3455 Saint-Laurent boul.
Montreal, QC H2X 1C2Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurantglobe.com/
- Phone: 5142843823x
- Hours of Operation:
Closed Sundays & Mondays
Kitchen hours:Tuesday to Thursday 6pm to 11pm
Friday and Saturday 6pm to midnight
A late night Petit Plat served with bottle service till 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Jean François Baril
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant Globe can impress all your guests with a simple to extravagant tasting menus. An impressive raw bar which showcases Globe's private oyster selection is often an eye catcher during cocktail hour. A resourceful team is available to create & assist offering different settings for different needs. For large groups and private events, Restaurant Globe can be booked from Sunday to Wednesday. The dinning room can accommodate 125 people, banquet style. A successful event relies on key factors, a memorable food experience, incomparable service, and flawless execution. Allow us to do what we do best on the Main. The Restaurant Globe Team
- Private Party Contact: Silvana Pesut 5142843823x
- Entertainment: In house DJ from Wednesday to Saturday.
- Special Events: Restaurant Globe has been a popular venue and it's team has had the pleasure of participating in different events in house and out such as gourmet affairs, fundraisers, wrap parties, media & corporate launches, and more. From the first steps of planning to the event date, a hands on team will assist you every step of the way. A great event is only as grand as it's memory and that is what we do best. Think Globe: creating unforgettable epicurean experiences. Dinning room capacity 125 guests.
A word from Globe Restaurant
Our motto: food first and more, given the opportunity to WOW you & all your senses. Founded in 1993 on a trendy, vibrant & historic part of Montreal. Seasonal local & international products adorn each dish. Seafood & oyster platters to be enjoyed all year round. Wood burning grill is fired up daily. GLOBE WEEKLY events: THURSDAYS 3courses@33$ and 20 oysters for 20$. Awarded by the Wine Spectator since 2007; a non-pretentious wine list offers a wide world selection of products & wine by the glass. If you prefer a quiet early dinner or an exciting late night entourage, hosting a business dinner or celebrating with friends and colleagues the dining room's attentive staff is sure to welcome you to its promise.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Globe Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)hot spot (4)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (3)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)neighborhood gem (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- obnoxiouslrhodeDined on 8/30/2014The wait and our waiters snotty attitude made for a less than enjoyable experience. However, the DJ was good and food was descent, but I wouldn't waste your time at this place. Word to the wise, should you decided to go, don't bother getting the oyster unless they have the Thursday special.
- Nice place for dinnerCaroDined on 8/1/2014I appreciated the service and the special attention from the manager Joao. Had a good dinner and will come back.Special Features:
- An ExperienceInterestingDined on 7/25/2014This resturant was recommended by a co-worker. Food was delicious, we sat outside which was nice. Inside there were a few large groups who were there to party and that ruined the ambience. Not a kid friendly resturant, my daughter ended up ordering sides. The wait staff seemed to have issues, one of the male waiters was very rude to another and kept scolding him in front of the diners, not professional at all. Nice place to go to people watch, the entertainment from the pedestrians on the street was worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 196 reviews are from the Globe Restaurant reviews archive.
- After Office HoursOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2014Fair raw seafood platter*and menu selection, elaborate wine list and most importantly class A waitresses. Affordable pricing and evidently the valet parking! *seafood platter was fresh and impressive, fairly priced, but I feel Globe can push it a little further of have more variety, such as crab.Special Features:
- Inexperienced floor staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/27/2014Inexperienced floor staff. Huge lack of capacity from the waitresses to recommend anything from the wine list, even to go with the regular menu.
