Glow Fresh Grill & Wine Bar
7 Marie Labatte Road
North York, ON M3C 0J1Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
Glow Fresh Grill & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.glowfreshgrill.com/
- Phone: 4163841133
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday 10:30am - 2:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International
- Executive Chef: Barry Serrao
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The art of living well, delivered to you! Rose Reisman Catering is an expert in the field of full service special event planning.
- Cross Street: Don Mills & Lawrence
- Public Transit: We can be easily reached by public transit via the following bus routes: 25 Don Mills,54 Lawrence East,162 Lawrence; Visit ttc.ca for route maps and schedules.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Various lots are situated throughout the mall.
A word from Glow Fresh Grill & Wine Bar
Glow Fresh Grill & Wine Bar is a casually elegant new concept restaurant. The menu is inspired by Canada's leading healthy living expert Rose Reisman. It features fresh, seasonal and innovative meals, prepared to enhance the natural richness of the ingredients. Serving food with fewer calories, less fat and less preservatives, Glow embraces the "Less is more" essence of Rose Reisman's 'Eating Well' philosophy. Glow also features a fine wine selection, stunning design punctuated by world-class art and an understated professional service team. You'll have more than a meal, you'll have an experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Glow Fresh Grill & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Uptown ›
Glow Fresh Grill & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
210 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (131)neighborhood gem (74)good for groups (67)great for lunch (66)great for brunch (61)fit for foodies (58)special occasion (58)kid-friendly (29)scenic view (26)hot spot (23)romantic (22)notable wine list (18)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (8)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Some of us had the Early Dine menu and it was terrific. Great food at a great price.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerCV01Dined on 9/14/2014The early bird dinner is extremely good value. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost but not quite perfect.Diner101Dined on 9/14/2014Overall good service. But the waiter could have been more attentive. Eg. Bread was late. No milk was served with tea at first. We arrived at 5.45pm. We wanted to take advantage of the 6.00pm pre dine special. I would have been less anxious if he grabbed the order at 5.50pm rather than 5.55pm after he served 2 drinks or so for another table. The chicken pasta dish did not have a lot of flavour and had to much pasta vs. Chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed4letdownDined on 9/10/2014Ordered the Caesar Flatbread. Had actually would have prepared the Medeterranian flatbread shown on the website, but it was not on offer. Very little chicken in the Caesar. Coffee was cold - we had to send it back.Special Features:
- Wine Listluv2dineoutDined on 9/8/2014Wine we had was excellent. We were there on Monday night so wine was half price which made it much more economical. I would recommend a few more wines in the moderate price range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyhealthDined on 9/4/2014Food was fresh and tasty. The gluten free flat bread was fabulous - didn't miss the gluten. Love the focus on healthy options. Service was prompt. Ambience was inviting. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- An embarrassing disappointmentRosieDined on 8/31/2014I took out-of-town family to Glow. Our drink order wasn't accurate but we couldn't see our server to tell him. The bathroom was filthy. Two of the stalls were out-of-order, water was all over the counter and covered the paper towel and toilet paper strewn floor. We reminded the server about one of the drinks that hadn't been delivered. He said he would bring it. He didn't. We waited ages for our meals and ate quickly so that we could get out of there as fast as possible. I have never experienced anything like this at Glow before. I was very disappointed and will never go to Glow again.
- Still my go-to brunch spotzeedeeDined on 8/31/2014Glow is one of my favourite brunch spots. I took a friend to Glow for brunch over the Labour Day weekend. I think that due to the long weekend it was incredibly busy and as a result, the service was not at the level that I have come to expect. It took us a while to get our beverages and we found ourselves trying to get our server's attention over the course of the meal for refills and to order other drinks. having said that, the food was great as usual and I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Don't go for the brunchJirsan1991Dined on 8/31/2014We have been to Glow a few times and have always had great experiences with this exception. The brunch was OK but not great. The salmon had been over cooked or left out so was not moist. A number of people in the group were looking forward to the oatmeal, which was like water. My mother in law ordered the eggs Florentine, (not from the buffet) medium and we waited and waited and when they came, they were hard boiled. I would not go back for the Sunday brunch again. They opened at 10:30 on the site but we called and they said that you can come at 10, but when we got there, none of the hot food for the brunch were put out yet, so we waited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnchantedBoismenuDined on 8/30/2014The food was awesome! The service very professional, it was a pleasure. We enjoyed our tremendously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EtingoutalotDined on 8/29/2014Great restaurant in mid-town with wonderful patio atmosphere! Enjoyed it on Friday of long weekend and it was sooo relaxing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Group of three. Server brought us 3 glasses of water & a few minutes later another server gave us another 4 glasses of water. Did not even ask if we wanted more water. Just dropped 4 more glasses like he didn't even see the three already there. Server offered us desserts after our appetizers. She started introducing the desserts without even asking if we were going to do a main course. We had to tell her that we would like to have a meal before desserts. Food was not that great. Steak not well done like I wanted. My friend packed her leftover and the container had saran wrap on it instead of a lid and it went into the garbage as soon as we exited the restaurant. Never going back and won't recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Great location, food and serviceSamiDined on 8/25/2014We enjoyed the food and the vibe (energetic). The Early Dine is unbelieveable -- great food for an amazing price. We had the steak and the pasta dish. Both were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need better serviceCustomerDined on 8/24/2014We've been to Glow a few times and almost every time the service was lacking. We weren't given a clear explanation of the choices we have about the sides for the main course. There wasn't any wine list, so we had to ask for it. My wife was served a different order, which was corrected. The bill was incomplete so we had to wait for a second bill. So a good waiting service could have made the experience better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a bad choiceCeciDined on 8/24/2014I don't think I will never go back to Glow again for Sunday brunch. It was such a horrible choice and waste of money... Very disappointed at their food quality and variety. I will tell all my friends not to go there ever for the Sunday brunch buffet.
