Glow Fresh Grill & Wine Bar
7 Marie Labatte Road
North York, ON M3C 0J1Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
Glow Fresh Grill & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.glowfreshgrill.com/
- Phone: 4163841133
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday 10:30am - 2:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International
- Executive Chef: Barry Serrao
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The art of living well, delivered to you! Rose Reisman Catering is an expert in the field of full service special event planning.
- Cross Street: Don Mills & Lawrence
- Public Transit: We can be easily reached by public transit via the following bus routes: 25 Don Mills,54 Lawrence East,162 Lawrence; Visit ttc.ca for route maps and schedules.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Various lots are situated throughout the mall.
A word from Glow Fresh Grill & Wine Bar
Glow Fresh Grill & Wine Bar is a casually elegant new concept restaurant. The menu is inspired by Canada's leading healthy living expert Rose Reisman. It features fresh, seasonal and innovative meals, prepared to enhance the natural richness of the ingredients. Serving food with fewer calories, less fat and less preservatives, Glow embraces the "Less is more" essence of Rose Reisman's 'Eating Well' philosophy. Glow also features a fine wine selection, stunning design punctuated by world-class art and an understated professional service team. You'll have more than a meal, you'll have an experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Glow Fresh Grill & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Uptown ›
Glow Fresh Grill & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (128)neighborhood gem (70)good for groups (67)great for brunch (64)great for lunch (64)special occasion (60)fit for foodies (52)kid-friendly (35)hot spot (23)scenic view (23)romantic (20)notable wine list (15)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (8)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Great restaurant in mid-town with wonderful patio atmosphere! Enjoyed it on Friday of long weekend and it was sooo relaxing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We enjoyed the food and the vibe (energetic). The Early Dine is unbelieveable -- great food for an amazing price. We had the steak and the pasta dish. Both were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need better serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014We've been to Glow a few times and almost every time the service was lacking. We weren't given a clear explanation of the choices we have about the sides for the main course. There wasn't any wine list, so we had to ask for it. My wife was served a different order, which was corrected. The bill was incomplete so we had to wait for a second bill. So a good waiting service could have made the experience better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a bad choiceCeciDined on 8/24/2014I don't think I will never go back to Glow again for Sunday brunch. It was such a horrible choice and waste of money... Very disappointed at their food quality and variety. I will tell all my friends not to go there ever for the Sunday brunch buffet.
- Amazing!!j123mDined on 8/21/2014I recently went to Glow with my two friends and absolutely loved it, the food was excellent and the staff and service were very hospitable. This is definitely a place I will be returning to and recommending!!Special Features:
- Love the early bird special.StarDined on 8/21/2014Thanks for the attention to nutrition. It is so nice to go to a Resturant and get a healthy meal. I also love the community feel with the court yard. It feels like the old city in European towns.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very slow service!GLdinerDined on 8/19/2014Although the food was very good, our group was quite disappointed with the service. We had to prompt the server for everything (early dine menus, taking orders, bringing bills, etc.) One person had to cancel her wine order because it took well over 10 mins and she knew it wouldn't be safe to drive if she waited much longer. When she asked for sparkling water instead, it took another 10 mins and she had to ask where it was. When she later asked for her bill to leave early, it ended up taking another 10 mins and the wine had not been cancelled on the receipt, requiring a new bill! Unfortunately, I've experienced similar service at Glow at a brunch; the servers are either inexperienced, forgetful, or can't multitask it seems...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunchComfortfoodplusDined on 8/17/2014Enjoyable brunch. Great to have option of egg-white omelette at the omelette station (at no extra charge). Good selection of hot and cold items. Needs more variety on the dessert section (only mini-cupcakes - which were so-so, fruit, biscotti, and over-sweet blueberry crumble (which we had to wait for and asked several times about). Needs some actual desserts along the lines of cheesecakes/real cakes or better mini-cupcakes. Server was very good - pleasant and continually re-filling the coffee (which s/b included in the brunch price but wasn't).Special Features:
- great food!hungryDined on 8/15/2014Food was definitely worth the visit, the veal chop and Brussel sprouts are to die for. Service was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!ShalomaleeDined on 8/15/2014First time at Glow. Took my sister for a birthday lunch and was pleasantly surprised after reading all the negative reviews. The service was excellent. The portions were extremely generous and tasty. We had crab cakes and Caesar salad to share. As well, we had the bunless burgers and chicken tacos. I couldn't finish all that food and had my tacos leftovers packed to go. The patio was very comfortable and not too crowded at lunchtime. The restaurant inside was noisier. All in all was very good and we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Meal & ServiceMangeonsDined on 8/14/2014The restaurant was too noisy. When we asked to change from a booth next to noisy customers, our waiter discouraged us, saying the open tables were next to the kitchen where it wouldn't be any better. We finally asked a busboy to help us move to another table. It was much better but still too noisy. I ordered the Santa Fe salad. It was merely okay and I wouldn't order it again. One of my companions ordered the calamari and it was very good. The other companion's order was merely okay. The best service we received was from the busboy. The waiter was generally absent from the area and we had to ask the busboy for coffee. We had to get up and go to the front to have the receptionist find the waiter to get the check. Disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's ok...