124 Danforth Avenue
Toronto, ON M4K1N1Neighborhood:
Danforth / Greek Town
CanadianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.globebistro.com/
- Phone: 4164662000x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - CLOSE | Lunch: Friday 11:30am - 2:00pm | Brunch: Saturday & Sunday from 11:00am - 3:00pm | Closed Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Global, International, Canadian
- Executive Chef: Dan Sanders
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can accommodate your group!
We have two unique locations in the city that can host groups from 12 to over 200 guests. Our local menu paired with great wines and top notch service are second to none.
For more information, please email us at:
We would be happy to customize any event for you.
We have space for on-site wedding ceremonies, live bands and other special requirements
Leave the planning to us.
- Private Party Facilities: The building that is home to Globe Bistro was originally built a hundred years ago as the Playter family’s theatre. Because of the multiple levels and different configurations, we are able to offer a vast number of options to meet the needs of groups from twelve to three hundred.
Our private dining room can seat dinners up to 50 diners and cocktail receptions for 70 or 80. Our sexy rooftop patio with rich wood and Miami-style bar is just steps away and can be also be reserved for exceptional receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Adrian Amara 4164662000x
- Special Events: The building that is home to Globe Bistro was built in 1910 as a theatre. Because of the multiple levels and different configurations, we are able to offer a vast number of options to meet the needs of groups of up to 300.
Entire Restaurant Buyout
Globe’s entire restaurant includes the front lounge area, private dining room, a 3-level vaulted main dining room as & a rooftop patio. We can accommodate seated dining parties of 180 in 3 separate rooms. There are many cocktail party options to accommodate up to 300 guests.
Private Dining Room
Located on the 2nd floor, Globe’s private dining room features a full service bar and banquette seating. This space can accommodate up to 50 guests for a seated dinner with a larger capacity for cocktail functions. A boardroom-style table can be set for groups up to 30. Exclusive access to the adjacent rooftop patio is an option.
Please contact Adrian Amara
A word from Globe Bistro
We do local cuisine. Just minutes from downtown, Globe Bistro anchors the entrance to the Danforth and offers a unique farm-to-table experience with something for everyone. In the front wine bar diners may choose to have a glass of wine and a casual bite or enjoy a pre-dinner cocktail. As you move towards the main dining room, the open kitchen sets the stage for the modern Canadian menu which is founded upon the best quality fresh, seasonal, local ingredients. Into the main dining room, you will be seated in spectacular formal dining space with sixteen foot vaulted ceilings. Knowledgeable wine aficionados and the uninitiated both thrive in the selection from our wine cellar including numerous wines by the glass. Friendly, professional service will delight all of our diners. Our private dining room offers a customized experience to please any group with seating capacity of over fifty. The sexy rooftop patio offers a serene getaway in the heart of the city. Think global. Eat local.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCanadian
Globe Bistro - Best Restaurants in Danforth / Greek Town ›
Globe Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)special occasion (20)fit for foodies (19)great for outdoor dining (13)good for groups (12)romantic (12)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (7)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Over-Cooked,Over-Priced,Meh ServiceLadyEttaVIPDined on 8/28/2014Really sorry to say this and hopefully it was just a bad night (bad Thursday -- really?). The Black Cod and it's lobster necklace were both overcooked. The gazpacho was tasty but presented a serious eating challenge with the long, loaded crouton straddling the bowl -- presumably the idea is to unite the two in the bowl but no really graceful way to do that. The wine pairing on the first course was ordered but overlooked no remedy offered except to pay for another glass after the first course was all eaten. There were some lovely looking desserts. They need to have a serious conference with the Executive Chef about the menu, the cooking and the service.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceMurphyDined on 8/27/2014We ate dinner on the patio which is a hidden gem. It's a bit of a hike up to the top but well worth the climb. The restaurant has multi-levels of dining space so it would be great for private functions. Our waiter, Greg, was wonderful ...very friendly and helpful. It was our first time at Globe (I have been to Earth in Rosedale a few times and was sad that it closed). We would definitely return, especially now that we know there is happy hour between 4:00 and 6:00 and 1/2 price bottles of wine on Sundays! Oh yes, the food was very good too with lovely presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting Menu DEE-VINE!DorieDined on 8/22/2014birthday celebrations for our hubbies - wonderful time. Delicious and flavourful morsels and the wine pairing was most lovely. excellent food, amazing atmosphere, delectable wine and loving friends - doesn't get much better than this!Special Features:
- Outstanding as always!KimDDined on 8/21/2014We had the 6 course Chef's menu. Each course was fully explained, beautifully plated/presented and absolutely delicious. I have dined here on a number of occasions and Globe consistently meets or exceeds the bar set at my previous visit. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- A MustbobbarbaraVIPDined on 8/10/2014Extensive menu with innovative and delicious food. Staff is friendly, helpful and efficient. Outdoor patio on roof is delightful. Cost is fair given the value of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Hard Working ServiceJeffVIPDined on 8/9/2014Came here on a visit to Toronto. We sat on the roof-top patio, which does have a little bit of a bar atmosphere. Although the dining room looked nice, we decided to enjoy the beautiful weather. I had a delicious gazpacho soup which was very unique. My main dish was a perfectly prepared elk loin, with an interesting sauce. My daughter really enjoyed her trout. We finished the meal with a couple of excellent desserts. The wine list is all or almost all from the Niagara region. We tasted a lot of wines and were very impressed with most of them. It was a busy night and had multiple servers helping us. All were hustling, but extremely helpful and friendly. Easy access from Broadview subway station. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- One of our favourite places.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014Usually end up at this restaurant for special romantic occasions with my wife. Food is always unique and exquisitely prepared. Staff is extremely professional and attentive.Special Features:
- Hidden Neighbourhood GemLBandBRluv2DineDined on 7/17/2014Discovered Globe on Open Table when looking for somewhere for our anniversary dinner. Summerlicious was on so their regular menu wasn't available. Totally didn't matter! We had the elk sausage and bean salad apps, fried chicken and trout mains and shortcake and chocolate ice cream cake ... everything was delicious! Our one issue was the drink I ordered (strawberry lime spritzer) wasn't mixed well and was undrinkable ... our server personally remixed it and it was perfect. Really appreciated that because you never know how things will go after you complain. We sat on the rooftop patio which was great, but look forward to going back another time for dinner indoors as the inside is really beautiful too. Definitely worth checking out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic spotVickyDined on 7/12/2014Of the restaurants I've been to this Summerlicious, Globe is the best. There aren't many others worth coming to on the East end, but even if you don't live over here definitely check it out. Portions were really good and the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic summerlicious dinnerBmanVIPDined on 7/6/2014My first time at Globe but it won't be my last. Really loved the food, great server, and interesting options on the menu.
- Summerlicious menu just okCleoVIPDined on 7/6/2014Usually love this restaurant, but the summerlicious menu was just ok. Both the red pepper gazpacho soup and the sausage appetizer were very good. The fish entrée was on the bland side but ok, but not up to their usual standards. Dessert was disappointing - both the peach and strawberry desserts were very light on fruit and presentation was poor. On the plus side, wine on Sunday is half price so the cost is just slightly above LCBO prices, a good time to splurge on a better bottle. Had to tell the manager to fix both soap dispensers in the bathroom. That shouldn't happen in a restaurant of this caliber. The roof top patio is lovely.Special Features:
- great rooftop patioBIGB59Dined on 7/5/2014We were greeted as soon as we walked in and were given a choice of sitting locations. Glad we took the rooftop patio. Had the Summerlicious menu. Food was great as was the service. We were going to a show at the Danforth Music Hall so the location was perfect. Would like to go back again.Special Features:
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014The food was excellent. The patio is outstanding. The service was friendly. Overall, an excellent place for a meal, or to relax and have a drink.Special Features:
- Fantastic!foodfanDined on 6/20/2014The food, ambiance and service were all amazing! I recommend the lobster gnocci! Can't wait to check out the rooftop patio for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014We were very happy with the food and the service. We had a little concern as our fish was drier than it should have been and the lady who helped s was most apologetic and also offered the deserts to compensate which was greatly appreciated but also very professional. Thank youSpecial Features:
- The following 738 reviews are from the Globe Bistro reviews archive.
- Eat more pigjodsgDined on 3/29/2014I really like Globe! This was my second time there. I've lived in the area for almost five years and wanted to go since I moved in but only got around to it last fall for the first time. I liked it so much I went back again. The weekend brunch is just delicious! My guest and I ate a ridiculous amount of pork. It was pretty amazing. The coat check is a nice touch when you arrive. The service both times I've been there has been excellent and the server really knowledgeable. I definitely will be going back! I can't wait to try more items on their menu.Special Features:
- Fabulous Creatively Prepared FoodMargueriteDined on 3/26/2014We enjoyed a 6 course tasting menu. Some of the highlights were parsley "earth" garnish on a marrow bone, in house smoked pears in a salad, veal cheek, and praline. All tiny courses but we were stuffed. The Globe Bistro is a new favourite for us now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too long with same utensilStoneDined on 3/16/2014We had a six course tasting menu - using the same utensil (not classy at all, I can do better at home). It took us 3 1/2 hours as we have to wait for about 20-30mins between courses. Even at the end, we have to wait for 15-20 mins for dessert as there were only two tables left. Overall experience is too long for a dinner.Special Features:
- 6 - course tasting menu4tastersDined on 3/7/2014The 6 courses turned out to be more like 9 with all the small in between dishes to cleanse the pallets. It was a wonderful surprise tasting what the chef decided was the menu. It opened all your taste buds and the four of us would recommend it as one of the best meals we have eaten out together. The restaurant was even able to accomodate allergy restrictions. If they have this again - we will be back but this time to try the upstairs deck outside. There was so much food and such a great variety. 5 STARS to the chef and his serving team who took the time to explain every dish as it was served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingCharlieVIPDined on 2/27/2014We took our daughter's parents for dinner and our first meeting and the fish was served undercooked, cool and flavourless. Too bad, we were looking forward to a nice meal.
- Diamond in the roughTheodorVIPDined on 2/26/2014Toronto's Danforth area is not famous for great restaurants so my dining experience here greatly exceeded my expectations. The food and service were top notch and the wine list here ranks among the finest in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a Winterlicious dinningkburgDined on 2/13/2014This was a Winterlicious dinning experience and therefore my criticism may not be the best representation of the restaurants abilities. The highlights of the experience were the friendly hostesses and the inviting décor. The back dinning room was large and open, but still seemingly intimate. The food was good and I was very pleased with the three dishes I was served. My date was pleased with the exception of her lemon cake dessert, which she found dull. The problem however, was the wait time on our food. From our appetizers to our entrées the wait time was over 40 minutes. The only explanation given was that "things must be backed up in the kitchen" as we were provided more bread. The wait times made it a disappointing experience.Special Features:
- I am pleasantly surprisedfoodisgoodDined on 2/11/2014the food was fantastic, everything is so well taken care of. You can really tell the chef put in a lot of thoughts and parings with all of his ingredients. The ambience was nice and quiet, a romantic get a way. My food partner was creep out by the modern art in the restaurant. I personally find it intriguing. Go if you like a place to enjoy great food and carry a private conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were there on a SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/9/2014We were there on a Sunday evening during Winterlicious. While the menu was somewhat limited, each of the 3 of us enjoyed our dishes. The haddock croguette was a delicious appetizer and the main dishes were tasty and nicely presented. A special feature of half-price wines on Sundays was very welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gastronomically pleasing experienceAmyGoldSilverDined on 2/9/2014From the ambiance, to service to food, everything about the dining experience at Globe Bistro is sure to please. The servers are professional and knowledgeable. Service was attentive and three course meal was pleasing. We had Sunday brunch--the portions could have been a bit larger, but it was brunch. The just baked bread was a delight and we asked for more. Even the green tea with a hint of pear was memorable. It is a locale that I will surely return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly ServiceTracyDDined on 2/8/2014We were 30 min late for a Winterlicious reservation and they graciously still offered us a seat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive staffOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2014We had a 1:30pm reservation on a Saturday and they were running behind. It was Winterlicious so that is understandable. The host offered us tea/coffee at the bar while we waited. A very nice touch.Special Features:
- Tasty Food and Good ServiceRolandDined on 2/8/2014Visited the Globe Bistro for Winterlicious. This was not our first visit to the Bistro. Had the Kale Caesar Salad while my friends had the Smoked Haddock Crostini (?). Both very tasty. For entree, the Mushroom Tagliatelli and Braised Lamb Shoulder was extremely tasty - but portions a little small. To end of the meal, we had the lemon chiffon cake, dutch specullant cake and chocolate pudding. Presentation was good, but tlemon chiffon cake was the best. Service was very good and attentive, but being one of the first guests to arrive for brunch, the restaurant was a bit cold, so it took awhile to warm up on a cold day. Would recommend this restaurant for foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the concept- and the food!Brooklyn917Dined on 2/7/2014In my experience, restaurants that promote the fact that they use local ingredients doesn't necessarily mean that the food is good. Globe bistro "Think global - eat local" has got the idea to perfection. All food is locally sourced and so deliciously prepared. I have tried their six course tasters menu (phenomenal) as well as Winterlicious, Brunch and a regular Friday night. Go and try this gem on the danforth. You will not be disappointed. And if you remember....during desert as for some of their honey (they have honeycombs on the roof of their restaurant and local farmers take care of them)! Unbelievable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treated my friend to dinnerUrbancaninesDined on 2/7/2014Treated my friend to dinner at Globe Bistro to celebrate her birthday last Friday evening. We took advantage of the Winterlicious offerings. Our meals were unique and prepared to perfection. I have also been there for Sunday Brunch - yet another excellent experience. So glad to have this restaurant in the neighbourhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serving sizesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/7/2014A little too small a serving. Felt a little too small vs the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went for WInterliciousMuffetDined on 2/7/2014We went for WInterlicious lunch. The food was great, the staff excellent, the value was excellent. We will definitely go to Globe again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We really enjoyed our dinner.michelinVIPDined on 2/6/2014Excellent dinner Excellent staff. We were held up a bit between courses……They gave us a discount on out bill..Which was not asked for but very thoughtful. We will save this gem for special times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food, but great atmospherefoodi3lov3Dined on 2/1/2014Apps: Kale salad and duck liver parfait Salad was a little too overdressed to my liking, but the parfait was amazing! Entrees: Lamb and Trout Lamb was cooked to perfection, however the portions were a little too small for my liking. I had larger portions at other places such as Sassafraz, with similar pricing. The trout was nice and flaky with a crisp skin. Impressed! Dessert: Cheese plate and Chiffon cake Cheese plate was interesting, but not that memorable. Cake was okay. Creme fraiche was great, but seemed to drown out the cake a little. The cake tasted as if it was bought from a grocery store.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WinterlisciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/31/2014Was there for a Winterlicious lunch. Good value for $20. I has the purée and the lamb and they were both very good. Staff was extremely friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely restaurantmckeniDined on 1/18/2014I visited last Friday and enjoyed the ambiance, food selection, the fact you could do a tasting menu if you desired. Enjoyed the lobster gnocchi, beet salad, cod and crab dish, as well as the cannelloni. I booked the table through open table and had a terrific spot picked for us. Would highly recommend them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years Eve at GlobeFlutterDined on 12/31/2013We took some friends to globe for New Years Eve. It's a personal favourite restaurant, but didn't quite deliver for New Year's Eve... It was totally packed, and there was live jazz... Great vibe for New Years, after one grows out of the party scene. The food was very good, but a few dishes weren't quite hot enough... Our starter soup was barely luke-warm... Tasty, but would have been better a bit hotter. The big complaint of the night was the pace of the meal - we waited an hour between the second and third course... The server recognized the issue, and kept assuring us it wouldn't be long. In the end, he comp'd some wine, which was kind of him. All in all, we had a nice night... It just fell a little short of my previous experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunch!FoodloverDined on 12/29/2013I'd heard about the brunch at Globe Bistro for years and decided to try it out with friends who were in town from Vancouver. Service was excellent. Our server was attentive, polite and took excellent care of us. The omelettes were delicious as well as the Eggs Benny. Will highly recommend to my friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return visitchesterVIPDined on 11/13/2013It has been a while since I have been back to the Globe and my recent visit made me wonder why I had waited so long to return. After sharing the charcuterie plate my friend and I enjoyed perfectly cooked halibut on a bed of excellent risotto. For dessert we had a whipped goat cheese "cheesecake" that was delicious. As always, the service was great - attentive and friendly without being overbearing or intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful brunchFoodenthusiastVIPDined on 11/10/2013Two friends and I recently had a birthday brunch at Globe. We have been there a number of times before for dinner. It never disappoints. Out server was excellent and accommodating. Food was yummy. Ambience is casual and friendly. Definitely a place to return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.