- A so so restaurantBer0Dined on 2/22/2014It was my first time at Globe. I did a research on the place and I saw mixed reviews. I'll join my voice to the negative reviews I read as we were really not impressed by the quality of the food and the portion we received. We were a big group and not even one person enjoyed his meal. Steak was hard to cut, burger very tiny and dry, chicken was burned, tuna not cooked well and goat cheese appetizer was not good (no "synergy" between the ingredients) ... The restaurant seemed happy to advertise the name of his chef on the menu but it's a total FAIL! The food is really not good. As for the service, it was very good...Special Features:
- Very pleasantly surprised!DineramaDined on 2/15/2014After reading many dubious reviews of this restaurant, we were a little apprehensive. We lived in Montreal over 20 years ago so we were familiar with Globe and decided to go anyway given that there was a recent new chef at the helm. What an outstanding experience! Our party of 4 were seated at a very pleasant booth by uber attractive hostesses. The food, particularly the seafood, was wonderful. Attentive, but not intrusive service. We left before 10pm so I can't comment on how the vibe is later on into the evening. The portuguese owner brought us all a complimentary brandy at the end of the meal and joined us for one himself!! Sweet. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/1/2014The food was amazing, we tried many various appetizers and they were all good! A lot of variety! The resto wasn't fulll but the DJ was awesome, we danced and had fun, the music was very good! Great overall experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - incompetent wait staffGandTDined on 1/30/2014I've dined at Globe several times over the last few years and my experience is always the same. Food is great. Atmosphere is lively with great music and lots of people. The wait staff have clearly been selected for their looks rather than their competence. Our waitress had no clue what was on the menu. Told us all about the table d'hote, which we then ordered, and then had to re-order because she explained it incorrectly. Then once the food was served a bus boy tried to clear our plates, even though we had obviously just started eating and had barely touched anything yet - bizarre! In spite of all this, the staff was friendly and gorgeous, and the food was excellent (even if ordering it was a challenge).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nouveau menudeceptionDined on 1/24/2014le nouveau menu est tres decevant. le steak/ frite : la viande etait degueulasse. l'entrée de chevre chaud etait vraiment bizare. La carte des vin est tres bien. L'ancien chef devait etre excellent parce que tout le monde me disait de bon commentaire sur ce resto. Ambiance et service tres bien. Desolé Ben GagnonSpecial Features:
- Good time. Most of our tableAndiDined on 1/18/2014Good time. Most of our table really enjoyed what hey ordered. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've been there many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2013We've been there many times and it's always fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2013My wife is glutten intolerant and the chef was very nice in accomodating her with a special attention plate...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much serviceSirEatsOutAlotDined on 11/9/2013We were constantly bothered by the waitress and whoever passed by our table. Pouring wine, refilling the bottled water. I had the impression that either they were keen for us to finish up and leave or that they wanted us to order another bottle. Overall they were very friendly and nice, but toooo much service. My wife and i were constantly interrupted by the service. Relax it a little please :)Special Features:
- Put Your Glad Rags OnastaDined on 11/9/2013Much is made of The Globe's wait staff and their uniform attractiveness. There's little doubt that this a restaurant where people go to socialize and be seen as much as anything else. The noise levels can reach deafening proportions. But don't forget the food, because the kitchen is quite good. You'll see all the regular food trends on the menu, but you can also expect them to be well prepared and tasty. Quibbles-- Desserts are uninspired and the white wine menu is pitifully small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dealgabm7Dined on 11/7/2013We went to eat at Globe for the Montreal a table event. We were really surprise by the menu for that event. The appetizers to share were awesome! The portion were generous which is nice considering the price for the whole service (39$). Our waitress was nice and available. Would recommend to friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday occasionkittykatDined on 10/12/2013The food was delicious!! We took the seafood plate, the duck plate and the rabbit plate. The ambiance was great and the waitress was really nice to us, I recommend Marie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful atmosphere, ok food.000000Dined on 10/5/2013I went to Globe during a girls' weekend, and chose it because it had good reviews and great food, was open fairly late, and was said to have dancing later on in the night. Overall, I was happy with the choice. It was a bit of a slow weekend, so the dancing never transpired, but the DJ and the music were excellent. It had a really good mix overall, with a bit of 90s hip hop/r&b, mixed with top 40s. The food, however, didn't quite meet the expectations I'd had, based on what I'd read online. I had the fish of the day (bass) with a mango curry, baby bok chou, and oyster mushrooms; it wasn't bad, but it didn't blow me away, either. A good meal overall, but not particularly memorable when compared to other meals in the city.Special Features:
- ImpressedAndiDined on 9/27/2013Im not sure what I expected, but really just chose it cuz we wanted more of a bar scene that a restaurant, and how nice that the food ended up so good!!! We all shared a bunch of the appetizers, so I cant say much about the main courses, but every appetizer we ordered was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot to celebrate.DawoluDined on 8/31/2013I have come to the Globe twice now, once to celebrate a milestone birthday and again for night out in Montreal (from Ottawa). Both times the staff were outstanding and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food's greatPackmanMtlDined on 8/27/2013The food is great. Service is good. It's not for a date, more for a group to have fun.Special Features:
- ServicePsakDined on 7/27/2013The gals were great; very friendly, very helpful and very nice to look at :) We had a show to go to afterwards; and they were very helpful and respectful on getting us out on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapoiinted3somDined on 7/22/2013I think we had High expectation that just fell flat. Menu a bit confusing, very limited choices.Special Features:
- First and last timeExtremelyDisappointedDined on 6/29/2013Overall the service was very poor, I never got my full order, the waitress blamed it on the kitchen, she did not split the bills the right way (the birthday person should NOT pay- we has mentionned it multiple times) Should have stuck with going accross the street at buonanotte which always gives am excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- very noisy on saturday pmpaulDined on 6/29/2013very noisy on saturday pm after 8;30 crowd rather lacking in class... but food very good
- Enjoyable dinnermaggieDined on 6/10/2013The food was good quality and well prepared. We had the cold seafood plate and wine since we just arrived in Montreal and were tired. The atmosphere was peaceful and the breeze from outside was welcomed after a travel day. The waitress was beautiful and tall, but not well trained for a restaurant of this quality. All and all it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a Bachelor PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/25/2013Was there on a Saturday Night with a group of 8. Atmosphere, service and menu was perfectly suited for group dining. I originally doubted our delightful waitress' recommendation of the seafood tower followed by the butcher block of roasted veal with accompanying side dishes because it felt like an upsell but it turned out to be spot on. The wine list was a limited but the sommelier took care of us. Our server was not only gorgeous but also professional and handled your group with a sense of humor and a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- J ai adoré!!! Tout était parfait!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2013J ai adoré!!! Tout était parfait! Je vais y retourner c'est sur!Special Features:
- We loved it!!!LovemyfoodVIPDined on 4/5/2013We had a great time, from food,drinks to Music and service everything was excellent!!Special Features:
- The music is so loud , itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2013The music is so loud , it s like a Bar , not a restaurant !!!!!!!?!?!! And i love music Btw .... But too much is too much .... Even the waiter and waitress says it s ridiculous !!!!!!!And the meal just OK and not hot !!!!! We have so much good resto with ambiance in Mtl .... First and last time !!!!!!Special Features:
- waitresses and maitresse d'OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013waitresses and maitresse d' all apparently chosen for their ability to dress a certain way -- 4-inch heels, tight mini-tube skirts, etc. -- and not fall over, and definitely not for their brains, manners, or focus. And no one had trained them either, which is sad, as the food was very good and the setting fine.
- I dined and enjoyed the "3OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/7/2013I dined and enjoyed the "3 for $33" Thursday special: Choice of three appetizers for $33. The appetizer portions were very generous. I took leftovers home! Food and service exceeded expectations.
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013Excellent food and service. Manager went out of his way to make me feel special on my bday! Wonderful place for a great meal and a fun night!Special Features:
- Contexte: souper / 18h00 /SylboDined on 2/14/2013Contexte: souper / 18h00 / St-Valentin. Accueil très sympathique et excellent service. Décor vraiment agréable, mais ambiance quelque peu gâchée par une table avec plusieurs très jeunes enfants (2 à 5 ans). Plusieurs services incluant une mise-en-bouche mais portions trop petites pour le plat principal exception faite du dessert. Un accompagnement de plus dans l'assiette serait recommandé (nous avions opté pour l'agneau et le magret qui avaient l'air vraiment perdus dans l'assiette); de plus l'entrée, bien que goûteuse, était froide. Mais c'est un resto des plus agréables et le service est attentionné Aucune hésitation à réessayer.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013Excellent restaurant. Good music. Very popular among young people.Special Features:
- Went there on Saturday evening.Dine2liveDined on 2/9/2013Went there on Saturday evening. Have been there regularly, but this time it was a little bit off. Food was OK, but the menu has been the same long time. The cheesecake we've had this time was very plain and tasteless and the brownie was very dry.(From desserts I suggest only Tarte Tartin) Now the service, it was all good until the end. Our waitress told us, yes told us, how much is a proper tip! Well... sigh! What a "lesson"... That's why I'll give only 2 stars for service and for food too. You might expect something different from this hype place.Special Features:
- Went for my bday, had a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/5/2013Went for my bday, had a great mean, excellent service 5 stars for sureSpecial Features:
- Stayed all night, went forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/5/2013Stayed all night, went for a meal and met many people. Great service, bartender was really cute too, Had a great time 2 thumbs up!Special Features:
- Globe is happening, we wentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/5/2013Globe is happening, we went there as a group and had a great time! The meal was good service was excellent and the selection was very good. We each had something different and all the plates were excellent. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- i have been going to thisOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/24/2013i have been going to this restaurant for over 10 years and it keeps impressing me every time.Special Features: