Glow Fresh Grill & Wine Bar
7 Marie Labatte Road
North York, ON M3C 0J1Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
Glow Fresh Grill & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.glowfreshgrill.com/
- Phone: 4163841133
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday 10:30am - 2:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International
- Executive Chef: Barry Serrao
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The art of living well, delivered to you! Rose Reisman Catering is an expert in the field of full service special event planning.
- Cross Street: Don Mills & Lawrence
- Public Transit: We can be easily reached by public transit via the following bus routes: 25 Don Mills,54 Lawrence East,162 Lawrence; Visit ttc.ca for route maps and schedules.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Various lots are situated throughout the mall.
A word from Glow Fresh Grill & Wine Bar
Glow Fresh Grill & Wine Bar is a casually elegant new concept restaurant. The menu is inspired by Canada's leading healthy living expert Rose Reisman. It features fresh, seasonal and innovative meals, prepared to enhance the natural richness of the ingredients. Serving food with fewer calories, less fat and less preservatives, Glow embraces the "Less is more" essence of Rose Reisman's 'Eating Well' philosophy. Glow also features a fine wine selection, stunning design punctuated by world-class art and an understated professional service team. You'll have more than a meal, you'll have an experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Glow Fresh Grill & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in North York ›
Glow Fresh Grill & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (90)neighborhood gem (69)good for groups (64)fit for foodies (56)great for lunch (54)great for brunch (51)special occasion (45)kid-friendly (27)hot spot (22)scenic view (19)notable wine list (19)romantic (17)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (7)Show More
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/29/2014I had a great business lunch at Glow. I reserved there without any knowledge of the place and we loved it. The menu could be a bit more extensive but the salads were delicious. We loved the complimentary valet parking, very nice features that helps a lot. Service was also very nice and friendly.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014A good choice for brunch. Good service, good selection of food and everyone can find something regardless of their preference. We will certainly come back to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Veal ChopirishmccsDined on 10/25/2014Complimentary bread and hummus plate was very good. Waiter was attentive but not overly pushy. We had a Veal Chop with herbed fingerling potatoes and roast brussel sprouts..brussels could have used 5 more minutes they were a little too firm. Nice that there was the option to pick which sides to have with the entrée. Shrimp Linguine in tomato sauce with olives was perfectly al dente. Unfortunately the cappuccino machine was broken and the regular coffee was stale. Moderately expensive $85 for 2 with 2 drinks and tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't BotherFoodophileDined on 10/24/2014As there are several other better places in the plaza. The service was non existent. Waiter never came to check on food. The salmon was over cooked and very dry. The soup was not hot. We were never offered coffee or dessert. When we finally got the bill we were informed the cc machine wasn't working and we had to pay cash. The hostess to whom we gave our money knew nothing about the cc mal function. Now this restaurant seems to get the overflow patrons from the other restaurants. It is a shame it has gone down so badly. It was quite good when it first opened.Special Features:
- Birthday lunch celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Have been here several times. Live in Scarborough but it is our destination lunch spot for celebrating birthdays with girlfriends. Service is always attentive, servers very pleasant, food nicely presented. Can be noisy if very busy but it was quiet on this occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!QuilterDined on 10/21/2014Everyone in our group enjoyed the food and the price was great. Many of us ordered from the Early Bird menu and were very pleased with our choices, especially the Beef, pork chop and flat bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NICE SPOT FOR LUNCHlunchDined on 10/21/2014ENJOYABLE MEAL. GREAT COFFEE. PASTA DISH WAS GREAT. FLATBREAD OK. sALMON DISH SUPER. OVERALL VERY GOOD LUNCH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for the great service!zeedeeDined on 10/19/2014As always, great service. Thanks to our server Emma for always making sure my coffee was hot...just the way I like it!Special Features:
- Terrible.1stclsDined on 10/19/2014We went for brunch. Five of us, and they sat us in a booth fit for four. Buffet was terrible. I would not recommend to any of my friends, nor will I ever revisit. The best thing about our experience, was our waiter. He was very professional, prompt and friendly, and took very good care of us.Special Features:
- ET13Dined on 10/12/2014Healthy, delicious food and friendly staff. Food choices are not many but the choices made available are quality and tasty.Special Features:
- mac56Dined on 10/11/2014The food was excellent, however, our table placement near high traffic washroom access could have been better as there were numerous other seatings throughout the restaurant especially considering we had made reservations. The attentiveness of the server was also below your standards. My order for a martini was wrong and i was even challenged as to how i had placed the order. Martini drinkers are usually pretty specific as to how they want their drinks made and i am not an exception. Also there was no mid meal enquiry as to how we were getting along. In summation i have been to your restaurant numerous times and found that on this particular occasion the experience was below your normally high standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceAngelDined on 10/10/2014I am not sure it was because it was do busy. But they totally forgot that we are there so we waited long time for someone to come snd ask us if we need anything.Special Features:
- Dining at GlowenjoydiningatglowDined on 9/29/2014Dining at Glow is a wonderful experience, the atmosphere is inviting, and food is great. Presentation is out of this world. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Need I say more. Once you try this restaurant you will always return You ask if I would recommend Glow. What I do is bring my friends to glow so that they will bring their friends. See I am your ambassador.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spot!zeedeeDined on 9/28/2014Good food, great staff who make you feel welcome, excellent location at Shops at Don Mills! My neighbourhood brunch go-to spot.Special Features:
- ultra disappointingnotacomplainerDined on 9/27/2014Went on a Saturday night, me and my wife, ordered 2 steaks, one medium, the other medium rare. They came medium well and medium. The young inexperienced, insincere waiter said we can have new ones out in 4 minutes, even though these took 25. 15 minutes later we asked for the bill and to see the Manager. The Manager Faras is the reason we actually left. Excuses, excuses Excuses......but no accountability or apologies. He went on to say "well it is tough to get steaks bang on????? really??? I get it perfect at home all the time. ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS SAY, IM SORRY WE WILL GET THE NEW STEAKS OUT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, HAVE A DRINK ON US WHILE YOU WAIT. Never going back, and i will ensure to steer all my friends away from GLOW
- Perfect!!UnaBuonaForchettaDined on 9/26/2014The menu offers a broad variety of interesting and tantalizing choices, making it pleasantly challenging to order just one main. Our servers were extremely friendly but not overbearing and seemed to appear exactly when we needed them. They were very knowledgeable on all of the menu items and the lead server was very confidant in recommending certain wines to go with our food choices. The restaurant decor is stunning and "glows" with interesting glassworks. An overall excellent and superior dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My neighbourhood brunch go-tozeedeeDined on 9/21/2014I have been to Glow several times for brunch and taken family and friends there too. Once again, I was not disappointed. The food was excellent. The variety of the buffet means that you can go there several times and not have the same meal twice. In addition, our server Alan made me feel very special. He remembered that I like my coffee hot so was on had to refresh my cup in order to ensure that I was happy. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Painfully suburbankookooqueenDined on 9/20/2014Rose Reisman has left the building and not returned. Despite the hip vibe and foodie-oriented menu, Glow merely delivers mall food. The server could not have seemed less interested, and we felt rushed from the moment we were seated. He did not offer specials list until asked and had no clue what the microbrews were like, other than to say, "that one is organic." The food ingredients are good, and pricey. But indifferent cooking means they don't shine. Mains don't "go" with the vegetables, and accents - like pickled ginger on a broiled black cod - are just dumb and off-putting. So you are paying downtown prices for food that barely rises above mediocre, and it's painful to see fine fresh ingredients ruined. We won't return.Special Features:
- QuilterDined on 9/16/2014Some of us had the Early Dine menu and it was terrific. Great food at a great price.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerCV01Dined on 9/14/2014The early bird dinner is extremely good value. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost but not quite perfect.Diner101Dined on 9/14/2014Overall good service. But the waiter could have been more attentive. Eg. Bread was late. No milk was served with tea at first. We arrived at 5.45pm. We wanted to take advantage of the 6.00pm pre dine special. I would have been less anxious if he grabbed the order at 5.50pm rather than 5.55pm after he served 2 drinks or so for another table. The chicken pasta dish did not have a lot of flavour and had to much pasta vs. Chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed4letdownDined on 9/10/2014Ordered the Caesar Flatbread. Had actually would have prepared the Medeterranian flatbread shown on the website, but it was not on offer. Very little chicken in the Caesar. Coffee was cold - we had to send it back.Special Features:
- Wine Listluv2dineoutDined on 9/8/2014Wine we had was excellent. We were there on Monday night so wine was half price which made it much more economical. I would recommend a few more wines in the moderate price range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyhealthDined on 9/4/2014Food was fresh and tasty. The gluten free flat bread was fabulous - didn't miss the gluten. Love the focus on healthy options. Service was prompt. Ambience was inviting. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- An embarrassing disappointmentRosieDined on 8/31/2014I took out-of-town family to Glow. Our drink order wasn't accurate but we couldn't see our server to tell him. The bathroom was filthy. Two of the stalls were out-of-order, water was all over the counter and covered the paper towel and toilet paper strewn floor. We reminded the server about one of the drinks that hadn't been delivered. He said he would bring it. He didn't. We waited ages for our meals and ate quickly so that we could get out of there as fast as possible. I have never experienced anything like this at Glow before. I was very disappointed and will never go to Glow again.
- Still my go-to brunch spotzeedeeDined on 8/31/2014Glow is one of my favourite brunch spots. I took a friend to Glow for brunch over the Labour Day weekend. I think that due to the long weekend it was incredibly busy and as a result, the service was not at the level that I have come to expect. It took us a while to get our beverages and we found ourselves trying to get our server's attention over the course of the meal for refills and to order other drinks. having said that, the food was great as usual and I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Don't go for the brunchJirsan1991Dined on 8/31/2014We have been to Glow a few times and have always had great experiences with this exception. The brunch was OK but not great. The salmon had been over cooked or left out so was not moist. A number of people in the group were looking forward to the oatmeal, which was like water. My mother in law ordered the eggs Florentine, (not from the buffet) medium and we waited and waited and when they came, they were hard boiled. I would not go back for the Sunday brunch again. They opened at 10:30 on the site but we called and they said that you can come at 10, but when we got there, none of the hot food for the brunch were put out yet, so we waited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnchantedBoismenuDined on 8/30/2014The food was awesome! The service very professional, it was a pleasure. We enjoyed our tremendously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EtingoutalotDined on 8/29/2014Great restaurant in mid-town with wonderful patio atmosphere! Enjoyed it on Friday of long weekend and it was sooo relaxing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Group of three. Server brought us 3 glasses of water & a few minutes later another server gave us another 4 glasses of water. Did not even ask if we wanted more water. Just dropped 4 more glasses like he didn't even see the three already there. Server offered us desserts after our appetizers. She started introducing the desserts without even asking if we were going to do a main course. We had to tell her that we would like to have a meal before desserts. Food was not that great. Steak not well done like I wanted. My friend packed her leftover and the container had saran wrap on it instead of a lid and it went into the garbage as soon as we exited the restaurant. Never going back and won't recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Great location, food and serviceSamiDined on 8/25/2014We enjoyed the food and the vibe (energetic). The Early Dine is unbelieveable -- great food for an amazing price. We had the steak and the pasta dish. Both were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need better serviceCustomerDined on 8/24/2014We've been to Glow a few times and almost every time the service was lacking. We weren't given a clear explanation of the choices we have about the sides for the main course. There wasn't any wine list, so we had to ask for it. My wife was served a different order, which was corrected. The bill was incomplete so we had to wait for a second bill. So a good waiting service could have made the experience better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a bad choiceCeciDined on 8/24/2014I don't think I will never go back to Glow again for Sunday brunch. It was such a horrible choice and waste of money... Very disappointed at their food quality and variety. I will tell all my friends not to go there ever for the Sunday brunch buffet.
- Amazing!!j123mDined on 8/21/2014I recently went to Glow with my two friends and absolutely loved it, the food was excellent and the staff and service were very hospitable. This is definitely a place I will be returning to and recommending!!Special Features:
- Love the early bird special.StarDined on 8/21/2014Thanks for the attention to nutrition. It is so nice to go to a Resturant and get a healthy meal. I also love the community feel with the court yard. It feels like the old city in European towns.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very slow service!GLdinerDined on 8/19/2014Although the food was very good, our group was quite disappointed with the service. We had to prompt the server for everything (early dine menus, taking orders, bringing bills, etc.) One person had to cancel her wine order because it took well over 10 mins and she knew it wouldn't be safe to drive if she waited much longer. When she asked for sparkling water instead, it took another 10 mins and she had to ask where it was. When she later asked for her bill to leave early, it ended up taking another 10 mins and the wine had not been cancelled on the receipt, requiring a new bill! Unfortunately, I've experienced similar service at Glow at a brunch; the servers are either inexperienced, forgetful, or can't multitask it seems...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunchComfortfoodplusDined on 8/17/2014Enjoyable brunch. Great to have option of egg-white omelette at the omelette station (at no extra charge). Good selection of hot and cold items. Needs more variety on the dessert section (only mini-cupcakes - which were so-so, fruit, biscotti, and over-sweet blueberry crumble (which we had to wait for and asked several times about). Needs some actual desserts along the lines of cheesecakes/real cakes or better mini-cupcakes. Server was very good - pleasant and continually re-filling the coffee (which s/b included in the brunch price but wasn't).Special Features:
- great food!hungryDined on 8/15/2014Food was definitely worth the visit, the veal chop and Brussel sprouts are to die for. Service was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!ShalomaleeDined on 8/15/2014First time at Glow. Took my sister for a birthday lunch and was pleasantly surprised after reading all the negative reviews. The service was excellent. The portions were extremely generous and tasty. We had crab cakes and Caesar salad to share. As well, we had the bunless burgers and chicken tacos. I couldn't finish all that food and had my tacos leftovers packed to go. The patio was very comfortable and not too crowded at lunchtime. The restaurant inside was noisier. All in all was very good and we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Meal & ServiceMangeonsDined on 8/14/2014The restaurant was too noisy. When we asked to change from a booth next to noisy customers, our waiter discouraged us, saying the open tables were next to the kitchen where it wouldn't be any better. We finally asked a busboy to help us move to another table. It was much better but still too noisy. I ordered the Santa Fe salad. It was merely okay and I wouldn't order it again. One of my companions ordered the calamari and it was very good. The other companion's order was merely okay. The best service we received was from the busboy. The waiter was generally absent from the area and we had to ask the busboy for coffee. We had to get up and go to the front to have the receptionist find the waiter to get the check. Disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.