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014The service was great at first, but then declined as soon as we ordered. They forgot my soup and the main dishes came out. The waiter did not come back to check on us, but thankfully the manager (or so we think, as he never introduced himself to us). Food was ok, overpriced (asian cod = miso glazed cod for $27, that's more expensive than a sushi restaurant!). However the worst, (unfortunately) was the waiter has bad breath... Not acceptable if you are working in such close proximity to customers and their food.Special Features:
- LunchsmittyleeDined on 8/12/2014We had a great lunch at Glow the other day. The waiter was very nice and patient and made our dining experience that much better. I had ordered a salad with shrimp and they brought it with chicken by mistake, which I'm allergic to, so he took it back immediately and returned as quickly as possible with the proper salad. I had the Glow salad and it was excellent. Glow was a super restaurant to celebrate our birthdays at. Thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Dine - Ok for $15JoPublicDined on 8/11/2014The early dine option (4:30-6:00pm) is a nice simple 3 courses (soup or small salad, main, mini dessert), and it is lovely for $15, but not as good as their a la carte regular menu, so don't compare or confuse the two. The "potato soup with crab" was in fact sweet potato with lobster, but the lobster was quite hilariously a teeny tiny piece the size of a grain of rice (honestly, we looked for it!) Wine is outrageously expensive (~$15+ by the glass), to the point that the 1/2 price wine on Mondays only just makes the wine a reasonable regular price. Our a la carte evenings are much better food, but pricey wine.Special Features:
- Great patioLuv2eatDined on 8/10/2014The patio space was great. Even if your were seated indoors, the doors open up completely to allow an indoor/outdoor feel. The food was just okay and I would have preferred to have the lunch menu option earlier than 3 pm, as I wasn't impressed with the brunch menu. The service definitely needs some improvement. We had to remind our waiter three times for items we requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch Buffetultra77Dined on 8/10/2014We were there at 12:15pm, not that busy. Food selection was not much. The Food station is very narrow. By the time of around 1:00, there was line up for food and almost no room to move.Special Features:
- Great service, disappointing brunchJadidinerDined on 8/10/2014We had a lovely time because the patio was beautiful, the weather was great and service was impeccable! However, the buffet was limited and what was there was cold (things like eggs, French toast and bacon or sausages) and the fruit was gone every time we went to get some. On the plus side, the omelette station was a hit. Not as well laid out for access and felt crowded even though the restaurant wasn't at capacity. Would have to really think about it before I went back.Special Features:
- Very NoisylesdouDined on 8/9/2014We are regular clients at Glow, and always enjoy our experience with good food that we choose. The service is good with the servers we have had. The biggest complaint is the noise We will book again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I have come to expectKatp76Dined on 8/8/2014I have been to Glow several times and would normally give it 4 stars, but I couldn't do it this time. We waited 20 minutes to get waited on. It wasn't until I went to speak to one of the hostesses that we finally had someone come to our table. Aftet that, we did not get our drink orders for another 15 minutes. We were a group of 5 and we literally got 5 little pieces of bread while we waited for our appetizers which again took very long to receive. Considering the price tag for the food they serve this is not what I have come to expect from Glow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014The experience was a whole was disappointing. While the salads we had were excellent, the main courses were not. The veal special was inedible. The replacement dish (a turkey burger) was dry. Our water glasses were never refilled the entire evening and we were not offered an refill of coffee. The service was slow and inattentive, which was surprising since the restaurant was not overly crowdedSpecial Features:
- glow visitgrizglowDined on 8/5/2014I recently had dinner at Glow and enjoyed the food, the ambiance, and watching yoga across from the restaurant. Will return for sure. Love the $15.00 early dinner option. Really nice place. It feels like you are downtown without the hassles of driving there and trying to find parking. A realm gem of a place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at the GlowJaniceDined on 8/3/2014I usually have a very good food experience at the Glow, but not today for Brunch. This was the first time I had gone for brunch and it was disappointing. Fresh made omelet bar was good, but the rest of the buffet was not -- food was warm, chewy from being left too long (e.g. the french toast) and the worst tasting scrambled eggs I have had. Needed salt and pepper which I had to find myself. The first time I got coffee it was luke warm and had to ask for hot coffee, plus you get milk instead of cream (you ask for cream which you wait for). Service and ambience was great as usual. We took another couple with us as they had never been before -- they won't be going back even though we told them that the food is usually excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Disappointing. If a restaurant like Glow cannot make Veal Scallopini or indeed any one of the four dishes that our party had, then it should hang its head in shame. I decided to give it a try after a long time, and food wise nothing has changed. Service has fallen and is now in the JK category. Rose Reisman's brand is not a brand anymore. Positively appalling!