- Amazing!!j123mDined on 8/21/2014I recently went to Glow with my two friends and absolutely loved it, the food was excellent and the staff and service were very hospitable. This is definitely a place I will be returning to and recommending!!Special Features:
- Love the early bird special.StarDined on 8/21/2014Thanks for the attention to nutrition. It is so nice to go to a Resturant and get a healthy meal. I also love the community feel with the court yard. It feels like the old city in European towns.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very slow service!GLdinerDined on 8/19/2014Although the food was very good, our group was quite disappointed with the service. We had to prompt the server for everything (early dine menus, taking orders, bringing bills, etc.) One person had to cancel her wine order because it took well over 10 mins and she knew it wouldn't be safe to drive if she waited much longer. When she asked for sparkling water instead, it took another 10 mins and she had to ask where it was. When she later asked for her bill to leave early, it ended up taking another 10 mins and the wine had not been cancelled on the receipt, requiring a new bill! Unfortunately, I've experienced similar service at Glow at a brunch; the servers are either inexperienced, forgetful, or can't multitask it seems...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunchComfortfoodplusDined on 8/17/2014Enjoyable brunch. Great to have option of egg-white omelette at the omelette station (at no extra charge). Good selection of hot and cold items. Needs more variety on the dessert section (only mini-cupcakes - which were so-so, fruit, biscotti, and over-sweet blueberry crumble (which we had to wait for and asked several times about). Needs some actual desserts along the lines of cheesecakes/real cakes or better mini-cupcakes. Server was very good - pleasant and continually re-filling the coffee (which s/b included in the brunch price but wasn't).Special Features:
- great food!hungryDined on 8/15/2014Food was definitely worth the visit, the veal chop and Brussel sprouts are to die for. Service was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!ShalomaleeDined on 8/15/2014First time at Glow. Took my sister for a birthday lunch and was pleasantly surprised after reading all the negative reviews. The service was excellent. The portions were extremely generous and tasty. We had crab cakes and Caesar salad to share. As well, we had the bunless burgers and chicken tacos. I couldn't finish all that food and had my tacos leftovers packed to go. The patio was very comfortable and not too crowded at lunchtime. The restaurant inside was noisier. All in all was very good and we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Meal & ServiceMangeonsDined on 8/14/2014The restaurant was too noisy. When we asked to change from a booth next to noisy customers, our waiter discouraged us, saying the open tables were next to the kitchen where it wouldn't be any better. We finally asked a busboy to help us move to another table. It was much better but still too noisy. I ordered the Santa Fe salad. It was merely okay and I wouldn't order it again. One of my companions ordered the calamari and it was very good. The other companion's order was merely okay. The best service we received was from the busboy. The waiter was generally absent from the area and we had to ask the busboy for coffee. We had to get up and go to the front to have the receptionist find the waiter to get the check. Disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's ok...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014The service was great at first, but then declined as soon as we ordered. They forgot my soup and the main dishes came out. The waiter did not come back to check on us, but thankfully the manager (or so we think, as he never introduced himself to us). Food was ok, overpriced (asian cod = miso glazed cod for $27, that's more expensive than a sushi restaurant!). However the worst, (unfortunately) was the waiter has bad breath... Not acceptable if you are working in such close proximity to customers and their food.Special Features:
- LunchsmittyleeDined on 8/12/2014We had a great lunch at Glow the other day. The waiter was very nice and patient and made our dining experience that much better. I had ordered a salad with shrimp and they brought it with chicken by mistake, which I'm allergic to, so he took it back immediately and returned as quickly as possible with the proper salad. I had the Glow salad and it was excellent. Glow was a super restaurant to celebrate our birthdays at. Thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Dine - Ok for $15JoPublicDined on 8/11/2014The early dine option (4:30-6:00pm) is a nice simple 3 courses (soup or small salad, main, mini dessert), and it is lovely for $15, but not as good as their a la carte regular menu, so don't compare or confuse the two. The "potato soup with crab" was in fact sweet potato with lobster, but the lobster was quite hilariously a teeny tiny piece the size of a grain of rice (honestly, we looked for it!) Wine is outrageously expensive (~$15+ by the glass), to the point that the 1/2 price wine on Mondays only just makes the wine a reasonable regular price. Our a la carte evenings are much better food, but pricey wine.Special Features:
- Great patioLuv2eatDined on 8/10/2014The patio space was great. Even if your were seated indoors, the doors open up completely to allow an indoor/outdoor feel. The food was just okay and I would have preferred to have the lunch menu option earlier than 3 pm, as I wasn't impressed with the brunch menu. The service definitely needs some improvement. We had to remind our waiter three times for items we requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch Buffetultra77Dined on 8/10/2014We were there at 12:15pm, not that busy. Food selection was not much. The Food station is very narrow. By the time of around 1:00, there was line up for food and almost no room to move.Special Features:
- Great service, disappointing brunchJadidinerDined on 8/10/2014We had a lovely time because the patio was beautiful, the weather was great and service was impeccable! However, the buffet was limited and what was there was cold (things like eggs, French toast and bacon or sausages) and the fruit was gone every time we went to get some. On the plus side, the omelette station was a hit. Not as well laid out for access and felt crowded even though the restaurant wasn't at capacity. Would have to really think about it before I went back.Special Features:
- Very NoisylesdouDined on 8/9/2014We are regular clients at Glow, and always enjoy our experience with good food that we choose. The service is good with the servers we have had. The biggest complaint is the noise We will book again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I have come to expectKatp76Dined on 8/8/2014I have been to Glow several times and would normally give it 4 stars, but I couldn't do it this time. We waited 20 minutes to get waited on. It wasn't until I went to speak to one of the hostesses that we finally had someone come to our table. Aftet that, we did not get our drink orders for another 15 minutes. We were a group of 5 and we literally got 5 little pieces of bread while we waited for our appetizers which again took very long to receive. Considering the price tag for the food they serve this is not what I have come to expect from Glow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014The experience was a whole was disappointing. While the salads we had were excellent, the main courses were not. The veal special was inedible. The replacement dish (a turkey burger) was dry. Our water glasses were never refilled the entire evening and we were not offered an refill of coffee. The service was slow and inattentive, which was surprising since the restaurant was not overly crowdedSpecial Features:
- glow visitgrizglowDined on 8/5/2014I recently had dinner at Glow and enjoyed the food, the ambiance, and watching yoga across from the restaurant. Will return for sure. Love the $15.00 early dinner option. Really nice place. It feels like you are downtown without the hassles of driving there and trying to find parking. A realm gem of a place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at the GlowJaniceDined on 8/3/2014I usually have a very good food experience at the Glow, but not today for Brunch. This was the first time I had gone for brunch and it was disappointing. Fresh made omelet bar was good, but the rest of the buffet was not -- food was warm, chewy from being left too long (e.g. the french toast) and the worst tasting scrambled eggs I have had. Needed salt and pepper which I had to find myself. The first time I got coffee it was luke warm and had to ask for hot coffee, plus you get milk instead of cream (you ask for cream which you wait for). Service and ambience was great as usual. We took another couple with us as they had never been before -- they won't be going back even though we told them that the food is usually excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Disappointing. If a restaurant like Glow cannot make Veal Scallopini or indeed any one of the four dishes that our party had, then it should hang its head in shame. I decided to give it a try after a long time, and food wise nothing has changed. Service has fallen and is now in the JK category. Rose Reisman's brand is not a brand anymore. Positively appalling!
- Early Bird Dinnerearlybirddiner29Dined on 7/29/2014We were a group of ladies (tennis group) who came to the Early Bird Dinner on Thursday early evening. We found the food very good and it was great value! We will be back, and I will tell other friends about it. We really enjoyed the early dinner. Keep it going!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and early dine greatvelvetDined on 7/27/2014Fabulous location, food and ambience. The early dine menu is a fantastic idea, menu and price. Service does need improvement but everyone is quite friendly and looks happy to work there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great patioJNickDined on 7/25/2014Service was a little slow after the food came but the food was great! We sat on the patio which is a great space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Food was great. It took a long time for the food to come out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- $15 Glow Early DinnerdivinediningDined on 7/21/2014My friends and I really enjoyed our dinner. The portions were generous and delicious. $15 early dinner is a great idea to draw people in to try Glow's fabulous menu. I introduced my two friends to Glow. Our server was very attentive to us until it got busy and then we were on our own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceJohnnyBDined on 7/19/2014The food was alright, the wait was long, but the service was second to none. They gave us free desserts as a thank-you for patience...our order took about an hour to arrive - it was very busy and because of the weather the patio was closed. Even though we had reservations we still had to wait for a table and then they gave us this giant group table for just the two of us. It was cool that they sat us in it, but it sucked for them. My veil was less than desireably done but given how long it took to arrive I didnt want to send it back - I'd never see it again. Although the food was whatever, the service was AMAZING! We had a great server and the manager apologized to us in person several times.Special Features: