lobster tail was very disappointing. Satay platter was good on value, but tasteless and plain. Not my favorite of the Global Group.Special Features:
- It was a memorable night for me and my girlfriend.haparocksDined on 11/7/2014We would definitely visit again. Great atmosphere, food, and friendly servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs A RefreshUrbanluncherDined on 10/21/2014Glowbal Grill seriously needs a renovation and refresh. This used to be one of my fav lunch spots but it's clearly gone downhill. Threadbare chairs, worn out upholstery, chipped paint, the rear of the restaurant near the washrooms is beat up and trashed. We both had salmon for lunch, most of the entree was room temperature at best, the brussel sprouts were overly seasoned, salty and cold, tasted like they'd been cooked hours ago. There's much better places to lunch nearby, I'm surprised the Glowbal Group has let it's namesake slide so far. Likely my last visit.
- Birthday BrunchPickyFoodieDined on 10/19/2014We had a pleasant time eating outside on the patio. Our server was friendly and attentive. The Eggs Benedict were perfectly cooked and tasty. I would definitely recommend the brunch menu and hope to dine here again myself.Special Features:
- Excellent Cooking, Good AmbiancePharmachickDined on 10/12/2014On our 2nd trip to Glowbal, we chose it specifically because last time (before Tom Petty concert) was so good al fresco. This time, it was pouring and getting cold ...its Fall, so obviously :-). It was also Thanksgiving Sunday. The food was excellently cooked (again) but all diners felt it arrived at the table luke-warm and not hot enough. But still we forgave them as it was so GOOD. We had two turkey dinner specials, one short rib pappardelle and one fish entree. Wine was excellent, if a tad on the pricey side (yeah, OK its Vancouver, we deal). The pumpkin pie dessert was appreciated by 3/4. The port for dessert was *well* appreciated by 2/4. My only real concern was how very dark the dining room was, more lights! The service was superiorSpecial Features:
- DisappointedDined on 10/11/2014Dark and dingy on the inside with blaring music. The tables for two are squished together with very little room to pass between tables. The food was only lukewarm when brought to the table. The Global group is capable of so much more based on their past restaurant history in Vancouver. Overall very disappointing.
- Glowbal PlatterMochaDined on 10/3/2014We had the Glowbal Platter for two and it was outstanding. The rib eye steak was done to perfection and the service was excellent. Unlike some of the other reviews I've read, we did not have to wait too long for our food to arrive. I would definitely consider coming back to the restaurant again.Special Features:
- Great food, slow serviceavideaterDined on 9/27/2014Food was very good. Appetizers arrived quickly, but main courses took way too long. People sitting next to us waited so long that they had to leave before their main courses arrived as they were going to a show. Management were very apologetic, but they don't seem to be able to handle large crowds.Special Features:
- way too loudotwsnoopDined on 9/27/2014They seated us in the corner, boxed in with a rowdy group of 6. We could hardly hear each other speak. Service was good. Servers were attentive and came to check on us. The spaghetti and meatballs were yummy, but the sablefish was a small portion and accompanies by breaded and fried beans, which clashed with the delicate nature of the fish. I'd ask the kitchen to rethink that dish.Special Features:
- loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Super food, great service, attention to detail. Executive Chef Scott was most helpful with arranging a special dessert. Most appreciatedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the CoastMitchDined on 9/18/2014This is an average restaurant - certainly not the same calibre as the Coast. Food was ok - not "wow" or anything. Decent place for a relaxing gathering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful quiet outdoor seatingJowilVIPDined on 9/17/2014Service is always outstanding and the patio is the best place to enjoy a meal with friends. Not too noisy so conversation can actually take place.Special Features:
- Surprisingly mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014This was my fourth time dining at Glowbal and the food was definitely not at the same quality that I have eaten in the past. I ordered the prime rib special, medium rare, center cut. I received what appeared to be an end cut, well done and very fatty and gristly. The service, ambiance, noise level and seating were fine. I just wish the food was better.Special Features:
- Good food but too noisy...BandwurmDined on 9/6/2014My third time here- foodwise it is my favourite spot in Yaletown but the music is far too loud for any longer conversation. It has the noise level of a disco and after 1h my voice was almost gone. So, I cannot recommend to sit inside if you want to chat with your friends, try to get a table outside. But if you are used to scream, this might be a good spot for dinner.Special Features:
- AdequateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014. The meat of the short ribs was tender and flavorful, the meat of the lamb shank was tender, but couldn't tell it was lamb. The food was good, but didn't stand out. The waitress was pleasant, but didn't bring any bread as we watched the tables around us get bread. This was noticed by the hostess and I believe the manager, but they did not react. For $40.00 per person, there are too many other restaurants in the area to choose from, to make this stand out. We have been to all the other Glowbal Restaurants and would go back to all but this one.
- they are closed for renovation!CLVanDined on 8/4/2014Don't wanna blame this to open table. the global grill is closed for renovation. They didn't mention this on the website, and still allowed me to book a table online. We only found out they are closed when we got there.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Service was very slow and was not very presentableSpecial Features:
- The following 745 reviews are from the glowbal grill steaks and satay reviews archive.
- Do the Tomahawk!3KidsDontGetOutMuchDined on 7/24/2014Came in for our 10th Anniversary from Seattle. The manager welcomed us with a very nice glass of Prosecco and then suggested we try the Tomahawk rib eye since it was Tomahawk Thursday and it was almost half price. 50ozs of pure bliss. Cooked perfectly (go medium rare to medium and more towards medium, too rare makes it chewy). Tera Jean our server was excellent. Excellent food, service and ambience. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grecDined on 7/13/2014We had booked our meal during what turned out to be Happy Hour - an unexpected treat for us!Special Features:
- anniversary dinneredmontonDined on 7/12/2014awesome setting staff were extremely accommodating!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- made my daughters nightBuffyDined on 6/28/2014It was my daughters 11th birthday and she wanted to eat at Glowbal. We had tickets she did not know about for Queen/Adam Lambert so we needed a nice meal but fast service. Our food was there really fast that we ordered some bread after so we could nibble while we finished our wine. Then came the fabulous desert platter made just for our daughters celebration and it had a taste of all the fine deserts on it. They were all really good. I only ever order the Chocolate Bread Pudding because its to die for so this was great that I could taste more of their yummy treats. We ate and got out of their in plenty of time to walk to the show at the arena and surprise her. The staff at Glowbal were all so friendly & we had great service as usualSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rach2VIPDined on 6/22/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Glowbal when we were there on the first Sunday of summer. The brunch feature was an ingenious "sample platter" customized by size to fit the number of diners. It included braised beef eggs benny, a lobster frittata, turtle-style waffles (a nice touch with the sugared pecans), greens and potatoes. At $17 a person, it was an absolute deal. The wait staff were attentive and engaging. I will be sure to return again this summer on a sunny day!Special Features:
- Could have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014We sat on the deck and that was really nice. It felt very European so the ambience was good. The waitress was a trainee I believe, so not very with it. The manager fellow was very good. Although the meal was terrible. Two of us ordered the prime rib Sunday special, and it was not very special. It didn't even look like prime rib. My family and I have a lot of allergies and intolerances and they seemed to have screwed up the meals, mostly my husband's on Father's Day. We frequent all the Glowbal restaurants, Black and Blue, Italian Kitchen, Trattoria, Coast and have always enjoyed good service and delicious meals. This was not up to their standard.
- SophiaDined on 6/15/2014Great food - even without a kids breakfast menu, there were lots of options and some "please put it on the side" that made the meal tasty for kids and adults alike.Special Features:
- Terrible service from Scott & MgrsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014Oh boy, baaaaaaaaaaaad service. Saturday afternoon and the patio was full. I had made a reservation in advance of arrival. We were seated inside and completely forgotten about. Scott was MIA throughout the meal. I tried to have a conversation with a manager about it who quickly dismissed me - "he has a full section on the patio". No apologies. They even had two managers/supervisors during our visit that seemed more interested in joking around with the bar/kitchen staff than helping out.
- Fish portion was way too small.BetterChefMyselfDined on 6/5/2014Lobster mashed potatoes were dry and tasteless. Specialty cocktails were overpriced for a glass of ice.
- Sunday Early DinnerJoolzDined on 6/1/2014Just okay for dinner with a child...it's more of an adult scene even on a Sunday afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and service!VanswtyDined on 5/30/2014Everything we ordered was fabulous. The service was great. The reccomendations were great as well. Always a great experience.Special Features:
- Great servicey76thetable340Dined on 5/30/2014We come to your restaurant a lot because we love it so much. The service is fantastic. The young gentleman that seats everyone is so wonderful and so friendly and so very accommodating to one's needs. He did his very best to get us the table we wanted. He was excellent. Our waiter Scotty was really helpful, He knew the menu well and took the extra time to explain the menu to us. The food is excellent the service is excellent, your staff is excellent and we will be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful for sharing,dinningoutspecialistDined on 5/27/2014Had a great dinning experience ever time I have been to Glowbal friendly staff, attentive and will cater to special dinning needs. Menu has lots of variety, special nights half price wine . Great outdoor venue with lots of tables, well covered for nights that aren't so nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tight seatingAverageJoeDined on 5/18/2014It's good food and everything but if you're a table of 2, you're always given tight seats with limited table space.Special Features:
- Making a ReservationFoodsourceDined on 5/17/2014After using Open Table to reserve ahead, very disappointed with table given. Management did amend when requested but not a good first impression. Food brought to table was tasty but cold. Found service basic and felt we were being hustled along as a 6:45 table booking. With all the exciting food in Vancouver, will not return here.
- BrunchSkyAgentmDined on 5/11/2014I've been here for dinners, late nights and now brunch with the kids! Food, service was great during brunch.Special Features:
- Great place in YaletownPorkchopDined on 5/11/2014Came here for brunch with my family. The food was great, with some interesting options. The floor manager/host was a bit off-putting... but the serving staff was fantastic. Very attentive and helpful, even with accommodating my picky children. So it was great for my family - but I wouldn't call it a family restaurant. It would be great for groups or couples too... I suspect that is more the target audience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.