71-07 3rd Avenue
Bay Ridge, NY 11209Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.glowthai.com/
- Phone: 7187481920
- Hours of Operation:
Thursday - Tuesday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Thursday - Tuesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout
A word from Glow Thai
The Lower East Side meets Bay Ridge at 3rd Avenue's newest Thai restaurant. The all Thai kitchen serves up tasty authentic Thai food to a sexy, lounge like dining room in the heart of Bay Ridge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Glow Thai reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (4)romantic (4)late-night find (4)special occasion (4)good for groups (3)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good foodnyptDined on 8/23/2014Authentic Thai food. Good service. We ordered Pad Thai, green curry with duck, curry puff. All delicious. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommend!crocodileDined on 8/22/2014Very friendly and feeling as you sit on friend’s backyardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!!!!!!!KingVIPDined on 8/15/2014the waitress Kim is very nice ,helpful with the great smile.... foods and drinks are great ..will def go back soon .....Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2014The food here is very good, the menu is not expensive, and the staff very nice. Always love having dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small but greataxgigglesDined on 6/20/2014This place is tiny but wonderful, the food was fresh and delicious and cheap, drinks are fun, and the service was quick and friendly.Special Features:
- The following 15 reviews are from the Glow Thai reviews archive.
- DeliciousStarDined on 5/31/2014Delicious food, incredible drinks and outstanding service always!
- Love Glow !LindaRose0905Dined on 5/16/2014My friends and I absolutely love this place! The food is incredible and the staff is so nice. The bartender, Kim, makes amazing signature cocktails. I highly recommend this restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never even got to eat hereCynthiaDined on 4/13/2014I was craving Thai food so I made the reservation through open table for 3:30. It took me about 20 minutes to even find a parking spot, which was about 3 blocks away. When I finally got to the restaurant, there was a white piece of paper on the door that said "open at 6:00pm" It would've been nice to know that in advance instead of wasting my time.
- Great food and portions. LoveStephVIPDined on 3/28/2014Great food and portions. Love the drunken gummy bear and white lady cocktails! Look forward going back when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2014Came here for my bday and my best friend bday and a few more time. We always had a bast we spend over 400 hundred the last time. They treat us amazing I would always go back there for the friendly service and great drinks and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousKtodayDined on 1/19/2014A great selection of delicious food for good prices. The only down side is the small size of the restaurant space itself.Special Features:
- AmazingJenniferDined on 1/18/2014The food was amazing and the pricing was just as good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh ...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2013The restauant is really small, which some would call "romantic," but the ambience is not romantic. The decor is very typical of a Thai restaurant: funky, eclectic, and cool. The food menu is very small, much smaller than a typical Thai restaurant, which actually surprised me. We ordered the steak and a half roasted chicken (see, not really Thai!) and it was okay. Not special and too expensive for what it was. Also, the spring rolls were fried - I'm used to them being fresh so that was disappointing. The drinks were AMAZING! The waitress is also the bartender and creates the drinks with a nitrogen tank to cool the glasses. I'd say go here for new and interesting $12 drinks and order a few appetizers, before going out.
- Great Thai food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2013When to Glow Thai for a pre concert dinner before Paul McCartney at Barklay center so I was geared up for a good time no matter what. But I would return again nevertheless. The standard curry was delicious and rich. The apps we had were exquisite. The drinks ample and we caught happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place for dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2013Excellent place for dinner. Great food, great staff. Was just a bit smaller than I had expected, but otherwise everything was fantastic
- I would never eat here againOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013I would never eat here again or recommend it to anyone.
- The Pad Thai was delicious,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/12/2013The Pad Thai was delicious, more so than the Pad Thai I tried at another Thai restaurant. The appetizers (curry puffs and mixed dumplings) were delish too. Definitely will be coming here again. It's a tiny restaurant (prolly seats no more than 20-25) but the ambiance is great and the waitresses were attentive and helpful with the menu.Special Features:
- Intimate spot with great food.DonInDCDined on 12/8/2012Intimate spot with great food. Parking can be a challenge, but the exper0ience is worth it.Special Features:
- Delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/22/2012Great decor and ambiance. Live musician singing and playing acoustic guitar was a real treat too! Food was spectacular! And service was great too, very polite and attentive. Not to mention that it was inexpensive! What more could you ask for? Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- I went to Glow Thai with 3OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/11/2012I went to Glow Thai with 3 other people. The restaurant is small, but was basically empty. It has a nice atmosphere, but it was very hot in the restaurant. I ordered the Green Curry extra spicy and I loved it. The two guys I went with did not particularly enjoy their meals (skirt steak and a half chicken dish). My other friend got a Pad Thai dish, and she was happy. I do not know if the guys opinions are fair/valid, as they have never had Thai food before, and it is possible that the just do not enjoy that specific cuisine, but I thought it only fair to give all opinions. Overall however, I was pleased. The prices were fair, and the food was good