- Early Bird Dinnerearlybirddiner29Dined on 7/29/2014We were a group of ladies (tennis group) who came to the Early Bird Dinner on Thursday early evening. We found the food very good and it was great value! We will be back, and I will tell other friends about it. We really enjoyed the early dinner. Keep it going!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and early dine greatvelvetDined on 7/27/2014Fabulous location, food and ambience. The early dine menu is a fantastic idea, menu and price. Service does need improvement but everyone is quite friendly and looks happy to work there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great patioJNickDined on 7/25/2014Service was a little slow after the food came but the food was great! We sat on the patio which is a great space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Food was great. It took a long time for the food to come out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- $15 Glow Early DinnerdivinediningDined on 7/21/2014My friends and I really enjoyed our dinner. The portions were generous and delicious. $15 early dinner is a great idea to draw people in to try Glow's fabulous menu. I introduced my two friends to Glow. Our server was very attentive to us until it got busy and then we were on our own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceJohnnyBDined on 7/19/2014The food was alright, the wait was long, but the service was second to none. They gave us free desserts as a thank-you for patience...our order took about an hour to arrive - it was very busy and because of the weather the patio was closed. Even though we had reservations we still had to wait for a table and then they gave us this giant group table for just the two of us. It was cool that they sat us in it, but it sucked for them. My veil was less than desireably done but given how long it took to arrive I didnt want to send it back - I'd never see it again. Although the food was whatever, the service was AMAZING! We had a great server and the manager apologized to us in person several times.Special Features:
- Kitchen does not listenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Despite the simple Request for health reasons to not have nuts or the maple dressing, it took the kitchen four times to get it correct to the frustration of our waiter
- A glowing experienceTO786Dined on 7/18/2014Excellent evening outdoor dining experience on Friday night. The food and live music was spot on. Great memories celebrating birthdays with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BelleDined on 7/18/2014I attended friday night for a girls night out with my sister and girlfriends. We originally were placed inside as there was no room on the patio however once there was a table, we were moved promptly. We all ordered cocktails and they were delicious. I had the shrimp linguine and it was tasty. The mini desserts were a bit too sweet. There was a band playing in the evening. Unfortunately, we were sitting right in front of them so conversation was a bit difficult at times. Next time, we will ask to be farther from the band. Overall, a great evening with good friends!Special Features:
- Delighted once againzeedeeDined on 7/13/2014Glow is now becoming my 'go-to' brunch spot. Situated in the lovely Shops at Don Mills courtyard, it is the ideal location for brunch or dinner/drinks. The brunch menu once again met with rave reviews from my dining party. The staff were friendly, welcoming and accommodating of our requests. Well done Glow team!Special Features:
- Lovely diningBannockersDined on 7/12/2014The restaurant is really beautiful. Loved the ambiance. The service was a bit slow but maybe the waitress was giving us extra time to make up our mind as we were a group of 5. The food was good although the steak wasnt cooked right in the beginning but they changed it immediately and satisfied our taste buds! Overall a wonderful restaurant and a great night out!Special Features:
- NOT IMPRESSEDrubberDined on 7/12/2014The service was great, the food was poor quality. We ordered the flat bread and it wasn't crisp but soggy. We also ordered the Calamari and it was like rubber, we gave it back and got another one and it was like rubber.Special Features:
- Very nice restaurantmike4youDined on 7/7/2014We had customers from out of town and they really enjoyed the evening at the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Patio!YourAvgYoungProDined on 7/6/2014When the weather is nice, take advantage of the great patio! The menu has some really great options that are all really delicious, yet healthy!Special Features:
- MrsVKDined on 7/6/2014Dirty tables, lousy staff, depleted buffet, meger a la carte choices, long long wait times. Generally very disorganized. Did not enjoy and will not be back.
- Sunday brunchwordladyDined on 7/6/2014Three of us came for a special-occasion brunch on Sunday at 12:30 PM. The noise level in the restaurant at that time was almost unbearable, especially for one of us. We all had to shout to each other in order to be heard. After a while, the families with children had mostly gone and the noise level went down, so we were more comfortable then, but we still had to shout. Classical music concert venues have acoustics specially geared for the hall -- why can't restaurants? The food was OK, but some of the salad platters did not look good -- they had been picked over, and needed refreshing. I enjoyed the omelette and the poached salmon especially.Special Features:
- buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014I ahve to the restaurant many times for lunch and enjoyed the experience. I did not like the buffet at all. Line was very slow moving and the dishes were not replaced quickly. I went up twice and there was no salmon left. I found the fruit was skimpy when i went. My husband had a much better selection. The salads were always low. Would not return.Special Features: